• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phoenix Saga Pt.1 - December 10th, 2011 - Ann Arbor, MI

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
:146: DOUBLES (16 TEAMS) :146:

1: SK and Oblivion ($80.00) (split due to not be able to finish) :metaknight: / :snake:
2: Shugo and Suyon ($80.00) :metaknight: / :pit:
3: Gio and Kenny ($16.00) :metaknight: / :metaknight:
4: Jiffyboob and Blue Rogue :wario: / :wario:
5: Arc and Ori :pit: / :metaknight:
5: Anther and WTP :pikachu2: / :metaknight:
7: Tutu and Xatic :sheilda: / :wolf:
7: TC and Coco :dedede: / :olimar:
9: Gifts and Scala :gw: :metaknight: / :gw:
9: Red and Jawsome :sheik: / :pikachu2: /:olimar:
9: Roller and Zinoto :pikachu2: / :diddy:
9: Thugz and Duck :metaknight: / :falco:
13: AJG and Xylo :random: / :random:
13: SuperTH and RobJoe :fox: / :lucario:
13: LOE1 and FireCrotchDDD :warioc: / :dedede:
13: Amity and Legit :snake: / :random:

So I had to a split for doubles because we never got the chance to do GFs for some reason. When I did the split I did it forgetting that I had paid out third already so I did like 160 split between the two teams..because of that singles was short that amount (16 bucks or so) Yeah..thats what happens when you have one hour of sleep after running a 40 man tournament for 12 hours. <_< SK and Shugo got extra money so they're fine. The other four who placed..I have to pay them when I see them (its like 4 bucks a person) My apologies folks.

:146: SINGLES (40 ENTRANTS) :146:

1: Shugo ($90.00) :falco: :metaknight: :pit:
2: Sparta Kick ($40.00) :snake:
3: Zinoto ($25.00) :diddy:
4: Lain ($15.00) :popo: :metaknight:
5: Roller ($8.00) :popo:
5: Anther ($8.00) :pikachu2:
7: Azure Kenny :metaknight: :snake:
7: Blue Rogue :wario:
9: Coco :olimar:
9: Tutu :sheilda:
9: Duck :falco:
9: Gio :metaknight:
13: Oblivion :snake: :falco:
13: Tech_Chase :dedede: :snake: :warioc:
13: Arc :pit:
13: Suyon :pit:
17: Juggleguy :snake:
17: Scala :gw: :falco:
17: LOE1: The Legend :warioc: :diddy:
17: Mr.C :falco:
17: LordHelmet :falcon:
17: What's The Point :falco:
17: ORI_bro :metaknight: :marth:
17: PzO :metaknight:
25: Thugz :metaknight:
25: Legit :olimar:
25: Gifts :metaknight:
25: Red :sheik:
25: Amity :snake:
25: Auspher :wolf: :lucas:
25: CSMagus9000 :falco:
25: BladeYKM :marth:

------Pools Cutoff-------

33: Jawsome :pikachu2:
33: Rikku :lucario:
33: Robjoe :wolf: :zerosuitsamus:
33: Xatic :wolf:
33: FireCrotchDDD :dedede:
33. Jiffyboob :wario:
33: SuperTH :fox: :mario2:
33: Apasher :dedede:

Thank you to everyone to coming out. I swear one of these days we'll get these blasted side event thing done lol. I can't remember the last time we ran a 32 man bracket so it took longer than expected. I had a lot of fun at this and I hope everyone else did as well. Next time though...I'm not TOing this with 1 hour of sleep lmao. But anyway shoutouts to come later. Help me out with characters...I guessed on some and didn't know other.

Also congratz to RED for winning the raffle for the DJ Hero2 set!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
What was entry fee? Paying out $8 to 5th seems weird imo

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
It was 5 bucks but I screwed up payouts a tad. Everyone should have like 4 bucks more than they do. When I had to do splits for doubles gave the teams a little more money than I should have.

LOE1

Smash Lord
every tournament i always go to bracket, lose 1, win one, then lose, and im out
gotta change that routine up a bit

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
1: Shugo ($90.00) - Didn't play or talk, but thanks for coming to MI and congratz winning

2: Sparta Kick ($40.00) - Wish we played at this, but good stuff getting 2nd

3: Zinoto ($25.00) - MY BOI, JULIAN!!!!! GOOD **** BEATING LAIN!!!!!

