• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ASL] HASL II Results

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, big thanks to everyone who came out and helped make Alabama Smash League's first season a success. Without further ado, here are your results for Huntsville Area Smash League II.

BRAWL SINGLES:

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

1: Reflex :ivysaur::wario: ($125)
2: Kismet :falco::toonlink: ($60)
3: Player-1 :diddy: ($25)
4: 4GOD :dedede: ($10)
5: Micaelis :wario:
5: Spade :marth::toonlink:
7: McPe :wolf:
7: Player-3 :marth::luigi2::fox:
9: Hero!? :peach:
9: Ryker :falco::ike::marth:
9: Cam :pikachu2:
9: DRN :zerosuitsamus::falco:
13: DYNO :wario:
13: popsofctown :sheilda::dedede:
13: CHEAP :wario:
13: Justin Mixon :luigi2::mario2:
17: GeorgeTHPS :samus::kirby2:
17: CrimsonSun :kirby2::pikachu2:
17: BrownScourge :bowser:
17: Twinster :falco:
17: AML? :gw:
17: Moth :marth:
17: theONEjanitor :pit:
17: JTMerrel :wolf: :ness:
25: Awake
25: UG
25: Dameon
25: YAWP
25: rippr
25: PoPe
25: Will
25: Josiah
33: Jake
33: Preston
33: Joseph
33: DooSH
33: Guapo
33: Samuel
39: Reshaan
39: Blue

BRAWL DOUBLES:

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

1: Shy Guys Finish Last (Reflex :charizard::wario: and Kismet :falco::toonlink:) ($60)
2: 80's Montage Material (Player-1 :diddy: and DRN) ($30)
3: Shiny Wafts (McPe :wolf: and Dyno :wario:) ($10)
4: One night stand (Ryker :ike::falco: and AML?! :gw:)
5: Where the **** is cam? (Spade :marth: and Cam :pikachu2:)
5: Royale with Cheese (CHEAP :wario: and Pops :dedede::snake:)
7: Hypertension (Awake and Sane)
7: Will and Sam
9: Shock and owe (Guapo and ripper)
9: Joe's fine dough pizza (Yawp and Aries)

MELEE SINGLES:

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

1: Chad
2: j00t
3: Moogle
4: Wes
5: CHEAP
5: MSlano
7: St.Rage
7: Reflex
9: DaBomb
9: Player 3
9: JMIX
9: Spade
13: Overdose
13: DYNO
13: 4GOD
13: Ryker
17: Player 1
17: AML?
17: UG
17: Hero!?
17: Zach
17: Falco
17: NinjaFoxX
25: Rob
25: popsofctown
25: Dameon

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And then the results thread was up and I was a asleep. Shout-outs later. This tourney was hella fun.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
MCP losing to double Wario. I do feel bad for the guy.
You should watch the matches when they get put up online. Especially how dumb our first match is. He's blatantly pretty much winning... until the grabs. Such a sad sad match-up. Oh well.

*Copy and pasted from Tournament Thread

*If only I had to drive another 40 mins or so, I could watch the sunrise!

Welp, I made it back. Off to bed with me now. I had a lot of fun at this tournament and I'll do shout outs later. Awesome tournament guys! Good to see everyone as always.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts: ya'll cool peeps, etc.

Whoever I was talking to about Super MNC, add me on Steam. Same name as here.

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Definitely a fun tournament. I gots to step up my game, though. Everyone is improving, and after this tournament, I see that I need to play much smarter!

Higgens

Smash Cadet
It was alot of fun, but next time I promise I'm making it out of the pools! I'm gonna take a wii to work and a small tv and start doing meth so I can get plenty of practice in!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Fun tournament, IMO it was most well run tournament of the season.

shoutouts to michael for driving and CPing to RC. Legit CP.

shoutouts to dyno for the last minute clutch on driving and getting McPe here

shoutouts to McPe for the close set vs Reflex, and good set with michael as well, you're so good bro.

shoutouts to jorge for the fun set as usual, always love playing you <3

shoutouts to reflex for winning and beating me and stuff

shoutouts to kismet for beating me on RC, even if it was cuz I SDed :(

shoutouts chima and angelo for also making the car ride fun

shoutouts to chas for losing to luigi, luigi broke

shoutouts to joe for winning as luigi, luigi broke

shoutouts to spade for ggs, I know the marth MU too well :)

shoutouts to brownscourage for best bowser, bowser too good

shoutouts to ryker cuz ryker is a pretty cool guy

shoutouts to cam and ryker and other ppl who helped on the well runned tournament

shoutouts to angelo, joe, luis, joelorge for mario kart

shoutouts to Nick for housing us

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You should watch the matches when they get put up online. Especially how dumb our first match is. He's blatantly pretty much winning... until the grabs. Such a sad sad match-up. Oh well.

*Copy and pasted from Tournament Thread

*If only I had to drive another 40 mins or so, I could watch the sunrise!

