• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dope 6: Quick Notice Editon

Teh Future

Smash Master

Dope 6: Quick Notice Edition​

*****No notice tournament I'm setting up this weekend for practice because some of St. Louis is going to a tournament in Iowa the following week. SPECIAL PRICES because of the late notice.

Venue:

4229 Golden Wheat Dr.
St. Charles, MO 63304

Schedule:

August 18th, 2012

3:00-9:00pm singles
3:00-9:00pm doubles

COST:

* = REQUIRED FOR ENTRY

$1 singles bracket
$1 doubles bracket (per person)

Please bring copies of Wii and Brawl to fill up the tvs I already have!

PRIZES

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

= = Ruleset = =

* Sets are best-of-3 except Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals which are best-of-5.

* 3 stock, 8:00 minutes
* Items are set to "OFF" and "NONE"
* Pause is set to "OFF"
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
* In the event of a Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbycide, the end result is whatever the game determines.
* If a sudden death is initiated by both players dying at the exact same time or a tie in both stock count and percentage, players will have a 1 stock, 3:00 minute game to determine the winner.

Stagelist:

Starter

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island
Halberd
Pictochat

Counterpick

Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Port Town Aero Dive
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Onnet

Stage Striking is done 1 stage per player at a time.

After each match:
1. Winner announces 2 stage ban
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON

**If there are less than 6 entries Doubles will be done in round robin format. The top two teams will play an additional Grand Finals set. Ties will be determined by one additional game per set. Prizes change to:

1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

Previous Results:

The Original Dose of Dopeness

Dope 2

Dope 3

Dope 4

Dope 5: 8/14/2012

Singles:

1: Tic Tac Clickity Clack (FAE) :lucas:
2: Cook :olimar: :metaknight:
3: Future :snake: :popo:
4: Hylian :metaknight: :popo:
5: MetalMusicMan :falco: :dedede:
5: Ripple :sheik: :dk2:
7: Fuujin :zelda:
7: Osric :metaknight:
9: Alt-F4 :diddy:
9: Saxy :olimar:
9: Jive :dk2:
9: DarkLeviathan :yoshi2:
13: Radium88 :kirby2:

Doubles (Round Robin)

1: Hylian/Future :gw: :metaknight: / :metaknight: :metaknight:
2: METALMUSICMAN/Ripple :falco: :dk2: / :dedede: :dk2: / :falco: :sheik:
3: radiumBB/Cook (radiumBB/Cook) :kirby2: :olimar:
4: Fuujin/FAE (Fuujin/FAE) :zelda: :lucas:
5: Jive/Saxy (Jive/Saxy) :olimar: :dk2:[/QUOTE]

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Is doubles 5 dollars a team or person?

Also I like the stage list, but you should allow 2 bans since it's so big and has a lot of counter/banned stages.

NVM LOLOL I CAN READ WHEN I DO IT TWICE.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
4229 Golden Wheat Dr.
St. Charles, MO 63304

Is 7 hours from my house.

Why aren't there more tournamnets in KCMO, that's like the perfect distance for everyone.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Lux does monthlies, how often do you want tournaments? This is meant to be a St. Louis local since we don't have any now that TP is gone.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah I know, but I don't have anyone to go with me :(

I'm fine with your STL tourney stuff, but I am allowed to sit here and wallow in self pitty.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Is MK legal at these?
I think overall he shouldn't be banned, but that since everyone else is we should too...

:phone:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Everyone else isn't banning mk lol. The entire west coast isn't banning him, and an east coast national is happening soon with mk legal.

I approve of stagelist.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Regarding the rules, I don't really care, I guess, but you asked for thoughts... so:

- $5 seems fine to me :)

- As someone who swallowcides ALL THE TIME... the swallowcide rule is dumb and unnecessary. Just go by win screen.

- If it stays small, I'm fine with Bo5 sets, but if we get a decent amount of people that's going to be really bad. Brawl Bo3 sets can already take like 20 minutes :\ I'd rather just have Bo3 honestly.

- Stagelist seems fine except that I would swap Halberd for Castle Siege in the Starter list (keep Pictochat because it's bawler).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't wait to go to luigis mansion with IC's LOL.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Actually, you're banned from the tournament. We knew you'd try that and decided it was best to put an end to it before it began. We all had a vote and it was unanimous. Sorry.
But...but...:(

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Don't worry, Hylian, I was given the right to be your attorney and voted for you and you voted against yourself.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
I searched long and hard for a distant planet, but couldn't find it on your stage list. D;
And jungle japes feels like it could easily make counterpick list compared to some of those stages.

