• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACM Avalanche | Sponsored by Bawls energy drinks and Shiden Advanced

SPONSORED BY

Events

Super Smash Brothers Melee
singles and doubles

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
singles

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
singles

Venue fee: $5
Entry fee for all games: $5 per person

Prize distribution for all singles games will be 60/30/10. Smash doubles will be 70/30

http://www.shidenadvanced.com will be adding $50 to all 3 1v1 event prize pots

Bawls will be providing 5 cases of free drinks. 1 entire case will be raffled off to anyone who supplies a full setup

There may be a Melee crew battle towards the end of the tournament, either VA vs NC or draft crews

Media

Smash Brothers
live stream: http://www.twitch.tv/Redd91
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/UsurperKingZant
commentary: Juno

Marvel & Street Fighter
live stream:
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/UsurperKingZant
commentary:

We're looking for people who can provide live stream, recording, and commentary service. We don't have a complete staff yet so if you think you can help out send me a pm. Adequate service will waive your venue fee

Social Networking

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/events/258566884198752/
Shoryuken: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...valanche-ssf4ae-umvc3-ssbm-radford-va.152011/

107 Cook Hall
Radford University
Radford, VA 24142

Radford Parking Map
http://www.radford.edu/content/dam/...doit/Auxilliary/Parking/Parking_Map8.5x11.pdf

Schedule

Time Table
Times | Smash Brothers | Marvel & Street Fighter
12:00pm | registration | registration
1:00pm | Melee singles pools | Street Fighter bracket
2:00pm | Melee singles pools | Street Fighter bracket
3:00pm | Melee doubles bracket | Street Fighter bracket
4:00pm | Melee doubles bracket | Street Fighter bracket
5:00pm | Melee doubles bracket | casuals
6:00pm | recess | recess
7:00pm | Melee singles bracket | Marvel bracket
8:00pm | Melee singles bracket | Marvel bracket
9:00pm | Melee singles bracket | Marvel bracket
10:00pm | venue closes | venue closes

Players may have up to 10 minutes to report to their assigned setup. If a player is playing in a tournament set for a different game, they will be excused but must report to their designated station immediately after the set's finished

Rules Sets

All tournament sets will be best of 3 rounds. Semi finals and finals are best of 5

[collapse="UMVC3 & SSF4AE"]Preferred console will be XBOX 360. Both games will use standard tournament rules and have latest updates[/collapse][collapse=SSBM]General Rules
  • Stock: 4
  • Time limit: 7 minutes
  • Items: off
  • In the event of a game going to time, a winner will be determined first by most stocks, then by lowest %
  • DSR: A player can't counterpick to a stage he has already won on unless all players in the set agree
  • Wobbling: legal up to 200%

Procedural format
  1. Both players select their character. A double blind can be requested where both players tell a 3rd party their character in secret. The 3rd party will verify that both players will choose the characters they told him
  2. Stage striking will be used to determine the first stage to play on. Both players/teams will strike in ABBA order so that 1 stage remains
  3. Play on the remaining stage
  4. The loser of the previous game picks the next stage to play on
  5. The winner of the previous game may change characters
  6. The loser of the previous game may change characters
  7. Play the next game
  8. repeat steps 4-7 until a winner of the set is decided

[collapse="singles stage list"]neutrals
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final Destination
  • Fountain Of Dreams
  • Yoshi's Story

counterpick stages
  • Pokemon Stadium
[/collapse][collapse="doubles stage list"]stages
  • Battlefield
  • Dreamland 64
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Yoshi's Story

Additional doubles rules
  • Team attack: on
  • Life stealing: legal
[/collapse][/collapse]
Setups

A full setup includes a system (specify which one) and a TV. Players who bring a full setup will have their venue fee waived. We really want to have 2 kinds of areas for setups; 1 for tournament games and the other for friendlies/casuals. The more setups you bring, the better this event will be. Even if you can only bring a PS3 setup that still counts for casuals! People who bring full setups will enter a raffle to win an entire case of Bawls energy drinks

SSBM
♥ - Wii
FACE - GameCube
Sange - Wii

SSF4
Sange - XBOX (also has MVC disk)

