• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly II ft. Dart, Darkatma, Jace, etc.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Tournament Thread
Payout stuff
Working on Vids

Melee Doubles

1: Jace & Strong Bad (Jace & Strong Bad) ($56.00)
2: Darkatma & Brawlpro (Darkatma & Brawlpro) ($16.00)
3: DO IT NOW GOHAN!!! (Dart! & Daniel the Seraph) ($8.00)
4: Oreo (King Siegfried & Cookiemonsta)
5: Pyroty & Zantetsu (Pyroty & Zantetsu)
5: Tim & Fred (Tim & Fred)
7: Tender to the Touch (Wretched & Terrence)
7: MJG & EnSiS (MJG & Saffy)

Bracket Image

Melee Singles

1: Dart! ($50.00) :marthmelee:
2: Darkatma ($25.00) :sheikmelee::peachmelee:
3: Jace ($10.00) :falconmelee:
4: Cookiemonsta ($5.00) :foxmelee::falcomelee::falconmelee:
5: Zantetsu :foxmelee:
5: Strong Bad :dkmelee:
7: Big E :sheikmelee:
7: Brawlpro :foxmelee:
9: Pyroty :foxmelee:
9: Terrence :sheikmelee:
9: Daniel the Seraph :ganonmelee:
9: King Siegfried :peachmelee:
13: Fred :sheikmelee:
13: Saffy :linkmelee:
13: Tim :marthmelee:
13: Triple J :peachmelee:
17: Quote ?

Bracket Image

Brawl Doubles

1: MJG & EnSiS (MJG & Saffy) ($30.00)
2: HUGE **** (Triple J & Strong Bad) ($15.00)
3: Big E & Terrence (Big E & Terrence) ($5.00)

don't really care about the bracket lol

Brawl Singles

1: MJG ($65.00) :metaknight::toonlink:
2: Saffy ($25.00) :zerosuitsamus::dk2:
3: Triple J ($10.00) :diddy::snake:
4: Quote :marth::bowser2:
5: Strong Bad :pikachu2:
5: Terrence :gw::falco:

Bracket Image

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I loved this tournament. I'll do shout outs later. GG's everybody :)

Strong Bad, will our set be uploaded? I would at least like to have the videos for myself.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
What?? Why is it that when I get fourth, Strong Bad says there's no payout for fourth...but Karl gets his entry fee back?? No love for Ziv :(

Good job to Dart for holding it down with such a Scrubby character. Also Springfield too good.

:phone:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Shout outs to Quote for 17th place in a 16 man bracket.

DeLux

Shout outs to Terrence for getting 7th in a 5 man bracket

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Strong Bad, will our set be uploaded? I would at least like to have the videos for myself.
It'll be uploaded. I'm extremely disappointed with how I played in that set, but good **** regardless; you played well. I feel like I definitely would have earned 4th place if it weren't for that, and I would have been able to play Dart in tournament which I've wanted to do since Pound 5. We played friendlies for like 5 hrs after everyone else left so it's fine tho I guess.
also about Terrence: I forgot to add him to the bracket until after Saffy & I had already done our set... so i had to put him on the other side. he really got 5th tho LOL
Shout outs to Quote for 17th place in a 16 man bracket.
We did Pools for seeding & to eliminate 1 person cuz 32-man bracket w/ 17 people is stupid. Quote was just the unfortunate last seed that was in the 5-man pool. :/

Real shoutouts some other time.

DeLux

Oh, now I feel like a real ahole

Shout outs to me for being a real *******

Saffy

Smash Ace
Siegfried how the hell did you get 9th ...
You are Amazing with peach! Those Nair combo's.... Or are people just that good ? Yeah see this is why I would never pick up Melee. I'm so far back behind in skill and play like a noob.

EDIT: Also I don't think many ppl showed up because of the less than 2 weeks notice.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yay I've been wanting to see Jace v Atma for a long time. They met up in bracket twice, so those matches better have been recorded!!!

Happy birthday Dart!

Saffy

Smash Ace
I actually made $40 but like I said I gave Triple J the $25, and I took the $10 which I gave to MJG for taking his time to drive out here. I actually went home with like $5 in my wallet lol.

Terry

Smash Ace
It was me!!! I beat Siegfried! Bwahahaha. And I'm proud of it. Shoutouts later!!! <333

Jace08

Smash Lord
oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

pretty disappointed in myself and letting everyone down. But I'll bounce back! And I had a ton of fun

shoutouts to atma for capitalizing on the biggest stupidest mistake I've ever made lol and adapting harder than anyone's ever adapted to me before. You played mad smart and deserved the wins

rest of the shoutouts later

As well as Jace and Strongbad for holding it down in teams.
thanks man

oh and yeah ziv I money matched dart at the end, fairly good matches. Strong Bad recorded a lot

Saffy

Smash Ace
Shout-outs:

Strong Bad : Nice to see ya! We need to hang out sometime lol. ggs in Brawl though. I wasn't playing my best so I'm sorry. I was pretty worn down from not eating the whole day and with little sleep D:. GJ with melee ... You are getting too good with DK.. givin them the ****.

MJG: :D Thank you so much for coming down! I really appreciate it. I had a great time meeting you and hanging out with you. I hope you can come down again sometime! ughh you are so good at this game LOL... BUT.... Get ***** in random singles <3 and our Melee team is too good.

Terry: Nice to see you :3 Glad you are more outgoing now! GET ***** BY MY GANON HO. Also gj in Melee you keep getting better every time I see you play :D We should hang out sometime.

Quote: Very nice meeting you, and nice bowser xD. I wish I could of played you more and I hope to see you come down again possibly. I hope next tournament has a way better brawl turn-out. I think we just need better advertising :/.

JJJ: You are a funny guy and nice Diddy ;3. Next time we should play more singles.

Big E: :D Nice to see you again, Hope we can hang out sometime soon. I'll teach you how to be pro in brawl.

King Siegfried: dsahjkdhaskjdhkas you are amazing at Melee that peach literally ***** me. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a fight... Game is sort of hard to play when coming from brawl. :D Hope to see you again next time.

Daniel the Seraph: That bandanna.... xD

Zantetsu: Nice to see you again! ;o gj on 5th.. I can imagine how tough it is to make it that far.

Cookiemonsta: Nice to see you again but you should do more back-flips. Your fox is insane keep it up :D

Jace: Thanks for coming down from Kansas we all really appreciate it! And great job in Melee and grats on the win in doubles!

Very fun tournament just wish more brawl people came but maybe next time :). See you all next month hopefully.
Tournament DOES need better advertising though, Scheduling tournaments like 10 days before the event isn't enough time for people to make plans to attend.
I will offer $100 maybe next time for brawl... just depends on who would be coming.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Adam. Please don't post me getting ***** by Jace for 3rd place. Falcon is soo broken; I swar he is :c

Oh yea. There will be no Rolla tourney next month. Its way to close to Christmas break and a lot of people wont make it.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Hey strongbad, how come the payout for doubles is 70/20/10, whereas the payout for singles is 60/30/10?

Does it have something to do with you winning doubles? I was wondering how me and bpro could've just barely made money back after getting 2nd

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
I just wanna say shoutouts to Pyroty for the most fun friendlies in I've ever had in a tourney!

And Zant, how the hell do you keep getting 5th place?! I need to take your curse with me to Apex :awesome:

Saffy

Smash Ace
Hey strongbad, how come the payout for doubles is 70/20/10, whereas the payout for singles is 60/30/10?

Does it have something to do with you winning doubles? I was wondering how me and bpro could've just barely made money back after getting 2nd
Adam tryina make that money like m2k.
I think he did that with brawl too xD
Doubles was 60/30/10 (where as he got 2nd)
and singles was 70/20/10 (actually this adds up to 65/25/10 (where as he got no money)

Also $10 IS missing from the brawl payout for singles... I put $80 in + 6 entrants at $5 each = $30 = $110 dollars. There should of been a total of $110 meaning MJG should of gotten 77, I should of gotten 22, and JJJ should of got $11 if you used the 70/20/10. 60/30/10 would of been 66 / 33 / 11.

