• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EE and Lie Present: It Begins

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I don't have the full bracket so i'm going off memory, but here are the results to the best of my knowledge:

Singles Results (21 entrants)

1. Lie :diddy::metaknight: ($120)
2. Omni :metaknight: ($60)
3. EE :metaknight::snake: ($20)
4. NOID :sheik::samus2:
5. Luckay4Lyphe :pit::pikachu2:
5. Coney :ness2::dedede:
7. Jrugs :snake:
7. Boss :luigi2::mario2:
9. Pink Fresh :wario:
9. ESOJ :diddy:
9. Poyo :metaknight:
9. Lol. :jigglypuff::falco:
13. Tantalus :rob:
13. Bloodynite :ganondorf:
13. Sage :gw:
13. Tanman :marth:
17. KraftyDevil :rob:
17. Sheth :luigi2:
17. Relaxed :pit:
17. Bob :luigi2:
17. SSR :peach:

Doubles Results: (7 teams)

1. Lie + Boss ($75)
2. Seagull + Omni ($40)
3. ESOJ + Luckay ($15)
4. Tanman + Sage
5. Tantalus + Kraftydevil
5. Bloodynite + Bob
7. Ping + Mock

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ He had to go

this was really fun, like really really fun. Thanks everyone who came out <333

:017:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Pretty sure my brother was the other 9th instead of Tanman and I think the "???" is SSR cause my brother beat him first round. I dunno what Tanman's placing would be then. I also think No-ID's Sheik should be listed before his Samus, he went Sheik to beat Omni in Winner's after his Samus lost game 1 and the same after Luckay beat his Samus game 1 in loser's too. Anyway, shoutouts time!

1. Lie - Fun MM, that grab release on the SV platform to fair was so legit, LOL.

2. Omni - Fun tourney set, wish didn't have to play in loser's so early though, but still fun to play you anyway. :D

3. EE - Beat Mario and Samus to get top 3?! LET'S GOEZ!

4. NOID - Fun MM, wish I got to play you in tourney too, but you beating Omni in winner's didn't give me that chance. Hey, at least we got to play. XD

5. Luckay4Lyphe - Good set. Disappointed in myself for losing game 3, but I learned from the set at least. XD

5. Coney - Unfortunate we didn't get to play. D:

7. Jrugs - Good MMs, you did better than I expected. I hope my advice after our MMs helped you out. Good stuff beating Pink too.

7. Boss - Stop going Mario vs MKs, we all know you could've gotten top 3! XD

9. Pink Fresh - Try going your MK vs Snakes if you don't like the match-up as Lucas.

9. ESOJ - I never saw you play Kirby! ;_;

9. Poyo - Disappointed in my placement, but I did good in most of my MMs and realized something. I never care about the money, so when I play MMs, I can play emotionlessly or enjoyably, in tourney I don't play my best due to pressure. I learned this tourney which is good. XD

9. Tanman?? - I don't think you got 9th but... Sup?

13. Tantalus - GGs. You're really washed up though, we should've had a way closer set than that. =/

13. Bloodynite - WE NO GET TO DO MARIO VS GANON?!

13. Sage - Not sure exactly who you are, but I think you were one of the people I did random teams with? If so, those games were fun. XD

13. ??? - Is this SSR? I think so. Not certain though...

17. KraftyDevil - Fun MM. Enter more tourneys and you'll get better!

17. Sheth - We played random teams right?

17. Relaxed - We played random teams right?

17. Bob - We played random teams right?

Well those are my shoutouts! Once again GGs to all! :D

Sage1400

Smash Cadet
I like how it says I got 13th, but really I didn't ;-; I won round 1, went to losers round 2, won my 3rd match, then lost to ESOJ and got knocked out. You swapped me and tanman, I'm supposed to be 9th

edit: I also like how I'm MK and not G&W :( sadface

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Pretty sure my brother was the other 9th instead of Tanman and I think the "???" is SSR cause my brother beat him first round. I dunno what Tanman's placing would be then.
x_x. I recall seeing SSR's name on 17th, with mine on 9th, before I congratulated EE on his placing, when we were beside the laptop. I'd been checking the results before we left.

But yay, shoutouts. O:

Boss - We'll start inviting you over more so you can practice a lot, like we used to!

SSR - That was a fun set, and I hope we're able to play more friendlies in the future!.. Maybe with a much lower setup to the ground, though. Haha.

Poyo - You don't need Adderall, you just need to identify what you need to practice-- In-game, and out-of.

Noid - Next time, we'll have a way more interesting set! I'll make up for those last two! Arghhh. x_x.

Azen Zagentwo - I hope we'll see you at more events!

Coney - JIGGLYPUFF IS YOUR ANSWER!!!

Bloodynite - Play a secondary! You don't need to drop Ganondorf completely, or even at all, but find another character that you feel is ideal, fun, or has options which you feel can be utilized effectively, and consistently! Then practice that character for a fraction of whenever you have free time, and use it when you feel comfortable with it!

Luckay - We'll always do Jigglypuff versus Pit from now on! Haha.

EE - Next time, you're going to be in Grand Finals!

Omni - It's Snack time! :(

Lie - Thank you for hosting this event at your house, and hopefully we'll be able to money match properly at the next event! :p

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
going through Brawl losers is no fun

yo tant u guys told me there was only 20 players, not 20. i only got $54.

good stuff to Noid for wrecking my shiz the last game on those last two stocks.

good stuff to Phil for reaching WF's. was lookin good

Omni

BRoomer
nah it was a $50 and 10 $1's. but i meant not $63.

DAS MY LUNCH MONIES.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
hahahah I got u next time Omni, for the 3 just remind me, people need to bring something other then a 20 XD

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
I got the official tio from jrugs so official results are now up.

I'll post the images on there shortly.
Thanks for the results update, Tant, though I used Jigglypuff for the whole tournament. I can't use Meta Knight perfectly yet, with my new controller. _-_... Next event, though!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I think that it's really ******** that Lie didn't pay entry to singles or doubles. No person should be allowed to play an event without paying even if they're the one who hosted the tourney. If you host a tourney then you don't have to pay venue fee, but singles and doubles fees go into a pot for payouts to those who enter. Lie skewed the payouts as a result and owes people money (Again he owes money?).

With 21 entrants the payouts should have been 21, 63, and 126 respectively for 3rd-1st. In doubles the payouts were wrong again. I should've gotten 42 split between me and Omni, but we only got 40. I don't care if it was only 1 dollar I'm owed, but it's the principle of the matter. Pay or don't play...

:018:

:phone:

g-regulate

Smash Hero
you thought it would be a fair payout, but it looks like you guys got lied to....................................................

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
You beat SSR and Bloody with jigglypuff?
Oh, sorry. SSR, yes, but after I rested off stage against Noid and a few games before my set with Bloody, I used Falco and Olimar in that set, and Jigglypuff for the last set afterwards, with Luckay.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I agree with you completely Joe, but lie didn't care, I told Phil lie needs to pay but he didn't listen.

Not much I could do. When I ran events, I used the venue fee I collected to pay my entry. He should've done the same. The good news is he won both events so I shorted him in doubles on pay.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
May I ask what ruleset was used at this tournament?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
^ LOL

I think that it's really ******** that Lie didn't pay entry to singles or doubles. No person should be allowed to pay an event without paying even if they're the one who hosts the tourney. If you host a tourney then you don't have to pay venue fee, but singles and doubles fees go into a pot for payouts to those who enter. Lie skewed the payouts as a result and owes people money (Again he owes money?).

With 21 entrants the payouts should have been 21, 63, and 126 respectively for 3rd-1st. In doubles the payouts were wrong again. I should've gotten 42 split between me and Omni, but we only got 40. I don't care if it was only 1 dollar I'm owed, but it's the principle of the matter. Pay or don't play...

If we wanna play politics here, you should of paid venue since u left after doubles and we didn't get to use your set up for the whole event.
May I ask what ruleset was used at this tournament?
Apex 2012 rule set was used.

Omni

BRoomer
Seagull didn't pay venue?

What is with the corruption in this community!? It's similar to congress!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
1. Lie ($120) - Good stuff, why is your house randomly full for chairs though??
2. Omni ($60) - :sheik:? lol might need to step it up little more son!
3. EE ($20) - Best metaknight in MD/VA soon enough!
4. NOID - You ***** with sheik this tourney man. Aint even mad.
5. Luckay4Lyphe - I mean you almost beat coney and noid, buuuuuut you still garbo. Almost lost to poyo too :urg:
5. Coney - Now I know my pikachu is gonna get you one of these days. Better not switch to ness or you won't even place top 5 anymore!
7. Jrugs - Ggs, good Snake but you need matchup exp especially against my character. Good stuff vs pink fresh.
7. Boss - Why no luigi?
9. Pink Fresh - I mean that main pride.
9. ESOJ - Nice job in teams, I should've clutched it out vs boss and lie.
9. Poyo - Ggs, you're getting better don't worry.
9. Lol. - Yes, jigglypuff is very fun to play as I don't have to camp her super hard.
13. Tantalus - Nice seeing you again. Trip to McDonalds was gdlk
13. Bloodynite - I feel like you use ganon, lose, and then have a great time talking about which of your horrible matchups is worse than the other.
13. Sage - Ggs in teams, didn't know you used game n watch.
13. Tanman - Thanks for the ride, we need to duel sometime.
17. KraftyDevil - Thanks for comin out, don't think I got any games in with you.
17. Sheth- ^
17. Relaxed - Nice Pit, good to have more Pit representation. Come to the melee tourney in CP and we can play brawl in my dorm.
17. Bob - Nice weegee, bro. Good to see consistency in your attendance.
17. SSR - Last place? You need to practice with me more, you got soooo bad. <3 Hope the strip club was fun.

