• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.C. Brawl Monthly VII Results! (MK Banned)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Doubles

1: Team Super Awesome Dynamite Platinum Brothers ($60) (Blue Yoshi + Big D) :dedede: :random: :pikachu: :rob: :diddy: :wario: / :dedede: :random: :wolf: :pit: :zelda: :diddy: :wario:
2: Deap Sucks~~~~~ ($20) (SKidd + Kantrip) :mario2: / :diddy:
3: Adam + Shawn :yoshi2: / :sheik:
4: Mark + Josh :pikachu2: / :ike:

Singles Pools

(Set count) [Match count]

Pool 1
1. Big D (5-0) [10-1]
2. Blue Yoshi (4-1) [9-2]
3. Kantrip (3-2) [6-5]
4. Adam (2-3) [5-7]
5. Sinister (1-4) [3-8]
6. Mark (0-5) [0-10]

Pool 2
1. Firefly (6-0) [12-1]
2. Jason (5-1) [10-4]
3. Crisis (4-2) [10-5]
4. SKidd (3-3) [6-7]
5. Circle Breaker (2-4) [6-9]
6. Shawn (1-5) [3-10]
7. Josh (0-6) [1-12]

Singles Bracket (Click here for the bracket)

1: Firefly ($78) :yoshi2: :dk2:
2: Jason ($39) :rob: :falco: :marth: :gw:
3: Big D ($13) :dedede: :snake: :wario: (forfeited in Loser's Finals)
4: Blue Yoshi :jigglypuff:
5: Crisis :falco: :falcon:
5: Kantrip :diddy: :lucas: :olimar: :dk2:
7: Adam :yoshi2:
7: Circle Breaker :dedede: :olimar:
9: SKidd :mario2: :snake: :marth:
9: Shawn :sheik: :falcon:
9: Sinister :wolf: :falcon:
9: Mark :pikachu2:
13: Josh :ike:

AllBrawl

1. Blue Yoshi ($0.09)
2. Firefly
3. Jason
4. Courier
5. SinisterPRO West COAST
6. Kantrip
7. Crisis
8. SKidd

(These results don't actually make sense because Kantrip and SKidd made it further than Sinister and Crisis in the bracket, but they played it out and this is what happened, so w/e. Plus, the fact that SKidd placed last after how close he was to being in the finals is kind of hilarious. :troll:)

GGs everybody! I know I messed up some of the characters because you're all so damn picky, so let me know and I'll fix it. I also didn't catch who Mark used, so help me out please!

See you all in the new year~

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I approve of Big D's choice of using a certain, doubles-broken character.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^You're funny, but no DDD is not BC Brawl Monthly's mascot.

Also, obligatory Bob-omb Victim List:

Jason! x2

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Yo JJ, I do believe my AllBrawl championship 5th place was by the name of SinisterPRO west COAST, not Sinister. You can go ahead and change that anytime :troll:

Also just wanna give a shoutout to all my homies maining D3.. I hate you all

Seriously next Tourney I'm making bank, Top 3 NO JOHNS

GGs though everyone, my biggest john is that I was sick and wasn't 100%, but Tourney was maaaad good times and I'm glad I showed up

Rob we need more :jigglypuff: vs :falcon:, and you never got to fight my :wolf:

hope to change that sometime

annnnnyways, shoutouts later

WEST COAST

oh and I got a hug from skidd today, not sure what feel

Captain L

Smash Champion
Did we get a buch of new people for this tourney? Or is it just people who've come before but I never learned their first names?

Either way I'm sad I couldn't come, but on a positive note I won a free mini golf game at castle fun park for getting a hole in one on that last thing.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Shoutouts!

Firefly: Didn't play you much besides AllBrawl. Thanks again for hosting and letting us play almost until 11pm! Good luck at Apex buddy!

Jason!: Super mad that I used Peach against you first game. Zelda is much better vs. your ROB lol. That MM was so close and I enjoyed it very much. Those two bombs I landed on you were just Sweet! I hope I convinced you that Zelda is mid tier material even though I'd rather see her below Ganondorf! You may be interested in this as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQOpCz0cDxs

Big D: Thanks for sticking around for friendlies. Grats on 3rd and scholarship!!

Blue Yoshi: I finally got to play you in friendlies. Hopefully you managed to see some improvement in me since last we played in July!

Crisis: I hate your Falco... not that I played it. Grats on your placing!

Kantrip: Think that's your best placing so far? You're improving so much it's a shame I only played your Lucas.

