• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skynet Gaming - 11/20/11 - Grand Rapids, MI

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
SINGLES (29 ENTRANTS)

1: L_Cancel ($120.60) :olimar:
2: Tutu ($60.30) :sheik: :link2: :peach:
3: Roller ($20.10) :popo:
4: Tech_Chase :dedede: :snake:
5: Ori :marth: :popo: :metaknight:
5: LordHelmet :falcon:
7: Gifts :diddy: :metaknight:
7: SuperTH :mario2: :fox:
9: ShockSauce :falco:
9: Red :sheik:
9: Lionell Brown :wolf:
9: Jawsome :pikachu2:
13: Christiopher Vosloo :random:
13: rsr2 :wolf:
13: Nyles Price :fox:
13: Fishnax :pit:

[COLLAPSE="17th and Under - Many Characters Unknown for Now"]
17: Keenan Hampton :falco:
17: Joseph Parks :lucario: :gw:
17: Halluraka
17: Adam Demprey :kirby2:
17: Robert Parks :marth2: :wolf:
17: Danny Ruiz :sheik:
17: Gonzo :pikachu2:
17: Purin :lucas:
25: Lamp :wolf:
25: Captain Rainbows :random: (he used random characters like every match)
25: The Jin
25: Briggs

[/COLLAPSE]

TOURNAMENT VIDEOS

For those of you wanting to see some videos from this weekend, feel free to click the link provided below. They will take you to LordHelmet's channel where you can view them all. The Skynet videos all have {Skynet} in the title so they are easy to spot. You'll see some quality videos of L_Cancel, Tutu and watch as Roller and I almost lose to a Captain Falcon <_<. Hype stuff here!

Click here to view Lordy's Youtube Channel!

JUST FOR YOU JOHN #S

The payout may seem weird to you so allow me to clarify fr you to make your job easier, my friend.

The entry fee was $10 however, the venue offered a 3 dollar discount for anyone who pre-registered on their website. However only one person registered so the original pot was $287. After that the venue took a 30% house cut for hosting since they did not do a venue fee like most do. This leaves the total pot for payouts at $201. After that payouts were divided amongst top 3 - 60/30/10. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I'm not really associated with the venue who ran the event, but I pretty much CO-TOed it since it was their first legit Smash event.

- TC

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Super shout outs.

L_Cancel: I never played you, but we went a few rounds back in October 2010. You took first here. I think I know what would have happened.
Tutu: Sandbag or no, you would have trashed me, but thanks a lot for the character matchup experience. Dat Sheik.
Roller: I like your hat. I hate your ICs.
Tech_Chase: Some guy in a red shirt. No surprise he got killed off.
Ori: Yooo, I'ma upload whatever friendlies me 'n you had on my channel. Always legit seeing you man. You take on those COM :sheik:'s with :metaknight:! :troll:
LordHelmet: So. Close. I almost had you, last stock. But that Knee. So beautiful. All of my respect. Now choose a better character so you can win Michigan all the time.
Gifts: Diddy. Final Destination. Now I know.
SuperTH: What a guy. I love him.
ShockSauce: We never fought. I would like to correct this.
Red: We spoke for a limited time. I'd have liked to face off with you when you beat my buddy into the ground.
Lionell Brown: HEeeeeeyyy.... yoooouuuu. This guy, man. This guy. .....I have no idea who you are. Next Tourney?
Jawsome: Easily my favorite matches of the night. Sorry I brought out that janky Marth, but I couldn't afford another Up+B mishap like Mario. Play to win, as they say. But hey, as a fellow West MI, we need to play more often. Get that West MI rep up. Can't have L_Cancel do all the work.
Christiopher Vosloo: Is that last name legit?
rsr2: THANKS FOR THE RIDE, DOU-I mean. Your dad is cool. You should take after him.
Nyles Price: Dude, get a screen name or a gamertag or something. My head was on a swivel every time your matches were called.
Fishnax: Dude, legit tournament. Will attend again. Thanks for pushing for it to make it happen.

AND THE REST OF YOU....

I didn't play like, any of you. Joseph(:lucario:) and Robert Parks(:marth: :wolf: ) were with me, and... Well I ate Lucas USmash for breakfast against Purin. Wanted to rematch with Fox, but I don't think I would have done nearly as well in the Bracket any other way.

