• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare for SMYM! - Feb 18th - featuring Ballin, JBM, Tyser(no homo),

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
-UPDATE-

Tournament will be on Feb 18th.
Will be mostly Melee.

The address is
Kauffman Residential Center
630 N. 14th Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

Be here at 1pm

People from Omaha are confirmed. Still waiting to hear from KC.

Apex Ruleset: http://apexsmash.com/rules/rules-melee/

Melee Singles: $5
Melee Teams $8 Per Team

Venue Fee: $1 (waived for OoS people or if you bring setup)

Brawl Singles: Who cares
Brawl Teams: idc, you guys figure it out.

For questions, contact me at 402.708.4182

PS. If anyone wants to $50 MM me in 1v1 Counter-Strike 1.6 on fy_iceworld, bring your computer and we'll make it happen =)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Info you are missing

Brawl Singles-2 dollars if no OOS interest, 5 if.
Brawl Doubles-2 dollars if no OOS interest, 6~10 if.

Brawl Rules: Metaknight Banned. 3 stock, 9 minutes, no cheating, no stalling, quit camping the damn ledge, no standing infinites. 3 stage bans. You may only play on a stage once per set unless otherwise agreed upon. Please don't use banned stages, even if agreed upon. Not the purpose of this event. B/O 3 until LF/WF/GF then B/O 5. If GF goes into 2nd set, both players are allowed to switch stage bans.

Also I would like people to keep track of what stages they went to for neutral selection, and if that's not too much, counter picks.

Neutrals: :delfino: :fdb: :halberd: :pirateship: :ps2:

Counterpicks: :greengreens: :mansion: :japes: :pictochat: :rainbowcruise: :summit: (seriously)

Yes, Yoshi's Island, Battlefield, Smashville and Lylat are BANNED FROM PLAY. Those are the 4 obvious neutrals that should be used, but idk what the 5th one should be so......

resTy

Smash Champion
I don't get why there's (no homo) next to my name. But anyways, get rid of Brawl. Shit's a joke.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think that's the best rule, if it doesn't explicity say you can't cheat, why shouldn't I cheat if I can win, right?

Lux you coming? Sounds like it won't be expensive to find people to go with, HondaFoo is "for sure coming" and I don't think it would take much to convince Jace or Massive or even Strong Bad, which would rule since he way dissed my brawl rules.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Sorry to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be running a KC local this date >_>

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
By having Brawl be the main event.

Riddle solved

Jace08

Smash Lord
dang ballin you live so far away! I always thought we were just like 2 and a half hours away from all the NE dudes

I'd love to go to this, but I dunno... I'll see if I can get the crew interested

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
yeah jace, hopefully you can make it. Honda said he would like to go, and ask massive too. I owe that dood for so many things lol.
quote: lol that's not me man. srry.
delux: date is not set in stone. weekend before or after that weekend would also work.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah, some other date might work better for people and stuff.

Honda did express that driving an extra hour west might not be preferable when I talked to him on facebook earlier today (last night at like 4:00 a.m.).

If that gets in the way of OOS, those kauffman guys did say that they could potentially host.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
the thing is, kauffman is has a pretty small lounge.
and there is a bigger classroom we could do it in, but doors are locked and have to be opened by someone that lives there every time, and its kinda difficult to get around.
We could do it though if that means the difference between people from KC coming or not.

Also, you guys from KC could come to Lincoln, and then carpool with me to my house in York.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
I live in lincoln, which is the same distance as omaha from u guys I think.
But my house in york would be a really good venue.
We could do it in lincoln as well tho.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Just confirming that the date and location have changed, right?

Saturday the 18th at Kauffman Hall in Lincoln, NE. So this is much closer.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T GIVE UP CONTROL OF THREADS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T USE SMASHBOARDS! :p Even though it's technically your tournament now, anyway.

"Hey guys,

The Feb. 18th tournament that is being put on to practice for SMYM is pretty much officially going to be at the dorms. For those of you who do not, in fact, attend UNL, here's the address:

Kauffman Residential Center
630 N. 14th Street
Lincoln, NE 68508

I have no idea what time the tournament will be; I'm sure Bolun can help you out with that. I'm sure ALL of the tournament information will be re-posted by him on SmashBoards soon anyways. But if anyone has any questions about the venue, parking, or directions, feel free to call/text me at (402) 981-3230 or to just shoot me a message here."

darf nate

Smash Cadet
ah man i would totally go but i work 3-9 that saturday... i need to play with you guys off of here sometimes. Is this tournament still gonna have melee or is it brawl only now?

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
Info is updated.
Massive - Lily REALLY wants you to come lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think Strong Bads tournament is going to get most of Kansas on this date tbh.

I know Thugz is mad we changed it too, since he got a ticket to omaha for this, lolol.

resTy

Smash Champion
I won't be here. It's my birthday and my dad's (we have the same birthday) and we're going out.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
I think Strong Bads tournament is going to get most of Kansas on this date tbh.

I know Thugz is mad we changed it too, since he got a ticket to omaha for this, lolol.
you think we should have another tournament on the 25th as well?
thugz didn't even say anything to me lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Top Bottom