4: Lain ($15.00) - Thanks for the friendlies and the :dedede: advice

5: Roller ($8.00) - Fun friendlies. I'm starting to understand the ICs MU more.

5: Anther ($8.00) - The glorious return of Anther! Now we just need Judge to come back.

7: Azure Kenny - Didn't play/talk :(

7: Blue Rogue - Nice meeting you.

9: Coco - GGs in pools. I didn't get totally ***** by you this time.

9: Tutu - Wanted to play you :(

9: Duck - You play Brawl?!

9: Gio - Free

13: Tech_Chase - Sorry that I couldn't give you the free $5 :yeahboi: But anyway, thanks for the D3 advice.

17: Juggleguy - Fun friendlies

17: What's The Point - thanks for the stream

17: ORI_bro - Sorry for being too broke to MM you.

17: PzO - PINGAS

25: Thugz - Our pools set was close. GGs.

25: Gifts - Fun friendlies. Sorry that we couldn't MM

25: Auspher - there's........ TWO OF ME?!

------Pools Cutoff-------

33: Xatic - What happened? :(

33: FireCrotchDDD - D3 dittos be silly

33: Apasher - You suck.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
Roller's High Roller Shoutouts!

1: Shugo ($90.00) :falco: :metaknight: :pit: Good stuff winning the tourney! You played the mk vs ics mu extremely well, particularly on bf. I couldn't even touch you there, lol.
2: Sparta Kick ($40.00) :snake: mannnnnnn, I should have just let you win, and taken the easier loser's bracket. XD GGs, glad you came out and placed well. n_n
3: Zinoto ($25.00) :diddy: My boyyyyy, easily one of the top Diddys. Keep this up and everyone will know it in no time. Great stuff beating Lain. Glad our hyperbolic time chamber matchup practicing paid off!
4: Lain ($15.00) :popo: :metaknight: SO MUCH SALT. EVERYWHERE. You should play with us more often. Apparently AA smashfests make people a lot better now.
5: Roller ($8.00) :popo: ...Your name is between Lain and Anther's... HOLY SHIT. Now to get to GFs. :cool:
5: Anther ($8.00) :pikachu2: thrzyyyy, good stuff for your first tourney back. Playing with you this past 2 weeks or so was definitely a huge factor in me being so on my game at this tourney. Always great seeing you. Fifth buddies!!!
7: Azure Kenny :metaknight: :snake: GGs man. Honestly, you should have stayed snake on me. You're much better at the match up with him.
7: Blue Rogue :wario: Thought you would place higher. =o
9: Coco :olimar: Rough bracket man. Nobody should have to play Lain THAT early in losers...
9: Tutu :sheilda: You are a really good player, and a good friend. Please don't quit. =[
9: Duck :falco: Duckkkkkkkkkkk, glad you came, man. You did really well! idk why you're so hesitant to come out more often.
9: Gio :metaknight: Thanks for housing everybody Friday. Really great smashfest!
13: Oblivion :snake: :falco: Great to see you again! Fun friendlies at Gio's. You need to come out more!!!
13: Tech_Chase :dedede: :snake: :warioc: Good job TOing. There were a few issues in the bracket imo, but on the whole really fun tourney.
13: Arc :pit: Nice meeting you! Glad I could inadvertently help you prepare for Ori Climbers. lol
13: Suyon :pit: didn't play, but great job in doubles, and thanks for coming out!
17: Juggleguy :snake: Glad you came and were able to enter. And upheld the sacred tradition of 17th place for brawl->melee & vice versa entrants. XD oh. and good stuff beating THuGz twice. LLLLLL
17: Scala :gw: :falco: Good seeing you, and fun games! Next time, maybe try Yoshi? lol
17: LOE1: The Legend :warioc: Glad you didn't have to play me in tourney for once. lol, fun friendlies tho. Solid placing considering how many good players were here compared to normal.
17: Mr.C :falco: It was fun playing those friendlies with you, especially pika vs mk. lol
17: LordHelmet :falcon: Lordy. How you gonna lose to a wario. Real talk tho, you're a reeeeeally great player. And if you do wind up picking up ICs like you mentioned (or any other top/high tier character) you will be placing very highly.
17: What's The Point :falco: master of sandbagging. At least you stepped up when you represented us vs OH. lol, thanks for driving people! You definitely don't get thanked enough for doing that.
17: ORI_bro :metaknight: :marth: Good seeing you, as always! Sorry you weren't up higher in the bracket taking names with Zinoto and I. =/ oh. and for accidentally preparing arc for your match. =s my bad. Hype for Apex tho!
17: PzO :metaknight: ...no wario?
25: Thugz :metaknight: THuGz. Please stop choking. You are better than this, and I know you know it.
25: Legit :random: didn't play. Thanks for coming, and good stuff making it to bracket!
25: Gifts :metaknight: Good seeing you again! and great Job beating Red in pools, he's definitely legit, and so are you.
25: Red :sheik: Really glad you guys came! Sorry you had such a tough pool. =s Hope to continue seeing you guys, and keep practicing! You definitely have a lot of potential.
25: Amity :snake: -didn't play, but thanks for coming!
25: Auspher :wolf: didn't play, thank you for coming out to an MI tourney tho!
25: BladeYKM :marth: Your set with Duck was really hype. Was hoping to get revenge on you here tho. lol, hope to continue to see you come out to these!
33: Jawsome :pikachu2: Rough pool. =/ Don't get too down about your performance. Most of these people have been playing competitively for years. You definitely have the capacity to get much better. Keep playing with the other West MI guys and practicing up!
33: Rikku :lucario: didn't play, but thanks for coming to an MI tourney!
33: Robjoe :lucario: Thanks for making the trip from West MI! Hope you had fun!
33: Xatic :wolf: You are better than this. :mad: Good seeing you though! Hope you guys enjoyed bdubs. the rest of us wound up going later, after the tourney.
33: FireCrotchDDD :dedede: Fun games, hope you come out to more of these!
33. Jiffyboob :wario: Surprised you didn't make it to bracket. =o Thanks for coming out to MI though! Hope you had fun!
33: SuperTH :fox: :mario2: Thanks for driving all the way out here! Was good to see you again, and I hope you guys come back again soon! We'll definitely be coming to West MI tourneys when you have them! =D
33: Apasher :dedede: You played really well vs THuGz. Sorry to hear about your impending hiatus. Hope to see you back soon!

