• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2012 Smash 64 Video Thread

LLDL

Smash Hero
Shall update soon. Videos are currently being uploaded. If you have videos of your own, post and I shall add them to the OP.

Singles Bracket

King Funk vs valoem
JaimeHR vs King Funk
SuPeRbOoMfAn (fox) vs ownasaurus (pikachu)
Kefit (pikachu) vs firo (fox)
Isai (link) vs clubbadubba (fox)
SuPeRbOoMfAn (falcon) vs Nintendude1189 (mario)
Sensei (fox pikachu) vs Jel (pikachu)
Isai (link) vs kefit (pikachu)
Sensei (fox falcon) vs SuPeRbOoMfAn (pink falcon)
Isai (link) vs JaimeHR (falcon fox)
Firo (fox\falcon) vs clubbadubba (pikachu\falcon)
Nintendude1189 (mario) vs Firo (fox)
King Funk (falcon) vs Knightphox (falcon fox)
King Funk (falcon) vs Kefit (pikachu)
Firo (Green Fox) vs Jel (Fox) 1/2
Firo (Ness) vs Jel (Pika) 2/2
Jimmy Joe (Pikachu) vs Jel (Fox)
Jel (Pikachu) vs Sensei (Fox) 1/2
Jel (Green Fox) vs Sensei (Red Fox) 2/2
Isai (link) vs SuPeRbOoMfAn (falcon) Winners Finals
Nintendude1189(p1) vs JaimeHR(p2)
Nintendude1189 (Mario) vs Megavolt (falcon)
Sensei (red pikachu) vs Kefit (pikachu) [Part 1]
Sensei (red pikachu) vs Kefit (pikahcu) [Part 2]
JaimeHR (samus) vs Kefit (pikachu) Losers Semi-Finals [Part 1]
JaimeHR (samus) vs Kefit (pikachu) Losers Semi-Finals [Part 2]
Isai (link) vs JaimeHR (samus/fox/falcon) Losers Finals
Isai (link) vs SuPeRbOoMfAn (falcon) Grand Finals [Set 1]
Isai (link) vs SuPeRbOoMfAn (falcon) Grand Finals [Set 2, Part 1]
Isai (link) vs SuPeRbOoMfAn (falcon) Grand Finals [Set 2, Part 2]

Doubles Bracket

King Funk+Sensei vs Clubba+Jimmyjoe
King Funk+Sensei vs Chain-Ace+KnitePhox
King Funk+Sensei vs Firo+Ownasaurus
AIR + Black Kats vs KnitePhox + Chain-Ace
Chain-Ace(p1) + KnitePhox(p3) vs Firo(p2) + Ownasaurus(p4)
Sensei + King Funk vs Nintendude1189 Isai
Isai(p1) + Nintendude1189(p3) vs SuPeRbOoMfAn(p2) + JaimeHR(p4) 2v2 WF
Nintendude1189 + Isai vs SuPeRbOoMfAn + JaimeHR GF

Other
Post Apex 2012 64 Friendlies
SSB64 Firo vs Hori Minipad Start button
Firo vs Nintendude1189 Emergency Friendlies
Firo vs SuPeRbOoMfAn 12 Character Battle
Firo vs Sensei Friendlies
JaimeHR vs ???[generic brawl player] Freindlies
King Funk[p1] vs rBN:)[p2]
Sensei vs SuPeRbOoMfAn Final Destination Friendlies

TANK64

Smash Lord
@Firo- First of all- you're very good, better than I thought, and a good fox (I've only seen vids of your Ness before). Second of all, watching your matches with Nintendude was painful. You were playing smart, and your techskill is on point, then you would get killed by a careless mistake. My two biggest beefs are: Not edgeguarding with dtilt, and not edgehogging/forcing him to upB on the stage. I know the timing can be weird, and that Mario's upB is leet but you just kinda let him recover and it cost you. You should of won that set (nothing against Nintendude). Not telling you how to play (or assuming to "teach" anything) just what I noticed from the vid. On another note, you had great stage control, especially for Dreamland, and really forced the matches to be played at your pace which worked to your advantage.

Also, you and Nintendude's DI was on point, which is always nice when watching a vid (and rare lol).

firo

Smash Ace
@Firo- First of all- you're very good, better than I thought, and a good fox (I've only seen vids of your Ness before). Second of all, watching your matches with Nintendude was painful. You were playing smart, and your techskill is on point, then you would get killed by a careless mistake. My two biggest beefs are: Not edgeguarding with dtilt, and not edgehogging/forcing him to upB on the stage. I know the timing can be weird, and that Mario's upB is leet but you just kinda let him recover and it cost you. You should of won that set (nothing against Nintendude). Not telling you how to play (or assuming to "teach" anything) just what I noticed from the vid. On another note, you had great stage control, especially for Dreamland, and really forced the matches to be played at your pace which worked to your advantage.

Also, you and Nintendude's DI was on point, which is always nice when watching a vid (and rare lol).

Thanks for the comments. It was a very close set and there was some mistakes by both of us. Not using down tilt is something I regret and noticed too late, if you watch the third match I finally remembered it.

When the pressure is on in a match like that I have a nasty habit of making some careless mistakes. My edge guard game was lacking in that set. My strategy became just to stay in the center of the stage since Nintendude was very good at getting the grab and gimping. Most of the times when I got killed is when I moved from the center to go in for a kill and I knew that if the game went to the center I could get him. So most of the time I did let him recover but in my mind I was just playing it safe. You can see what happened at 3:25 and 5:30 (where I should have just up smashed). I definitely could have taken that first match, but Nintendude played very well. His DI was better then a lot of the players I had played, and his ability to get out of my drill combos was very good.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Only console noobs woulda thought Firo was a noob. Anyone who plays him online knows he's good. =]

But he needs a low laser game vs mario.

And the lack of Yoshi's in these vids is embarassing.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Just watched Isai vs Boom the series, and wow great sets.

And the lack of Yoshi's in these vids is embarassing.
also, soooo much Pika/Fox/Falcon holy crap >___> . Actually happy Isai went all Link now.

Surprised at the no Kirby, and disappointed at the no Yoshi.

Commentary was pretty good too.

and Valoem is now my favorite smasher xDDDD

Props to everyone who helped run the tourney/record vids/upload.

Battlecow

Play to Win
People always talked about how many random kaillera scrubs used kirby. By and large good/dec players in these vids.

B Link

Smash Lord
Dang, I've never seen Isai play with such intensity in the game deciding match on dreamland. It was like in dbz when they move fast and people with slow eyes can't keep up haha.

Are the other team matches and character battles going to be uploaded?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
it came up with aa the other day, but has isai/malva ever said the exact purpose behind leaving a bomb on a platform after killing the opponent? i always figured it was to let the opponent waste their invincibility frames but it's not confirmed obviously.

pretty amazing matches anyway, though i must say i'm pretty over seeing link - falcon for the next few months.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I've always thought the bomb platform thing was a sort of taunt/mockery.

"teehee i have bombs and you don't!"

"teehee i'm one of the worst characters in the game and i'm STILL beating you!"

"teehee maybe if i give you a bomb it'll even things up yeh?"

asianaussie

Smash Hero
link is great on hyrule, mid-tier at least

i always considered the bomb thing a taunt, as well as practice for frame-perfect non-buffered sh u-airs

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
i just started doing it after isai did it and i do it for taunting purposes. Also jaime vs kefit pt 2 keeps sending me to isai jaime LFs.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I couldn't watch the Sensei vs. Kefit Pika dittos. The most utterly boring matchup to watch in the history of Smash64.

It didn't help that the matches were 10 minutes long...

Sensei

Smash Lord
I couldn't watch the Sensei vs. Kefit Pika dittos. The most utterly boring matchup to watch in the history of Smash64.

It didn't help that the matches were 10 minutes long...
Yea they were pretty boring, though it is funny to hear kefit scream "**** **** ****" and his outbursts once in a while :awesome:

I was going to post about enforcing the timer here but I think it would be more appropriate to make a new thread for that. Look out for that :)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Chain-Ace were you able to get the rest of KnitePhox's vids? He has a lot more teams matches and also me vs. JaimeHR. Thanks for doing all the uploading!

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Player + main char are like the best friends.
Isai go with Link the whole ****ing tournament....simply amazing.
Isai + Link = BFF.

:phone:

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
It will take a bit of time to get my videos up also it seems im missing tapes and im unsure where they are. The only tape I could find was matches I record with me vs some players.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
i thought knite was going to upload teams on my (isai) channel WTF

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah as soon as Knitephox pm's me I'll put them on MAN if he wants. And no prob guys. ^_^

Sangoku

Smash Master
Just watched Grand finals first set. Really really nice match! It was very entertaining, didn't look like a play-to-win tourney match. The commentary was pretty good too.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It will take a bit of time to get my videos up also it seems im missing tapes and im unsure where they are. The only tape I could find was matches I record with me vs some players.
I have 2 tapes of yours. I was told that you left them for other ppl to record on but I guess there was a miscommunication there. PM me your name and address and I'll mail them to you. Please do it ASAP since I'm leaving for college on Monday.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I have 2 tapes of yours. I was told that you left them for other ppl to record on but I guess there was a miscommunication there. PM me your name and address and I'll mail them to you. Please do it ASAP since I'm leaving for college on Monday.
I should have known it was jel's tape, sorry. Thanks for grabbing it anyways.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I should have known it was jel's tape, sorry. Thanks for grabbing it anyways.
Ya sorry guys. I did leave them so others could record matches on them. I think i also left the note pad with info on who played what. If we are unable to find the note pad i could still post the matches with ? vs ? and as we find out who played what I can update it or who ever can update it with the info.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
LOL at my commentary I thought i was a little off topic lol.

I'm looking for the 12 char battle with isai and boom and nintendodude anyone know where they are?

The Star King

Smash Hero
They're on Isai's channel. Unless you meant a 3 way FFA 12 char battle. In which case I have no idea.

Top Bottom