• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pathways Smash XII February feat. Vts, Ugvts, Strongvts

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PathwaysSmash
AllIsBrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13059
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/144378932348094/
Springfield, MO discussion thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298346
Organizer/Host: Terral

No venue fee; tournament fees per-game will not surpass $10 (singles + doubles), but we usually decide when we get there. Please bring your own controller. We are planning to start at 1:00 PM, arriving earlier than that is unwise if you don't enjoy standing around. Bringing setups (TV + console + game) or partial setups is hugely appreciated.

February will feature Brawl and Melee events. Meta Knight will be banned in all Brawl events. It's been a while since we did a side-event, so we may include a mid-tier bracket for one of the games or something along those lines.

Other games may also be featured on the side, such as Super Smash Bros 64 or Super Street Fighter 4. If participants want to bring a game (any game), they should bring a full setup (TV + system + game and ideally an extension cord/power strip) for it to be played on, and we may have a single-elimination event if there's demand.

If your match is on a recorded setup, please use identifying nicknames so that the one running the setup has an easier time keeping track of who is who when they are uploaded.

If you plan on showing up, it would be ideal to post here or contact Terral in advance. This is to ensure that we know how many people to expect, and won't start the brackets before everyone has arrived.

Tournaments are roughly scheduled for the third Saturday of each month, but this changes on a monthly basis.

For the curious, there should be some kind of food and soda, and the venue has water fountains. Expect pizza, but there's a good chance we will need to pool together money.

If you think you may need to text someone, just ask and Terral can provide a cellphone number. Make sure you have at least one person's number from the main group in order to be let in, as the doors need to be kept locked.

Venue Details

Name: Pathways United Methodist Church
Address: 1232 E. Dale Street
Springfield, Missouri, United States

Don't break anything, keep to the rooms where the tournament is in. The tournament will most likely be in the basement; facing the main parking lot, there is a dark metal door by a window and drain-thing, inside the door the basement stairs are to the left.

Rules[COLLAPSE="Brawl"]Using the newest version of the BBR Unity Ruleset, with added match-up specific rules. Meta Knight is banned. PS2 also is removed from counter-pick. We may drop Unity in favor of a custom rule set; this is up for discussion.

Double elimination
3 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (or 2 of 3 if players agree)

1-stock format: 3 minute timer, best of 5, 7 for finals

Match-up specific rules:
- If a character matchup is chosen that has a character-specific infinite or near-infinite, if the character with an infinite counter-picked the other player, the disadvantaged player may choose to reset the character selection process (they choose a different character, opponent counter-picks again; this can happen only once)
Affected:
Dedede's standing infinite (Mario, Luigi, Samus, Donkey Kong)
Marth's re-grab (Ness, Lucas)

First round of a set:
- select characters for first set
- strike out stages from starter: one player strikes two stages, other strikes three, first strikes one.
- each player may ban a stage for the set
After:
- loser chooses counter-pick stage*
- winner chooses character
- loser chooses character

- When choosing a character, multi-character slots are to be specified (ie ZSS or Samus, Shiek or Zelda); Pokemon Trainer may be randomized, and random (slot) is a legal selection

* You can't counter-pick a stage that you've already won on in the set, unless agreed upon

Starter:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Melee"]4 stocks, 8 minute timer, items off/none
Best 2 of 3, 3 of 5 for finals (2 of 3 if players agree)
Wobbling is banned

Character choice/stage selection is identical to Brawl's rules. Random is a legal character choice; character may be randomized ONCE as the last step before starting the game.

Starter:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter-pick:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Doubles changes:
Starter: Pokemon Stadium
Counter: Kongo Jungle 64, Rainbow Cruise
Banned: Fountain of Dreams[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Smash 64"]5 stocks, items none
Best 2 of 3, recommended 3 of 5 for finals
DK's infinite cargo hold is banned

Starter Stages: Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle, Dream Land
Counterpick Stage: Peach's Castle.[/COLLAPSE]Super Street Fighter 4:
Play for best of 3 best of 3, with finals being best of 5 best of 3. Double elimination. Random stage, since picking is pointless.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
I might show up. Kinda depends how my schedule for that week is. I've had to do something every Saturday for the past month, so if the cycle continues, I might not be able to make it. I'll see though.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Definitely a no-go on this one, my sister's wedding is that day.
Sounds like even more reason to go. You could even bring all of the guests.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Hmm might come to this and try all sopo lol.

not sure how far i'll get, maybe 10th?
Why would you travel to a tournament you believe you'll lose in? I think you're confident that you can beat us all with SoPo, but you're lying to catch us off guard.

I SEE THROUGH YOUR MYSTERIOUS WAYS.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I was thinking about including a mid-tier event (if people want to), SoPo could be allowed for it.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
hmm i *might* go to this only because it's close, and i probably wouldn't enter anything.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Awesome, it'll be good to see you guys again.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Nah man my luigi has this tournament, or my sopo as my 2ndary lol.

idk why IC don't count since they are B tier.
I challenge you to a duel! If you win you get my "Ug," but if I win I get to take your capital "V."

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I guess the question for mid-tier is whether to use C and lower or D and lower.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So, less than four days.

I've heard Pikachu is going to win this.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm excited for this tournament. I'm going to try my hardest to play as much as possible to get in a ton of practice.

Michael, are we teaming? We would have made 3rd, even possibly 2nd if you came to Rolla. There's no doubt we'll have first here. Besides, when was the last time we teamed?!

Top Bottom