• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pinkie Pie Productions! Melee in Dallas Fort Worth

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Pinkie Pie Productions is back and in a NEW VENUE!!!

When: starts 12PM Saturday, September 22nd

Where: Area 51
201 N. Barton Street
Grapevine, TX 76051
What: Melee Singles and Doubles, Brawl, and side events Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Persona 4 Arena
Denti is running Brawl: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326928

My cell: 817-901-8230
Sethlon’s cell: 832-482-5588

Schedule:
12:00PM Doubles registration and friendlies
1:00PM Doubles start
3:30PM Singles registration
4:00PM Singles Start

Setups: Bring them. Free entry with setup.

Entry Fee:
Venue $5 (free if you bring a setup or if this is your first time at one of my events)
Singles: $10
Doubles: $5 per person
Marvel: $5
Persona 4: $5

Payout:
1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Ruleset:

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal.
5. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
6. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.
7. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
8. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
9. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by:
o Whoever has more remaining stock left.
o If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
o If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
10. Sets will be best out of 3 games.

Addendum for Doubles

1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by whichever team has more remaining stock.
4. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

Character/Stage Selection Process
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

Singles Stage List
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Battlefield

Singles Counterpick Stages
Pokemon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise

Doubles Stage List
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Yoshi's Story
Dreamland 64
Battlefield

Doubles Counterpick stages
Kongo Jungle 64
Rainbow Cruise

Other Rules

1. The TO is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload to the internet.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Results from the last Pinkie Pie are up. Please stay tuned for a new date

Updates

Previous Pinkie Pie Results

9/22/12 Pinkie Pie 5 Results here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14907063#post14907063
6/23/12 Pinkie Pie 4 Results here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14613016#post14613016
4/7/12 Pinkie Pie 3 Results here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14308524#post14308524
1/21/12 Pinkie Pie 2 Results here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13968902#post13968902
Videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Sethlon?feature=mhee
12/10/11 Pinkie Pie Results here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13785490#post13785490

MT_

Smash Ace
Awesome stuff. Will see if I can work around my finals schedule to attend this.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Finals johns
Psh, who needs school anyway! The point of the weekend is to take a break from school, **** that ****.

SUNG475 said:
Just know that B91 will take first.
LOLOLOLOLOL. He'll need to stop SDing 5x per game to do that ><

Bic said:
Yeah we can come down from North TX, bringing about 4 people. Should be cool.
Awesome! Good to see Texas coming together. See you there!

Laser_Kirby_007 said:
Count me in. I might not make it to double though, and even if I make it I have no team. But yeah, count me in for singles
Excellent! No worries on doubles - you should come anyway, there's always tons of people without teammates so it shouldn't be to hard to find one :)

MT_

Smash Ace
Turns out I'm not gonna be able to make this =(. Good luck to everyone attending!

Maestro Snake

Smash Rookie
Hi Pinkie, I just joined smashboards but have been playing super smash bros for a really long time. I was wondering if it's ever gonna be Brawl, or will it always be Melee only.

Thanks

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman

Maestro Snake

Smash Rookie
Thanks Pinkie, I've been wanting to test my skills against other intense players in tournaments, there are few people that I know other than family that really play Super Smash bros. Anyways, thanks for sending me that link, that'll help a lot =)

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
Welp, finals have been much more intense than I thought they would be so it looks like I won't be able to attend anymore. It's looking like Sybawave will be the only Houston representation unfortunately.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Oops, unplanned wedding occurring tomorrow...haha just kidding. Tourney is on in full swing tomorrow! See you guys there!!!!

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Wooo can't wait to play everyone in tourney again! I've been seeing players getting better and better - looks like we all have to kick it up a notch :)

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I've been going to the threads for every Melee tournament taking place during SWAGG2 and basically unloading excrement at them because SWAGG2 is going to be so much better than they're little piece of **** tournies.

Except this one.

Emily is gonna throw a beastly Pinkie Pie Productions and I, for one, welcome the competition in seeing who can throw a better smashfest on January 21st, 2011.

Though, because we're totally fighting over the same player pool, if anyone goes to this instead of SWAGG2 I'mma cut them.

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Oh Hab, you are too habulous. You know I'd be at SWAGG if I was back in tri-state, and thanks for not ****ting on my thread :). Banners would be cool! As long as they're pony themed though, Pinkie Pie ****ing rocks *****es.

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a recording device they could bring? Maybe we could get some commentary also.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I have a recording device that I'll be bringing. Its an input splitter though, no way to get outside audio into it.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I have a recording device that I'll be bringing. Its an input splitter though, no way to get outside audio into it.
Yeah, sucks :(

If you record the outside audio on a separate device you can probably merge the video and the audio later. Though, that's probably more tedious than you want. maybe just for WF/LF/GF?

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Sweet!

Also, xpost from the DFW Melee thread - I'd like to hold a smashfest either Thursday or Friday. I can host at my place in downtown Dallas but I only have one setup (plus two HDs, but yuck, who wants to play on that ****). Anyone interested?

LumpyFish

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I wish I could come to this but it's a bit too far. Dx
Hopefully next DFW melee tournament I can go and try my sheik out for the first time :D

:phone:

Pinkie Pie

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, looks like we're going to have a pretty good turnout tomorrow. Do not forget to BRING SETUPS. Thanks everyone and I'll see yall tomorrow. Call me if you need anything.

To people who are driving - DO NOT TAKE 114 TO GET TO THE VENUE. I don't give a **** if your GPS tells you to or if it's 3am. This highway is under construction, esp in the evening and the traffic will **** YOU UP. Just don't do it.

TOURNAMENT UPDATE: We will most likely be doing pools with top 2 advancing and bottom 2 go into a novice single elimination bracket. Top 4 in the novice bracket will be placed as bottom seed into the regular bracket.

Coaching is allowed in the novice bracket, and I hope this gives us a chance to see some friendly competition from the newer players :)

Top Bottom