• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

December Throwdown

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Geeks + Gamers is doing another bunch of game tournaments soon after the release of Modern Warfare 3 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. You should stop by and show us what you're made of.

Governors House Hotel & Convention Center
2705 East South Blvd, Montgomery, AL

Doors open at noon. Brawl tournament starts at 4PM.
$10 Door Fee.
Each event is $10.

WWE All-Stars - Starts at 1PM
Ruleset TBA

Gears of Wars 3 - Starts at 1PM
2v2 or 3v3, tentative.

Mortal Kombat 9 (PS3) - Starts at 1PM
Double elimination, best 2 out of 3.
If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
Skarlet, Rain, Kenshi, Kratos, and Freddy Krueger are banned in tournament play.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3) - Starts at 2PM
Double elimination. 99 Seconds, 2/3 Games, Default Handicap, Default Damage
You may not use any glitch that prevents the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game.
Winner must keep same starting character, but can switch the order of assists.
You may not use the same character twice on one team.

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition (PS3) - Starts at 2PM
Double elimination. Versus Mode, 99 Seconds, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, No Handicap
If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
Winner may change ultra, but has to pick ultra first after loser picks character.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Starts at 4 PM
Double-elimination, 1v1, Unity Ruleset, Meta Knight-banned.

Depending on interest and the number of people in general, we may either have a $5-per-person Doubles tournament, or a Draft Doubles, where the lowest-ranked Singles players get to choose their partners first among the other players entered.

General Gameplay Rules
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to "Off" and "None"
Pause set to "Off"
Meta Knight is banned in both Singles and Doubles (optional until January 9th, 2012, after which is mandatory)
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
There is a 50 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 18 is used for all characters.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360) - Starts at 5PM
Free-for-all tournament.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just posting this for the Geeks + Gamers people.

I have a laptop now, and Singles is happening first, so this should go really smoothly. However, we only have three set-ups right now, so, more would be really appreciated.

Player-1

Smash Legend
GA is looking into this but we'd really appreciate housing for friday-saturday saturday-sunday or both. If not then we can still get there and get back all in one day, but we'd like housing for 3 hours or so until the venue opens or someone to give us a ride to places to hang out for 3 hours.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
if you wanna chill at my parents house then we can do that lmaoooo.
but thats all i got for you guys in montgomery.

im coming.

idk what the rest of al is doing, i think they died.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Are you guys bringing any Wiis? I should be bringing at least two televisions, so, anything would be appreciated.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
@Slam - Read the top of my post in AL Social for my response which was akin to sure!

@Reflex - I can bring my TV and Wii.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i can bring a wii but no tv.
my tv is too big.
will this help any?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yes, very much so. I am bringing televisions but no Wii (as far as I am aware). Geeks + Gamers will provide three setups, but, the more that we have, the better everything will go.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Ugh... the hype... it's too much *falls to ground clutching chest*

lol, for real though, I think this was planned semi-last minute-ish? Prob a lot of people couldn't plan to go etc etc. Dunno what the turn-out will be like but at least we'll be there and Luis/Calvin etc.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Yeah, so Vahe bailed and therefore Chas can't come. Also, Vahe was driving P-1 and P-3 but they COULD of taken MARTA but they don't want to since it's so early so they bailed too so I'm all alone... and don't feel like going by myself. So I guess they all canceled on me 6 hours before we were going to leave. Whatever. I even paid for the tickets. Sorry guys. Hope the tournament is okay and not just a bunch of casuals. Good luck.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Here's to hoping. I am doing it mainly to help them out, though, so, even if there aren't many good people, they could use the help.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im on the brim about still going.
i may do it still because of my UMVC3 friends that are gonna be there.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ah, well. Most people bailed at the last second, so, we had a six-man round robin.

I won, Calvin came in second, Slam third, and then three casuals.

Saved the replays against Calvin.

Top Bottom