L_Cancel I WANTED REVENGEEEEE. Please come next time. :( Thanks so much for helping the rest of your car get here tho!

Also. I should have :metaknight: next to my name in doubles, before pikachu. I used him more.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Roller's High Roller Shoutouts!
2: Sparta Kick ($40.00) :snake: mannnnnnn, I should have just let you win, and taken the easier loser's bracket. XD GGs, glad you came out and placed well. n_n
yoo... I think there were more chances to lose in my bracket though..... because Zinoto was ****** everything in sight.

D

Deleted member

I should have both :wolf: and :lucas: next to my name.

Roller, I saved some replays on your Wii. Could you upload those please?

Roller

Smash Legend
I posted in some other thread I namesearched into about this, but I do not have the capability to upload. However, I am willing to send the replays to you, or someone else who can. Just let me know who played in the matches, and what characters/tags they were using, so I know which replays.

Also, I have a tonnnn of work this coming week, so they probably wont be sent until thursday at the earliest.

D

Deleted member

I posted in some other thread I namesearched into about this, but I do not have the capability to upload. However, I am willing to send the replays to you, or someone else who can. Just let me know who played in the matches, and what characters/tags they were using, so I know which replays.

Also, I have a tonnnn of work this coming week, so they probably wont be sent until thursday at the earliest.
Just sent ya a PM. Looking forward to them. :3

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Shoutout to all the MKs on the bottom half of the results: You guys better step it up, are you trying to post-pone the ban or something?

Shoutout to Tutu: Thanks for the compliment on my dedede 5 seconds in to our match. Still loving the sheik.

The guy I did the money match with: GGs man, hopefully we can have a rematch sometime.