Welp, I made it back. Off to bed with me now. I had a lot of fun at this tournament and I'll do shout outs later. Awesome tournament guys! Good to see everyone as always.
Oh, I plan on watching them, he's supposed to #4 Wolf.

I know how lame the Wario matchup is, I played reflex. You think you are safe and easily outclassing the wario (for 1 stock, lolol), Wario decides to pivot grab you. You get to 200...you don't live. Repeat minus the outclassing the Wario because you are so pissed off that you just went from 40% to 200%, and you were just sitting there for about a minute watching him CG. I almost asked him if he would just pause the game at 220% so I could go take a leak during it.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
YAWP used Toon Link in singles as well and I also used Ness in singles. I can also tell that I am improving from these tournaments! This was a lot of fun. Hope to see you guys again soon!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Fun tournament, IMO it was most well run tournament of the season.
:)
shoutouts to cam and ryker and other ppl who helped on the well runned tournament
:(

I just now woke up after crashing from the tournament.

Thanks for all the players who made this tournament easy to run. We had lots of setups which was very helpful, and people have more fun that way in friendlies too. People were very good about using extra setups to finish pools quickly, and they played their bracket matches pretty well too. Whenever I checked on brackets people were already playing their games.

Thanks to everyone who helped me run the tournament. Leon, Patrick, and Kareem helped a lot even though they don't have enough Brawl experience to enjoy an event at this level as much as most and that was very generous of them. They helped to promote UAH smash club, which if you live in the Huntsville area you should come check out no matter how good you are!

Thanks to Cam, Nick, Ryker, Kevin Tonn, and Spade for helping amounts ranging from tonns to tremendously. If I forgot to thank you, that is Cam's fault, he was in charge of thanking everyone.

Shoutouts:

Ryker- were fun to talk to during the event and helped me unwind after friendlies.

Luis and Calvin - I've decided that one of you needs to stop being a Good Guy Greg and become an obnoxious jerk so that I have someone to root for during your intense finals. I suggest you play a Mario battle game to decide who, seems the only competition sacred enough to determine something so important.

Rob - we should catch up >_<

Nick - Make me watch some of your games nextime, I want to watch you improve! You placed really well.

Scourge - WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS GAME. I said that to myself when you nearly 0-deathed my DDD once. You're always fun to play with.

Cam - Remind me to talk to you about something. Also you bought food for EVERYONE you are crazy squared.

Everyone else: I'm tired (from sleeping too much all at once) and also my programs have been spontaneously combusting so I don't want to lose another longpost. Maybe I'll remember you and edit later.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I picked up Super Mario Bros. 3 Battle Mode pretty quickly. Hitting infinites and locking people down all day.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Pops: Good work hosting the tournament. People should give credit where credit is due. I tend to be active while I'm at a tournament, presidential expectations I suppose. However, you were the man behind the scenes, and I know everyone appreciates it. Hunter even said that this was the best run tournament of the season.

PoPe: Thank you for helping Alex set up stuff for the tournament. I'm glad you feel you have an investment in the smash community, even if you aren't super into the game yourself.

CIN: Also thanks for helping to host. Sorry you couldn't hang out with us for longer.

Ryker: Good job managing the brackets. I think we made the right call when we found those duplicates.

Spade: Stop being so good. No, but really, I wasn't mad that I lost per se. I was honestly just mad that I didn't make it a close match like last time. When I saw you zero-to-death Player-3, I knew you were the chosen one to eventually liberate Alabama from the reign of a tyrant.

AML: I almost banged my head against the wall when I forgot to ban Brinstar. Good games. We should play more often.

Reflex: I'm still impressed you were able to hit those high notes on Bohemian Rhapsody. My mom also really liked you for some reason (they aren't very good judges of character after all). Good Ganon/Falcon games the night before and thanks for riding up with me.

Blue: Thank you so much for bringing your iPod. We would have all been so bored on the way up without it.

TY: Darn your work! I wanted you to be able to enter the tournament.

4GOD: I hope you feel better than you did the other day. I want to play you at the next tournament; I need more experience against D3.

Micaelis: Thanks for helping to seed the brackets. Close games. I hope you don't think my choice of RC was too gimmicky; I really just wanted a low ceiling to work with, and you banned Halberd.

Player-1: I'm glad you actually enjoyed this tournament. Thanks also for helping to seed the brackets, and congrats on third. I personally was rooting for you against Calvin. I'm tired of seeing Reflex vs Kismet all day long.

Wes: Thanks for creating some hype for Melee by doing crew battles. I didn't get to talk to you much, but let me know if you have some ideas for Melee in season 2. We will be going back to normal payouts.

Kismet: I found some synonyms for the word "basically": http://thesaurus.com/browse/basically

JMIX: You always have such a good attitude, and it was contagious at this tournament. Also, you never seem to choke in match. I would get a stock lead on you, then you would just poke me at 65% and we would be back to even. Good games.