Adam: Who are you again? :(

Circle Breaker: WE DIDN'T PLAY. And I think BC is better than you think you just didn't get to play most of the older members is all. I look forward to playing your Olimar, it's my most hated matchup so if I win it'll be Sweet! but salty if I lose :(

SKidd: We didn't play much. Next time though. WHY WOULD YOU ORDER AN EXTRA PEPPERONI PIZZA AND PLUCK OUT ALL THE PEPPERONI? Interesting conversations in the car as well.

Shawn: I didn't play you but I know you just enough to know you're possibly the most awesome guy here. Sheik AND Peach? No matter the matchup, no matter the situation, no matter what dair is always an option for Peach (and Snake :p). Definitely learn DACUS with Sheik. Did you know Sheik has a guaranteed grab release DACUS on characters such as Meta Knight, King Dedede, Squirtle, and Charizard (there's more but I can't recall them all but there are many)? Grab releasing Diddy almost always results in an air release -> dacus, but sometimes Diddy gets a ground release.

Sinister: Melee was awesome. Hopefully I have proven techskill isn't needed in Melee and that Zelda is awesome. Thanks for the practise on Friday, it definitely prepared me for yesterday!

Mark: We didn't even get to meet!

Josh: We didn't meet either. Ike is cool though.

Courier: Man you suck so much you didn't even get a placing in the tourney!

Lastly, I made two promises:

Promise #1

Promise #2

Crisis

Smash Ace
Yeah SKidd's All Brawl name was FUUU10GUY

Shoutouts to shoutouts

Shoutouts to puff for timing my snake out twice xD

Shoutouts to melee friendlies

Shoutouts to Allbrawl

Shoutouts to random teams on melee stages.

Shoutouts to mk

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Did we get a buch of new people for this tourney? Or is it just people who've come before but I never learned their first names?

Either way I'm sad I couldn't come, but on a positive note I won a free mini golf game at castle fun park for getting a hole in one on that last thing.
Yeah, aside from Circle Breaker and his friend (who didn't enter), there was a group of 4 guys who saw the information for the tournament on another gaming site and decided to check it out. One of them had a pretty good Yoshi too. ^.^ They seemed interested in coming out for future events, so hopefully we'll see them at the next monthly!

Did Rob contribute an extra penny to the pot just so he could win nine cents?
Actually, that was my idea~

Pretty sure my name was FFFFUUUUUU for AllBrawl
How suitable. :awesome: I'll change it right away.

PK STAAAAAAAAARSTOOOOOOOOOORM

thanks for the event and matches everybody. you're not as much better than me than I had expected :p i'll come back
Glad to hear it. :) And get your friend to enter singles next time!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Jake, you forgot to add GaW as a character I used... oh wait, that's right. I WENT ALL PUFF THIS TOURNAMENT!!! XD

Rob we need more :jigglypuff: vs :falcon:, and you never got to fight my :wolf:

hope to change that sometime
I'd love to play you again. Falcon/Puff was so much fun. And I'd love to try Puff/Wolf (or anything wolf) sometime too.

Shoutouts to puff for timing my snake out twice xD
Sorry, but after playing Dawson's Snake and the epic game 3 we had in pools, I had to do it. I timed out so many people that tourney XD

Anyways, my shoutouts:

1: Firefly ($78)

GGS!!! You've definitely improved since I last played you. You're reading me much more than you have. Thanks for hosting another amazing tournament.

2: Jason ($39)

GGS. Nearly beat you in loser's semis with Puff, which would have given me 2nd place lol. Too bad we couldn't do the rematch money match. Next time though :)

3: Big D ($13) (forfeited in Loser's Finals)

Thanks for housing and everything, and congrats on the Basketball Scholarship. As far as our matches go, all I can think of is timeouts. Game 3 pools was by far my favourite tournament match I played all tournament, even though I came on the losing end of it. It was too epic. And then there was the timeout at your place... MAKE SURE YOU POST THAT VID, or send me the vid so that I can show it to the Victoria people. It was way too hillarious XD Anyways, thanks for everything :)

4: Blue Yoshi

:jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff:

5: Crisis

GGS! Lol at timing you out in both of my wins in our set. Can't wait to face you again. You were fun to play against.