65/25/10 is a weird payout for even $100. Idk but I have never seen it split like that in the tournaments I have been too. Maybe I just don't know.
Even at that rate MJG still should of gotten 71.50, I should of gotten 27.50, and JJJ should of gotten $11.

DeLux

If there's been an accounting error, Strong Bad would have done it unintentionally.

I remember a specific incident where there was an accounting error at one of my tournaments, and he went out of pocket to cover the difference until the money got sorted out.

He is a man with honor of the highest order, and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Saffy

Smash Ace
You are talking about a guy who is REALLY smart with numbers ... but people do make mistakes. Not accusing you of anything Adam, Just letting you know.
But it's kind of odd why the payouts are put according to how he placed in the events. Brawl having the the opposite of Melee's payouts D:

DeLux

If he was using TIO to calculate payouts, the option to using 60/30/10 is not the default setting and he may have simply forgot to switch it from the default to a custom setting.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

It looks like I forgot to change the payout in TIO from the default (70/20/10) to standard (60/30/10)... I owe you. Do you have Paypal? If not the next time I see you I'll give you $10 or maybe a bit more to make up for it. I'm really sorry. TOing is a difficult task...

Saffy: The Brawl payouts were retardedly confusing because of an entry fee + a bonus pot. I was also stupidly tired after playing so many tournament sets in both Brawl & Melee. [/johns] I really should have done some math on paper or something, because I was so confused while I was doing this.
Sometime today I'll recalculate and I'll pay back anyone that had payouts that came up short, & people who got more than they should have can keep it, since it's my bad. Does that sound alright to everyone? I'm really sorry this happened and I assure you it wasn't intentional. I feel really bad about this :(

Saffy

Smash Ace
I don't really mind honestly I just wanted to let you know the calculations were wrong. =]
I gave my money to JJJ and the $10 to MJG so .. yeah lol.

King Siegfried

Smash Apprentice
Siegfried how the hell did you get 9th ...
You are Amazing with peach! Those Nair combo's.... Or are people just that good ? Yeah see this is why I would never pick up Melee. I'm so far back behind in skill and play like a noob.
I got 9th because I played well, but I also played incorrectly. I'm bad against the Sheik matchup right now, and Terrence plays pretty smart.

I lost to Strongbad's DK for the same reason. I just kept running into the same ****, and didn't adapt; Strongbad's DK is ****ing fantastic as well.

It's not enough to have tech skill, one has to play smart as well, especially as Peach.

Also, you should pick up melee, I saw potential when we fought. With dedication, and the right attitude you could be at the level of tournament competency in just a few months. Stop downplaying your skill.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Lol that's cool, you can just pay for my meal next time I see you at a tourney

Shoutouts:

Saffy: I see you at tournies but never talk to you, but judging from your posts and comments and stuff, you seem to be a big hearted person. Especially since you always contribute to the tourney pot and bake stuff for peoples. So yeah you're awesome, even though I don't know you lolll

Strongbad: DK is weird loll, almost dropped 2 matches to you in that seriously we had. GJ running the tourney.. it could've been more efficient but whatevers.

Josh: I pretty much expected you to win after you completely outplayed me in our friendlies. You're pretty good now, not gonna lie. Almost makes me wanna practice so I don't lose so badly next time :p

Jace: lolololol choke master, you never finish your sexy combos! You're so good haha, and I'm deathly afraid of falcon

Karl: keep improving, and don't choke to a zelda at 181% next time please

Brandon: sorry i didn't get games with you. peach vs sheik is difficult and needs to be played differently from other matchups

Springfield: awesome of you guys to come! Thanks for making it out here, and nice to see all of you

CoMo: you guys only suck because you didn't come =[ I was looking forward to seeing how much better you guys are now

Bpro: choke master extraordinare lol. Chose the worst time to SD against strongbad. Sorry about teams, i definitely should've gone fox for the 2nd set

Fred: thanks for driving! Sorry for falling asleep in the car, I usually don't because it's unfair for the driver to be the only one awake. I hope this experience wasn't a deterrent to your improvement, but rather gives you direction on how to get better

Tim: same to you, hope you improve off of this experience, and don't worry, everyone gets last at their first tourney, unless they're prodigies and meant for greatness

Myself: luls SDs for the noobs. I was so sure if i had taken that game 3 I could've pulled a comeback. Lots of tunnel vision and mistakes that I was very consciously aware of, but did them anyways. Time to get better!