UMVC3
♥ - PS3 (also has SF disk)
VR-Raiden - PS3

Staff Contact

Sange
804 690 0616
OniKami@gmail.com

♥
703 963 2739
CookieCutterGoatChaosControl@yahoo.com

Pre-Registration

http://radford.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_cAN4zRtx1CfLPQo

We are working on making badges so having your name in advance will help

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
PRE-REGISTRATION LINK
http://radford.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_cAN4zRtx1CfLPQo

FACEBOOK URL
https://www.facebook.com/events/258566884198752/

Place holder -- I am the one hosting this. Right now the only thing confirmed is the day/time/place. There will definitely be atleast Melee Singles/Doubles tournament on Feb 4th at the location provided. We are trying to extend the times and see what other games we can fit in. Ideally we'd like to have UMVC3 and SF4AE, but I'm still looking into the demand for that.

Expect an update on this late Friday night.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
snap, you weren't at enter the dragon? sange was there. he was chill.

i'll see what i have going on. i won't have anniversary johns like i always do for the x-UP's, so i very well may come to this.

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
snap, you weren't at enter the dragon? sange was there. he was chill.

i'll see what i have going on. i won't have anniversary johns like i always do for the x-UP's, so i very well may come to this.
That was a legit as **** tournament. I got to get 4 stocked by PP. >.> And people screamed "The reality"...

All things considered, ACM Avalanche is going to blow that out of the water ;)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
good. if i come, i hope it does.

i'll be sure to bring a full car of something. and i'll get some other fighting game people on this.

Not all the details are planned out yet, like which console's preferred for Marvel and Street Fighter. If you have any advice, please tell

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
lets get some hype for this! this may be my first tourney after apex. of course apex comes first, but i'm sorta pumped for this in a weird way.

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
lets get some hype for this! this may be my first tourney after apex. of course apex comes first, but i'm sorta pumped for this in a weird way.
We are too. I will get a lot done with this in the coming week. Right now we're doing finals at college, so it's hard for me to find time to do a full type up. Epsilon had already posted some stuff about food and the likes, but I had him take it down for the moment.

Right now we're working on sponsorships and incentive for pre-reg. Ideally, I'd like to get the on-campus dining services to sponsor us so that I can give out a "free meal swipe" to those people that pre-reg as an incentive. However, it's just in the works for the moment.

Aside from that I plan to have a live stream with commentary. The one person I'd really like to get up here is Yayz, since I love his commentary at locals. Epsilon, as always, will be recording.

Once I get some more details about parking and driving typed up I'm going to post them and really try to push this. My "goal" for this tournament is to get PP here =D and a good crowd for UMVC and SF4AE

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
I have always wanted to play sange....
Also to clarify, I won't be entering any of the brackets. It's a tight time frame we're on and I will be full-time TOing. I take pride in my leadership, and hope to bring that to Avalanche.

I'd love to play friendlies during downtimes though =D Breaks and such.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
you guys want pp and yay?

well, i guess i'll let em know about this. my car as i said will probably me, sneak, and marvel players, but after apex, i'll make sure NC is aware of this. it also appears that they've found this thing anyway lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hey cyrain, i'll probably be at this. it was cool to play you near the end of ROM4. hopefully we can get some more matches in at this.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
Maybe he will make a surprise appearance. 3.5 hours is a pretty long drive for a small tourney tho. If it ends up looking like there will be a decent turn out then I might come regardless of Peepee's attendance. I guess as long as my winnings cover the trip then I'll probably come hahaha. Sounds bad, but yea.

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
Maybe he will make a surprise appearance. 3.5 hours is a pretty long drive for a small tourney tho. If it ends up looking like there will be a decent turn out then I might come regardless of Peepee's attendance. I guess as long as my winnings cover the trip then I'll probably come hahaha. Sounds bad, but yea.
Already we have atleast 15 people committed to the event. That is without preregistration, and without that much hype. The thing is, PP traveled for Crimson's bi-weekly. If people are willing to travel farther for that, they should be very excited to come to this.

Two projectors, plenty of space, can hold 75+ easily (and I don't mean sweaty smell everyone space, either... I mean comfortable), right near food, plenty of parking, near a major interstate.

All we need is for a few high level players to commit and spread hype. If you can talk Polecat (sp?) into coming, bring your Richmond crew, etc.... NC will easily do the same. What we need on this thread isn't soft commitments -- we need hype.

The Avalanche is coming, son.

Top Bottom