• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<b><span style="color: #00CC00;">Brawl & Melee:</span></b> Blastzone 2 - March 31st-A

Heartstring

Smash Legend
BLASTZONE 2 YEEAAAA!
1. As you get off the train, there will be a car park on one side, you can opt to take a taxi which will be waiting in a taxi bay in the car park. in which case you simply tell them the postcode of the venue. (1024 3pu)
2. if you choose not to do this, walk through the car park out to the road and turn left along the road, this should be signposted as station road as soon as you turn out of the car park there is a bus stop from here you can take the t1 bus to the bus station, it leaves at XX:28 every hour if you decide to do this, follow the instructions to get to the venue from the bus station below
3. if you chose to simply walk, follow the road down untill you reach a t-junction, then turn right down onto london road the road will curl to the left, but follow the road untill you reach a crossroad with a pub called 'the chase' on one of the corners (this will be the second crossroad you come across)
4. go straight across and continue downlondon road and after about 3 minutes of walking you will find that there is a cemertary on your left, once you reach the cemetary you need to turn right down st martins way (it will be signposted as 'redcastle furzé' at the point where you must turn right)
5. you will walk past a school , once you reach the end of the road it will turn off to the left, instead you turn right, down a path which leads to a few shops and down there is the venue!

From the bus station:
1. As you gett of the bus, there will be a river on one side, with two bridges going over it, one of them has a road going over it, go over to that bridge, and walk in the opposite direction of the bridge down a road called bridge street, this should be the route which the coach took to enter the coach station.
2. as you get to the end of the road there will be a crossroad, go left and turn onto brandon road
3. shortly after this you will come across yet another set of crossroads which has a pub called 'the chase' on one of the corners
4. go left onto london road and after about 3 minutes of walking you will find that there is a cemertary on your left. once you reach the cemetary you need to turn right down st martins way (it will be signposted as 'redcastle furzé' at the point where you must turn right)
5. you will walk past a school , once you reach the end of the road it will turn off to the left, instead you turn right, down a path which leads to a few shops and down there is the venue!
Thetford
Norfolk
IP24 3PU

you can also search the location on Google maps VIA the Postcode
the venue is roughly a 5-minute walk from the bus stop, and a little bit longer from the train station.
20 tv's confirmed for the venue. please tell me if you will bring a setup. And if it is for brawl, Please tell me if it has the unlimited replay hack. Either post in this thread, or in a Private Message
_________________________[
Housing
On saturday evening (a.k.a: Evening after the tournament) you will be allowed to stay within the venue, The price? Check the cost in the Fee's section!

All other housing being dealt with in this thread, if you need housing then please request it. those who have to travel a further distance receive priority housing.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=297389
From southern areas, i recommend taking a coach from National Express headed for Norwich. The best coach to catch is from Victoria coach station, which stops in Stratford and thetford(the place of the event)
for those too lazy to go and look, i've gotten the page ready for you
http://coach.nationalexpress.com/times-and-fares.aspx?&searchId=653732f8-0390-45bf-83ce-01700685970e

Separate private transport for those travelling from northern england is being assessed.

Alternatively...
you could search for travel to cambridge or norwich and then take the standard train to thetford heading towards norwich or cambridge respectively

Events/Fees
This is going to be a one day event with acommodation afterwards. however i still hope to have various events ruuning

Entry Fee: £5
Accomodation Fee: £5
Venue Open from: Midday saturday till 9am sunday

Brawl Singles: £5
Brawl Doubles: £5 per team
Melee Singles: £5
Melee Doubles: £5 per team
Signup: Midday till 2pm
Event: 2pm till midnight

Side Events:
Street Fighter x Tekken (free play setup)
???

Payout:
1st: 70%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Standard rules

* 3 Stock

* 10 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Team attack is ON

* Sets best of 3 games. Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion

* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played.

* Paussing the match during a tournament set is punished by losing the current stock, Regardless of percentage

* When a game is won by a suicide move, The player than initiated the suicide move wins (Aethercide is not included)

* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage.

* Should the tournament be held up by one player (i.e: deliberately not playing a bracket in game) they will be called to a tv to play that game, if they do not start within 5 minutes it is an automatic loss of the first match, if they do not start after 10 minutes, it is an automatic loss of set.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
3. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage
4. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
5. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
6. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Stage list

Neutral Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:

None
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON
Master Hand Banned

Stagelist

Neutral Stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Fountain of Dreams (Banned in doubles)
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages:

Pokemon Stadium (Neutral in doubles)
If this is not possible then please send me a Private Message on this board.
A link to this event will be on AIB soon. be patient
Alcohol and illegal substances are strictly BANNED!!! if you are caught using drugs or alcohol you will be removed from the venue and not allowed back in!!!!
Be sure to advertise this to fellow smashers that may not visit the boards that often!
Social thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12158954#post12158954

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Posting for the need to store other things in here at a later date

Oh yeah, people confirmations go in here:

Brawl:
G~P
Teh Shlurpie
Flame
ProjD
Random Delta
MTR
Legit

Melee:
Professor Friend Pro
JJLinyard
GM-Jack
X1-12

Setups:
Brawl:
1. G~P (no hacks)
2. Teh_Shlurpie (no hacks)
3. Flame (hacks)
4. Venue Wii (needs disc) (no hacks)
5. Random Delta (hacks)

Melee:

gm jack

Smash Lord
Post this in the regional forum as well so people see this. It was really good last time, and I definitely want to be able to make this one as well.

flamekid

Smash Cadet
*Cough*

I'm in. Obviously. (Y)

I'll be able to confirm laptop w/ stream setup later, but not right now. xD

EDIT: I forgot to list my wii setup, lol. You can confirm that. It haz replay hacks FYI.

Random Delta

Smash Rookie
I am most certainly looking forward to this.

I can provide my wii for a set up. (hacked)

I'm also willing to bring some other fighters for 360 or wii if anyone will be willing to play them.

Brado

Smash Lord
20 is way cheap, I've paid around that/more every time I've been to London...

Might look into making this, see what prices are like for travel

:phone:

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... 10 minute timer and only 3 neutral stages for Brawl, interesting... does that mean the Counterpick stages are the normal ones plus Lylat Cruise and Yoshi's Island?

Also, gotta be careful round that Bowser and Ganon!

There's a good chance me & Sinth will attend, probably 80-90% at this point, it's just sorting out travel there and back. As for Luigimitsu, he's more of a maybe lol, but we'll try and convince him to come, he probably will be done with uni work by then anyway. Should be able to bring a wii set-ups with hacks (Sinth).

(and though it doesn't affect me at all - you have randomdelta as a wii setup but not in the brawl confirmed list)

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
maybe GP mayb
not looking too good GP

coaches are £20, trains are £20 (with railcard)
man up, if people want people to host outside London, people must realise they need to actually pay money to get there

I pay £22 to get down the coach for OoC so you can do it for Blastzone
Alcohol and illegal substances are strictly BANNED!!!
awhhhh :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I am most certainly looking forward to this.

I can provide my wii for a set up. (hacked)

I'm also willing to bring some other fighters for 360 or wii if anyone will be willing to play them.
Have my internets, thank you ^.^

not looking too good GP

coaches are £20, trains are £20 (with railcard)
That's pretty cheap for me, I would have linked the funfares method, however there is absolutely no guarantee that it will stop in thetford. It got me screwed right over for the LGC, had to spend about £70 total for it, yet i still came, and it was ***. XD

Suck it up, driving there costs a bomb

oh yea, will there be a fest afterwards again gp?
Sadly no, however i will try my hardest to provide housing for those travelling from long distances, most likely those up north, because it takes them longer to travel than the londoners do. This is of course if you decide to travel friday, i have limited space though. And those staying with me will have to come to the pub with me, as I'll be at work. Ill work it out as soon as everything becomes watertight

20 is way cheap, I've paid around that/more every time I've been to London...

Might look into making this, see what prices are like for travel

:phone:
Excellent, for you travelling from leicester, you will want to search for a train to CAMBRIDGE on crosscountrytrains.co.uk

This is the weekend after my 18th birthday (and I can't get wasted at this cuz NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS), and I am working on the Saturday.

So sorry GP I can't come.
Okay, its a shame but i get you. I would allow things inside the venue, But its a youth centre (In fact, the only reason I'm able to rent this venue is because I'm still within the threshold age of 10-18) so I can't let it be used, you can carry it in your bag or whatever, just not consuming during the event

Heartstring

Smash Legend
is it? Oh okay, let me just go edit that...

And so do i, It's going to be a task to make it less sucessful :B

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yea gp you might want to add brawl cp stages too..

also wanna team for doubs? bring back the germany hype? :p
I'm going to use the japanese ruleset, I think everyone is tired of getting CP'd to gay things. So I'm going to run only the 3 neutral stages

And possibly, I should be teaming with sinth, because we were godly at ooc :B

how much is the train/bus from norwich?

I can get train tickets to norwich for £13 return

http://www.nationalexpresseastangli...yeshots&fr_mailer_reference=00000058-000022bb

meh..looks like the coaches are like £6-8 and the trains are £16..so it'd cost the same altogether -_-

why is your area so pricy to get to, there's nothing there lol
Tickets from norwich? if you're travelling on the weekend it should cost about £8 for a single

The thats the exact reason its so expensive, Why do special deals for somewhere when its not going to be used often?

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Lol wtf gp, i think yoshis and lylat should be in there, maybe even pokemon stadium since theyre all borderline neutrals too. i think the 3 neutrals could be too basic, even melee has a bit more variety than that

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Just doing the japanese ruleset, out of all of the people I've said it to, youre the first to not be 100% on board with it, so yeah. I'm waiting for a ton of other people to give their input though. It's only a placeholder for the moment

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Those who have made note of it like it, i can ask them all personally if you really want me to. But at this point in time the stagelist is not my concern, its more actually getting the new venue owner on board

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Oh yea thats fine dont get me wrong, im not like raging over this, im just thinking its pretty strange to go with it, i mean as i indicated before, its normally melee that goes negative on counterpicks

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah yeah, but when i was at apex, you can see how any other stage actually makes it harder for lower tier characters to compete as opposed to helping

Heartstring

Smash Legend
wait what?
oh **** yeah, sunday travel costs a ton :L
We're looking into getting a minibus to run for the people up north, you can see how expensive that **** it normally

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Spose thats fair enough gp, but to me that doesnt say why we can't have lylat or yoshis in there, both regarded as being neutrals (although i agree not as neutral as the classic 3), or even mtr stadium (occasionally and i believe used to be a neutral).

i get its not a priority now, but i just think there could be a little more variety in the stage choices. Infact i think with too few cps its made difficult for low(er) tiers to make an impact, with only extremely neutral stages chances are the match ups come down solely to what characters have better MUs. Even with the other 2/3 stages your including some that people dont like to play on for various reasons. Lylat for ledges (personally hate it but think it deserves its place), Lylat for tlink auto win lol (dunno why but some people do just plain hate this, im guessing the uneven floor can mess up timings for stuff) and PS1 for stage changes. All got something odd with em but all very balanced imo.

Yea...my two cents

And willz is like super cool

Top Bottom