T1J: Your Pit honestly surprised me. I didn't expect it to be so polished by this point. I thought I would have a relatively easy time approaching and getting passed arrows, but I was dead wrong. You seemed a lot more patient than when you played Snake. I think it's a good switch for you.

Everyone else: Thanks for coming out to HASL. HASL was originally my brainchild, so even if I'm not the main TO anymore, it still means a lot to me to see it doing so well.

-Chad-

Slackerator
this tourny proves...

game and watch and pikachu are top tier.

falco vs falcon
must switch to better char to deal with falcon.
pika vs g&w after

MINDBLOWING

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
This. Huntsville is too cool.
There will be more Mario 3 Battle Mode from now on. And even more Melee setups. Because it's Huntsville.

Thanks ASL for keeping Melee on the agenda. We love that game and can't stop playing it.

Pops, we shall catch up soon.

Duchock, George, T1J, it's been too long, guys. More love to our Bham/Ttown brethren.

Holy ****, crew battles.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Um....soon. I have to upload the replay files to whatever drop box we're using....but I don't know how to access it yet. If someone can give me a link (which will probably be Cam) I can upload the files, but from there I think other people will be capturing them and uploading to YT.

EDIT: I got what replays I could uploaded to the drop box (for whoever is capturing them). There were no replays recorded on setups 3, 6, 8, or 9 for the correct date/time but there are still 84 replays saved.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Double post for Teh Shoutoutz.

Reflex - You are awesome. What else is there haha. I'm sad we didn't even get to play seriouslies though. I mean, I guess I don't mind that we didn't meet up in brackets...

Kismet - I feel like I've played you at the last like at least 3 tournaments I've been to lol.

Player-1 - You do know the Marth MU too well....I'ma whip out a Wario or Falco or TL next time.

Spade - You did pretty well this time around....You just need a secondary now lol.

Player-3 - I'm pretty surprised I actually won that set in brackets. Your Marth is really good, though I play that ditto pretty often I guess...

Hero!? - I didn't even see you bro... :[

Ryker - I'm sorry I know the Falco MU so well....Oh and teams at PoPe's after the tourney were too fun :D When I get a job I promise you I'm gonna split those Mozzarella sticks w/ you dude. Fun seeing you.

Cam - I think you subconsciously feel like you have to lose against me when we meet up in matches/brackets. :[ RC was a good CP though. Also I think everyone plays a little more nervously in tourney matches as opposed to friendlies, so that could be another factor. Also I'm not mad at you personally for throwing me into Ike's smashes in teams, just salty in general :p Thanks for helping us out at the tourney. Cam too good.

DYNO - WE ARE GOING TO ****ING TEAM AT THE NEXT TOURNEY. Nuff said. Oh and Wario is AMAZING in teams which I'm sure you know. :D Wish we coulda played friendlies.

popsofctown - Thank you so much for being an amazing TO. Actually, you seemed to be pretty relaxed about the whole thing, which is probably why everything ran so smoothly amongst other things.

JMIX - GGs in Melee brackets, son. I think I had adjusted to the game about halfway through the set and managed to win it :D You are a great guy and a fun and exciting person to be around.

BrownScourge - Make it to more Huntsville Smashfests.

AML - When you CP'd me to Brinstar in pools, I put banning Brinstar against GWs in my long term memory. Fun stuff.

theONEjanitor - Your pit makes me wonder why he isn't higher up on the tier list. For some reason I have trouble approaching you lol. GGs though.

PoPe - Thanks for being generous, helping run the tourney, and being cool. Actually, I look up to you bro. No homo.

Jake - You should seriously consider going to more tournaments. You will get so much better.... :S
DooSH - Fun seeing you. Though you probably won't even read this.

Blue - Keep working on getting better dude. :D

MELEE PEEPS: That crew battle was awesome. You guys are all awesome, despite some mean comments towards Brawl on occasion. Makes me wish I was part of the Melee competitive scene when it was THE thing, because you guys are all fun to be around. I'm gonna do better next time in brackets.

GOOD S*** GUYS.

AwakenedM

Smash Rookie
NNID
Awakened-M
GG's everybody! I wish my doubles partner didn't bail on me in the middle of the tournament. :p I totally blew it in the singles. :x
My Zelda needs more work. I'll keep dazzling with my Love Jumps. :D

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
AML - When you CP'd me to Brinstar in pools, I put banning Brinstar against GWs in my long term memory. Fun stuff.
Ha yeah. I always go to Brinstar when people don't ban it :p It's a good stage to ban against GnW. That being said, I need to step up my game! We had a fun set, and I would like to play you more. I'll learn that Marth matchup haha

Player-3

Smash Hero
Player-3 - I'm pretty surprised I actually won that set in brackets. Your Marth is really good, though I play that ditto pretty often I guess...
haha don't cut yourself so short man

i'm pretty sure i said it in the middle of the set but we play almost exactly the same as marth

you just didn't choke with your lead game 3 :p

GGs

Top Bottom