• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wilmington Melee Smash Revival!

Zone46

Smash Rookie
Alright! So. This is my first tournament, and this is also one of the first posts I put on this forum. (So, that means I am pretty much a complete noob here still. That does not mean I don't check here on a regular basis.)

Information.

3608 Oleander Dr. Suite E
Wilmington, NC 28403
Food provided. Don't bring in your own food and drinks, Cape Fear Games doesn't allow outside merchandise.

DATE: Sunday, April 1st (Haha April Fools.) 2012.

Schedule:
11:00am - Registration
12:00pm - Melee Doubles Start
3:00pm - Melee Singles Start

Lateness Will not be tolerated, Please be on time.

Pay:
$2 Venue Fee
$5 Melee Singles
$5 Melee Doubles

PAYOUT:

Singles
1st -50%
2nd -30%
3rd - 20%

Doubles
1st-50%
2nd-30%
3rd- 20%

Rules:

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

POST IN THE THREAD IF YOU ARE COMING. I would also appreciate it if people were to bring their own Sets. (TV, Console and/or Game. If just console and game though and no tv, that's alright too.) If you are someone that would like to bring your own set, make sure to label your items. And, the door fee (Not the Entry fee.) will be lifted for those bringing their own sets.

SK919

Deal with it
If we do another tournament ashton, it's going to be in my new house.. cape fear is lame with only letting it happen on sunday...

My new place has a 72 inch CRT tv and 8 out lets in a huge living room. It's going down

CapeFearGames

Smash Rookie
Hey guys we are looking forward to seeing how the tournament goes this Sunday. I also wanted to remind everyone that we are a "family friendly" store and we do not allow cussing, yelling, etc. We typically have customers of all ages in our shop and want everyone to have a safe place to hang out and play. If you guys have any suggestions on our next tournament I'm happy to listen and help. Also in reply to the above poster we never said it had to be on Sunday but that was just the day we suggested. We are happy to try another day next time if you want.

Zone46

Smash Rookie

I am teh yiffy. (Disappointment.)

Thank you Spoon and Bryan for hosting this tournament for me. I thought I could handle it, but I just plain couldn't after the disappointment of having such a small tourney. It's okay though, live and learn. Also huge thanks to CFG for allowing it to go through in the first place.

Top Bottom