• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POSTPONED Big Ol Leicester Tournament! September 2012 - Hosted by Fuzzyness

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
THIS HAS BEEN POSTPONED, NEED TO FIND HOUSING

Found a venue in Leicester which has been used for meetups for gaming, and they're going to sort out the electricity soon (within February) for bigger things like running a small lan partys.

Basically I want to use this venue for a huge melee + brawl tournament in Europe! =)

Date: September 6-8th 2012 UNCONFIRMED
1-3 Day Tournament

Venue opens : 10am
Venue closes: 4am

Venue Fee - FREE (or maybe a small cost to cover electricity. However the only thing they want is for people to buy drinks/meals which is probably gonna happen anyway)

It's in a "Rileys" , The pool + darts place. The space in the venue is awesome!

Rileys Pool Snooker & Poker Club
Grange Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire LE2 7EE

"Main Section"

"Front Section"

"Other Space"

Venue Info

The spaces are a lot bigger than in the pictures btw!

Basically we'd get one side of their main long room which is plenty of space for a tournament, this being the "front" space" which is self explanatory and "main section" which is the darts area.

This space can hold around 120 people with tables + setups!
There is also a huge projector to use with easy connections!

However that is not the only space! as shown in the "other space" picture there is more space to move around on the other side of the room where the pool tables are, around the huge food + bar section, and there is even another room on the other side dedicated to pool tables.

BONUS! We may even get to use the other side to play pool, dedicating a few of the tables for smashers only and getting free pool games =).

Travel

Leicester is about 2 hours outside of London.

I will post full details on travel once this tournament is confirmed, including European/International Travel details

There are coaches + trains around the UK that go to Leicester and also it has its own local airport.

Housing

I'm going to try find a youth hostel / hotel in Leicester that will accomodate everyone for no more than £5-7 a night! Just waiting for confirmation on the venue first though.

Food

There is a food + drink service at the bar

HOWEVER! They also do catering services! So just like our last UK tournament (SNY)
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for all 3 days =) for £?

T.Vs

Another person I know really close to the venue has 40 t.vs =)

The venue owner has already confirmed to get us 15 CRTs easily which are all fine for smash and a pretty good size =) They will probably be able to get us another 5-10 if needed and my friends who live local in Leicester can always lend a few

So get damn HYPE!!! Expecting a lot of people to travel to Leicester for it cause it'll be awesome! Especially Europeans/International Smashers!

Interested List!

Fuzzyness (HOST)
Professor Pro
Jolteon
Yeniths
Frugs
Kiyoshi
Willz
GM Jack
jjlinyard
Brado
X1-12
AmcD
Bullet Bill
Brado
Hao
Callum
Hadster
Fool
NamiNami
Tamoo
BeLia
Deathgazer
Monty

European

Leffen - Sweden
AJP - Sweden
Aniolas - Sweden
Ice - Germany
NamiNami - Finland
Paju - Finland
Mahie - France
Porc - France

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
Dude...

Are you saying this could potentially be free venue fee, easily affordable accomodation and free pool...

AND NO BRAWL?!

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME, THIS LITERALLY SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST VENUE EVER FOR A SMASH TOURNAMENT AND I CAN'T F-ING ATTEND.

I am disappointed.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well, 1) im not looking forward to running brawl no offence
2) I want Europeans to come

OOCS venue had a lot more space in terms of just for smash, but this venue is also huge and we get a dedicated area. So brawl doesnt need to worry cause OOC2 later on this year will be there to cater

Yeniths

East Midlands!
My dissertation is actually due on the 1st lol. But I'll be there

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
its not on the 1st, read the damn post. It probably will be mid/late may, or early june

im obviously going to avoid exams -_- do you guys think im stupid?

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
It'd probably be too hard to run brawl on the side due to space + the amount of t.vs if the Europeans come for melee
If there's 15 TVs, with another 5-10 likely to be available then surely that's enough TVs for brawl too?

I mean seriously how many Europeans do you expect to attend this?

I would trust Willz to run the brawl side of things.

(I'm mostly posting as the venue/food/pool/more than 1 day event sounds amazing and I wish brawl had events that do that too!)

Also OOC2 is nowhere near having a set date and guess what I'll be Brawl AND Melee

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Dude...

Are you saying this could potentially be free venue fee, easily affordable accomodation and free pool...

AND NO BRAWL?!

ARE YOU F-ING KIDDING ME, THIS LITERALLY SOUNDS LIKE THE BEST VENUE EVER FOR A SMASH TOURNAMENT AND I CAN'T F-ING ATTEND.

I am disappointed.
With all due respect, Fuzz is a melee player and isn't really inclined to host brawl tournaments all the time. It's always kind of him imo, to host brawl at the monthlies for example even though it makes them much harder to run/organise even when he doesn't play the game.

About this tournament though. Hmmmm lets see-

Free Venue
Venue is a bar where you can buy food
Pool tables
Plenty of Space
European attendants

sounds pretty ****ing decent

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
well i think it should be done in june as there's London Expo in May :(, also i be coming for Pool, any MM's on that, i gladly take ur monies!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
that is a pretty good point kiyoshi, however expo mostly caters for brawl and melee players dont really care about expo lol aside an odd few

Hadster

Smash Cadet
Defo defo defo interested

Also Fool is interested, alongside potentially a few others, will confirm soon.

Date is notttttt good though, I would have definitely thought the earlier and earlier you could do it, the better, as people have exams, so it would take it further away from those. For example, I have a tough week in Mid-June, so the later in May this tourney this is, the worse it is for me.

Don't know how it fits with other peoples exams.

Concept-wise though, this is amazing, already really looking forward to this

NamiNami

Smash Apprentice
My first OOC tournament was SNY and it was really good. This seems to be very good too, hope more people are interested.

ps Nami Nami separately looks so ugly, could you please fix it Fuzzy =) ?

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah put me down as interested etc etc

Obviously depending on dodging exams but i don't get many exams first year so should probs be good.

Also Leicester is dirt cheap to get to from London if you get the right trains. Failing that coach is cheap too so plenty of you guys should be coming.

Willz-LC

Smash Cadet
Tbh I don't think exams should even be an issue. If you're so focused on doing well, just having one weekend to relax from revising shouldn't **** anything up, so no johns scrubs.

I went to OoC with two following exams on the monday, and I didn't give a ****.

:phone:

BeLia

Smash Rookie
As soon as you can confirm the date, I'll confirm myself.
100% interested, and probably 100% confirmed.

Top Bottom