• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help! - Triple Bowser Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
How the heck can you beat three Bowsers on one team? I mean I've pretty much mastered all the basic techniques like wavedashing and teching, etc. But the thing is this... THEY ALL HAVE FIRE!!! No sooner after you knock one away does another Bowser come at you with fire! It's insane! I've tried everything I can think of to beat this insanely hard team, if anyone out there in melee land can help I would really appreciate it.

snex

Smash Master
i had this problem at first too, but then i realized that by pushing buttons and using the analog sticks on the controller, you can make your character do things such as run, jump, and attack. hopeully those techniques will help you out as they did wonders for me.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
are you sure snex? cause your marth still appears to be the worst thing my eyes have ever witnessed

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
C'mon snex, I know how to jump and attack, didnt know you could run though, I'll have to try that. And whoever wrote that third post, please don't get into any personnal arguements on my thread, as I am trying to find the best way to beat a triple bowser team, I don't want any unrelated topics on it.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
jigglypuff float in rest, fire cancels sleep.... repeat

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
listen to snex, believe me, his strat will work, try it

and if ya dont like that...you could always use someone such as falco/fox, the reflector ya know. falco hac juggle and combo suck big charecters without breaking a sweat, the bigger the charecter the easier he is to combo...so a char such as shiek (or falco <<< preferebly! :D ) can combo all three of them at once...something called "A button repeatedly" does wonders on these gargantuans....

or ness, his down b would work well on these guys.

just use someone you can combo easily with, like gannon, you can use >B close to a trillion times on bowser....

and i have a little tactic i use often called "shield grabbing" you shiel (and block the fire) then hit "A" (the green inverted triangle with the slash thru it) and you grab the comp! yay!

ummm...yeah, a comboer (esp[iecially falco shiek or gannon or everyone else) can keep using the taps (especially Tap ^A juggling moves) and the bowsers wont stand a chance...

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
Wow this stuff is great, all these crazy strategies. It seems like there could be hundreds of ways too defeat the horrific TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM. I can't wait to try these ingenious strategies.
BTW I found that you could knock the Bowsers off the edge and grab the edge before they get back, and they fall too their dooms! It's hilarious! It seems to work pretty well but I still just can't get them. Maybe with that combined with all these other strategies I can figure out the ULTIMATE DEFENSE AGAINST THE TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM! Keep the ideas coming!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OHH!!! I was assuming you knew how to edge hog, well, you figured it out, good job.

What's the point of fighting three bowsers? Why not three Marths or three Falcon's, or even worse, three Sheiks?

Anyways, against the bowser triplets, I would suggest using Falco, he's thin and fast, Bowser is slow and fat. I would also suggest using Falcon and his meteor smash or his knee. Both kick major ***. Aside from that you could put items on and then play IC to see what happens.

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
Whoa whoa, hold on a sec guys. This thread is about strategies for fighting the almighty TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM. Not the NOT AS ANNOYING TRIPLE SHIEK TEAM or the EASY TO KILL TRIPLE MARTH TEAM. I have no problem with those teams. This thread is about the Bowsers, and ways to get around their fire/ win against them. Please try to stay on topic in the future. Thanks.

Emacee

Smash Ace
This is sort of off topic but my friend and I played as a dual Bowser team in one match versus my other two friends who were a Shiek team. Team Bowser wins!!! One of us would use fire breath while the other layed down the hurt.:chuckle:

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Joshu
The real question is why hasn't this topic been closed yet...
Joshu, the reason this post hasn't been closed is because this is a serious discussion about how to defeat the malicious TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM. Defeating this team is a problem that every melee player has, so I decided to take the initiative and post the thread. I know that there are lots of rumors floating around about Bowser being the worst character and bottom tier, but we all know the truth. I was just the first one to post aything about it. Anyways, everyone ignore Joshu, and keep those ideas coming!

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
we...all...have...problemsf-fighting...the bowserx3....team?

*shudder*

really dude......I....nevermind.

as i said, use a really light charecter like falco who can dish out the combos and taps, and when the going flames get rough the reflector get shining? (my best attempt:D)

falco has the range, the laZZerrZ, the spd, thre at once would not be a problem, if it would make ya feel better I will fith 3 bowsers against myself as faclo tomorrow,as im getting ready for bed as soon as i get off the comp tonight -_-.

and the >B can plow thru all 3 at once.....and the tap ^A can juggle all three at once, even tap a repitably can keep them in place all t once...seriosly, i can hold 3 bowsers at once just with my A button....try it, not smashes as much as taps, as strenghth doesnt always do the most damage in the long run.;)

Remus Lightforce

Smash Rookie
I use Marth, short hop/slicing and air-cancelling to avoid some of the fire, but you're right, it is difficult. However, I didn't find it to be terribly hard, but maybe it's harder for other characters. I'm no Falco master, but I'd go with what everyone else is saying =p.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Has anyone given any thought to using Bowser himself? After all, why not fight fire with fire? Not only could you hold all three off at once with the fire, but you can also use Bowser's terrifying Spin of Death!! (There are two of them, both should work). Also, I found a technique that I like to call LAUNCH WHACK, and it goes like this. Use Bowser's DOOM CHOMPER (-> B), and after sufficiently chomping on the enemy, LAUNCH him into the air. Then, jump after him and use Bowser's AERIAL WHACK (-> A), and it sends him flying! This can be repeated many times, as Bowser's teeth are as sharp as the night.

