• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 4! 12/18/11 Results! Videos to come in the coming days!

M@v

Subarashii!

BRAWL

Doubles-Mk banned 7 teams
1: boss and logic ($84.00) :luigi2:+:olimar:
2: ally and tech chase ($42.00) :snake::random:+:dedede:
3: goblox and joe ($14.00) :wolf:+:fox:
4: jarvitz and luckay :lucas::zerosuitsamus:+:pikachu2::pit:
5: col and berserker :marth:+:ike:
5: carroll and tedium :zerosuitsamus:+:falco:
7: kazi and lar

Bracket:

Singles:32 entrants
1: ally ($176.00):metaknight:
2: logic ($72.00):olimar::metaknight:
3: Mew2king ($40.00):metaknight:(Forfeited to focus on melee)
4: TO joe ($16.00) :metaknight:
5: Berserker ($8.00):ike:
5: goblox the turkey that will kill us all (aka seagull)($8.00) :wolf::metaknight::falco:
7: the ****(tkck) :metaknight:
7: luckay:pit::pikachu2:
9: M@v:falco::marth:
9: kazii:falco::metaknight:
9: tech chase:warioc: / :dedede:
9: phoenix dark:sonic:
13: SSR:peach:
13: links24:toonlink:
13: crews:samus2::kirby2:
13: denzi:falco:
17: lokii:zerosuitsamus:
17: jarvitz:zerosuitsamus::lucas:
17: space thing:lucario:
17: price
17: arelo:metaknight:
17: hari:pit:
17: monty:snake:
17: Rain:pit:
25: carroll:zerosuitsamus:
25: incom:sonic::marth:
25: tedium:falco:
25: auspher:wolf:
25: fosho:mario2:
25: grafik
25: ninja:sheik::zerosuitsamus:
25: lar

Bracket:

MELEE

Tell me the characters you know!

Doubles:10 teams
1: doh and m2k ($120.00)
2: kirkykaze and unknown552 ($60.00)
3: lake and naka ($20.00)
4: vudujin and abate
5: riddlebox and idea
5: krazyknux and krazy krox
7: vi and boof
7: carroll and jbro
9: sin and lime
9: rzeroh and cavedweller

bracket:

Singles: 31 Entrants
1: Mew2king ($170.50)
2: kirbykaze ($69.75)
3: unknown522 ($38.75)
4: Vudujin ($15.50)
5: abate ($7.75)
5: Krazyknux ($7.75)
7: Weon-X
7: Krazykrox
9: the lake
9: Idea
9: Riddlebox
9: carroll
13: DoH
13: lyme
13: no cash
13: Ramaru
17: Lon
17: Republican0Heaven
17: EJ
17: boof
17: nakamaru
17: tumor
17: sin
17: silentSWAG
25: neko
25: cavedweller
25: VI
25: avro
25: dr.steinbock
25: slamus
25: jbro

Bracket:

Thanks to everyone that attended! I appreciate you guys supporting my events!

I also want to make clear a new rule that will be enforced starting at the next hope: "If a player wishes to forfeit a match, and it is not for a reason brought up with and approved by the TO, that player will also forfeit the ability to claim any prize money he/she might have made from the event they forfeited in. The prize money they do not claim will be split among the rest of the entrants who placed in money for the event. If the event is an emergency, or a situation that physically disallows the player to play, such as a carpool leaving early, this does not apply."***

***=This rule is subject to further revising

M@v

Subarashii!
I have replays on my wii, seagull has replays on his as well, and I know one melee setup had most of the big matches recorded.

Shoutouts from me coming at you all tomorrow :)

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Ggs everyone, this felt more like a vacation then a tourney really, was great comin out to the US again, too fun:)

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Fun tournament. Shoutouts to come later =)

Pre-shoutout-shoutout to M2K for knocking me out of my chair and helping me in the Falcon MU :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
BS getting into the money.

I'll have to stop being mean to him now.

wait wtf why is there an :ike: surrounded by :metaknight: placements?

