• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Weekly Stage Discussions Directory

Weekly Stage Discussions Directory

Introduction

In attempt to further stage knowledge and inspire activity among the Stage Rage Crew Discussion Forums, Red Ryu and I are both happy to present the Weekly Stage Discussions! They will work very similarly to the match-up discussions we all know of, but the obvious difference is that we're gonna be working with the stages themselves, instead of characters.

Every week, Red Ryu and I will open one (1) new thread each for a specific stage. Each stage will have its own thread, and a link to those stage specific threads will be provided below. This thread will be stickied and serve as the directory, as well as a feedback hub for the project (like for example, which two stages you'll like to see next).

Given that these are weekly discussions, the threads will be active for 1 week, and when that one week is over, the OP of each thread will be updated with the tidbits of information that we've gathered over that week. After the recap is made, the threads will remain open for discussion, but we will be moving on to the next set of stages in the cycle. Threads will cycle every Friday, so be sure to check then to get your latest rage fix on new stages.

Goals

So we're hosting discussions, but what kind of discussion do we want to foster?

Stage discussion forums have been notorious for being the home to discuss stage legality, but for this project, we want to aim past all the debating and philosophy discussion and talk about information that is useful to the reader. Here are some general guidelines that'll suggest what we're looking for:

1. Stage Data
    • Blastzones
    • Stage Collisions and Geometry
      • For example: Slopes, walls, floors, etc.
    • Features/Obstacles
      • For example: Platforms, Ledges, Walk-offs, Hittable Objects, etc.
    • Hazards and Transformations
  2. Strategies and Tactics
    • Example: How to use Platforms, How Geometry Enhances onstage/offstage play, Staying in safe zones, etc.
  3. Character Specific
    • How each character performes on certain stages [EXAMPLE]
    • Tricks and Advanced Techniques
    • Specific Match-ups

Discussions

Week #1 (12/2/2011):
  • :fdb: ~ Led by Red Ryu
  • :ps1: ~ Led by Twinkie

Week #2 (12/9/2011):
  • :smashville: ~ Led by Red Ryu
  • :ps2: ~ Led by Twinkie

Week #3 (12/17/2011):

Week #4 (12/30/2011):
  • :hanenbow: ~ Led by Red Ryu
  • :skyworld: ~ Led by Twinkie
~~~

Stages Not Yet Discussed:
:75M: :battlefieldb: :bigblue: :eldin:
:brinstar: :castlesiege: :corneria: :distantplanet:
:delfino: :flatzone2: :frigate: :greengreens:
:greenhill: :halberd: :japes: :yoshisb:
:mansion: :lylat: :mariobros: :mariocircuit:

:mky: :npc: :norfair: :onett:
:pictochat: :pirateship: :porttown: :rainbowcruise:
:rumblefalls: :shadowmoses: :yoshism: :spearpillar:
:summit: :warioware:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hey I can't wait to see how this goes! Good luck.

EDIT: Oh man, I can do requests in here?! I'd like to request Brinstar because Ness is obv the best Halberd in two weeks please?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Dibs... uh... Onett?
idk, but I'd love to run one.

@BPC like PS2?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
kyokoro, just making sure you're aware...
The people that are calling 'dibs' on certain stages are not requesting to run those threads themselves, the 'dibs' are to request that those stages be brought up for discussion soon. As it says in the OP

This thread will be stickied and serve as the directory, as well as a feedback hub for the project (like for example, which two stages you'll like to see next).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So skimming the short explanation was a bad idea.
nvm me then, that's the kind of stuff that happens when there are informal terms of your non-native language....

.... Dibs on PS2?

If people want to make my job easier, I have no problems with that. :p:p:p

Anyways, I was kinda thinking we would scatter the good stages throughout the entire cycle to keep the hype alive during the entire project, instead of burning ourselves out in the first few weeks, then boring ourselves to death with lame stages at the end.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa.

This is why I should actually check forums instead of namesearchporting everywhere.

There are more banned stages than legal stages. If we end up talking about all the legal stages right in the beginning, during the end of the project, all we'll have are a bunch of uninteresting stages that nobody really cares about to discuss, and members will have nothing to look forward to in the project's future. Like I said before, I'm trying to spread them out so that we can at least have important stages throughout the project's entirety, so that you guys can have stages to look forward to in the future. It's especially hard when our first four stages were legal stages, cause now our options are limited even more.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I wasn't actually trying to talk **** about Temple being #5 and I don't mind at all. I just thought it was a funny thing considering what BPC said

Top Bottom