Gonzo.... keep fighting, and don't get so stressed, man! Caping Thunder is a lesson you should only learn once.

Captain Rainbow with that 24 hour status.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
GGs everyone! glad to see the results thread up(: I'll do full shoutouts a little later. It was nice seeing everyone again<3

Roller

Smash Legend
1: L_Cancel ($120.60) :olimar: :salt: :rainbowcruise: :salt: Good seeing you again! Hope you can make it to Tech's tourney! n_n
2: Tutu ($60.30) :sheik: :link2: :peach: YO. **** Peach. XD GGs, clearly I need Peach practice. Nice job beating Ori Climbers with Sheik again and taking L to g5.
3: Roller ($20.10) :popo:- You could have had 1stttt ;;
4: Tech_Chase :dedede: :snake: We need work on the Cptn. Falcon mu. Also. Good job TOing.
5: Ori :marth::popo: :metaknight: Maaaaaan, how you gonna lose to Sheik? ;) Good seeing you, and I'll see you again soon. =]
5: LordHelmet :falcon: I'm going to get so much **** for our match XD, I think you may have inspired a number of those West MI players with how well you did. Hope you can make it to tourneys more often!
7: Gifts :diddy: :metaknight: Nice job! 1 placement away from Ori/Lordy is solid. Keep working at it! And Thanks so much for deciding to drive us last minute. =]
7: SuperTH :mario2::fox: Good seeing you again. Hopefully there'll be more tourneys in West MI so we can come out more often.
9: Red :sheik: You. Are really good. =o Tutu has found a worthy padawan. Good meeting you, keep improving, and I'll see you again in a few weeks!
9: Lionell Brown :wolf: Why does everyone in West MI play :wolf::pika: or :sheik:?
9: Jawsome :pikachu2: Fun pika dittos. XD You have potential, glad to hear you'll be coming to AA next month. Hope you guys have been inspired to get involved in the scene! Also, 9th is a solid placing, good job!
13: rsr2 :wolf: Good meeting you! Hope to see you at more tourneys! =]
13: Fishnax :pit: We didn't play. ;; Next time?
17: Adam Demprey :kirby2: Sorry ICs/MK vs Kirby is so dumb. =s
17: Danny Ruiz :sheik: ICs/pika vs sheik is mehhhh, hope it didn't discourage you. You have potential.
17: Gonzo :pikachu2: You. I expect to see you **** at the next tourney. Learn that chaingrab and half of West MI instant-loses to you. lol
25: Captain Rainbows :random: That gannon =o

rsr2

Smash Lord
1: L_Cancel ($120.60) - Yo, it was nice meeting you finally :p Also thanks for leaving my friend that voice message. That was awesome
2: Tutu ($60.30) I didn't really talk to you. But I did enjoy watching your matches :p
3: Roller ($20.10) You were a really chill dude. Thanks for the friendlies and destroying me. Looking forward to playing and hanging out again :D
4: Tech_Chase Yeah we didn't really talk as much either but more than the first time. It was nice seeing you again and I am going to work my *** off to go to your tournament on the 10th. :D
5: Ori Once again, very nice to see you again. Our friendlies were fun and I sucked in pools but did a lot better out of them. I think it's because of eating Taco Bell and taking a 5 minutes nap on the floor >_>
5: LordHelmet - Nice meeting you and our match was really fun. Hope to play again and hang out sometime :D
7: Gifts - We didn't talk at all : /
7: SuperTH - Lol I had 24/7 Status too. I didn't sleep at all and went!!!! That was a horrible decision but I find it to be more fun that way :p It was nice seeing you and sorry for not saying goodbye when you left. Hell I didn't know you left until I got up and walked around and was like where did he go???
9: ShockSauce - Don't know you but I did watch you destroy my friend :p
9: Red - Nice matches. That was one intense Game 2 and Game three was kind'of close I guess??? But still great matches man.
9: Lionell Brown - Don't know : \
9: Jawsome - Nice seeing you again even though we didn't talk this time. Thanks for convincing me to Pikachu Ditto that guy. THat was lols. As you can see, I am one poopy pikachu >_>
13: Christiopher Vosloo - Don't know : \
13: rsr2 - You suck you should stop playing
13: Nyles Price - Don't know as well. : \
13: Fishnax - Awesome tournament bro. Will definitely go to the next one you host. That was a lot of fun.
17: Keenan Hampton I saw you play my friend but I don't think we talked as much.
17: Joseph Parks Same as above.
17: Halluraka - My friend he played Marth and MANNON.
17: Adam Demprey - Don't know : \
17: Robert Parks Don't Know
17: Danny Ruiz I have you on facebook even though everyone else talked to you and I didn't. Oh well they were telling me how awesome you are :p
17: Gonzo - That pikachu ditto. Also you did an awesome job making me aggrivated
17: Purin - Dat Lucas. Nice job for your first tournament man.
25: Lamp Nice match man. That was really intense ^_^
25: Captain Rainbows (he used random characters like every match) He was considered a peach main but gave up and went random. He did win a game as Ganon :D
25: The Jin Don't know : \
25: Briggs Don't know : \

