• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthly #2: Salty Runback Edition

BSP

Smash Legend
Venue: Laser Tag of Baton Rouge (Upstairs)
5871 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

[COLLAPSE=Predicted Schedule]

2:30-3:00 Show up; Setup for Tournaments ; Sign ups for Low Tier Doubles

3:00-X - Brawl Low Tier Doubles

3:50 - 4:00 - Sign-ups for Brawl Doubles

4:00 - X - Brawl Doubles

4:50 - 5:00 - Sign-ups for Low Tier Singles

5:00 - X - Low Tier Singles

5:50 - 6:00 - Sign-ups for Brawl Singles

6:00 - X - Brawl Singles

[/COLLAPSE]

2$ Venue Fee for all competitors

Events:

Read This:

[COLLAPSE=TO's rights]

Money Matches during events (Singles or Doubles) are prohibited unless both players are out of bracket, or unless I approve them.

I reserve the right to stop any Money Match that is holding up the Bracket. I don't care how far you are into it, and how you're going to finish, but if it's holding up anything, it's stopping.

Friendlies will be stopped immediately if a tournament match that needs to be played comes up.

Coaching while players are IN A MATCH is prohibited. Sorry, I think that seeing habits, stopping your own habits, etc. is something the tournament is supposed to test, and we shouldn't get help in this. In-between game coaching is acceptable.

[/COLLAPSE]

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles and Doubles

Double Elimination; Pools only if absolutely necessary
5$ Singles; 10$ per Team
Payout: 60/30/10 for Doubles; 40/30/20/10 for Singles (dependent on Entrants)

Bring your own controller. You are also responsible for your own equipment. Do not leave small things like controllers lying around.

Rules: URC Unity Ruleset

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Low Tier Singles and Doubles

Double Elimination; Pools only if absolutely necessary
5$ Singles; 10$ per Team
Payout: 60/30/10 for Doubles; 40/30/20/10 for Singles (dependent on Entrants)

Bring your own controller. You are also responsible for your own equipment. Do not leave small things like controllers lying around.

Rules: URC Unity Ruleset

The following characters are allowed in Low Tier Tournaments:

:ganondorf: :link2: :zelda: :samus2: :falcon: :mario2: :lucas: :bowser2: :jigglypuff:

Setups

TVs:
Jnig
Gunner
V
Zigsta

Wiis:
BSP
Jnig
Gunner
V
Zigsta

Powerstrips:
BSP x2
V

_D._

Smash Apprentice
if mk is is allowed in doubles I will attend

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Yes! If all goes according to plan I should be there. I'll give dubz a shot BSP team with me! Also Gunner we still got our 10$ MM and Facey if u show up I'll MM your MK vs my Sonic.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dang, so soon? I will try to come to this. I know I work till 4 so I might be able to make it for Brawl singles, but only for that. I will see.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Last one had 18-20.

Why are Brinstar and Rainbow banned when MK is banned?

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
Sorry, curlz >.> you should look to picking up someone else in general in case the ban becomes more widespread.

A lot of people dislike RC and Brinstar with and without MK, plus they're just really polarizing imo

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
**** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO. the last thing we need is two blue mother ****ing hedgehogs running rampant in doubles.

I'll money match you.
^^^:laugh:

Sure I'll MM u.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
People just need to learn how to be patient and practice stages. That's all you need for Brinstar/RC.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
And people need to learn how to stop being such pansies when it comes to things like stages in brawl.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Sorry, curlz >.> you should look to picking up someone else in general in case the ban becomes more widespread.

Nope. No MK = Curlz quitting.
Curlz quitting = No Laffy carpool.

If you want Lafayette to continue showing up at tournies, MK needs to be legal. Simple as that.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sigh, rules change

MK is legal in singles only
Brinstar and Rainbow are legal in doubles

**** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO **** NO. the last thing we need is two blue mother ****ing hedgehogs running rampant in doubles.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I can see these tournaments being ridiculous about MK and the stages he's best on. Stay consistent with your rules. Stop flip flopping with what's legal and not.

I have no problem with MK being legal because the only GOOD MK is Lee.

BSP

Smash Legend
I can see these tournaments being ridiculous about MK and the stages he's best on. Stay consistent with your rules. Stop flip flopping with what's legal and not.
Sigh, it's hard to do that when Unity is pushing one way, our scene is pushing another, my own opinion on MK, etc. Edit: I'm pretty much on the fence with every big issue in brawl right now...MK, Brinstar/RC, etc., so that's why I get swayed pretty easily >.>

I'll try to stay more consistent, but tbh, I'm not opposed to experimenting as long as it doesn't make us lose entrants.

Bomber said:
I have no problem with MK being legal because the only GOOD MK is Lee.
Well like I said in our La. thread, he's not dominating La., so I can't really say he's banworthy

Bomber7

Smash Hero
BSP, like I've said before. You should be able to stand by your original rules. I know you run the risk of losing entrants, but a TO should remain firm. If people don't like your rules, then simply, they don't have to come and they should shut up about it.

Since this is about the MK ban, hell, go ahead and keep him banned, no one will know how it will affect tournaments unless you actually do it. Be a trend setter if you prefer.

Also: You won't be able to please everyone.

Buuuut, as always, you're choice. Just trying to give you a few pointers. If you're swayed too easily, then how can you ever truly have control over your own tournament?

Cows

Smash Apprentice
BSP, like I've said before. You should be able to stand by your original rules. I know you run the risk of losing entrants, but a TO should remain firm. If people don't like your rules, then simply, they don't have to come and they should shut up about it.

Since this is about the MK ban, hell, go ahead and keep him banned, no one will know how it will affect tournaments unless you actually do it. Be a trend setter if you prefer.

Buuuut, as always, you're choice. Just trying to give you a few pointers. If you're swayed too easily, then how can you ever truly have control over your own tournament?
Beautifully said.

BSP

Smash Legend
True >.>

I'm not really out to be a trend setter, but I see what you mean. Honestly, I'm just aiming for whatever will draw the biggest crowd :/

Yeah...I'm just going to have to learn this one the hard way >.>

I can and will stop money matches :troll:

IDK man, I'm just so neutral at this point on the big issues, I'm open to being pushed on either side.

But you're right, flip flopping is bad....so I'll think about the rules more before I set something, then keep it that way once it's set I guess.

I'll keep this one MK legal though since it seems to be generating some needed hype

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
If you want Lafayette to CONTINUE showing up at tournies, MK needs to be legal. Simple as that.
Yall never show up in the first place! What a ****ing joke! And using the fact that the driver's character is being banned as leverage to sway a TO? So selfish...

BSP, whatever you decide, make your decision and stick with it. We need to know what to prepare for, and changing rules really messes that up. And setup=TV+Wii+Brawl.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yall never show up in the first place! What a ****ing joke! And using the fact that the driver's character is being banned as leverage to sway a TO? So selfish...

BSP, whatever you decide, make your decision and stick with it. We need to know what to prepare for, and changing rules really messes that up. And setup=TV+Wii+Brawl.
^ This. As well as it ruins your rep as a TO is you sway too much. People like consistency in a tournament, not rules that can change every 5 seconds.

BSP

Smash Legend
^^Noted. I'm going back to my pre-Apex plan because I never should have let one tournament throw me off so much.

100% Unity, done.

------------------

On a different note, apparently, melee only had 13 people at its last tournament, and 6 last BRM, and it's not looking any better for this one, so melee will not be happening.

I'll put up a poll for the another event.

Cows

Smash Apprentice
On a different note, apparently, melee only had 13 people at its last tournament, and 6 last BRM, and it's not looking any better for this one, so melee will not be happening.

I'll put up a poll for the another event.
Mario Kart Doble Dash lol.... So legit! :awesome:

Cows

Smash Apprentice
I just realized this is on the 4th.... I will be to busy shooting things at my church's shoot out.

Yeah we are pretty much amazing.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh, :c

Have fun shooting stuff

Need ideas for a side event people
I may regret saying this, but ISP? (items tourny)

I tried an ISP tourny once, we only got about 8 people, but from what I gather, people had some fun. If you are wondering what items I used, go look through my profile and look up the history of threads I made. I think it could be under CI #3? I forget, one of the earlier CI monthlies.

Top Bottom