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
Please, how can one bowser defeat three!?
If you really want to do fire vs fire, use Roy (BUT NOT MARTH!!!)
See, Roy is way better than Marth. Roy's UP B is not only stronger and cooler than marth's, but it sets the person you use it on ON FIRE!! THIRD DEGREE BURNS OUCHIES!!!!
Also, Roy's charge B is WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY stronger than Marth's, it can kill people 1000% of teh tiem!!! PLUS THERE'S AN EXPLOSION MORE BURNS FOR LOSAR BOWSERS!!!
but his best move is his down B, if bowser tries his fire YOU HIT HIM BACK WITH 10 TIMES MORE FIRE AND A BURNING GRAVE!!!
The only bad thing about Roy is that his sword is bigger than Marth, meaning he's obviously trying to compensate for something. It's alright though, because it gets MORE RANGE THAN BOWSER'S DEADLIEST OF DEADLY MOVES, the GUARANTEED HIT FORWARD SMASH!!!!
I think that should about cover it....oh, if you're ever losing but will do anyting to win, use your throws. It makes the Bowser spin around in the air so he's all dizzy and confused, it's cheap I know, but PLAY TO WIN!!!

BigDaddyFalcon

Smash Journeyman
This thread is freakin hilarious, whether it's supposed to be or not. Sorry don't mean to laugh AT any of you guys. Just with you.

Anyway, if you're talking about facing 3 comp bowsers. Another good strat may be to use Link and just stay in one place and wait till the big lugs creep close enough then WHAM up B him back where the beast came from. And then keep doing it over and over again because they're sure to come back for more. If that doesn't work than use Roy or Marth, which ever floats your boat, and then use the forward smash same as the Link strat mentioned above.

Personally, I like Ganon here. His Wiz foot is monstrous and covers so much range. Just do what you can to knock the big oafs off the stage with that and his air moves pack too much punch for the dragon here. You can even try to spike the bajeezus out of them when they are trying to get pack to the stage before they get that pesky Up B off.

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I never realized there would be so many techniques and strategies to defeating the ultimate TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM! From Falco's lasers to Roy's 1000% kill rate, ideas are flying in from all over the country (a whole <20 people around the country). I'm not so sure though about fighting Bowser's fire with Roy's fire. I mean seriously, how can roys tiny fire sword combat the incredulous TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM's TRIPLE FIRE BREATH? I just don't see how it's possible.
Oh well, I had an idea though, if you were Kirby, all you would have to do is suck him while you are falling over the edge of the level and spit him out underneath it. It's so funny to watch Bowser try to get up from it, he gets all spinny and dizzy and tries to live but it never works. Then all you have to do is repeat this process over and over until the infamous TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM runs out of tiny Bowser heads and loses. However, this is all theory and can't be backed up by any experimental data of any kind, so if anyone out there wants to try this out, feel free and post the results, I know I can't wait to hear if it works.

- Keep those ideas coming!

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
KEEP THE FIGHT ALIVE!

I have some more quetions for you all out there in melee land. So yeah I was fighting a double Bowser team the other day, trying to figure out some sort of strategy that would worka against the all powerful TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM, and I realized something that could pose a problem - Bowser is like two people. Just think about it, HE'S GIGANTIC! Any other character is half his size (excluding Donkey Kong, which might lead to a counter... hmm....) For example, one Bowser would be like two whole Sheiks! It's insane? How do you get around two people! And the malicious TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM is like six people!!!! There is no possible way! The only way I can think of that might give you a slight chance would be to be the Ice Climbers, at least it would be two on six. If anyone can figure out how to get around the six TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM, give me a reply!

Emacee

Smash Ace
Joshu, fire is a just an effect that animates concurrently with the stun effect.

Barogrei

Smash Apprentice
I fear this topic would bring up quite a few queries on my part. As trepidating as this Triple Bowser Threat you may believe it to be, I must inquire as to why you aspire to conquer a three bowser team. I do not believe that this feet would win you any money at a tournament, or any other rencontre concerning the game. It would seem that many have accomplished the feet with several characters, and I think that your nescience of the game mechanics is most conspicuous. But if in truth, you seek to best these great behemoths, you cannot accept us to satiate your appetite for the sacred knowledge of how to conquer three of them without the knowledge of whom the Bowsers three would be manipulated by, and whether or not team attack would be on. In truth, the repugnant monstrosity cannot even abide the presence of its fellow Bowsers and very little effort would be needed to rile reckless insubordination. In that case, it would be Pikachu's incessant shield cancelled taunts that would unequivocally do him in. For soon after that, the lecherous fiends will partake in rancorous massacre. And so abecedarian for you, it should be, to elude their incestrous frenzy of abhorrence.