I'd like to come to this, even if it's just a local. I love playing on gimmicky stages xD.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I searched long and hard for a distant planet, but couldn't find it on your stage list. D;
Absolutely not. What a terrible idea.

And jungle japes feels like it could easily make counterpick list compared to some of those stages.

I'd like to come to this, even if it's just a local. I love playing on gimmicky stages xD.
I agree with this I just had not added it yet.

Editl: I was considering dropping some but I think the rules are set now. We just need a date.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I will only ban Mk if Olimar is banned also. And the rest of High Tier. I think that would be fair.

If everyone agrees I guess it is ok for that stipulation to apply. If not then no characters are banned.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL. Don't ban anyone please.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Um, if you guys would just ban every character but Wolf and Link I'd totally come. Get 2nd to future in Wolf dittos, nbd losing to someone using my main.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
LOL. Don't ban anyone please.
Mk was officially banned it doesn't make sense not to have him banned in the tournament.

Only reason the west coast isn't banning him because everyone and their mother uses him out there.
When I was there my pool had like 8 people, 5 of them used MK on me.
I think were a little better than that aren't we?
You guys will do fine without him.

At least take a vote if you're considering not banning him :/.

Plus its bad enough David added troll stages to the tournament.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
AND I just wanna add, Stl is one of the few regions/areas that has a larger number of low tier mains
It would be nice to see Fae actually have a chance of winning a tournament without someone going MK on him just for the win.
Or if everyone couldn't go "lol Zelda" and pick Mk for the easy win :/.
Legan might actually pull Link out more.
It would add much more variety and give the people who didn't drop out on their mains for MK another chance.

TBH I think Jordans just scared he won't be able to CP MK against Fae in tournament for the easier win...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Mk was officially banned it doesn't make sense not to have him banned in the tournament.

Only reason the west coast isn't banning him because everyone and their mother uses him out there.
When I was there my pool had like 8 people, 5 of them used MK on me.
I think were a little better than that aren't we?
You guys will do fine without him.

At least take a vote if you're considering not banning him :/.

Plus its bad enough David added troll stages to the tournament.
AND I just wanna add, Stl is one of the few regions/areas that has a larger number of low tier mains
It would be nice to see Fae actually have a chance of winning a tournament without someone going MK on him just for the win.
It would add much more variety and give the people who didn't drop out on their mains for MK another chance.

TBH I think Jordans just scared he won't be able to CP MK against Fae in tournament for the easier win...

Fuujin...you are dumb.

Cook

Smash Master
Pretty sure Olimar and ICs **** all those characters at least as much as MK does. Also, DDD.

Plus, Legan the Great died and moved to Chicago.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Fuujin...you are dumb.
10/10, would read again!

Anyway this community is still so dumb regarding so many things... god. I thought about arguing points about MK and such but... NOPE. Don't care. ****ing scrubs EVERYWHERE.

All I have to say is... I'M ****ING TAKING ALL OF YOU TO GREEN GREENS.

Also, if FAE and I team then none of you have a chaaaannnncee in doubles. Get at me, word is bond, step up to the streets, I have a dream!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol exactly will I could have posted logical points to counter everything he said, but there isn't a point because he's blindly biased. I mean he's complaining about this tournament using mk because it's "not the norm" yet he doesn't complain about the stages? lmao

Radium88

Smash Lord

Jordan's MK is scrubby. I don't know what you're talking about. If you are worried about MK, just pick up ROB.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL NONO I BEAT FAE WITH MK ALL THE TIME!

Isn't that right Fae?

Teh Future

Smash Master
Like I said, Metaknight will be banned along with Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco, Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar, and Pikachu. If everyone agrees. Doesn't look like METALMUSICMAN or Hylian does.

So no Characters banned.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Like I said, Metaknight will be banned along with Diddy Kong, Snake, Falco, Marth, Wario, Ice Climbers, Olimar, and Pikachu. If everyone agrees. Doesn't look like METALMUSICMAN or Hylian does.

So no Characters banned.
Ban Squirtle.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
^^^ Salt from my squirtle

Teh Future

Smash Master
This might be on Feb. 18th. Is that not ok for anyone?

If there are 20 or more entrants we will do Bo3 sets with pools. Do people want this? I don't think there will be more than 20 which is why I put down Bo5 so it will take more time and people get more matches in. But if people prefer to do Bo3 I'm ok with that.

Top Bottom