M@v

Subarashii!
Because he's that damn good. He almost had TO joe too. Took him to game 3 and I'm pretty sure he had him quite worried.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ike player from the crew I'm in (Global enterprises). He's been ranked in PA before; he just hasn't been to many tournaments recently. Pretty sure he will have enough tourneys to be ranked this season though :)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
First I hear of a EU Ike getting 7th/60 now BS getting 5th/32

Why there so many good placings for Ike this weekend?

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm pretty hyped he placed well today, even though that meant knocking me out of bracket for the first time :urg: Really wish he would of gotten the win on Joe, he was so close to coming in 4th.
#Ihatecastlesiege

M@v

Subarashii!
Berserker would likely beat you Nasty. >.>

P.S Ally if you see this post everyone you used to advance in singles bracket with. I know you used mk the most, but he wasn't the only one.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
beserker prob shudda beat me i was playing really bad in losers though i was sding prettt well, he missed alot of stuff but im not complaining lmaoo

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Making shout outs now.

Quick shout out to Doh for drivin M2k, me, and No cash. He's dropping No Cash off right now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
GOD the back seat... hurts so much... ;-;

1: Mew2king - Good **** with singles. Lolz at Rockman 4. Hard as ****. I can’t do anything to your shiek. Big car? HOW WOULD WE HAVE FIT 5 PPL. D: < You also owe me a meal. ;o

2: kirbykaze – Nice playing you again. I might have played a lot at Pound 5, so maybe that’s why I improved, since I didn’t play smash till the day before Hope. (at No johns)

4: Vudujin – Good seeing you again dude

5: Krazyknux ($7.75) – Good **** at the tourney man. I tried my hardest against your fox. I look forward to playing your fox again.

7: Weon-X – Nice playing you in teams bro, it was fun.

7: Krazykrox – Good stuff. Nice shine gimps on No cash lol. I know he tried his best too. We should play next time.

9: Idea – Nice playing you again. I guess I forgot how you looked like… It’s been a while, ok? Lol.

9: Riddlebox – Good playing ya again. I didn’t find a Burger king anywhere.

9: carroll – YOOOO I made it. Oh god… it took forever… to get here… fuuuuuckkk. Good **** in singles man. I tried to beat Knux to play ya but that was not easy hahaha…

13: DoH – Thanks for driving us man! My leg was having technical difficulties, which was why I was limping. Anyways, very good **** in driving from DC > PHILLY > NANUET > PITTSBURGH > PHILLY man! I dunno how you do it. And plus your nap was 15 minutes, damn. Oh yeah I didn’t sleep the whole ride… I couldn’t sleep. I’ll sleep now tho. Anyways, sorry to hear you messed up in singles. Maybe it was because you were tired? I dunno. I’d rather hit one day tournies… less tiring, and less expensive.

13: no cash – KURTTTT. Man. We both did ok. We tried to continue, but we couldn’t. We can do it next time. Also good **** with laying side by side in the ****ing tight *** space of doom that was suffocating my leg. God. Uncomfortable. Loool.

13: Ramaru – LOL no N. Good stuff… still got a looonnngg way to go.

17: Lon – Good stuff man. I honestly think you might have had a chance against me as Fox. Don’t stop trying man. Look forward to playing ya again.

17: Republican0Heaven – Yo I played you, but I don’t remember which guy you were. I do remember I was rite next to ya when you signed up…

17: nakamaru – Good stuff man. Damn. Falcon so ****ing… HARRDDD. Also Boss vs You was pretty tight… ****ing gotta work so ****ing hard to beat Falcon… ARRRHHHHHHH

17: sin – Yo man. Congrats on your first tourney man! You did pretty well for your first one man. I know the Link match up tho, and it’s fun to play. I loovvvee gimping a Link. hahaha

17: silentSWAG – Yooo man. I actually didn’t get to play you. Maybe next time dude. Thanks for housing us man! My leg is a bit better. I dunno wtf it is lol. Thanks for the oatmeal! Also sorry if we were a bit loud, we appreciate what you did for us.