TC: you're in the BBR, why didn't you win?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Lordy's High Helmet Shoutouts!

1: Shugo ($90.00) :falco: :metaknight: :pit: Didn't get to play you unfortunately :/ $1MM next time for ****s and tickles
2: Sparta Kick ($40.00) :snake: wow
3: Zinoto ($25.00) :diddy: GGs man, you destroyed!! I'll be playing you again soon
4: Lain ($15.00) :popo: :metaknight: sup
5: Roller ($8.00) :popo: 5th with these players is ****ing good! Way 2 go buddee
5: Anther ($8.00) :pikachu2: Good to see ya again. Still haven't played you, not that I really want to :pikachu2: :falcon:
7: Azure Kenny :metaknight: :snake: Too legit. I'll take you up on teaming if you're serious :mad::c you still need to teach me Falco/Snake
7: Blue Rogue :wario: GGs in pools! Close set but you proved the better player :p until next time..!
9: Coco :olimar: I enjoyed doing ****ty/tired doubles with ya, hope to see you when I get to another event
9: Tutu :sheilda: What's going on man? I better see you at the next event!
9: Duck :falco: Good friendlies! You're really good for a ********
9: Gio :metaknight: Would've liked to be there Friday, next time? We'll need to do some friendlies sometime
13: Oblivion :snake: :falco: You and SK are broooke in teams!
13: Tech_Chase :dedede: :snake: :warioc: Your set with SK was ****in' hype. Better be scared next time we face in bracket
13: Arc :pit: :salt: I really wanted to win, but I can't complain. You're a really solid player, GGs
17: Scala :gw: :falco: Yoooo hope to see you again soon! Fun friendlies ;P
17: LordHelmet :falcon: 17th is mehhh, tough crowd though. Better luck next time buddy
17: ORI_bro :metaknight: :marth: Many thanks for housing! The breakfast was great and I slept really well!
25: Thugz :metaknight: MM soon? Good few friendlies we had, let's play more next time
25: Red :sheik: Good one friendly lol, let's try to get a few more games in next event
25: Amity :snake: GGs in bracket, don't feel too bad about 25th everyone here was really good
33: Jawsome :pikachu2: xD We will play eventually!
33: Robjoe :lucario: Quite the adventure, huh? I can't wait 'til we do it again!
33: Xatic :wolf: Yooo you had a bad day. Ori's was fun and your voice makes me laugh even if you don't say anything funny
33: FireCrotchDDD :dedede: FireCrotch FireAss
33: SuperTH :fox: :mario2: You're a real trooper for driving! Next time we'll get L and he won't keep trying to kill us

L_Cancel I WANTED REVENGEEEEE. Please come next time. :( Thanks so much for helping the rest of your car get here tho!

^^

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
daaaaaaaaaamn good **** to Zinoto and Roller for pooping on some legends at this

AA Brawl is definitely looking up, especially with Anther back in town. Fun tourney.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Yo, I think L_Cancel is tryin' to kill West MI. So much car shenanigans and crash fodder the whole trip. He cancelled for a reason.

I blame my pool. That's all I'm sayin'...

Not that I would have won a bracket match, mind. Still, props to everyone that beat the ever-loving crap outta my characters, I learned quite a few things this time around, and I'm starting to see more legitimate reasons to use Mario of all characters. Guess he'll stay my main instead of my Sheik/Pikachu counterpick and have Fox take the Snake/D3 fighter slot instead of all-around main.

Specific shout outs... later.

Also, Robjoe never picked a Lucario the entire day. He was Wolf with a ZSS secondary. I think he popped out a Marth v. Peach one round in friendlies...

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
fun tourney

thanks to SK for spotting me on my first mm

shoutouts to zinotos peach

shoutouts to thugz diddy :troll:

JUGGLEGUY VS THUGZ WAS MAD HYPE...........BOTH SETS LMAO

extra shoutouts to thugz for rage quitting the tourney so much that he forgot the calypso he brought to the venue

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
extra shoutouts to thugz for rage quitting the tourney so much that he forgot the calypso he brought to the venue
Yoooo I seen him rage the whole time during bracket. I couldn't help myself and got one of his raging on tape :troll:

Shout-outs later

Top Bottom