5: Kantrip

Yes I won! Who do I face next? Wait, I face Rob next? Well, it was fun while it lasted... (or something along those lines). GGs though. Your Olimar caught me off-guard in pools. Also, your Diddy is much scarier than I thought it was. See you next tournament :)

7: Adam

I don't think I faced a Yoshi in pools, and I don't remember what character you used on me, so I forget how our match went. Either way, ggs, and I hope to see you at the next tournament.

7: Circle Breaker

I never faced you :( Next time.

9: SKidd

We must do Jigglypuff vs Mario sometime. Lets make it a hug money match. If you win, we hug. If I win, we hug. If Jake PK Starstorms and we tie, no hug. Some... "interesting" conversations we had there, to say the least. GGS, and I'll see you next tournament.

9: Shawn

I don't think I ever played against you either :( Next time...

9: Sinister
:dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: :dedede: !!!!!!! Anyways, it's too bad you always get a terrible bracket. You should place much higher, but always get caught in terrible matchups. I'd like to Falcon/Puff you again, and also finally play your Wolf. GGs, and see you next tournament. Oh, and :dedede:

9: Mark

Like Adam, I don't think you used Pikachu against me in pools, and I forget who you used, so I forget how our match went. Anyways, ggs, and hope to see you next tournament.

13: Josh

Sorry, I was tired during our match and kept falling asleep ;) But yeah, we have an Ike player on the island, so I know the matchup fairly well. Anyways, ggs, and hopefully I'll see you next tournament.

69: Kev

GGS!!! I think of everyone I played against, you were the only person I didn't go Puff against. We'll have to change that next tournament ;) anyways, you have definitely improved a LOT since I last faced you. You even took matches off of me, and I wasn't overly sandbagging either. GGs, and see you next tournament :)

See you all next tournament.

Asa

Smash Hero
shoutouts:
firefly - good job getting 1st, let's **** mid-level players at apex, i would've won if i came :awesome:
jason - good to see you in the community bro! :D
BigD - i hope you could've stayed for longer, but duty calls
BlueYoshi- :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff:
Crisis - you got timed out, smh you're supposed to do that bru
Circlebreaker - yo we should talk sometime, do you have msn? Hope your first tourney was fun, keep playing till I come back hehe

SKidd - Derpa derp.
Mark - shoulda brought the rest of alberta with you :v
Sinister - lolol
Kev - keep playing and bomb'ing ppl :D

Kantrip

Kantplay
>Do the best I've done in a tourney
>Use Olimar in tourney matches
>Team with SKidd

>No shoutout from Asa

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
You main Diddy :troll:

Good **** though Kanny, who'd you pull Oli on?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Not that I'm aware of. I'll try to get one to you sometime.

Sinister, I used Oli against Rob and one of the new guys, I forget which. It lost to Rob but I felt I would try.

Asa

Smash Hero
Breez always wants to go but he always derps on getting here lol

:phone:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, the MK ban didn't make much of a difference this time. None of our MK mains were here, and the only people with pocket MKs placed 1st, 2nd, and 5th (Crisis). Blue Yoshi said he felt more motivated without MK, despite the fact he went 100% Jigglypuff for singles. =P

Breez wanted to come, but his ride bailed last minute. He was planning on going mainly Diddy, with maybe a bit of Marth on the side.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
For the record, I have been planning on an all Jigglypuff run for a year now. I started and bailed on that plan a few times, but this time I finally decided to stay true to it.

And me saying I feel more motivated without MK is based on the fact that after I face a MK in the tournament, I lose all interest in brawl, and usually throw one of my next matches so that I don't have to play anymore. This has happened at basically every tournament I have attended recently. So yes, although I did go Puff the entire time, I finished the tournament still fully in a brawl mood.

Just posting for clarification on my statement.

Captain L

Smash Champion
so basically the MK ban made (almost) no difference this tournament.

Next tournament though it actually matters because we'll have derp deap, and very likely breez, not to mention the unity ruleset ban will technically be non-optional.

Captain L

Smash Champion
so if somebody is in the grand finals against Rob in January, will he throw the match just so that he is correct in his prediction? Or will he still try as hard as he can, caring more about winning than being right?

Tune in next time to AVERAGE-QUALITY BRAWL SCENE DRAMA

Captain L

Smash Champion
If I make it to grand finals with Rob, depending on which bracket I come from, I may do a single :jigglypuff: ditto.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff is like a bad dedede that can't chaingrab or throw projectiles. Jigglypuff is also like a bad wario that can't kill very easily. That is the great thing about PT. He's not a bad anything, he's just a mediocre combination of bad versions of other characters.

Top Bottom