25: neko – Good stuff. Glad to see a girl playing MELEE (and I mean entering). Good stuff. You’ll notice that it’s pretty difficult to start as a beginner, but you didn’t seem to gripe about it. I do suggest reading up on guides on Smashboards, and just sticking around the smash scene for a while. You won’t get GOOD fast, but you can get a grip of the basics if you do stick around. You’ll start getting it… and that’s when things get a bit interesting.

25: cavedweller – Yo man! Good peach. You punished me well… I had to be on point to beat you hahaha.

25: avro – Did I play you in friendlies?

25: dr.steinbock – Yoo man. Rep Doc! Was fun playing you. I don’t remember what I told you tho… loool.

25: jbro – Did I play you in friendlies?

----

Vyse - Nice playing ya man! I'm sure I played you at Scar's tournies in philly, because I remember specifically playing a Doc from Pittsburgh. Also fun double doc man... and doc/link haha. Good stuff. Funny how you up b cancel from the right, I can only do it from the left.

SuperSaiyanRonan - Yooo! Too bad we couldn't play some LoL. I didn't intend on playing LoL in Pittsburgh, thus I didn't bring my mouse. We'll play some this week online tho. Also means better connection haha. Thanks for trying tho.

Logic - Hi. I was that guy in the room. In silent swags house. This is all.

Guy that was at Sbarro - Sorry I forgot your name. Anyways, shout outs to you!

I'm sure I played a few others that haven't entered. Sorry if I haven't remembered your name. I'm sure I had fun playing you!

Life

Smash Hero
1: ally ($176.00):metaknight: REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY... lol j/k, grats on first
2: logic ($72.00):olimar::metaknight: How'm I supposed to get in on Olimar again? -_- Grats.
3: Mew2king ($40.00):metaknight: Juuuuuuuust missed playing you, which is kind of sad, with the MK ban I might never get the chance again...
4: TO joe ($16.00) :metaknight:
5: Berserker ($8.00):ike:
5: goblox the turkey that will kill us all (aka seagull)($8.00) :wolf::metaknight::falco: Nice friendlies thar. Also, ROB-Sonic is definitely not -2 LOL.
7: the ****(tkck) :metaknight:
7: luckay:pit:
9: M@v:falco::marth: Great tournament as always. Also, best MK victory theme ever. trollolololol (And Luckay played Pika)
9: kazii:falco::metaknight:
9: tech chase:dedede::wario:
9: phoenix dark:sonic: da bess
13: SSR:peach:
13: links24:toonlink:
13: crews:samus2::kirby2:
13: denzi:falco:
17: lokii:zerosuitsamus:
17: jarvitz:zerosuitsamus::lucas: I couldn't fall asleep last night, so I'm laying there and I suddenly think "WHY DIDN'T I GO MK GAME 2" :salt: ggz anyway
17: space thing:lucario: Props on that game with Ally. And thanks for getting that pizza...
17: price
17: arelo:metaknight:
17: hari:pit: You outplaced me. d(^_^)b
17: monty:snake:
17: Rain:pit:
25: carroll:zerosuitsamus:
25: incom:sonic::marth: Get better, scrub.
25: tedium:falco:
25: auspher:wolf:
25: fosho:mario2: Great hanging as always.
25: grafik
25: ninja:sheik::zerosuitsamus:
25: lar

As always, great tournament.

LLDL

Smash Hero
No Cash and Ranmaru went kinda beast mode, no johns and hope 4? That's like 7 hours away lol.

Edit: Also

17: silentSWAG
lololol

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
THE BERSERKER SAWORDSMAN!!!!!!
This kid = too good. :bee:

Good ****, GE, getting 3/3 in Top 10 placings :D, things are looking good going into APEX! M@v, you're the one with the power, BAN CASTLE SIEGE :c. That stage is bull**** anyway.

P.S. Also, M@v, I TOLD you you'd outplace the Soviet Union!

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
I like that M2k focused on melee :) Also what happened to Silentswag? Also man I should have rode with Philly ppl to this sigh... See everyone at APEX

jbro

Smash Ace
Shoutoooouut pooooost.

First off, thanks Mav.. the HOPE series continues to be sick. I know things got a little backed up near the end but I'm quite sure everyone had a good time.

WHAT UP MELEE BROS

1: Mew2king ($170.50) - didn't play with you, but saw your last few matches. stayed solid. congrats.
2: kirbykaze ($69.75) - you know i love you. i'll definitely try to work your advice into my sheik game. i've still got a lot to learn.
3: unknown522 ($38.75) - real good set with kk. good ****.
4: Vudujin ($15.50) - vuDOOOOOOjin. unreal. still my favorite western PA player to watch. pretty sure HOPE is like your home-field advantage of sorts.
5: abate ($7.75) - yooooo, come to weeklies more. you are a beast. fun friendlies (even though you kicked the **** out of me)
5: Krazyknux ($7.75) - i no longer feel bad getting knocked out of the tourney by you after seeing what you accomplished afterwards. wv went hard.
7: Weon-X - the quiet killer. good times on the drive out to the venue.
7: Krazykrox - same **** as your krazy bretheren.. you guys were getting off. good match taking us out in doubles. if you guys didn't have to play each other, who knows what would have happened.
9: the lake - why don't we do our own commentary? how unreal would that be? but good stuff at the tourney, JUST GET ONE MORE KICK. also i wish to learn all of the stats in mario tennis.
9: Idea
9: Riddlebox
9: carroll - i know we're both kinda sour about singles, but yoooooo first two doubles wins as a team. the first of many, mah doo.
13: DoH
13: lyme
13: no cash
13: Ranmaru - we probably did play friendlies, but i don't think we formally met. sup dude, i'm jbro. also i fixed your name here. wooooooo
17: Lon - bro, you need to come over to the apartment more and get some games in. for real.
17: Republican0Heaven - sorry if i messed this up, but i'm assuming you're also rzeroh. real fun doubles match. you guys definitely could have beat us, but i had possibly the best game of my short smash career.
17: EJ
17: boof
17: nakamaru - good times as always, my man. going out after tourneys seems to be as fun if not more fun than the tourneys themselves.
17: tumor
17: sin
17: silentSWAG - lol what how did johny place way down here? sorry if you got ****ty matchups early on, bro.
25: neko
25: cavedweller - same as roh. great match.
25: VI
25: avro
25: dr.steinbock - DOOOOC STEINBOOOOCK can't wait for another away tourney so we can actually hang out (not that we can't at home, but these are always more fun when you're there)
25: slamus - thanks for calling radioshack, this is slamus. oh, hi mom. yoooooo i heard you took a game from m2k on the sickest zair read of all time. hilarious. good ****.
25: jbro - even when i tie for last i somehow end up at the bottom of the list. fml.

OTHER SHOUTOUTS TO WHOEVER

Any of the Canada bros I didn't mention/weren't on the list. I'm sorry I don't know all of your tags, but you guys were fun as hell and you're more than welcome to stay at our place again sometime.

Anyone I didn't mention that I played friendlies with (in both Melee and Brawl). Again, I don't know everyone's tags off by heart, but I didn't play one game at the tourney that I didn't enjoy.

I think I'm finally done. Great tourney, love you all.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Sleep johns

Also I drove over 1000 miles in two days on a total of 7 hours of sleep johns, so you all can suck it

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yo Mav: My characters should actually be :warioc: / :dedede:

I used wayyy more fat plumber man at this then I did fat penguin monarch.

Shoutouts sometime this afternoon. Gotta get Ally to the bus station now.

Also TO Joe is one of my favorite Canadians now <3 Just had to say that early.

Top Bottom