My dad = Boss Status.

This tournament was awesome!!!! I had a blast and look forward to another. Also I play Game and Watch and Ganon to win my sets. So add those sexy studs to my name :D

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
This is great stuff I had a lot of fun at this! I'm going to do my best to get another one running with Cheli again in a couple months. The next will most definitely be Saturday and I'd like to hold both singles and doubles.
Hopefully I'll get to face more people I'm alittle sad I didn't get to face alot of you guys.
Also to SuperTH you're mine next time >:I

ZTD | TECHnology

^ Holla at me when you find a definitive date for the next event. Tell Cheli, I'll be more than happy to help run that one as well. We'll make the next one even better.

:yeahboi:

:phone:

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
For sure I want these tournaments to be as memorable and big as possible. I have confidence that the next one will be even better especially since I've got some experience under mah belt now.
Plus I need to face you :p

Roller

Smash Legend
Next time tho. Apex ruleset. **** Unity and their Brinstar/Rainbow Cruise. -__-

But this tourney was a lot of fun. Will definitely try to make it out for the next one! =]

Syrensilly

Smash Cadet
"The payout may seem weird to you so allow me to clarify fr you to make your job easier, my friend.

The entry fee was $10 however, the venue offered a 3 dollar discount for anyone who pre-registered on their website. However only one person registered so the original pot was $287. After that the venue took a 30% house cut for hosting since they did not do a venue fee like most do. This leaves the total pot for payouts at $201. After that payouts were divided amongst top 3 - 60/30/10. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I'm not really associated with the venue who ran the event, but I pretty much CO-TOed it since it was their first legit Smash event. "

Actually, what I had posted on both the Skynet FB event and on the pre-registration page clearly explained venue fees. Unfortunately I had little control on what exactly was posted on the SB event since I didn't originate the post.
$7 of EVERY registration went into the prize pool. (29*7= 203 1 person dropped after pools but before brackets were made which is why there are 28 in brackets.)
Payouts were: 1st (60%) $121.80 2nd (30%) $60.90 and 3rd (10%) $20.30
Venue fee was $3 at the door. If you pre-registered, venue fee was only $1. (Me making an attempt at having a better head count before event day.)

Everyone... it was great to have you all out, I'm looking for a good Saturday in a few months to invite you all out again. Was a great crowd of people and a lot of fun.

T_C... totally appreciate the ability to tap you for information and experience with a little larger crowd. I hope you can make it out next time. I'm going to run a few mock events on tio so I can get more familiar with it before trying this again.

Not sure who was running streaming, but thank you. It added a little more fun for those that couldn't make it. If you make it out next time, make sure we start the stream on LAN cable rather than wireless tho. It will be way nicer. ;) I have enough cable to hit any spot in the building. I will look into coming up with at least one setup for streaming for Skynet.

If I make meatballs again for general consumption, I'll be sure to find another large crockpot or 2, cause there just needed to be more. ;) (I know, not tourney important, but was fun to share.)

If anyone has any suggestions etc for the future, feel free to drop me a line. You can PM me on here, send me an email cheli dot mellema at skynet-gaming dot com (avoiding spam bots ;) ), drop a line on the Skynet facebook page, or call the store at (616) 776-1287 and if I'm not there you can leave me a message with whoever is at the counter. (We open at 3 daily other than Saturday which is usually 2 unless there's an event.)

Once again, thank you to everyone, without your support and input we wouldn't have had this great of an event.

ZTD | TECHnology

OHHHHH that makes sense. Oh well I wasnt too far off ...lmao. And no problem, always happy to help when I can. As I said before, what good is this experience of mine if I can't share it with others? ;)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
This is great stuff I had a lot of fun at this! I'm going to do my best to get another one running with Cheli again in a couple months. The next will most definitely be Saturday and I'd like to hold both singles and doubles.
Hopefully I'll get to face more people I'm alittle sad I didn't get to face alot of you guys.
Also to SuperTH you're mine next time >:I
I spent today practicing new moves and ATs. I look forward to our next match - let's try and make it before the next Skynet, shall we? Get West MI up and running, we've got the manpower for it now, if this was any indication.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
I spent today practicing new moves and ATs. I look forward to our next match - let's try and make it before the next Skynet, shall we? Get West MI up and running, we've got the manpower for it now, if this was any indication.
Wait are you a West MI player?? If so that's awesome because I have a brawl league that meets every now and then on Saturdays at Skynet and we were planning a bigger UBFC event in the coming month with some Muskegon guys. It'd be awesome if we could meet up sometime.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Not many people know this, but im actually a West Michigan smasher, I live in Rockford area. I travel out to East Michigan to play with everyone though and travel for tournies and whatnot.

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Well you are now! I'll hit you up when we set up our next skynet event. It's gonna be a little more casual than the tournament but it'll be a lot of fun. I'm just excited that I can finally start setting up a west michigan smash scene.

CaptainRainbows

Smash Rookie
Hell yea im workin on the random. Next time ill actually sleep and play a character i know. I legit forgot how to pull up pikmin with olimar i was that tired.:(
Ive been trying to work on toon link. Still thinking of just trying to give peach another go. Just go tourney after tourney with peach. Or maybe stick with the ganon. God tier.

Roller

Smash Legend
Isn't rainbow cruise in the 2012 Apex tho?
It is not. Apex ruleset removed Rainbow cruise, Brinstar, and Pokemon Stadium 2. Which are the most liberal stages on the Unity list. I personally (as well as a LOT of other smashers) think this list is better for determining skill vs your opponent, as opposed to just trying to survive on a silly stage.
I'm just excited that I can finally start setting up a west michigan smash scene.
Glad somebody is taking an initiative over there. I look forward to the days when you guys (other than L, who already has) start taking top placements over the east. =D

fishnax

Smash Apprentice
Thank goodness then. Those stages are just obnoxious to play on. And yes I plan on attending some Eastern tournaments and seeing how I fair.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
1: L_Cancel :olimar: We didn't actually get to play for whatever reason, it was cool seeing you though. Congrats on 1st, get that pizza money. West MI represent.
2: Tutu :sheik: Awesome seeing you again, we need to get some real games in soon!
3: Roller :popo: :salt: GGs as always, maybe I'll get you next time >_>
4: Tech_Chase :dedede: more :salt: **** PS2. Awesome set though, I'll try to make it to Phoenix Saga just for you.
5: Ori :marth::popo: :metaknight: Nice seeing you, we didn't really get to play either ;_;
5: LordHelmet :falcon: Free
7: Gifts :diddy: :metaknight: GGs man, I had fun playing ya. Better luck next time, watch the SDs!
7: SuperTH :mario2::fox: Ahah our set was pretty close. You surprised me, good ****!
9: ShockSauce :falco: I hope I can see you more often! Your Falco has potential.
9: Lionell Brown :wolf: Good **** man! You guys were funny as hell, come to the next one please..!
13: rsr2 :wolf: Nice meeting you! I hope we can play again soon.
13: Fishnax :pit: Didn't get to play ya :/

Andd

Roller did use Pika one game :p

[Skynet] lordhelmet (CF) vs Gifts (Diddy) {1-3}
[Skynet] lordhelmet (CF) vs Roller (ICs/Pikachu) {1-3}
[Skynet] lordhelmet (CF) vs Tech Chase (D3) {1-3}
[Skynet] Roller (ICs) vs L_Cancel (Olimar) {1-3}
[Skynet] L_Cancel (Olimar) vs Tutu (Sheik)

Top Bottom