• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGCU Nub Academy 10: Sophomore Slump ~ALL VIDS UP!!!~

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Nub Academy 10: Sophomore Slump

11/11/11
FGCU Florida
16 Entrants
$85.00 Pot

RESULTS:

Pool 1

1. Dax :lucario: (3-0)
2. BD Joe :pikachu2: (2-1)
3. Jose :link2: (1-2)
4. Ebi :pit: (0-3)
Pool: http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/tmmitche/ScrubAcademy2Pool1.png

Pool 2

1. Rakdor :wolf: (3-0)
2. PoonR :gw: (2-1)
3. Matk :falco: (1-2)
4. Snope :wolf: (0-3)

Pool: http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/tmmitche/ScrubAcademy2Pool2-1.png

Pool 3

1. Nova :marth: (3-0)
2. Juan :ness2: /:dedede: (2-1)
3. Mazda :rob: (1-2)
4. Green :pt: (0-3)

Pool: http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/tmmitche/ScrubAcademy2Pool3.png

Pool 4

1. BG :diddy: (2-1)
1. AvatarYang :yoshi2: (2-1)
1. Sammy :zelda: / :pit: (2-1)
4. Dab :luigi2: (0-3)
Pool: http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd484/tmmitche/ScrubAcademy2Pool4.png

*Top 3 played a one game round robin with each other with BG advancing as the top seed and AvatarYang advancing as the second seed.*

Top 2 go into a Pro pool while the rest go on to Amateur bracket

Pro Results

1. BD Joe :pikachu2: ($50.00)
2. BG :diddy: ($25.00)
3. Dax :lucario: ($10.00)
4. Rakdor :wolf:
5. PoonR :metaknight: / :gw:
6. Nova :marth:
7. Juan :ness2: / :dedede:
8. AvatarYang :yoshi2:

Pro Pool

Amatuer Results

1. Green :pt:
2. Sammy :zelda: / :pit: / :pikachu2:
3. Snope :wolf:
4. Ebi :pit:
5. Mazda :rob:
5. Matk :falco:
7. Dab :luigi2:
7. Jose :link2:

Amatuer Bracket

Video Section​

*This event was used as a fundraiser to help raise money for FGCU's up coming APEX trip.

Maximum Daximum

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts!

BD Joe: Our first set was way too hype, lol. The matches were close, but the better player definitely won.

Jose: Wow man, you really got screwed when you picked your characters, but I definitely respect you for sticking with them for so long. I bet if you play someone else you'll go into shock at how much better you'll be. Just look at a tier list next time.

Ebi: Better luck next time, you should probably watch XSV next time he plays, his Pit is really good.

Rakdor: Jesus Christ man, I have NO idea what to do against wolf, and yours definitely gave me some trouble. If I didn't already worship Frigate Orpheon, I'd have definitely started after the way it saved me in our match.

PoonR: You didn't have a great day, but it happens to everyone. You just gotta trounce in the next tournament.

MatK: I don't think I know you? Maybe I don't recognize your tag name, correct me next time you see me.

Snope: Didn't get to play you, but I'm actually kinda glad I didn't have to fight two wolfs in one tournament. Hopefully I'll know what I'm doing when we play.

Nova: ALWAYS good to play you man. I know it was like midnight or something when we finally played, but our matches were still really fun, even if we were too tired to express our enthusiasm.

Juan: It's really cool having a doubles partner who can also be relied on to give a great match every time we play. I'm gonna have nightmares about the end of our second match, and our third was super derp, but whatever, we had fun. I feel like next time we play you'll be really good at Dedede and you'll crush me, so i look forward to that.

Mazda: I didn't get to play you, but I'm glad you showed up man.

Green: Dude, you gotta reduce your salt intake. I'm sure you'll get that rematch with Sammy sooner or later.

BG: Damn, did you put me in my place. I think I'm going to get our first match critiqued, because even though I lost the set I still think I played really well. I should've known better than to go to Rainbow Cruise for the third match though.

AvatarYang: I guess you had a pretty bad night, but that doesn't matter because you're the best Yoshi in this school, and Yoshi's an unstoppable killing machine.

Sammy: I REALLY wish you hadn't picked Pikachu in the final match against Green, but I guess if it was more fun for you then it was a decent tradeoff.

Dab: I played some friendlies with you while you were pretty discouraged about some of your matches. Don't worry, there's no faster way to getting better than losing to someone better than you, so think of every loss as a step forward, not a step back.

On a side note, winning a prize for the first time was really cool, and I hope we do Pro Pools more often. Was definitely one of our most enjoyable tournaments.

Top Bottom