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Emacee
Joshu, fire is a just an effect that animates concurrently with the stun effect.
Yah taht explaenz Y hsi swoord duz SO MUHC MROE DAMUAGE TAHN MARTHA (I aded teh A Bcuz he looosk liek TEH WOMAN LOL!1) 's
I meen com on ti's fIRE!1 ti hutrs moare tahn marhtAs' DOLLFIN (pansay fihs lol) SLASHES (teh moev taht's up adn B at teh SAEM TIEM nto seperatly miend yuo)
hm fier upporcuts ORE dollfin slashes? HRAD CHOIZ!!!

CORY

wut
BRoomer
omg! even teh emens powr of cpug is no math 4 the trpl bowsr tem! how cn u evn tnk of bing able 2 beet them? THEY R 1337!!!1

paperboy

Smash Ace
haven't seen a joke topic in a long time

BEHOLD MY NEW SIG!!11 Kish, this is a nice joke. We haven't seen a joke topic in a long time. Thank you for bringing back humor to the MD. *Hands Kish a cookie*

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
Truely this is the greatest of all challenges. I found its just best to use your main character. I tried Marth but i just didnt work:confused:. however, my Luigi could handle the bowsers well. Except when they spat fire. So just use air combat the bowsers dont like that.

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
Ok, does anyone REALLY know how to beat the omnipotent TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM, because after all these ideas, I am just plain confused. It seems like so many people have 10s, maybe 100s of ideas and nobody is putting 1 and 1 together and getting 2, they are only using their NOT SO GOOD math skills to add 1 and 1 together to get 45,456,464,533 which doesnt help us with the problem at hand. Actually I think I just confused myself with this post, I had an idea, but it came out like this. :p

Oh well, someone put up something interesting.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Actually, Joshu, I've heard rumors that Giga Bowser is not only unlockable, but also UNBEATASTOPPABLE!! They say his fire is THREE TIMES as hot as Bowser's puny fire! But to unlock him, you gotta do something the likes of which I do not know. Also, metal characters might also be unlockable, but it wouldn't help this topic since Bowser's fire would just MELT THEM FAST.

I also got an idea as to how to beat them, but before I ask it, does anyone know if it's possible to perform a TRIPLE WAVEDASH OF DOOM? (With Bowser of course)

paperboy

Smash Ace
0f crse G1gA b0wz3r is unl0ckab13. j00 thought h3 wasnt ROTFLMFAOWDGT!!!!! All j00 hav3 2 do is beat 3ndl33zz melee!!1 But th3r3zz a ctch. j00 hve 2 do it w/ s0n1c nd tA11lzzz!!!1 j00 wnt 2 kn0w hw 2 dooo dat!!!! W33ll, j00 cAnt f1nd 00t!!!!111ROTFLMAOWDTAECOASAWSBSP!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 H3 is t3h r00xxXXx000rrrRRRrrrrrzzzzZZZZzz j00rr bbBBb000o0oxxxXXX0o000rrrrRRRzzzZZZ!!!!!!!11111 w00000000000000000000ttTTtt3g333!111111!!!!!11

(anyone who can decipher that gets a cookie :D )

Edit: *Gives tails the fox a cookie* However, the "random letters" weren't really random. I'll tell ya what they meant.

1st set: Rotflmfao while drinking green tea

2nd set: rotflmfao while drinking tea and eating crumpets on a saturday afternoon watching spongebob squarepants

Tails the Fox

Smash Ace
Of course Giga bowser is unlockable. you thought he wasnt Rolling on the Floor lauging my ****ing *** off(random letters).All you have to do is endlessly melee! But there is a catch. You have to do it with sonic and tails. you want toknow how to do that, you cant! Rolling on the Floor lauging my ****ing *** off(random letters).Rockors your boxers. WOOT!!!!

WHERES MY COOKIE!!

EDIT: Im regretting that i did that.

Wuhubettur

Smash Apprentice
giga bowser is actually weaker than bowser, so he won't help you out here. maybe master hand, but i could never get him to use his moves.

KishCubed

Smash Apprentice
Well, I want to sound smart this post so I think I'll add in a few big words nobody understands (Like Barogrei's whole post).

Wow, Giga Bowser. I don't even want to contemplate about an "unbeatastoppable" TRIPLE GIGA BOWSER DEATH TEAM OF PAIN AND DEATH AND FIRE. The ramifications of which gives me chills, even just thinking about such an obscurity. However, If altercations provided grounds such that you could use Giga Bowser concurrently with his supremely ... uh... hot... plasma, you could not only fuse any metal, you could also, I believe, mutilate the immutable TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM quite efficiently.

Well that's about all the smart words I know, not sure if I used any of them in the right places though. But I digress...

I do have to mention though that this thread has been dangerously close to becoming "off-topic". So as you respond with ways to defeat the not-so-malleable TRIPLE BOWSER TEAM, please try to stay on the subject. Thanks

- Cube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom