• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2011 Send-Off Tournament

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The 2011 Send-Off Tournament

Hey guys, with everyone polishing their skills for apex, seems like a good time to get some small quick tournies in. I'm looking to host a 4 man, double elimination tournament this Friday, December 30th. I think between 2:00-4:00 PM (eastern time) is a good time. That means all sets will be completed in a 2 hour window, so entrants should set aside a 2 hour block to play their matches. Entrants must be on kaillera at 2:00 PM with the name they use on this thread, and should begin playing their games immediately.

I am going to make this a rated tournament, meaning it will follow the guidelines of the SBR Online Rating Project. This means North American players only.

Rules will be that of the backroom recommended ruleset, though set sizes will not be the same as the suggested ones. All sets will be a best of 3, with the exception of the grand final which will be a best of 5. If a second grand final set is forced by the winner of the losers bracket, it will also be best of 5.

Just 4 players guys, we can do this.

I'm not posting this in the smash 64 competitive events section because no one is gonna go there until it gets FIXED. Please don't move mods, competitve smash must live on! Also I'm not competing in this because my internet sucks right now, I just really want to see the rating system get going.

Example post:

Kaillera Name: Clubbadubba
Available to be on Kaillera 2-4 Friday: Yes (cept not really cuz my internet is trash)

Participants:
1) Chain-Ace
2)
3)
4)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Ah ballin you're so smart, i meant east coast, which might present some problems in other zones? I'm open to time changes just suggest something if you want.

@Star King: I don't really like round robins much, I prefer the elimination games that tournaments provide, but hey if 4 people want to do a round robin I'll change it to that I suppose.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Sigh, no one steppin up. Chain Ace, if we don't have 4 players by 2 tomorrow its canceled. What's the deal guys, no one wants to play online tournies? I'm gonna talk to people at Apex and see if there is interest in having regular quick small tournies.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i feel like signing up since im actually in the US

but i dunno about delay issues, can't host p2p and i dont wanna be up before midday :S

Peek~

Smash Lord
Not sure if should join

Fridays are pretty tricky, Weekends might be better. 5 pm est would be best-earliest time to start imo. Plus its still holiday time, maybe after New Years it would be better?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Oh noes moved to no mans land! We gotta get this fixed. The format of smashboards should not kill competitive online smash.

Yea I'm open to suggestions on time, i realize 2 pm eastern time is 11 am west coast, ugh. I picked 2 because I feel like a lot of people are usually on at 2 and its friday so don't want to cut into weekend festivities especially since its new years weekend. I'm open to time changes, if it were 5 pm eastern would that be good? Chain-Ace can you still do that? Problem is dunno if I can be online for that whole time (not that I would need to be though).

Really, people could "host" their own tournies like this exclusively on kaillera whenever they want and get them rated. I think it would be cool if that was a regular thing. It just really sucks that we can't ever get any competitive stuff going for a decent amount of time.

Top Bottom