• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NOM #16: Are You Ready RESULTS 1/28/12

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
The sixteenth installment of New Orleans Monthlies was a blast, hadn't had nearly as much hype and fun since I started running these things. Shoutouts to the crews, and more specifically Blaise, for making the trip out here for the tournament. Without yall, we wouldn't have had any turnout at all. The dedication I see is inspiring.

Anyways, the results:
Brawl Doubles
5 teams, $5 entry per person
Doubles Round Robin Image

1. Horny Butthole (Lee & Zigsta) :metaknight: / :bowser2: ($35)
2. Team Africa (JNig & Adam!) :warioc: / :diddy: :dk2: :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: :dedede: :marth: ($15)
3. 1700 ELO (Gunner & Okuser) :pikachu2: :jigglypuff: / :metaknight: :snake: :ganondorf:
4. That's How Johnny C Do (Blote & Teb) :toonlink: :ike: / :wolf:
5. The Pedeaux Clan (Cows & Sarah) :ganondorf: :pikachu2: / :marth:

Brawl Singles
14 entrants, $5 entry
Singles Bracket Image

1. Lee ($42) :metaknight: :dedede:
2. JNig ($21) :warioc:
3. Adam! ($7) :diddy: :dk2: :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus:
4. Gunner :pikachu2: :zerosuitsamus:
5. .D :metaknight: :kirby2: :dedede:
5. Okuser :metaknight: :snake:
7. Freddy :metaknight:
7. Zigsta :bowser2:
9. Blote :toonlink: :ike:
9. Blaise :mario2: :sheik:
9. Cows :pikachu2:
9. Teb :wolf:
13. Sarah :marth:
13. ESO :lucas: ?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I only used Bowser in singles.

HOLY FUUUUUUUUU I just noticed all the characters above me are high tier. o.0

Okuser

Smash Ace
SHOUTOUTS-

Lee- Had fun playing you in doubles

JNig- Your wario so good! our tournament set was pretty good, don't know why I CP'd frigate!!

Adam!- I've never played a DK in my life, now I have to go look up wtf he does lol. had fun in our matches, don't know how game 3 would've turned out if I managed my time better. GG.

Gunner - Stop SD'ing! We lost doubles matches because of it and you missed out on 3rd place because of it too!

.D- was impressed with your DDD and kirby

Freddy - you've got a great MK!

Zigsta- you are REALLY ****ing good but the limitations of that character are just impossible to get past :(

Blote-

Blaise-

Cows- your pika is great, on snake if you're buffering the dthrows perfectly I can't pull nades out and get CG'd to 100+ if I get caught without grab protection.

Teb

Sarah- your match vs adam was awesome, always have fun playing friendlies with you.

ESO- better luck at BRM

BSP

Smash Legend
Sounds like it was fun

Attention everyone: Bring all your salt to BRM :smirk:

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I played mario and sheik, 0 snake matches. Nice meeting you Zigsta, looks like bowser finally got one over on ole mario. Thanks to Jnig as always, I never regret going to your events.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Lol I was ***** by traffic and wound up coming late. To those I saw, you know who you are. :troll:

Adam!

Smash Apprentice
Tourney was fun. I hate Zigsta a lot
now(<3).

LOL @ Okuser timing himself out

@Gunner, you would've lost either way, getcha weight up son

I'm the best

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
After 2 ghost's during skullbash on yoshi's directly leading to stocks, and the most random SD (even for me...) at 2 stocks even, I doubt it. Great matches either way though; I hope you enter BRM's singles.

:phone:

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Tourney was fun. I hate Zigsta a lot
now(<3).

LOL @ Okuser timing himself out

@Gunner, you would've lost either way, getcha weight up son

I'm the best
Good **** repping DK man. You've actually got usable secondaries too. I'm jelly =x

You guys down in New Orleans should host something hype, get some NY/NJ people to come down. I'm interested in traveling a lot more this year =)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Will, we do have something in the mix that's gonna be big, we're still working everything out right now.

And now, for shoutouts:
Lee- Maybe next time I'll go full Wario, or pick a solid CP against Dedede that I'll have actually practiced for. This time, my body wasn't ready...
Adam- Good job getting 3rd, next time don't let me body you so hard. And pay for your singles entry next time, you got it back this time, didn't you?
Gunner- Good shiz beating Facey, I bet he was mad salty on the ride home lol. I swear, just about every other match I see you, you SD. Work on that, and you'll be gold.
.D- You mad? LOLOLOL Gather some confidence in yourself, you won the first BRM, right? You gotta put in the work!
Okuser- Good first match against me, you reminded me not all MK's play the same, kept getting hit y everything! As for your CP, pick something more to MK's liking, Frigate wouldn't have even been my 3rd choice.
Freddy- Shoop bop good to see you again! Hopefully I'll see you at more NOM's, cuz it doesn't look like any other tourney is gonna be MK legal.
Zigsta- Yes, I am mad. I should've just gone and gimped/wafted you for camping so hard, but you know, Lee and all, saving your ***.
Blote, Teb, Cows, and Sarah- Thank you guys so much for coming with Zigsta, hope you guys had as much fun as I did. Cows, that GANON!
Blaise- Willing to make the drive, LIKE A BOSS!

Once again, thank you guys for coming, keeping it real!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
SHOUTOUTS:

-Lee--It was sooooo fun teaming with you! Thanks for getting my back, especially when I ran and planked HARD in GFs. Our friendlies were also really fun. You've gotten even better since Apex--you really make me play all out, and I love that! Hope to see you again before I move. :)

-JNigzzzzzzzzzzzzzz--WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SMD YOU SCRUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For real, thanks for running this. I had tons of fun here. Our matches were tons of fun as always. Dat upair on my poor Jiggs!

-Adam--That pocket salty MK! I'm just gonna beat you with Bowser next time 'cuz ALL your secondaries are Jiggs's hardest counters in the game. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! Thanks for giving me yo money.

-Gunner--Fun matches as always, man. I think I've got you next time. ;)

-.D--Our MM was fun even though Jiggs is sooooooooooooo bad. XD Glad I never have to go Jiggs versus Kirby, haha.

-Okuser--The most hype match EVER. Also, Bowser's bad, but I honestly haven't been able to practice often recently. I'm getting back into a flow, though, so we'll see. :)

-Freddy--Fun friendlies!

-Blot--The chillest black Smasher EVER. Good stuff beating Lee that one game in Mahvel. XD

-Blaise--Our matches were fun! Glad to meet another LT player. Your Mario is good--I just think that Bowser beats Mario. (FINALLY.)

-Cows--You're always SOOO close to doing just a little bit better. You're definitely getting better at playing safer.

-Teb--Sorry we had to play, bud. Roll less!

-Sarah--I WANTED YOU TO BEAT ADAM SOOOOO BAD.

-ESO--Don't sweat losing. Just play safer, and you'll place higher.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sorry man, I didn't have the time to travel to the last AL tournament. It just wasn't meant to be! :(

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thanks man! We'd been saving that name for a looooooong time.

:phone:

Top Bottom