• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourney Moved to Ballin's (close thread).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Who: You
What: Melee tournament to get us ready for SMYM. Also a Brawl tournament to help me decide what the 5th neutral shall be for up coming events.
Where: TBA
When: TBA
Why: Because you really want to get top 5 at SMYM. And play on Pirate Ship.

Melee Singles-5 dollars if no OOS interest, maybe 10 if that would be incentive.
Melee Doubles-6~10 dollars.
Brawl Singles-2 dollars if no OOS interest, 5 if.
Brawl Doubles-2 dollars if no OOS interest, 6~10 if.

I would be willing to host another random, old school fighter/game tournament so long as I don't think it sucks.

Melee Rules: SMYM (APEX)

Brawl Rules: Metaknight Banned. 3 stock, 9 minutes, no cheating, no stalling, quit camping the damn ledge, no standing infinites. 3 stage bans. You may only play on a stage once per set unless otherwise agreed upon. Please don't use banned stages, even if agreed upon. Not the purpose of this event. B/O 3 until LF/WF/GF then B/O 5. If GF goes into 2nd set, both players are allowed to switch stage bans.

Also I would like people to keep track of what stages they went to for neutral selection, and if that's not too much, counter picks.

Neutrals: :delfino: :fdb: :halberd: :pirateship: :ps2:

Counterpicks: :greengreens: :mansion: :japes: :pictochat: :rainbowcruise: :summit: (seriously)

Banned: :75M:(bad stage) :battlefieldb: (no-brainer neutral) :brinstar: (bad stage) :castlesiege: (bad stage) :distantplanet: (bad stage) :flatzone2: (bad stage) :frigate: (bad stage) :hanenbow: (I really thought about making this legal) :eldin: (bad stage) :corneria: (bad stage) :greenhill: (bad stage) :lylat: (no-brainer neutral) :mariobros: (bad stage) :mariocircuit: (bad stage) :mky: (bad stage) :mutecity: (bad stage) :npc: (bad stage) :norfair: (bad stage) :onett: (bad stage) :ps1: (bad stage) :porttown: (bad stage) :rumblefalls: (bad stage) :shadowmoses: (thought about making legal) :skyworld: (bad stage) :smashville: (no-brainer neutral) :spearpillar: (bad stage) :yoshisb: (no-brainer neutral)

Yes, Yoshi's Island, Battlefield, Smashville and Lylat are BANNED FROM PLAY. Those are the 4 obvious neutrals that should be used, but idk what the 5th one should be so......

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
People who have read my thoughts on stages for brawl will probably come in here and go crazy. I really don't like the no stage bans thing in B/O 5 for melee, but I can't really think of a neutral for singles, DK is probably a good idea to be left for doubles only.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
This is the most Midwest stagelist I have ever seen and I love it.

Why on earth would you leave FD on as a neutral of all stages what the hell

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, for those of you who don't stalk me over the internet (I do have a few people who just go through and read my posts because I'm the best troll so long as you keep track of my idiosyncrasies).

The reason that the Neutrals are the way they are is because I want to determine what the best 5th stage for the actual neutral stage. And despite how sad I am, FD is probably technically more neutral than all of the CPs. IMO, if we just banned Kirby Characters Delfino would be an awesome starter as the Brawl version of Melee's PS1. (No MK, no Walk-Offs). But since the community refuses to address the DeDeDe problem, I've got to shoot fish in barrels for a while.

However, in the original version, FD and Pictochat were switched.

Pirate Ship is a neutral because more than half of the active Nebraska PR (since Trent/Thugz are technically no longer eligable for the PR) ****ing love that stage. There is about a 9% chance that it will end up as the actual 5th neutral, but I plan on doing my damnedest to play on that stage.

Top Bottom