Final shoutouts to my suitemate next door, who is being really annoying right now and laughing in a low herpderp voice and saying random nonsensical things.

Terry

Smash Ace
I owe somebody 5 dollars. I realized I didn't pay for brawl singles. Sorry! >_<

And what the heck, I thought my brawl team would have at least broke even. :(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
TERRENCE I ****ING KNEW IT YOU *******
What?? Why is it that when I get fourth, Strong Bad says there's no payout for fourth...but Karl gets his entry fee back?? No love for Ziv :(
Oh... yeah there definitely is some inconsistency there. Next time I see you remind me and I'll give you $5 if you want. I didn't mean for that to happen XD
[collapse=Payout stuff]
Before I begin, I'm going to point out that the following is most likely riddled with johns in most people's opinions. I'd just like to make it clear that any accounting error I made that resulted in some people not getting paid as much as they should have I'm more than willing to pay back out of my own pocket to make things right. People that were overpaid I'm fine with them just keeping it since it was my fault.
I don't host tourneys here at my college to try to make money off of them; I do it because I love Melee & I love all of you guys.

Melee Payouts
Singles
$85 pot
60/30/10 with a bit of rounding because **** giving winners quarters as prize $ makes:
1st: $50.00
2nd: $25.00
3rd: $10.00
4th: I give Karl $5.00 out of my own pocket cuz I felt this tourney had a sizable enough skill pool to warrant money back. Ziv: read the part after this bit of info.

No accounting/Tio/Strong Bad errors here, miraculously.

Doubles
$80 pot
60/30/10 makes
1st: $48.00
2nd: $24.00
3rd: $8.00

1st was +$8.00 from what should have been paid out and 2nd was -$8.00. Jace can keep his extra $4.00 & I'll pay back Atma at some point for this goof up.

Brawl Payouts
Singles
$30 pot + $80 from Saffy = $110
60/30/10 makes
1st: $66.00
2nd: $33.00
3rd: $11.00

Side note: Aside from the usual "Strong Bad is ****ing tired and can't think" issue, I also managed to not click that Terrence had paid his entry fee (...WHICH HE DIDN'T) in Tio (likely because he signed up really late compared to everyone else). This led me to believe that the singles pot was $25 + $80 = $105, which messed up my thinking even further. :/ Fail.
another thing worth noting is that the bracket had already started and Saffy & I had already played our set by the time he was added, so I had to put him over on the other side of the bracket to not be unfair to Saffy. In reality, MJG & Saffy should have had byes and the other players should have played each other in some combination round 1, but yeah. :\ NEXT TIME THO

Doubles
$30 pot + $20 from Saffy = $50
60/30/10 makes
1st: $30.00
2nd: $15.00
3rd: $5.00

No accounting/Tio/Strong Bad errors here, surprisingly enough.[/collapse]

& here is where I apologize and say it's all my fault again because I'm silly like that.

Dart!

Smash Master
Shoutouts when i get home, for now
Thanks for hosting strong bizzle and karl for being extra kool and housing us.
Ciao!

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace

Good job to Dart for holding it down with such a Scrubby character. Also Springfield too good.

:phone:
I think from now on, if there's 15 people or more, the prices should spread out slightly more depending on the amount. Also, not trying to hate, but I think 1st place getting 70% is way too much in general, especially when 2nd place gets only like 20% in that situation.
Suggestion: 50/25/15/7 and the last 3% can go to Zant.

DeLux

Generally speaking, it's fairly common practice at locals to pay out to top 3 where third place makes their money back.

If 60/30/10 doesn't cover money back for third place, then you only pay out to top 2 in 65/35

The lowest pay out should be "breaking even" and then you work your way up from there.

Top Bottom