Omni

BRoomer
what do i need to step up? i got 2nd place and beat the guy who beat me.

nuthin to step up. i think my current skill level (still at 2009 status) is well enough to keep me in the money

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
^ LOL

If we wanna play politics here, you should of paid venue since u left after doubles and we didn't get to use your set up for the whole event.

Apex 2012 rule set was used.

You should've asked me for venue and I would've gladly paid. You only asked me for doubles fees, which I gave you.
what do i need to step up? i got 2nd place and beat the guy who beat me.

nuthin to step up. i think my current skill level (still at 2009 status) is well enough to keep me in the money
Iunno.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
I only came to have fun. Didn't expect to do well tbh. However, as soon as I SD'd against Omni, I stopped having fun =/. It's always once.

ggs to:

Lol: Less SDs and I think you stand a solid chance against me. Game 2 showed that. You might do better with MK though (obviously).

Omni: ggs. let's play again sometime.

Phil: ggs. Your MK keeps improving and it makes things interesting for MD/VA.

Luckay: ggs. We WILL play again soon.

Overall, I feel like I no longer have the mentality needed for this game. My Samus lost the majority of matches played (I only won against Lol's Jiggs) because I forget to be patient or forget the options Samus has for each scenario. The experience is there, but the mind is dull.

However, Sheik is very fun to play as long as my execution is moderately there. So the scene will probably see it more often if I don't end up practicing overall. I still have a bad habit of hitting people's shields repeatedly when I get angry at myself. It's funny in hindsight.

Back to league.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
However, Sheik is very fun to play as long as my execution is moderately there. So the scene will probably see it more often if I don't end up practicing overall. I still have a bad habit of hitting people's shields repeatedly when I get angry at myself. It's funny in hindsight.

Back to league.
:sheik: is broken.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
This was a fun tourney. I thinks that's the first time I've been to a tourney that actually started on time.

Kawaii Poyo - Fun stuff. Those random dubz were pretty great x)
Krafty - " "
Luckay4Lyphe - Thanks for playing me at the last minute. That was a fun pitto. I'll come to the melee tourney if I can find a way to get there. :D
Lol - Good matches man. Jiggs is funnnn.
Bloody - I'll get you next time /shakefist. Nice seeing you again too. Crazy random dubz
Jrugs - Oh man you owned me pretty hard orz. Good games.
Bob - Good games dude.
Billy/Bluejay - Hope you can manage to make it to more tourneys. Great playing you.

falco03

Smash Lord
i thought it was gonna be taken out of venue . ee said i was good. seagull dont be saly cause you got *****.

shout outs to coney for a good ness and omni for being a rival

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i thought it was gonna be taken out of venue . ee said i was good. seagull dont be saly cause you got *****.

shout outs to coney for a good ness and omni for being a rival
Should've paid it in advance. Lol@saying I got *****. Guess dat MM meant nothing to you :awesome:.

kraftydevil

Smash Cadet
pwned

tied for last - see Kage, I knew what I was getting into! At least Tantalus was able to carry me through one doubles set win :D

Thanks for carrying those TVs and my apologies for having to leave before everyone was done. I would have stayed until Lie kicked me out, but I needed to make an appearance at a family event. I'm sure you know how that goes...

You should've asked me for venue and I would've gladly paid. You only asked me for doubles fees, which I gave you.
I'm sure you can beat the crap out of me but that shltsweak.

I want to get better and need to play outside of tournaments. During the week I gotta stay in the DC metro area, but I will come to you on the weekends up to 2 hours drive from Gaithersburg. Let me know if anybody is free any nights this week. Gotta train!

If I place in the money for any future local tournaments (not likely in the near future), I'll be giving the $$$ to the TO(s). I'm just there to get better and kick it.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
tied for last - see Kage, I knew what I was getting into! At least Tantalus was able to carry me through one doubles set win :D

Thanks for carrying those TVs and my apologies for having to leave before everyone was done. I would have stayed until Lie kicked me out, but I needed to make an appearance at a family event. I'm sure you know how that goes...

I'm sure you can beat the crap out of me but that shltsweak.

I want to get better and need to play outside of tournaments. During the week I gotta stay in the DC metro area, but I will come to you on the weekends up to 2 hours drive from Gaithersburg. Let me know if anybody is free any nights this week. Gotta train!

If I place in the money for any future local tournaments (not likely in the near future), I'll be giving the $$$ to the TO(s). I'm just there to get better and kick it.
Nah man. I brought a setup and I stayed only 4 hours. Bringing a setup alone got me a discount. It's the TO's job to collect money for tourney. Lie wouldn't pay so he shouldn't have been allowed to enter even though he was asked multiple times. I wasn't even asked once and had the setup discount regardless.

Edit: If you're just there to get better then you don't have to enter any event lol. Go to smashfests and just go to tourneys for friendlies or MM's. Tournament events themselves are to challenge yourself to place into money just like any sporting event involved with bracket theory.

Top Bottom