• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2012 - Florida Infohub

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This will be the official thread for anyone from Florida going to Apex 2012, which is January 6th-8th, 2012. In case you don't know what that is for some random reason, here is a link to the original tourney thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298262

In short, the tourneys there are: Melee, Brawl, 64, All Brawl, Pokemon B/W, AE, UMVC3, MK9​

Here you will find all of Florida smasher's information in one convenient location, which makes it easier to make plans for housing, teaming, rides, or general hanging out while you're there

Interest, but not confirmed List:
Jeff
Redhalberd

Flight Info:

GDX/Ryo/True Blue/Dtorr:
Leaving January 5th from Orlando/MCO to Newark/EWR on Jetblue @ 7:35AM
Returning January 9th on Jetblue @ 12:00pm

DJ Jack/ESAM/MVD/Xaltis/Dfear :
Leaving January 5th from Atlanta to New York/Laguardia on ______. @ 10am
Returning January 9th on _____ @ afternoon

Mink/Kuro:
Leaving January 4th from Orlando to Newark on SW @ 7:20am
Returning January 9th on SW @ 10am

Seibrik:
Leaving January 5th from Miami to New York/Laguardia ______ @ 8:12pm
Returning January 9th on _____ @ 6:45am

Ed/Ian:
Leaving January 4th from Tampa to Newark on southwest @ 6:10 am. Arrive 12:20pm
Returning January 9th on southwest @ 7:35am

DaShizWiz:
Leaving January 5th from Fort Meyers to Newark on ____ @ 8:30am. Arrive 1:26pm
Returning January 9th on _______ @ 8:15am

Trump/Lexi:
Leaving January 4th from Tampa to Newark on Continental @ 6:30am. Arrive 9:07am
Returning January 9th on Continental @ 6:20am

Teammate Info:
GDX -> (empty slot)
Fyre -> (empty slot)
Kuro -> (empty slot)
Dfear -> (empty slot)
Ian -> (empty slot)

Lexi -> Brianna
DJ Jack -> Xaltis
Mink -> Dapuffster
Nick Riddle -> Seibrik
Ed -> Trump
Esam -> MVD
Ryo -> Trueblue

Hotel Info:
For the hotel, there are two options. Apex has rented out a number of rooms reserved for those who would like to rent them (not the entire hotel):

First Option: Official Apex Hotel Hyatt
We have worked out a deal once again with the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick.

Two Albany Street
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901
Tel: +1 732 873 1234

The hotel is conveniently located down the road from the venue and available at a discounted price (Around 1 mile from venue, no cab necessary). See the instructions below for booking and rates.

RESERVATIONS PROCESS & BOOKING WEBSITE

ONLINE RESERVATIONS ONLY the link below will take you to a site dedicated toward making your reservation quick and easy. You will be able to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.

To view the website, please click the following link:

Please click here to book your room

Here are the current room rates:

Single Occupancy $119
Double Occupancy $119
Triple Occupancy $144
Quadruple Occupancy $169
Suites $219
The “cut-off date” is 12/19/2011. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date will be based on availability at the Hotel’s prevailing rates and will be credited to the Group’s Guest Room Block.

Second Option: Howard Johnson
Georgia and I stayed at a different hotel for Apex 2010, which is in the same location for 2012:

Click Here for a link to their website

Rates per night average $60. It is too far away to walk (3-4 miles away), so If you stay here you will have to do what we did, which is get a van cab. The cab ride was 14 dollars, and the van can fit 7 people (so $2 per person each way)

Confirmed Housing:
Option 1 - Hyatt Regency
Nick Riddle & Brianna - Friday to Monday - No open slots

Option 2 - Howard Johnson
GDX
2link
2link sister
Blubba
Ryo
Trueblue
Ian
Ed
Dtorr
Kuro
Lexi
Trump

Option 3 - Other housing
ESAM - housing with Pane Thursday to Monday
Mink - housing with Dapuffster Wednesday to Thursday, with viper Friday-Monday
Seibrik - housing with friend Thursday
Kuro - housing with friend Wednesday, possibly Thursday

Confirmed list that needs some type of housing (so we know how many rooms are necessary)
GDX
Ryo **
TrueBlue **
2link **
2link sister **
DJ Jack
MVD
Xaltis **
Dfear **
Fyre
Dtorr
Kuro **
Seibrik
Ed **
Trump
Lexi**
Ian **
Blubba
Dtorr **

** = confirmed they'll have money for weekend housing

If you have your info to add, PM it to me or post in this thread and let me know you posted, so it isn't lost in the scramble. I know a few people off the top of my head that I need flight info for already

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Ok, so Xaltis, DJ Jack, MVD, and I are driving up to Atlanta Wednesday, flying into LGA Thursday ~noon, and then leaving monday at idr what time.

I'm teaming with MVD and I'm guessing Danny/Taylor are teaming with each other.

I'm staying with Pane every night :D

gallax

Smash Hero
Hey

So, i'm flying in on the 4th (Wednesday) from Southwest airlines, leaving from Orlando at 7:20am.
I'm leaving NY on the 9th, at 10am, same flight as Kuro.

Wed/Thurs i'm staying with Dapuffster.

I'd like to stay with FGCU for friday, saturday and sunday. But as far as i know they have nothing confirmed.

That's my info though. I vote howard johnson.
It's alot cheaper.

