• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smiths Station Smash 1 Results

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Brawl Singles results (30 entrants):

1: TheReflexWonder :wario: :pt: Wario, Pokèmon Trainer ($125)
2: Player-1 :diddy: Diddy Kong ($60)
3: elev8 :popo: :dedede: :peach: Ice Climbers, King Dedede, Peach ($25)
4: 4GOD :dedede: King Dedede ($10)
5: kismet2 :falco: :toonlink: Falco, Toon Link
5: Bill_ :sheik: Sheik
7: Micaelis :warioc: Wario
7: Saint :popo: Ice Climbers
9: Kola :marth: :peach: Peach, Zero Suit Samus
9: Cam :pikachu2: Pikachu
9: Based God :snake: Snake
9: Scatz :yoshi2: :falco: Yoshi, Falco
13: AML :gw: Mr. Game and Watch
13: Ryker :falco: Falco
13: Cheap :sheik: Sheik

Didn't make it out of pools:
LionArmor :fox:
YAWP :falco:
HeroChima :peach:
theONEjanitor :snake: :pit:
Isaac :zerosuitsamus:
Maxwell :luigi2:
Blue :wolf:
Alias :diddy:
JTMerrell :wolf:
TJ :marth:
NinjaFoxx :yoshi2:
Slapy :wario:
Moth :marth:
Tully :olimar:

Brawl Doubles (7 entrants):

1: The Wisconsin Buttery Demands Sacrifice (Reflex + Kismet)
2: Elmo and Cookie Monster - The Duo (elev8 + Bill_)
3: Marvel of a Western Babe (4GOD + Micaelis)
4: Lobsters of Shady Divinity (JTMerrell + Higgins)
5: Revenge of the Dukes (Cam + Ryker)
5: Boys Will Be Boys (Cheap + Duchock)
7: Max and Blue (Blue + Maxwell)

Melee Singles (9 entrants):

1: Cheap
2: TheReflexWonder
3: Ryker
4: AML
5: theONEjanitor
5: Cam
7: NinjaFoxx
7: Kola
9: Duchock

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
SOOOOOO salty I couldn't make it to this. I would like to see any videos if any matches were recorded. I was supposed to win this one (or at least beat Reflex)...But obv people had to cancel on me. HASL II hype.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I played 5 ELO sets at this tournament.

0-2 Micaelis :wario:
2-0 Kola :peach:
2-1 Cheap :peach:
0-2 4GOD :dedede:
2-0 Duchock :ness2:

NinjaFoxX played Yoshi.
Maxwell played Luigi.
Isaac was ZSS.
Blue was Wolf.
TJ was Marth.
Slapy was Wario.
Tully was probably Olimar.
JTMerrel played Wolf.

EDIT: Also, here's a results page on the ASL website. Feel free to comment at the bottom: http://alabamasmashleague.com/Smiths Station Smash I Results.html

Scatz

Smash Champion
I went Falco game 3 to beat Cheap in bracket. Don't know whether you guys are gonna include him or not, but it's up to you. Fun stuff at this tourney. Got to meet new people and old. Salty that I didn't beat everyone, but there's next time. Shoutouts when I'm back at college and settled.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
its sad when i'm the only person that didn't make out of pools that i've heard off. i've been playing this game since before it came out, why am i still not good?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Lmaao best thing i see on this page is cheap and duchoks team name

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'd like to request that the characters used in this tournament be changed to

Peach, Zero Suit Samus

I only used Marth in one match against AML when he cp'd me to Frigate.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
its sad when i'm the only person that didn't make out of pools that i've heard off. i've been playing this game since before it came out, why am i still not good?
That's being prideful bro...thinking that you deserve to do well, and that you're better because you haven't heard of the people above. Practice more, and I'm sure you'll do better. You wrote that awesome article on how to not be a n00b @ Melee, just try to apply those things to Brawl ;)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
itd be interesting to see pools posted up but idk if anyone else cares.

Scatz

Smash Champion
I don't think there were any upsets in pools. I believe I was the only one to come close, but that's it.

Also, I have some vids recorded from the tourney. So, I'll upload them whenever I get a chance at college. The ones I remember off the top of my head were:

Reflex vs Scatz (Pools)
Micaelis vs Scatz (WB)
Micaelis vs 4GOD (WB)
Elev8 vs Scatz (LB)

Don't remember what else was saved.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Hero didn't make it out either.
oh i didn't realize that was him.

That's being prideful bro...thinking that you deserve to do well, and that you're better because you haven't heard of the people above. Practice more, and I'm sure you'll do better. You wrote that awesome article on how to not be a n00b @ Melee, just try to apply those things to Brawl ;)
nah i dont mean it like that. I've seen the level of most of the people who didn't make it out of pools. i should be better, most of them are relatively new to a really competitive tournament level of play, and i assume most of them don't go to tournaments as much as I do. i'm much better at brawl than i am at melee lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'd like to request that the characters used in this tournament be changed to

Peach, Zero Suit Samus

I only used Marth in one match against AML when he cp'd me to Frigate.
That's a Marth.

I used Ike on a CP in pools. Twas entertaining.

That Link/Ganon team needs a runback. More destroying Elev8 and watching Billy carry.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Great tournament. I had a lot of fun seeing all you guys again. Looking forward to HASL2. I'll get a car together and talk more about it in the thread.

Notable Matches for Me This Tournament:
vs Saint: 2-0 Micaelis
vs Scatz: 2-0 Micaelis
vs Cam: 2-1 Micaelis
vs Player-1: 2-1 Micaelis ($5 MM)
vs Kismet: 2-1 Kismet ($5 MM)
vs Bill_: 2-0 Bill_
vs 4GOD: 2-0 4GOD

SHOUTOUTS!:

Luis - Congratulations on winning once again; proving you are a champion. I want to come visit and I'll talk to you about it soon. Enjoyable as always to see you.

Hunter - Congratulations on your continued exemplary performance. You were playing amazingly well like always. Thanks for staying up and guiding me back last night. Also, try not to trip around campus... you might lose $5.

Raf - Happy Belated Birthday once again! Hope the rest of your night was enjoyable. I'll definitely chat you up every once in awhile and talk to you about coming to visit sometime soon. I still want that MM :p maybe at HASL2 if you attend.

Jorge - Great job in bracket. Guess we both lost to intelligent players in our bad MUs. Still can't believe you timed me out though... like that MU isn't bad enough as it is. Tisk tisk. Next time perhaps.

Calvin - We should chat more often. About just stuff in general but Brawl things too. You're one of the most intelligent Brawl players I've ever played and your knowledge, ability to adapt, and choice selection are amazing. I'll get you next time... I came close like normal but alas.

Billy - Sorry for getting so frustrated in our match Billy. I just view Sheik as a fast D3 with bad defensive options and I hate that type of character. I'm going to just improve, get my smash DI perfect, and work on punishing your lack of defensive options and see what I get next time. You're a great player and sorry again. Also, your IHOP drink survived... THIS time.

Micaelis - You were playing fine, just lost to 2 of your least favorite match-ups. I dunno what you have to do. Either just keep at it or find a back-up character. We'll see :/

Saint - Glad to finally play you. I super super apologize for talking excessively about the time out/3 stock in pools. The two back-to-back just made me want to tell others about it. It wasn't meant as a slight towards you at all. You played well. I just think you need to work on a couple of technical things and match-ups. I hope you can make it out to more tournaments in the future and we get to play again. You seemed really nice/chill. Looking forward to our next encounter.

Kola - "CHOKE!"

Cam - Great matches and good talks. You did well this tournament and your Pikachu was amazing. I could definitely see improvement to a large degree. Looking forward to seeing more at HASL2.

Nice1 - Nice seeing your washed up *** again. Next time though... $50 MM between my Wario and your Snake in Street Fighter. It's happening.

Roderick - I really think you're top 5 Yoshis. And I absolutely love seeing/hearing both your drive to become better and your new mentality about winning matches. I really think with both of them you're going to reach that top 5 status, even down at school.

Angelo - I totally thought you were going to beat Saint. Oh well, good job anyways and glad to see you make it out.

Ryker - DUDE! What was with the bracket? I had to play everyone I didn't want to play! lol jp. Good time seeding it with you and fun talks. We should play at the next tournament. I always need more good Falco practice.

Russell - Great games as always. Your comeback with Sheik game 2 was both smart and technically genius. Your Sheik is looking good. Just be careful about sticking your body to close to my motorcycle. It doesn't like that ;) vroom vroom.

Harris - So glad you made it out to an OoS tournament. I hyped you up a bit but it was deserved. I had a lot of compliments and even some "Why isn't he PR'd?". Goes show you're good, you just need some more experience. Hope you come out again.

Chima - Don't feel bad about your performance. You just have to keep at it and keep practicing; you did fine. Everyone has rough days and/or hard/bad pools for them. It's how you use that experience that makes you a good or bad player.

theONEjanitor - Keep at it man, don't let it get you down. Find some good players and get those friendlies in and ask questions. Your pool looked pretty difficult too though.

Levi - I hope you like your half-and-half with a little bit of YOUR FACE! Also, sorry we didn't get to play, I was called away almost instantly to do brackets when you asked, lol sorry.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Angelo - I totally thought you were going to beat Saint. Oh well, good job anyways and glad to see you make it out.
I bet Saint thought that as well lol. Game 1 I was up two stocks to his one and lost it from two grabs I believe (maybe more grabs if he dropped). Game 2 I 3 stocked him. Game 3 I was up 2 stocks to his 1 again and ended up losing. I just have to work on my consistency. Same thing against Kola in loser's bracket. Against his Peach I was winning up until about 30 seconds left. But since I'm not a time out kind of person, I elected to take him out or at least keep fighting, so he hit me with a turnip or two then floated around for the timeout win :p I should just learn that in a competitive environment, a win is a win! Second game against his marth I was up 2 stocks to his 1 on Frigate...and I have no idea what happened, but I lost. I just need to work on my consistency and keeping my lead. I feel that more experience will help me do that. I obviously improved. Same types of things happened against Ryker in both brawl pools and melee winner's and loser's bracket. I'll get that consistency down, though :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Whoa there, I'd like to clear something up.

Peach vs G&W- I never time people out. You played on the outskirts after your first stock and made it so where I had to approach you through the terrain changes of Pokemon Stadium. You had the lead up until the last 30 seconds of me playing Cat and mouse and managed to actually land a turnip to fsmash then I ran away at the last 12 seconds.

I was up 2-1 on the Marth vs Game and Watch, and just landed a lucky tipper to make it a two stock

I think the people outside of like the top players of both GA and AL just need to learn spacing and making smarter choices to not lose leads or lose to Saint. simple

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dude, you played sooooooooooo passively in our first match on PS1. I looked up and saw the timer at 20 seconds and said, "Welp. I know what I'm doing."

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I've no say on if you are or aren't, but if you should know the answer by comparing yourself to the top 3 of your state.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Whoa there, I'd like to clear something up.

Peach vs G&W- I never time people out. You played on the outskirts after your first stock and made it so where I had to approach you through the terrain changes of Pokemon Stadium. You had the lead up until the last 30 seconds of me playing Cat and mouse and managed to actually land a turnip to fsmash then I ran away at the last 12 seconds.

I was up 2-1 on the Marth vs Game and Watch, and just landed a lucky tipper to make it a two stock

I think the people outside of like the top players of both GA and AL just need to learn spacing and making smarter choices to not lose leads or lose to Saint. simple
Dude, you played sooooooooooo passively in our first match on PS1. I looked up and saw the timer at 20 seconds and said, "Welp. I know what I'm doing."
Oh sorry, guys (and Saint). I wasn't saying that I shouldn't have lost or that they weren't good sets. I guess I remembered the Marth match wrong as well :p I wasn't saying I'm some awesome player who's bad at one or two things. I was just musing on how my consistency could use some improvement and responding to Micahel. Michael thought I would beat Saint. I did not know either way. Maybe I could have beaten all three of you. Maybe not. I know that I have a lot to work on in my game, and I just treat every match, win or loss, as a learning experience. I also was not complaining about the time out against me. I have been timed out plenty of times. All I was saying was that you were the better competitive player. It was a tournament, loser's bracket even, and I did not try to get a timeout win, which gave me the loss. All that being said, I wish I had more opportunities to play all of you. I had close matches with all three of you, and the whole tournament was a lot of fun!

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Just keep in mind that the next time we meet in tournament, I'm playing you with Roy. God knows it's going to be Melee again.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Hopefully I make it to the one coming up on the 28th! I can't remember which of ius won last time you used Roy, but it's always fun playing you, Ryker :p (melee or brawl...although we should play some 64 as well!)

Top Bottom