• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU Fall Brawl 2011 11/5/11

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
FGCU Presents: The Fall Brawl 2011

11/5/11
Ft Myers , Florida
61 Entrants

Singles Results:
1: L Boss (ShiekSSBM) :luigi2: / :falco: ($60.00)
2: Viper :falco: ($30.00)
3: Veggi :peach: / :dk2:($10.00)
4: SSGuy :wario:
5: Mink :jigglypuff: / :zerosuitsamus:
5: M!X :snake:
7: Abscent :diddy:
7: ****** :rob:
9: MechMainaic :samus2:
9: TRA :marth:
9: Megalodon :snake:
9: PoonR :gw: / :toonlink:
13: Zap :popo: / :wolf: / :dk2:
13: Juan :ness2:
13: FWD Smash :pit:
13: BD Joe :pikachu2:
17: Kev :snake:
17: Green :pt:
17: Nova :marth:
17: Dax :lucario:
17: Oggero :diddy:
17: Avataur Yang :yoshi2:
17: Blue :metaknight:
25: Wolverine527 :marth:
25: Fireman :marth:
25: Ebi :pit:
25: Naso :rob:
25: DS :falco:
25: Strickler
25: Birdhead :toonlink:
25: Ocelot
33: Snope :wolf:
33: Sammy :zelda:
33: ImimortalxR
33: Lana :zerosuitsamus:
33: Subslayer
33: Gucci
33: Laenos
33: XSV :pit:
33: Rancid :lucario:
33: Guppy
33: Coyote
33: Cart :metaknight:
33: Red :fox: / :falco:
33: Treequil
33: Issac
33: Jaser
49: Memo :toonlink:
49: StickyAl192
49: Dusty
49: Sam
49: Dab :toonlink:
49: Bear
49: Dragon
49: KONG
49: Lobo :pikachu2:
49: Shmon
49: Mazda :rob:
49: C Money12 193
49: Kit T :toonlink:
49: Ninja

Bracket:

Amateur Bracket:

18 Entrants

1: Blue :metaknight: ($10.00)
2: Nova :marth:
3: Red :falco: / :fox:
4: XSV :pit:
5: Dax :lucario:
5: Avataur Yang :yoshi2:
7: Ebi :pit:
7: Green :pt:
9: Snope :wolf:
9: Rancid :lucario:
9: DS :falco: / :wolf:
9: Memo :toonlink:
13: Dab :toonlink:
13: Matk :pt:
13: Ace
17: Cart :metaknight:
17: Lobo :pikachu2:
17: pookie
17: Lana :zerosuitsamus:

Bracket:

Doubles:
18 Teams

1: Viper :falco: & ****** :rob:
2: Veggi :dk2: & SSGuy :wario:
3: PoonR :metaknight: / :gw: & B.D. Joe :pikachu2:
4: TRA :marth: & Blue :metaknight:
5: MechMainaic :snake: / :samus2: & MAO!! :rob: / :samus2:
5: Dax :lucario: & Juan :ness2:

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
1st post, even though I wasn't here XD.

Cgs to Lboss once again. too good.

I'll watch the vids in a little bit, need to finish some hw, but I did watch the 1st 3 vids of gf. Ur falco seems to be better a lot offensively. Key things I noticed is that when hit with the kill moves, you could've DI'd those considering it wasnt f-smash or up-b and survived as well as when you were done racking him up (you did that very well btw), you always rushed the kill which didn't pay off as you can see. Also you should try not to give up the lead by any means necessary, just a few critiques, but overall gj.

So was this a cash payout?

Mechmainiac

Smash Cadet
Blue - Once you know you char better im sure you'll beat *** but trying to get on the stage in my Z-Air range was kinda not the best thing to do

Viper - A good match as usual man

SSguy - Holy *** gas you got soo good all of a sudden congrats

Abscent - I wish that was a god damn tourny match man played my heart out in that set all in all good match

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Veggi- Peach scares me so much that I literally hate approaching you. That was an amazing set though. I've conquered your Mario and made you switch from Donkey Kong. One of these days I will get your Peach. Congratulations on getting 3rd. I was pulling for you in every match you played. (Obviously not ours though...)

Mink- It's been a while but I finally got you again. Thanks for coming down again. It was awesome being able to hang out with you again. Can't wait to check that Twitter out.
(Subscribe today! https://twitter.com/#!/RyansGameboyCLR)

Abscent- Damn. What happened to you was epic. How does one die from 2 forward throws, a motorcycle and a fart? Good set though.

Mech- Keep playing that Samus. Some one needs to show her love.

M!X- So sick! I never felt so tense during a Snake match in my life. Your nade game is sick. Can't wait to play you again. That was epic!

more shout outs to come tomorrow. (now to sleep)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Need to log off smashboards, **** is too good for procrastinating, but holy **** chris's falco went in on mink ;)

edit: I heard swolf went in as well :awesome:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I love how some americans claim that their tourney scene is dying when evidence exists that a low entry fee and an amateur bracket is enough to bring in ****ing 60 entrants to a local tourney - without having to ban MK.

This is how tourneys should be hosted, good work.

:059:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Sheikssbm come to apex. Gj on the first place. I hope those videos of your matches are good so I can put them in the Luigi MU thread. :3

POONR

Smash Cadet
Congrats to LBoss once again. Glad I got to play a match against you. I've never been so scared of a Luigi.

Viper- Glad that there was a good turn out to the tourney. You've really built up a great scene here. Sucks you couldn't take first, but there's always Spring Smash. Lookin forward to see you play at Apex. My Falco nii ggaa

Veggi- Good **** Veg. So glad to see you tear it up. That wii mote man. Peach and DK a team of characters nobody gives enough credit to and you rep them so well. Proud of you Veggi, you deserved to be that high up in results.

SSGuy- T-Dawg! God daaaaaaaaaamn. You did so good. You came in and said "I think I'll wreck lives today" and you did. Proud to see you rise above all the **** losses you've had and come to Fall Brawl and make top 5! Wins on Mech, Abscent, and Mink, you've shown that you are clutch. Hopefully we get to play in teams again, BigD in da Poon is gonna get thattt.

Mink- Nice job. A bit disappointed you didnt win with Sonic. O well thats the world of playing Sonic lol. Glad I got to see you again. Also very glad I got to see your Jigglypuff beat Kev lol.

M!X- Damn I hate Snake. But you camp so well lol. So I give you all the credit in the world. You played very well. Ur a good player deserved top 5.

Abscent- A little surprised you didn't finish top 5. I thought you had game 2 in that set, but alas Wario's fat *** wouldn't die. Come and get them inactivity points off.

******- Surprised you didn't make top 5 either, but I know your glad your brother won. So congrats on top 10. Best R.O.B. no doubt.

Mech/Canada Dry- So glad I got to see you again, good job whippin out Sammy and zairing the crap outta people. Hope I see you sometime again before the years over lol.

TRA- Good job placing top 10. I didnt see any of your matches honestly but nice win on ****** dude. Good ****.

Techaladon- YOU THREW THAT **** BEFORE YOU WALKED IN THA ROOM!

POONR- Aw Yeaaaa top 10.

Zap- Nice matches Zap. I was scared to play Ice Climbers, but I bomb camped you as much as I could, you kept that pressure on and I feel that another game couldve gone your way. It was all Nanas fault.

Juan- The Great Juan. Reppin Ness awww yeeaaa. Glad to see you get that far up with a lower ranked character. I liked that part where you hit a home run right at Lucario.

BDJOE- My tag team partner in Big **** in da Poooooooooon. Sorry I had to 9 you. =)

I expected Nova (FGCU's Villain), Blue and Yang to place a little higher.

To everyone else, glad you could make it out to the tourney.
We're on the Road to APEX!!!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Alright.

Well i'm not going to shoutouts everyone. Sorry if i forget you, i'm going to do my best.

Viper - thanks for hosting and letting me and Redfox play. It was awesome seein' the community again.

SSGUY - Good game man. You're getting better. I'll get you next time!!!!

Abscent - Good job gettin' beat by samus :troll:

Mix - Good games. You're an awesome guy man. We need to chill NOT in smash.

Swolf - Bro. Gotta get that hard **** off Viper's girl man.

Sheikssbm - God Damn. I hate falco so ****ing much.

Magnelium - Broski. Come to O-town to chill.

Poonr- thanks for saying bye bro -,- good job at getting top 10 though.

Blue and Red - Thanks for lettin' me coach you and listenin' to the things i said! You guys are wicked cool.

BDJoe - you're ****in' cool man.

Mech - I missed you man. You're funny as ****. And i hate Zair. Glad i didn't have to see it and whip out :wolf:

Terry's sister for being cute amongst an entire tournament full of Melvins.

Nova for beating my ganon twice on RC.

Shoutouts to my favorite nubs:

Kev, Juan, Green, Lana, Rancid and XSV.

This was a fun tourney. Good seein' everyone again. Apex will be a blast.

POONR

Smash Cadet
Poonr- thanks for saying bye bro -,- good job at getting top 10 though.
Thanks Mink. Sorry I didn't say bye. I had to go get food before work, you were in a match. JOHNS I know. I'm sorry. I apologize and still cherish your congratulations for me making top 10.

POONR

Smash Cadet
Bro I know that feel Mink. I said I was sorry. I can't do much about it now. But I can tell you theres FGCU APEX hype. Hype that will become reality when I establish my position to be there. I can say bye to you then lol

Flayl

Smash Hero
I love how some americans claim that their tourney scene is dying when evidence exists that a low entry fee and an amateur bracket is enough to bring in ****ing 60 entrants to a local tourney - without having to ban MK.

This is how tourneys should be hosted, good work.

:059:
This isn't the only region that can get very high attendance when there's no venue or entry fee. People love free stuff.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
Sheikssbm come to apex. Gj on the first place. I hope those videos of your matches are good so I can put them in the Luigi MU thread. :3
Thanks bro, my matches were good, but not my best. Unfortunately, I live in Naples and I don't have anyone to practice with. I only got to play the night before the tournament with my brother ******. But if I go to Apex, I definitely want to be at my peak.

Viper: Speaking of Apex, ****** told me FGCU is taking a bus there. Is it possible that I can go with you guys? We should rep South West FL together.
Also, Are you going to upload our third match in winners finals? I think I recorded matches with Abscent as well, could you upload those?

POONR: Your G&W is pretty good, close matches. Too bad you didn't like my shirt.

SSGuy: You've gotten a lot better, keep at it.

Veggi: You got a lot better too, too bad we couldn't do Luigi vs. Mario.

Mink: Lets do Jigg vs. Luigi next time then.

Veggi

Smash Champion
1: L Boss (ShiekSSBM):Nice getting to meet you, I wish I could have done those friendlies with you at the beginning because I didn't get to play you at all. I wanted Grand Finals to be Mario vs. Luigi. : (
2: Viper: I just have to keep trying I guess. Good games.
4: SSGuy: Your Wario is soooo scary. You were landing farts like nobodies business. If you keep going at this rate you're going to beat me next time. >_>
5: Mink: It was cool seeing you again. Low tier matches are always fun.
5: M!X: I don't think you knew the DK matchup very well, but a lot of times I hope for that so I can't complain. Good games. Your Snake is very fun to watch and our set was intense.
7: Abscent: Hopefully next time you won't have a rampaging Terry in the next tourney.
7: ******: Cool seeing you and your Smash family. You'll probably do a lot better in the next tourney. Some silly things happened to you.
9: MechMainaic: It was nice meeting you. Great Samus! Hopefully I'll give you more of a challenge next time in other fighting games. You're a cool guy.
9: TRA: Thanks for helping me out and cheering for me when I was playing. Our set was soooo close. I can't believe I won. DK is a beautiful animal.
9: Megalodon: Ike vs. Falco is hard. You're always fun to talk to. Keep repping that Ike.
9: PoonR: You're an awesome guy. Congrats on getting top ten. I enjoyed seeing you at Yogen Fruz yesterday, but I don't know where the rest of my ice cream is. I left it in Sam's freezer. ****. You look really good in that uniform though. Not even kidding.
13: Zap: The people you played against were sweating salt. It's good you could take it though.
13: Juan: Nessssssssssssss. Keep up the good work. Your set with Dax was cool, but you got a little too excited, haha. I always like talking to you.
13: FWD Smash: Our set was fun. Your shirt was amazing.
13: BD Joe: We didn't get to talk much this tourney. : (
17: Kev: Keep on trucking, you're getting better. I like that I gradually see you in more parts of my life.
17: Green: Keep up the good work with Pokemon Trainer. I like that we got you three trainers gathered in one spot.
17: Nova: Nice talking with you. Hopefully all your problems get resolved. I'm happy your rainbow set went well.
17: Dax: You're a cool guy and very modest. You did really well in our set. I can't believe I pulled it back.
17: Oggero: Nice seeing you again. Hope to see you more often.
17: Avataur Yang: It's a Small World After All.
17: Blue: Nice seeing you again.
25: DS: I'm happy that you could come with us to Cici's. Hopefully I'll see you around more often.
33: Snope: I'm happy that you liked watching my DK. He's a cool character. Hope to see you around more. I like talking to you.
33: Lana: Glad to see you again. I really like talking to you and Kevin. I might start playing Minecraft soon! Good luck to you if you decide to try out normal Samus. I don't know much about her, but she's an interesting character.
33: XSV: Our friendlies were fun. I like getting experience against Pit players. Hopefully when I get more used to the matchup with Mario I'll start doing better.
33: Rancid: You're a lot of fun to talk to and I really like your personality, haha. I'm glad that I finally have two people who cheer for me between you and Lana. Keep up the good work with Lucario. Just keep practicing!

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Thanks bro, my matches were good, but not my best. Unfortunately, I live in Naples and I don't have anyone to practice with. I only got to play the night before the tournament with my brother ******. But if I go to Apex, I definitely want to be at my peak.

Viper: Speaking of Apex, ****** told me FGCU is taking a bus there. Is it possible that I can go with you guys? We should rep South West FL together.
Also, Are you going to upload our third match in winners finals? I think I recorded matches with Abscent as well, could you upload those?

I uploaded all the sets that i had saved to an sd card. I could not find our g3 in WF and i did not find your set vs abscent. I will check to see if you saved it to the wii and if its there i will get it up sometime this week.

About Apex we are going to be flying 6-8 people in so the Man Van idea got scraped. if you can find the money to get there possibly we can house together.

Roller

Smash Legend
Viper, I'm curious what you did to get the word out about this tourney? I'm impressed by the number of entrants you were able to get for a local.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Viper's a beast.

He started a Super Smash Bros Brawl movement at his Video Game Club at his school, FGCU.

Every friday they host tournaments, that they use to rank each player. Player's can Ranked Match other players, and kids are constantly fighting to be the best. There are even tiers in the rankings, so that kids can try to get enough points to get into higher tiers.

He also hosts amateur brackets, which new players love.

Viper's doing work.

POONR

Smash Cadet
Viper's a beast.

He started a Super Smash Bros Brawl movement at his Video Game Club at his school, FGCU.

Every friday they host tournaments, that they use to rank each player. Player's can Ranked Match other players, and kids are constantly fighting to be the best. There are even tiers in the rankings, so that kids can try to get enough points to get into higher tiers.

He also hosts amateur brackets, which new players love.

Viper's doing work.

Being there from the beginning and watching this movement start in a tiny room with a TV in the freshman dorms, to a movement with 90+ ranked players, its safe to say Viper has really made a scene happen here. Couldn't be happier to be a part of it.

O and Veggi. You my boy.

Luigisama

Smash Champion

POONR: Your G&W is pretty good, close matches. Too bad you didn't like my shirt.

SSGuy: You've gotten a lot better, keep at it.

Veggi: You got a lot better too, too bad we couldn't do Luigi vs. Mario.

Mink: Lets do Jigg vs. Luigi next time then.
hmm I see. Well keep repping Luigi.

Roller

Smash Legend
I do that stuff, but then they ask if I main him, and when I say no they demand I use characters I actually play (most of them) and then get demoralized. I suppose I could just tell them I main Zelda or something...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I do that stuff, but then they ask if I main him, and when I say no they demand I use characters I actually play (most of them) and then get demoralized. I suppose I could just tell them I main Zelda or something...
Stephen always plays his main against new people.

FGCU pretty much started as a group of 5 people who were mediocre at the game. He went and began to teach most of these new kids how to play this game competitively. Now that group of 5 people turned into 90+ ranked individuals.

You shouldn't just give up if you are still interested in making a scene. Teach them the competitive side. No worries if one is demoralized. You can't focus on getting all of them or else you get no one.

Roller

Smash Legend
His main is not Ice Climbers... There's a huge difference.

And I did have a 30 person mailing list at one point, but people get to preoccupied with their courseload at UofM... I don't mean to make myself sound helpless tho, I play with competitive players all the time, we just don't get 90 person locals. lol

Top Bottom