• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:rob:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 4 "Buy Xenoblade" =] feat. Boss, Chu, not PP =]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
NCSUSR Rankings - Brawl before Melee, MK Banned, Pokemon Stadium 2 Banned -[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red

Raleigh, NC 27606

Parked from the road:
It's in the Bragaw Activity Room. If you're parked right from the road in the little area in front of the building, just walk right into the front and the BAR is located right through the tinted double doors.

Parked around back:
If you're parking around back, then walk towards the building on the sidewalk on the righthand side of the parking lot and go through the door at the end there, then walk down the small hallway with the information desk, some vending machines, and a bathroom and turn right, the tinted double doors will be right there.

Parked somewhere else:
610-955-7902

Schedule
11:00 AM: Venue opens
12:00 PM: Brawl registration begins
1:00 PM: Brawl singles/doubles starts
5:00 PM: Brawl ends, food break, melee signup
6:00 PM: Melee singles/doubles starts
?:00 PM: Melee ends
12:00 AM: Venue closes.

Prizes
1st. 60%
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%

Prices
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $10
Brawl Singles - $5
Brawl Doubles - $10 per team
Door Fee - $3

• Take off $1 for each item brought - TV, Wii/Gamecube (w/ Melee/Brawl), Power Strip

Rules

[collapse=Brawl Rules]
General Gameplay Rules

• 3 stocks
  • 8 minute timer
  • Team attack on
  • Items set to off and none
  • Pause off
    • If pause is NOT turned off and the match is paused without consent of both players in the middle of the tournament match, whoever paused will immediately lose that round.
  • MK's fucking banned guys
  • Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR): You may not pick a stage that you have previously won on unless agreed to by your opponent.

1. Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on.
  2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
  3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
  4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
  5. The first match is played.
  6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
  7. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
  8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
  9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
  11. The next match is played.
  12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Stage List

• Starters
    • Battlefield
    • Final Destination
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Counterpicks
    • Castle Siege
    • Delfino Plaza
    • Frigate Orpheon
    • Halberd
    • Pokemon Stadium 1

• Pokemon Stadium 2 is banned

Conduct Rules
  • BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
  • Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
  • The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
  • Regarding textures and other game hacks:
    • Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
    • Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
  • Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Melee Rules]
- Items are set to off
- Stock - 4
- Timer - 8 minutes
- All sets are best of 3 (except all finals, which are best of 5)
- Stage Striking (1-2-2-1 fashion) will be done for match 1
- After the victor of a match is determined, the winner will announce 1 stage to ban (if they have not already done so) for the rest of the set. The loser will then select the stage for the next match. Then the winner of the previous match will choose their character, and then the loser will select theirs. This process will be continued until the winner of the set is determined.
- If there is a dispute over ports, then play rock-paper-scissors for it
- In the event of a timeout, sudden death is to be ignored. The winner will be decided first by stock, and then percentage. If both players have the same stock and percent, then the match must be replayed.
- Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players
- Gentleman's Rule: Any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages
- Stalling (such as Peach bomber under a stage, Ice Climbers' freeze glitch, etc.) is banned
- Wobbling is NOT banned
- For doubles, life stealing is allowed and Team Attack is set to ON

Stage Selection: Singles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Pokemon Stadium
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle 64

Stage Selection: Doubles

Neutral Stages

- Final Destination
- Dreamland 64
- Battlefield
- Yoshi Story
- Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick Stages

- All neutral stages
- Brinstar
- Rainbow Cruise
- Kongo Jungle
[/collapse]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You SHOULD come chibo! =]
last one had md/va and stuff. this one should be bigger o.o

thanksgiving is this thursday, come visit your ROB family here in NC lol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
we'll see.

idk how my thanksgiving break is structured yet. it'd be annoying (read: expensive) to go from greensboro to wilmington then raleigh then wilmington then greensboro in a span of like 4 days...

but we'll see.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hmm, will thanksgiving actually be a problem for people? I assumed that b/c thanksgiving is thursday people would be fine but maybe not. I could just wait and hold off until sometime after apex I guess @.@

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
TG is defined as a thursday.

get it together bro.

i don't think the holiday itself is a problem for me, i just think the expense of going home and to a tourney is more than i'd like to have. but yeah.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Having it on Thanksgiving weekend is perfect for me, since I'll definitely be in Cary during that time.

Confirmed.

Sauce Boss

Smash Journeyman
Probably will be here. Ethan might not take me since thanksgiving so I'm not completely sure. maybe have to ride in the mom-mobile.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I think im teaming with waldorf =[ sry
edit: oh wait he said he couldnt come.
wtf why do people celebrate thanksgiving all weekend its not that special o.O
w/e >.> idk we'll see what happens

Top Bottom