• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RoM4 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master

Day 2

SINGLES BRACKET! (but difficult to read)

Notable match-ups:

Mango vs Over in 16ths
PP vs M2K in Quarters

TEAMS BRACKET!

NOTE: I'm not 100% on some Losers' Bracket matches.

DJ Talent is TheLake lol

Day 1

My apologies for being absent for the first half of today, but I'll be here for the rest of RoM4.

First off: LIVESTREAM!: http://www.twitch.tv/vvv_chibosempai

A 4G is being used, and the quality is pretty nice, so give thanks to Chibo, PB&J and Alex Strife!

Also, results thus far:

T Webb defeated Azen 2-0
Niko defeated Chillin 2-?
Over destroyed everyone in his pool (Spife, MooseEatsBear, BenSTEEZY, Blueberrysomething, Mogwai)
Tope defeated DoH 2-0
Hax defeated Vudujin 2-0
DoH defeated Nando 2-1
DoH defeated TheLake 2-0
OTG 2-0'd his Pool
HBK 2-0'd his Pool

Mango claims he's going Marth. Mattdotzeb is going Mario.

1st/2nd Seeds respectively (top 4 make it out) (partial results):

Kage, KevinM
OTG, Redd
OverTriforce, Mogwai
DJ Nintendo, Yedi
Chillin, Thorn
Cactuar, Solar
Mango, Swiftbass
PP, Pakman
HBK, Velocity
Jman, Palpi, Lefty, PB&J
Tec0, Phish-it
Tope, DoH
G$, Mafia

Overtriforce and PB&J are teaming.

Pre-RoM

Once again, I'm making this thread to keep updated as the tournament progresses for all of those at home watching. If you have any contact with what's happening or know something that we don't, please feel free to post so we can all know. If you're not totally sure, make sure you mention that so this doesn't turn into a mess.

Revival of Melee is back for it's 4th installment and is as stacked as always! There are all the top EC players, many of which have improved a lot such as Stric9 and Niko, and all the RoM regulars including Kage, Mango, Mew2King and more.

Here's a list of some of the top players going and others traveling from far. There are many more coming too:

Azen, Cactuar, Chillin, CrimsonBlur, Cyrain, Darrell, DoH, Dr.PP, Eggm, Hax, HBK, Jman, Kage, KDJ?, Lovage?, MacD?, Mango, Mew2King, Niko, OTG, Overtriforce, PC Chris (day 1 only), Sidefx, Swiftbass, Tec0, TheLake, Tope

And to answer some questions people may ask, the following players are not attending:

Anyone outside of North America except Overtriforce (Spain), HMW, Hungrybox, KirbyKaze, Lucky?, Raynex, Unknown, Vanz, Weon-X

There are still a few Canadians attending however, as Kage is traveling from Montreal with FaTuik and Pikalex.

Other important notes:
-Wobbling is legal
-Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are banned in Singles
-RoM4 is a part of The Road to Apex

If you need to get some hype, I made a trailer for RoM4!

The schedule is Pools day 1 and Bracket day 2. There may also be Crews on day 1(?).

Most of the hype for this tournament is seeing Mango try his best against Dr.PP in what might be the greatest Falco ditto in history, and quite possibly one of the most exciting sets. However, Dr.PP mentioned that Mango might be backing out of trying his best now, so we'll see what happens. Don't forget that there are so many other players that want to win this, so Dr.PP vs Mango may not even happen. RoM4 has always been full of upsets! ;D

Also for those attending that read this, you may be interested in this if you like losing at Catan.

And for those at home, PB&J, Chibo and others are going to try their best to setup a livestream. There is no internet at the venue, but they're going to do what they can and perhaps try to tether PB&J's phone, so if we do get a livestream, be sure to thank them! I'll update on what they can do here later.

Is RoM4 going to be the battle before the showdown with Armada at Apex? We'll have to see! :D

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Overtriforce is going to raaaaaaaaaaaaaape! That Pound 5 junk was disappointing, but he and Strawhat were retired before that. Overtriforce has been practicing this time! :D

Armada

Smash Lord
So Over is for sure going?

Im so happy if that is true. I haven´t played against Over sience Pound but he took a set from Amsah this summer and nearly took that tournament. All the matches was Sheik dittos btw :p

So if Over still is in shape I REALLY wanna see some matches from him

Icy: Good job to keep doing this threads cause they are amazing =)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Overtriforce at a RoM? Damn. Kinda hyped about this.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Thanks Armada! :D

And that's a very good point, Overtriforce defeated Amsah recently, though he didn't win the tournament.

Edit: I might be wrong on the scores, so I edited them out.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
No Wobbles or Fly. The top ICs going are Nintendude and PEEF (edit: lol). I don't know about Chudat though.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Most of the hype for this tournament is seeing Mango try his best against Dr.PP in what might be the greatest Falco ditto in history, and quite possibly one of the most exciting sets. However, ... (johns)​

Anyone want to put a bet on Mango - PP ? I got $5 on Mango.

Hoping it'll be a :foxmelee: - :falcomelee: set.​

Beat!

Smash Master
^Don't get your hopes up too much. Like icy said, the latest news seem to be that Mango isn't going tryhard at this anymore.

Would be awesome if he did, though.

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
I like to See m2k vs over rematch :D

And of course pee pee s Falco ****** it up

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is New York we're talking about. Hardest tournaments in the world >_> He will definitely make it out of pools fine. Top 16 I'll give him that :).

Doser

Smash Ace
If you've got:

Dr. PP, Jman, Mango, M2k, Tope, Hax, Lovage, Eggm, Overtriforce etc. all going to the same tournament, no one is guaranteed top 5.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Here's a list of some of the top players going and others traveling from far. There are many more coming too:

Azen, Cactuar, Chillin, CrimsonBlur, Cyrain, Darrell, DoH, Dr.PP, Eggm, Hax, HBK, Jman, Kage, KDJ?, Lovage?, MacD?, Mango, Mew2King, Niko, Nintendude, OTG, Overlord, Overtriforce, PC Chris (day 1 only), Sidefx, Swiftbass, Tec0, TheLake?, Tope
It's cool that you are putting me in the category of "top players," but unfortunately I'm not attending:(

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Haha, that's too bad. I guess Wobbling is legal for nothing, lol.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
He has a playstyle like no other Sheik; he's so amazing! <3

But yeah, Amsah did win that tournament, even if it was just barely.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It's not looking too good on getting a stream, but that's the :link: if there is one.

I'll still keep this updated with whatever we can find out. I'll be a bit behind today though, as I'm going to a tournament, but I'll be here alllllll day tomorrow. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom