• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthly #1

BSP

Smash Legend
Baton Rouge Monthly #1
1/15/2012

Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles Results
6 Entrants (:glare:)

1: Taylor ($18.00) ?

2: V ($9.00) :kirby:

3: wangsterbaiter ($3.00) :sheik:

4: Dylan ?

5: Forlorne ?

6: pingding ?

Round Robin Image: Ok, Tio is being silly >.>

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles Results
8 Teams

1: MAR & BSP (MAR & BSP) ($48.00) :diddy: & :sonic::luigi2:

2: us/you (Byron & .D) ($24.00) :metaknight: & :diddy:

3: 1700ELO (Okuser & Gunner) ($8.00) :metaknight::snake: & :pikachu2:

4: SuperHotFireCombo (Cows & Zigsta) :pikachu2: & :bowser2:

5: Kyle's Gay (Thomas & Caleb) :lucas: & :gw:

5: V & Sarah (V & Sarah) :peach: & :marth:

7: Ottozone (Ty & LVL9Comp) :snake:

7: Bomber & Pingding (Bomber & Pingding) ? & :peach:

Bracket

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Results
20 Entrants

1: .D ($40.00) (Split due to Venue Closing) :metaknight: :snake:

2: BSP ($30.00) (Split due to Venue Closing) :luigi2::sonic::mario2:

3: MAR ($20.00) :diddy:

4: Byron ($10.00) :diddy:

5: V :peach:

5: Gunner :pikachu:

7: Running Bull :gw:

7: Zigsta :bowser2::jigglypuff:

9: Cows :pikachu2:

9: Ray :toonlink:

9: Sarah :marth:

9: Okuser :metaknight:

13: BlueBomberXTJ :zerosuitsamus::samus2:

13: Bomber :pt:

13: ESO :lucas:

13: Ty :snake:

17. wangsterbaiter :marth::sheik:

17. BSL :olimar::luigi2:

17. pingding :peach:

17. Shadow ?

Bracket

Pool Results: Tio still being silly >.>

So, TO notes:

First, how do you get TIO to save Round Robin Images? :confused:

Ok, the actual tournament...It was awesome! I want to say thank you to every single person that came out. All of you made my first tournament a blast, and it couldn't have happened without you guys! Again, thank you all for showing up. Expect more BRMs in the future, and on Saturday :bee: I will be messing with the ruleset a bit, so pay attention

I think everything went well, except for time. Brawl is a very slow game, so in the future, do not expect pools unless we have like.....a 30 person tournament. They take a lot of time, and everyone can just play friendlies to get games in, even if you go 0-2 in tournament.

Also, as you all may have noticed, I'm a bossy TO. If I didn't communicate this before, here it is now, and it will apply to all future BRMs:

Money Matches during events (Singles or Doubles) are prohibited unless both players are out of bracket, or unless I approve them.

I, the TO, reserve the right to stop any Money Match that is holding up the Bracket. I don't care how far you are into it, and how you're going to finish, but if it's holding up anything, it's stopping.

Friendlies will be stopped immediately if a tournament match that needs to be played comes up.

Coaching while players are IN A MATCH is prohibited. Sorry, I think that seeing habits, stopping your own habits, etc. is something the tournament is supposed to test, and we shouldn't get help in this. In-between game coaching is acceptable.

I will not have ~20 other people waiting for one MM. If you want to MM anyone, ask me when Bracket is well under way, wait until you are both eliminated, or just do them before we start. Brawl is too slow to be waiting for MMs. I will enforce this rule, so don't try me :smirk:

Aside from that, I will be contacting LT very soon to set up the next BRM. It was a blast guys, and let's make future ones even better!

Shoutouts:

1: .D ($40.00) (Split due to Venue Closing) - Facey, you did great at this tournament. All the way to GFs in winners, good ****! I had no idea you had a snake too....why don't you use him in MK banned BRMs? Good stuff bro

2: BSP ($30.00) (Split due to Venue Closing) - Decent TO'ing, but watch the time better. No pools unless absolutely necessary. Playing wise....just messing up the simple stuff and you'll be good :bee:

3: MAR ($20.00) - Another person that is proof that Wifi DOES make a difference. Nice meeting you, and good stuff in teams. If we team in the future, I'll try harder to be a better teammate. We were doing fine in 1 v 1 situations, but we could always improve our teamwork. Either way, nice meeting you, good job, and I hope to see you at more tournaments

4: Byron ($10.00) - Good stuff today. You gotta learn that Mario vs. Sonic MU! I saw that you also went in on your pool, so congratz

5: V - always a pleasure seeing you Vaughn. Thank you for coming and ggs.

5: Gunner - I hate Pikachu :mad: ggs and thanks for coming

7: Running Bull - our set was mad hype....until I went-a-Luigi :bee: Real talk though, your getting better dude, just keep at it! I don't think I'll be going Sonic vs. you anymore lol

7: Zigsta - nice seeing you again, and our set was awesome. I'm glad that my first Bowsercide death in tournament was from you :p Good stuff and I hope to see you in the future, and good luck in California

9: Cows - GGs and thank you for coming out

9: Ray - GGs and thanks for coming out. I hate toon link soooo much bro, I have bad memories from playing Hyro LOL.

9: Sarah - GGs and thanks for coming out. We should play Mario kart some time. Maybe I'll bring MKW next time. Or someone could bring Double Dash. That'd be hype.

9: Okuser - GGs and thanks for coming out

13: BlueBomberXTJ - You can never quit brawl :p Yo, with the addition of BRM, Louisiana should have at LEAST 3 tournaments a month. You have reason to play brawl, so keep practicing please!

13: Bomber - Pleasure seeing you again Bomber, you're a cool guy. I don't think we played this time around tho :o Thanks for coming out.

13: ESO - Thanks for coming out, and props for sticking to Lucas! You should look up Mekos videos if you haven't already, I'm sure you'll see some new tricks

13: Ty - GGs and thanks for coming out yo

17. wangsterbaiter - Nice meeting you and I'm glad you guys made it out I hope to see you in the future. Don't be discouraged either. I started out getting 13th/17th as well, just keep on practicing!

17. BSL - Did you get any Up Bs? LOL, nice seeing you and thanks for the TV help.

17. pingding - Nice meeting you, and pretty much what I said to wangsterbaiter. Please come out in the future!

17. Shadow - IDK if you even have an SWF account, but it was nice meeting you, and I hope you come to future events

NOLA - Where we you guys at? Oh yeah, Jnig had work......Well, next BRM should be on Saturday, so no excuses then!

Laffy- Come on guys, you missed a 20 man tournament! Get over here next time.

@Jnig

I got all set counts and all that stuff for PR purposes, so just tell me when you need them.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Cows used Pikachu, Ty used Snake, and ping used Peach. Bluebomber also went Samus on me, and I should have Jigglypuff next to my name as well.

Will post shoutouts tomorrow.

:phone:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Cows, Ty, and ping used the same character in both events.

Thomas is also ESO.

BSP

Smash Legend
Thanks, but that was also addressed to you lol. Did you use Jiggs in doubles?

Jio, I see you lurking. You better come to the next BRM!

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Hope u got some matches recorded, I wanna see what went down this tourney. Oh **** Facey got a Snake too?! Good job BSP in placing and TOing. MAR and dat wifi practice. Hopefully I'll get to play u and Byron whenever we all show up at the same tourney I love the Sonic & Diddy MU. Zigsta with dat low tier swag.:cool:

BSP

Smash Legend
I used a lot of ZSS this tourney.
Singles, Doubles, or both?

@Brawlman1000 - Some matches were saved, but they were scattered around, and I didn't have a chance to get them all since we kinda ran out of time >.>

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
D.'s snake sucks **** and he knows it.

"You know, knowing BSP, we'll have our results thread up in hours" - Me.

Awesome work with this tourney, and the follow-up thread. And being a good in-charge kinda guy.

Also, even though it went really late, I'm glad we did doubles. It was hype, and fun, and we should do it more.

Esotera

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try to work on a new character for the bad Lucas matches for next tourney. GG Sarah and Bomber and BSL and Zigsta. Really wish you weren't going anywhere but good luck. .D maybe one day you'll stop using meta knight against me ;)

BSP

Smash Legend
D.'s snake sucks **** and he knows it.
The callout!

"You know, knowing BSP, we'll have our results thread up in hours" - Me.
Gotta Go Fast :awesome:

Awesome work with this tourney, and the follow-up thread. And being a good in-charge kinda guy.
Thanks

Also, even though it went really late, I'm glad we did doubles. It was hype, and fun, and we should do it more.
Doubles wasn't the problem. Doing pools was a bad decision on my part. Won't happen again lol, unless we have like 30 ppl, like I said.

I'm going to try to work on a new character for the bad Lucas matches for next tourney.
Broadening your knowledge never hurts

GG Sarah and Bomber and BSL and Zigsta. Really wish you weren't going anywhere but good luck. .D maybe one day you'll stop using meta knight against me ;)
One day? More like next BRM :smirk:

BSP

Smash Legend
Exactly, they take forever, and we could just do friendlies to just achieve the same effect (make sure people play more than 4 games the entire tournament).

Don't worry, all of the bugs are going to be ironed out next time.

BSP

Smash Legend
I probably will

Can you tell me which characters you used in both games?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thanks, but that was also addressed to you lol. Did you use Jiggs in doubles?

Jio, I see you lurking. You better come to the next BRM!
Whoops! I only used Bowser in doubles.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
I just noticed something. Did team Ottozone really have a lvl 9 cpu in it?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
@ BSP -Nice seeing you again. Next tournament, we should take time to sit down and play a couple of friendlies.

@ Byron - You are so ridiculous. Just like a Voodoo Smash, I can't touch you. Your Diddy is bad enough for me but your Mario is just as insane. I plan on getting better so I can take you on and win.

5: V - always a pleasure seeing you Vaughn. Thank you for coming and ggs.

@ Zigsta - It's always a pleasure seeing my favorite Bowser. It sucks that it's an unknown when you are going to California. Gonna miss you. GGs just the same. I'm going to get better with Pt and overcome the Zigsta MU.

@ Cows - I will see you around campus. We definitely will have to play Smash together this semester. I need some Pikachu experience.

@ Ray - GGs man. TL dittos for the win. I had you read for the first half of our match and then like... my mind went blank and I couldn't read you anymore. I was like wtf? I hope to see you at more tournaments so we can TL ditto some more.

@ Sarah - I'm glad we got to see each other again. Your Marth scares me. Look forward to hanging out soon this semester.

@Okuser - GGs bro. I look forward to playing you in future tournaments

@ BlueBomberXTJ - All I can say is thanks. Thanks for going to Luigi's mansion. That was the best match out of the whole tournament that no one got to see. XD

@ ESO - It was nice fighting you again. After our last fight at Voodoo Smash, I was super determined to not lose again to your Lucas. I hope to see you at more tournaments.

@BSL - It was nice seeing you again. I will hopefully see you at more tournaments. Those were some hard core matches we had in pools. They don't compare to any of my other matches I had during any other part of the tournament. Keep working on the Olimar and Luigi. I look forward to fighting you again.

@pingding - It was nice to meet you. Keep working on your character development in Brawl. If you ever need help with PT, you know where to find me.

And to everyone else: smell you later. :p

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
: .D- I'm impressed! I hope that you won't quit brawl now that you did so well at this tourney.

: BSP - Excellent TOing. I can't wait for the next one (hype?)

: MAR - We had a pretty fun MM! I hope you come to more of our tournies, I'd love to **** on you next time.

: Byron - You're the best Byron. Don't quit on us! Great job at this tourney, hope to practice with you soon.

: V - Fun match in pools. I didn't know you had a toon link!?

: Gunner - 5th? Eh. I know I can do better. I need to work on the Diddy match-up, and brush up my ZSS.

: Running Bull - Good ****, and nice job beating me in bracket. You better start working on a CP for ZSS...

: Zigsta - I had the best suicide ever in our match. Good match, and good job 2v1ing eso/running bull in doubles.

: Cows - Pika ditto is fun! If you ever want tips or whatever on some pika stuff, PM me.

: Sarah - Your marth is the best! We had some close matches. Hope to see you and Cows again...

: Okuser - Aha get 2-0'd ***.
Real talk though, you've managed to stay pretty even with us with almost zero practice for months, while I've played more than ever. Keep it up, and start practicing now that you have a brawl disc. Doubles was surprisingly fun, if we could get our stage preferences down...

: BlueBomberXTJ - Samus masta. Get back that ZSS and start brawling with us!

: Bomber - Good job beating ESO, I propose you guys have a money match next tourney.

: ESO - With the MK's still around, looks like you're gonna need that secondary....

: BSL - You almost read that roll. But not today!

: Pingding - Real nice meeting you. Come to more brawl tournies, and read up on that peach!

Everyone else - I either forgot or don't know who you are...

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Hmm, now that I've taken a good look at the bracket/results, it's pretty exciting to see some real competition festering now. Some pretty interesting/unexpected things went down. And finally, some more new(ish) players to enter the scene! I hope you guys keep coming to these tournies, they'll only get bigger and better!

I'll try to come to the next one for sure, I hope we won't time out the venue though... That's something you want to avoid from now on.

BSP

Smash Legend
That's only because I did pools

-> Never again unless 1000% necessary lol

pingding

Smash Apprentice
shout outs to all that i played. BSP that mario is crazy. i have never seen mario that good sarah you have a great marth. bomber your pt is pretty good just not in teams lol jk. V what the your kirby on melee was really good i never thought kirby would be so good

BSP

Smash Legend
If you thought my mario was good, just look up Flameleon lol

Also, staff prefers that you use the edit function if you have the last post in a thread so you don't make 2 posts in a row

Top Bottom