• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rochester Swag Fest - Get Hype

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
Henrietta, NY

-----------------
When
January 28, 2012 (Discussing Friday night or Sunday as well... Let me know in comments)
Fest starts about 3. Mini tournament starts whenever we wanna set it up. I do allow people to come way earlier if you just contact me in advance.

-----------------
Contact
Jeff Finnigan
#315-440-8083
finnigan@oswego.edu
Aim- AkatsukiTachiSan

VERY IMPORTANT

If possible, please inform me by text or email if you will be coming. I know a fair deal of you in the community but please just let me know if you are coming. Please feel free to introduce yourselves upon arriving, I haven't been able to see most of you in at least a year due to Japanland travels.

-----------------
Fees
Venue: $1 - $2 venue fee (Depending on an attendance) That will be used cover electricity used during these events

-----------------
Set Ups

I have 2-3 CRT televisions, and 1 wii/game/memory card. If anyone would like to bring their setups anything would be useful. I also have 3 Flat screens, however they don't work so well for Melee.

-----------------
Mini Tournament - If people want to?
1-4 People : No Tournament
4-6 People : 1$ Tournament
7-8 People : 2$ Tournament
9+ People : 3$ Tournament

Melee Singles
Melee Doubles Round Robin

-----------------
Venue Rules:
1) Tournament Matches and Money Matches has priority over all matches. People have to leave at different times so be sure to complete tournament matches on a timely manner.

2) I do not provide food and drinks for people so please bring your own if you wish, There is a 7/11, Walgreens Pharmacy, and a gas station to purchase food. You are allowed to use my cups plates and I do have filtered water if anyone wants some. You are also allowed to store things in my fridge (if there's space) and use my appliances.

3) Anything broken in the house you will pay for (-it's probably not cheap), anything of yours broken i will not pay for.

4) Tournaments or gathering of smashers and gamers alike usually tend to smell bad due to sweating/breathing from mass amounts of people. However i would like to reduce the smell cause i am sure its impossible to eliminate it completely.
So basically
-Shower
-Brush Your Teeth
-Deodorize

Don't be a scum bag basically.

5) Any Drug/ Alcohol related substances are not allowed inside my place. You may do it outside or in your car but not inside the house. I am opening up my place for the community so please be respectful to my wishes. If you would like to smoke, we have a back, front, and side patio which you may use to your lungs desire.

6) Shoes must be taken off. (We have a mud room, you can put your shoes in there)

Melee Rules

* 4 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Stages... Shouldn't have to be debated, but we can if need be

* Sets best of 3
Finals will be played best of 5.

*Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

I think thats about it. I hope to see all the Rochester crew thats about 5 minutes from me here!

Side: I would really like to play some MvC3/UMvC3 for fun on the side if anyone would like to. I have Vanilla, but either version is fine. I don't have any arcade sticks but I'm dying to try one, so that is a small reminder to FOY to bring his :l

:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

-Jeff

SuperSide: Sorry I stole your template for smashfests :D

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
I'm hurt goggles :( You had best come then, and remedy this obvious void of swaggery.

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
I'm rusty as ****, I'm gonna have to practice a ton this week.

Also, still need some more set ups. I know TML likely has one that he will bring, at least cube/game/card but that still leaves more open if needed. (I mean I'm totally fine not trying to drag a 100lbs tv down the stairs but w/e... :p )

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I miss ya Jeff lets get this done!!! I'ma spread the words to the peeps with the meeps. everyone new who i ahve not played before expect to get absolutely ***** by me seriously it wont even be fun and i won't say good games afterwords

to all those who i've known for ages... specifically jeff, jesse, foy... much love can't wait to see this

Also guys i am not crazy drunk alcohol nuts because i am no longer a college student being stupid spending all my money because now i know how terrible of a decision it was not to save anything LMAO. but i will smoke a little if anyone offers, jsut a little, cause itll throw my game off!!

so excited for this seriously i just wanna keep typing but i dunno what so w/e lets do this much love smash for life seriously this game is how oldd??? remember back to arena 51 remember when i ***** neil and jesse so bad in tournament and i was the best ever expect the legend to be reborn no mercy i have no friend or sympathy when i am playing in a match OMG i loev typing i am so hyped for this omgomgogmogmomgOMGOGMOGMomgmomgoomgomGMOGMGOMGOMGogmOGMO

:)

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo so i can bring my UMVC3 setup and stick but the problem is i dont have saturday off but ill try to get it changed so i can come over.

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
It seems like Sat/Sun is more likely. I'll put up some times for sunday later, but for the time being Sat is what is posted in the OP.

@When - 3pmish? I thought OP said it... Inty where exactly are you? RIT?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
aight ill be there sat then and stay till late but i gotta be out, so ppl who wanna play especially roch ppl foy jesse goggles neil and new ppl get there as early as possible you too spamus and anybody from cuse come onnnnn

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
just do it dont be ******s you ******s. pay me and ill pick you up ******s

ill prob be going fri night so whoever can get there friday as well do it

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wow, holy crap, tobin road....

I just realised I live almost walking distance from you dude. If you have a car, come get me, we can play tonight lol.

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
Totally didn't check this tonight (thurs)... Sorry goggles D:

Anyways... Toss me a fb message with your cell so I can get a hold of you. I never knew where exactly you lived. :] Hope to talk to some of you fri/sat/sun :]

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
Humps, toss me a text (315)440-8083 and i can let you know when i know, but your more then welcome to stop by friday night

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
ima be there tn just becausei have quite a drive and im sure jeff is cool w ohters, the main fest will be sat tho but it never hurts to get something going tonight!!

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
So far, since no one's gonna drive me, I won't be there. I have a ski trip all day today till about 7 to 7:30 ish. I'll be back on my computer then, but I won't have it the whole day. If anyone wants to drive me, I'll be on my phone (626) 755-4447. Please please come through for me someone. I have gas money :p

huMps

Smash Ace
Thanks alot Jeff. Sorry I didn't talk to you . . . at all lol. But It was fun:)
I liked the conglomerate of people that showed up too. Rochester is still legit

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
Sorry i didn't make it back out last night, but I got stuck in a surprise blizzard coming abck from dinner, and didn't feel like risking my life again :p

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
Glad everyone had a lot of fun. It was great to get some games in. I'm still rusty as ****, BUT I GOT THAT BUSHY TAIL.

Also Jessy, I'll get back to you on XIV.

Mana - Still better then me :l ***** be practicing and all that jazz :l

Pyro - Bushy Tail :l

Spamus - Play Samus >_> Your better at it

Goggles - Glad I know your 3 feet away now. LOL.

Everyone that went to Red Robbin... That was awesome, and delicious.

Sam - Keep being rad man, we will get more games in, hopefully its in less than a year. XD

Everyone else, Hope you enjoyed getting some smash in, Guiles theme, and big bathrooms!

;]

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Good stuff everyone :)

big ups to jeff for having this and bringing so many people together!! rochester still has it

jesse git at,

foy where u at

steffon ur a ***** keep drinking cough syrup you puzzy ****

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yo this was AMAZING. Mana- Never have more fun than when I play Smash with you.

Alex- Beast man, keep it up. Your motivation inspires me.

Jeff- Glad to see you're still the coolest dude ever :)

Everyone else- Keep it up peeps :)

Top Bottom