• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FYJ | Free Venue | ft Armada, Hbox, Axe?? (5 minutes from Apex venue!!)

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
apex is in a few days, and there's nothing going on the week before it?

anyway i'm gonna open my house up and see how many people i can get. if the turnout is good i'll make it a NO VENUE tournament, either $5 or $10 depending on what people want. i've got 4 TVs and 2 setups for melee. sup?

22 Bartle Road
Somerset NJ 08873

seriously 5 minutes from the apex venue

**** your hangovers
**** your jobs
**** your girlfriends
**** your johns

bring setups and cash. i'll $1 moneymatch anyone who comes through.

LLDL

Smash Hero
This is literally 3 miles from the Apex Venue / Hyatt / Heldrich Hotels! Anyone who might be coming out of country or out of state and staying in the area or hotels the week before the tournament should definitely come!

Attendance list:

1. Smelly Cat
  2. Shoopman
  3. NjzFinest
  4. Keitaro
  5. Eazy
  6. Pyro
  7. Chain-Ace
  8. StriCNYN3
  9. Yuri
  10. h3aderon
  11. twizzlerj
  12. PB&J
  13. Wake
  14. kSo
  15. dmbrandon
  16. TheDekuNut
  17. Dan-Zodiac
  18. Nintendude1189
  19. DaShizWiz
  20. SmashMac
  21. bolt
  22. Cam_factor
  23. aber
  24. pyn
  25. slox
  26. HBK
  27. Nando
  28. Druggedfox

Arriving after singles
  1. Hungrybox
  2. prog
  3. Rocky
  4. Armada
  5. Hack
  6. Zoler
  7. Axe
  8. Vectorman
  9. Tai

ILM

Smash Journeyman
January 1st? Probably gonna be too hung over lol, but we'll see.

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
about an hour and 15 minutes away, def worth it for melee practice. have my doubts ill be able to make it though. kinda really want to meet other NJ players too (other than neptune and jason), cause i know they exist! oh well

btw any of you that i havnt already asked live in south jersey?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I live in Central :( about 15 minutes away from Smelly's place.

Just entered Melee at Apex. Gonna be my first real Melee tourney in almost 4 years.

If you come Strict I wanna do a serious set against you. 4 years ago we went 1-1 in pools so I wanna see if I can somehow magically make that happen again lol. Wanna see how much better you got.

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
just curious, would anyone not be able to make it if i changed the date to the fifth? D=?

less hangovers and more out of state players will be in NJ at the time

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
lol, i'd say 24 people would be the comfort limit. if i figure out a way to heat my garage then it's more like 60

LLDL

Smash Hero
There won't be any drinking at this haha, since it's his home.

But yeah the date says Jan 1, but we're leaning towards the 5th, especially if people and ooc want to hit this up for some practice!

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
preeeeeeeeeeeetty sure you can count 4 of the 5 swedes in if it's on the 5th:
Me
Armada
Hack
Zoler
Maybe leffen too but dunno when his plane arrives

LLDL

Smash Hero
Awesome, do you guys need a ride here from the hotel or elsewhere?

Deathknight

Smash Ace
I just want to know where this stuff of hosting on a Thursday came from? If it's on a Thursday I probably won't go because I have to work and I probably won't feel like smashing after.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I just want to know where this stuff of hosting on a Thursday came from? If it's on a Thursday I probably won't go because I have to work and I probably won't feel like smashing after.
It's since it's the day before apex and all of the out of country / state smashers will be in New brunswick area = bigger turnout.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
It's since it's the day before apex and all of the out of country / state smashers will be in New brunswick area = bigger turnout.
Oh, it's good I read this then. I need to request that day off... I thought it was Saturday and Sunday only since I haven't been paying attention. Though this year, I need to actually figure out where you can legally park for free on Friday... last year was just bad.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Oh damn yeah gotta get on that. And Alex said there's parking in the back, but it's going to be first come first serve.

I'm arriving 12am at JFK, I dunno how I'll get there so instructions/ride/anything would be greatly helpful ;).
From JFK airport, take AirTrain to Jamaica, Queens. Then take E train to NY Penn Station.

Then from Penn Station, take the New Jersey Transit to New Brunswick station.

leffen

Smash Champion
Thanks, how long do you think it'll take? and do I need to get tickets beforehand or anything of the like.

Also, how long will this thing go on for? Considering how we swedes will be housed by Gmoney in NYC we'll have to go back and then go to the hotel early during the next day. Is there a possibility that we can stay the night or something ;)?

LLDL

Smash Hero
That I don't think so. Based on that, I'm guessing the rooms are only for the 6th?

Smelly Cat

Smash Journeyman
alright, so this is gonna be that thursday, the fifth.

hotel tourny sounds awesome,are we doing teams at this?
like chain said, if there's enough interest, there'll be doubles/crews/whatever people want

Is there a possibility that we can stay the night or something ;)?
sorry dude, i can't house anyone =(

i'll try to get a picture of the place up sometime soon, but it'll probably be packed unless people miraculously bring space heaters

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
oh damn i have school on the 5th is there any chance it can be changed top the 4th and players will still be able to make it? worst case scenario i would cut but the 4th would be perfect for me since i can only miss 4 days of school before i lose credit.

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
Just looked at other comments saw the international players will make it on the 5th.... looks like i will be cutting school if my parents let me. Its nice to have school just 2 nights a week but sucks i can only miss 4 days.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Just to be clear I'm only giving rides from the venue / hotels / train station and back. So swedes hit me up so we can figure out how you'll get here

Top Bottom