-mink

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
alright esam update for you and the crew

edit: so are you mink. are you flying to JFK, laguardia, newark?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
my flight stuffs

Departing Flight
Fort Lauderdale, FL / Miami, FL AREA - FLL

New York, NY - LaGuardia - LGA

Thursday January 5, 2012
Departing:8:12 PM
Arriving: 10:59 PM
Flight 710

Returning Flight
New York, NY - LaGuardia - LGA
Fort Lauderdale, FL / Miami, FL AREA - FLL
Monday January 9, 2012
Departing: 6:45 AM
Arriving: 9:38 AM
Flight 705

also, im staying at a friends thursday night, alone, sorry

annnd friday im most likely getting on a megabus super early to go down to MD and visit my neice.

I'll try to be on a bus back leaving MD at 5pmish, so i'd be back in time square round 8pm friday

duno what im doing from that point...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I clearly said I was leaving ATL at 10, and arriving near noon on Thursday January 5th.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i was about to get hyped that me and mink will arrive at the same time...but then I saw it leaves on wednesday not thursday

Two-Ell

Smash Master
My flight Stuffs

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll282/2link121/Screen Captures/ApexTickets.png

Okay I went through and checked to see who said they were interested(in any degree) in an official hotel room. I will make the names links to the post where they expressed interest. Here are the names

Me+1(My sis; she'll be paying ofc)
GDX
Fyre
Seibrik
Xaltis
DJ Arcatek(told me over AIM)
Mink
D-Torr

I mostly likely have an OoS smasher willing to buy in as well. Anyone else not listed please feel free to post here to be added on the list.

:rosalina:

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Just for the record, you wrote my name twice in the ESAM carpool thing:

DJ Jack/ESAM/DJ Jack/Xaltis:
Leaving January 5th from Atlanta to New York/Laguardia on ______. @ 10am
Returning January 9th on _____ @ afternoon

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
How would that work if we all shared a room? Like who would book it and how much would it cost us each?
depends on who has the total money to book (if the hotel requires payment up front. most hotels dont charge you until the weekend itself) and which hotel we stay at (for the amount per person)

IDGAF im getting a bed Friday night this time

and thanks garret. Id imagine you guys would discuss as a group which hotel. Im personally down for the Howard Johnson, since its over half the price of the other...even two rooms is cheaper than the main hotel. But everyone might not be down for a van cab fare $2 each way so you guys will have to discuss it

Edit: and ill correct it danny

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Okay so I just spoke with Alex Strife over AIM. Charges wont be applied to a card until checkout.

Anyone who wants to buy into the room will have plenty of time to come up with the money.

:rosalina:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if the apex hotel were all smashers like genesis id 100% stay there

but since its a block of rooms still thinking about if i want to stay there or at the place I was at last year. I have EVO and final round to go to next year, on top of whatever random OOS brawl tourneys get hyped

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'd rather go for money > other smashers personally.

Espeically if it's saving 2-3 meals worth.
Not to mention the only difference we'd be paying for is like, what, more room? How much time are we chillin' in the room?

It'd be nice to be able to walk to the tourney though.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
@Mink

My SG senator and I made a rough draft of the bill a few hours ago. He is going to run it by other senators in SG then he and the other sponsors for the bill will make a final draft.

That Draft will be in legislation for 2 weeks. Then it will hit the floor and get voted on. Right now it looks like i will be able to confirm in ~3 weeks. What the senate and i agree to might not be what is on the final draft once it get through legislation.

This is what is on the Bill. We will be Flying American Airlines, arriving early on the 6th. We will be staying in one room for 3 nights 6-9th. We check out and leave on the 9th and take the plane back to Ft Myers in the morning.

The final draft is for 8 people to go. Senate might push it to 6 in legislation, it will pay for round trips and housing at the Hyatt for the 3 nights. Food and registration are on the club members but we are going to reduce the cost of registration by fund raising we have around 120 so far.

If it all works out and all 8 can fly it will be great. If only 6 can go it is still ****ing awesome that i got my school to sponsor the trip to APEX 2012!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
^^ Yeah that's ****ing sick.

If you guys get one room, you're gonna squeeze me in there right?!
Yeah with out a doubt.

You helped me build the scene at this school from nothing. This is an accumulation of all the hard work that has been put in. I would have it no other what then for you to be apart of it.

We still consider you part of the Smash scene over here at FGCU.

Like really i could not have dreamed this up when i started playing here its just awesome.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yeah man, that's ****ing sick.

I'm excited to see you this weekend, and i plan on staying at your place all weekend if you're down.
At least friday night.

The scene you made down there is pimp status. I'm jelly i'm not there anymore :-\.
You guys should enter All BRAWLLLLLLLL Hahahaha

What 6 people are coming?

aaaaaaand dibs on a bed.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Yeah man, that's ****ing sick.

I'm excited to see you this weekend, and i plan on staying at your place all weekend if you're down.
At least friday night.

The scene you made down there is pimp status. I'm jelly i'm not there anymore :-\.
You guys should enter All BRAWLLLLLLLL Hahahaha

What 6 people are coming?

aaaaaaand dibs on a bed.
Yeah this weekend will be fun with the tourney coming up and naples and all that.
you can stay over its all good. I will have brittany there so i will spend time with her too. I will talk to you about all that on aim.

I am not going to drop any names yet there is still time let for me to make final decisions but i have a good idea.

The officers of the VGC will get the beds. you are more then welcome to squeez in on the floor or where ever you crash thats not on a bed.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Challenge accepted.
I get 2 check in bags. Looks like 1 will be all pillows.

**** it, i'll ask for extra pillows up the ***.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Just registered.

Brawl (Singles and Doubles), UMvC3, and AE. Gonna be a busy weekend. Sorry Mink, I did not enter All Brawl.

Keith, add me to the without partner list.

:phone:

Top Bottom