• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF League of Legends Thread, Registration End January 20,2012 , 64 Man Sign-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Welcome to the first official Smash World Forums League of Legends tournament! Prizes include cool forum icons I think!

Rules:

General:
  1. Teams will be made of 5 players. Players will sign up to participate in the tournament and will be added to the player pool. They will also say if they are OK to volunteer to possibly be a captain.
  2. Once signups have closed, an appropriate number of captains will be chosen, in an attempt to make the best players captains. These captains will then meet with me on Skype or Ventrilo or AIM (to be determined) and will choose their teams in a snake draft.
  3. I will make the bracket in tio, and I am planning on using random seeding generated by the program. Seeding will be random. For this reason, I will not participate in the tournament. The bracket will be double elimination, and each match will be best of 3.
  4. Cheating or unnecessary, malicious behavior in this tournament (up to the discretion of SWF moderators) is punishable by SWF moderators using infraction points, and you may also be banned from future tournaments held in the Light House.

Organizing your Match:
  1. Once the brackets have been updated for the current round, you will have one week (7 days) to play your next match. Team captains should contact each other through this thread, PMs, or AIM to organize a time to play, and once they have, both should confirm it in this thread. If a team then does not show up for the match at the agreed time, they will forfeit. Team captains, be sure to speak with your teammates to find when they are available.
  2. If you do not have 5 teammates available, you may play a match 4v5 or 4v4, but the team with 5 chooses if they want to play with 5 or 4.
  3. For each game, when picks and bans begin, each team must confirm which of their five players are playing. Once this has been confirmed, it cannot change. This rule is to prevent baiting worthless player-specific bans out of your opponent.
  4. Bans and picks will be organized in the general chat in the matchmaking screen and not in the automated system. Each team will have one minute for each ban or pick phase.
  5. The lower seeded team in the tournament chooses to be either Blue or Purple Team. The higher seeded team starts with the first ban, following a ABABAB format. The higher seeded team then starts with the first pick, following a ABBAABBAAB format. No duplicate champions.
  6. The losing team of the last game then proceeds as the "higher seeded team," for the next game's picks and bans, while the winning team proceeds as the "lower seeded team." (Team Higher Seed = A; Team Lower Seed = B)
  7. If your team does not show up within fifteen minutes of the start time, your team forfeits.

Gameplay:
  1. A team can call for a restart of a match as long as 5 minutes have not passed and first blood has not been drawn.
  2. If a player disconnects past the 5 minute mark, the match must continue. That specific player must reconnect if he wishes to continue.

Necessary WCG Clarification Rule:
  1. In the Grand Finals, the losing team has to win two sets to win the tournament. I am typing this in the rules because that is what a responsible tournament organizer does to distinguish himself from amateurs.

If you have any questions or an issue needs moderation, please contact me (Dphat/Andy). Once the tournament is seeded, volunteers will be accepted for more referees.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them! Discuss!

To officially enter the tournament, please post in the following format:
(Example)
Forum Name: Summoner Name (Captain OK/No)

Also, if you want to write down what (if any, or all) roles or champions you like to play or are comfortable playing, that might be a good idea too!

If you would like to sign up as a substitute player, please do so by saying you are a sub instead of if you are a captain or not. This is for players who might not be able to play on a regular basis but would still like to help or participate.

Substitute players may be draft picked in a similar format to regular players, once all regular players have been drafted. It depends on how many we get.

Sign-ups will be open from the January 16, 2012 till January 20, 2012. Please sign up and help make this tournament success!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Forum Name: Wrath`
Summoner Name: Seabasz
Captain: No.
Lv: 30

Main champs:
AD: Caitlyn
AD Casters: Renekton
AP: Kennen/Vlad/Brand/Karthus
Support: Sona
Jungle: Warwick/Udyr/Skarner
Trolls: Singed

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Forum Name: Fluttershy
Summoner Name: ZzShy
Captain: No

Prefer Tanking or Support, but I do enjoy AP Carry. I can play pretty much whatever decently well, but I cannot jungle at all.

Best Champs: Shyvana, Lux, Riven, Blitzcrank, Singed, Kayle

I also am confident with: Akali, Annie, Ashe, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Galio, Gangplank, Garen, Kennen, Leona, Master Yi, Nocturne, Nunu, Ryze, Sivir, Tristana, Twisted Fate, and Veigar.

I own 43 champs.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Forum Name: DtJ Hilt
Summoner Name: Hilt Aurora

Main Roles: AP Carry mostly, passable at Support and AD carry.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Necessary WCG Clarification Rule:
  1. In the Grand Finals, the losing team has to win two sets to win the tournament. I am typing this in the rules because that is what a responsible tournament organizer does to distinguish himself from amateurs.

Forum Name: Pakman
Summoner Name: CosmicHippo

We might get lucky and have spectator mode enabled for the tournament.

Characters in order of confidence: Warwick(Jungle), Galio, Nasus, Jarvin (Top or Jungle), Amumu, Alistar, Taric, Karma(Mid), Kassadin, Corki, Caitlyn, Xerath

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Forum name: M3D
Summoner Name: Odincore
Roles: AD carry, support, jungle but only a few champs

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I edited the first ban / first pick rules to match NESL after a good suggestion. Also, if you would like to sign up as a substitute, you can do so, and I edited those rules into the first pots. Also, forfeit rules.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also, if you want to write down what (if any, or all) roles or champions you like to play or are comfortable playing, that might be a good idea too!

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Forum Name: SummonerAU
Summoner Name: SummonerAU
Captain: No.
Champs: I have more than 10 I'm comfortable with that fill the roles needed.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

Forum Name: Pakman
Summoner Name: CosmicHippo

We might get lucky and have spectator mode enabled for the tournament.

Characters in order of confidence: Warwick(Jungle), Galio, Nasus, Jarvin (Top or Jungle), Amumu, Alistar, Taric, Karma(Mid), Kassadin, Corki, Caitlyn, Xerath

Quoted to show characters.

Nuris

Smash Lord
Forum Name: Nuris
Summoner Name: Girth
Generally play support

Coney

Smash Master
Forum Name: zak (coney)
Summoner Name: Tank Sinatra Jr
Champs: can play at least two champs for every role well, but best are singed, gragas, rumble
Roles (order of confidence): tank, bruiser, ap carry, ad carry, support

special note to any prospect captains: my fear of being unlucky and dragged into low elo is what stops me from playing ranked, but i have over 1200 (!!!) normal wins (i know i know don't laugh) and got gold elo last season. if you look at my season 1 ranked games, i carried most of them and always had a positive k:d ratio (well except for amumu but those assists tho). i got gold elo last season in 15 games specifically for the jarvan skin, and am pretty sure i could get gold elo again if i played enough at it, just honestly too scared of getting unlucky early and getting sucked into a terrible ranking i'll take forever to crawl out of. i'm really anxious when it comes to PERMANENT RECORDS for some reason and find the idea of attaching a loss to my name because of complete idiots kinda aversive. my solo queue luck in normals is incredibly ****ty, so i just don't trust it.

tl;dr i'm pretty good, just a *****, please believe me, look @ my season 1 stats

solecalibur

Smash Master
Forum Name: solecalibur
Summoner Name: solecalibur

Roles : ad carry (request) / Support / Ap carry / Top solo / Jungle (In that order)

My roles normally fill the current meta when it comes to character wise and I have a working mic for vent (can use my friends server) / skype / mumble / etc

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Forum Name: UTDZac
Summoner Name: UTDZac
Captain: Yes

I play any role.

@Host: Are we allowed to use the test beta realm to play our matches? This way, others can spectate.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Forum Name: Gifts
Summoner Name: Gìfts (note the accented i)

Roles: Jungle, AP carry, Solo top

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DarkDragoon
LordDarkDragoon
Play: Akali, Support, AD Carry.
No Captain.

-DD

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
SWF: Zero_Gamer
LoL: OniMaster

Roles: Jungle (Skarner only), Support (Nidalee only), big spinning idiots in solo top

Warning: I'm bad at supporting, but I am good at Gears of War.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Forum name: I_Am_Plum
Summoner name: ThePlum
Roles comfortable playing:
Solo top (Cho, Renekton, :teemo:, Nasus, Akali [full rune page], Brolaf)
AP Mid (Gragas, Cass, Orianna)
Jungle (Nunu, Pirate, Udyr, Brolaf, WW, Lee Sin, Mummy)
AD bot (Ashe, Kog, Cait, Graves)
Support (Cow, Sona, Leonna)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Forum Name: JTB
Summoner Name: Sky Pirate Vyse
Roles: Anything but jungle

ah yeah

MacD

Banned via Administration
forum name: MacDaddy69
summoner name: MacDsmash
captain: i can if need be (seems like you might need more) but i'd prefer not to

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Skizerlord
Carry Support AP. Just not jungle. Not captain

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Forum: Scamp
Summoner: Unmay
Captain: Hmmm....I think I could.

I can do whatever role, in this order of preference:

Jungle, Top, Support, AD carry, AP carry.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Forum Name: Thiocyanide
In-game: Thiocyanide

Jungle / Top Lane > AP mid >> Bot AD/support

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Forum Name: Ryker
In-Game: GS Ryker
Captain: Unnecessary

I can fill any role with multiple characters that I would feel comfortable playing in tournament.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
HondaFoo : HondaFoo
I could captain but prefer not to

I hardcore main support, mostly Janna. Also have the best AP carry Lux outside of Roku

Contact me through PM or by Skype (HondaFoo)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Updated mine cuz I felt like I had practically nothing on it. (And was bored with nothing to do)

Rad

Smash Ace
Forum Name: Rad
Summoner Name: Rad3n

I'm actually not good at this game. Only good at last hitting. I prefer farming with AP but I can farm with most top tier characters I guess.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Forums: Ad3pt
Summoner: Ad3ptroid
Capt'n: No Thanks

Prefer tank/solo top. Only just hit lvl 30 so I'm still very noob. Put me on a really good team to even things out :)

Pretty good on TT though.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Sign me up! Summoner name is Bassem6.

I like to play mid lane ap carries, a couple of ranged ad, and irelia top :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom