• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CLASH of the Titans 6! - Apex 2013 and Impulse Qualifier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

It's time for the sequel to my largest tournament series - CLASH of the Titans 6! Building off the history of CoT4 and aiming to be bigger and better than CoT5, you do not want to miss this event!

Partnership with Zenith - This event will be unlike any other!

The CLASH of the Titans and Zenith series have partnered up to bring you an experience unlike any other. We know tournaments, and we know the community. We know you guys want the best event for the game you play - and this is what we are doing with CoT and Zenith.

CoT is a Brawl only event and Zenith is a Melee only event - however, they are sort of like the same event. They are being ran in the same venue and with the same staff. Each event is only one week apart. Only five days separate these two awesome events. A solid Brawl event and a solid Melee event.

June 2nd, 2012

90 Leonardine Ave
South River, NJ

You all know this as the venue also used for the CLASH, KTAR, and Zenith events

Venue: $10
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team
Crews: $10 per crew

Top 8 payout for Singles
Top 5 payout for Doubles
Top 2 payout for Crews

Price and payout information subject to change with notice

10:00am - Venue Opens & Signups
11:00am - Doubles Signups End, Bracket is made and ran shortly after
2:30pm - Singles Signups End
3:00pm - Singles Qualification Rounds Begin
7:00pm - Final Singles Bracket Begins (Approximately)

Here is the rough schedule. It is fairly simple, the main times you need to pay attention to is when you arrive to the venue, when doubles starts, and when singles starts. Even though singles signups end at 2:30pm, doubles will continue on until approximately 3:30 - 4pm based on entrants, and all remaining players will not have to play their pools matches until they are finished with doubles.

You'll notice my use of the terms qualification rounds for Singles instead of the standard pools. CoT6 will not run normal round robin pools, but instead bracket pools, which are like qualification rounds.

Bracket pools essentially runs the tournament as if it were straight bracket, but is very organized, runs faster, and allows players to be re-seeded by location part way through the bracket to ensure that players from the same area to not fight each other. It isn't something used by Smash often, though many tournaments have expressed interest in using it in the near future. It's very simple to understand, and will make the event run better. This is actually the system used by the Evolution 2K tournament, and you can find details on how they explain it here: http://evo.shoryuken.com/evo-player-guide/evo-tournament-format/

In short, this is how it will run. Players are still organized into pools just like the round robin system that Smashers are used to. However, instead of playing a round robin set in the pool, players play a double elimination bracket. For CoT6, the top 2 or 4 players will advance from each pool, based on how many entrants there are. If top 2 players advance, then players will play the double elimination bracket until Grand Finals, without playing it out. That way you have left one player in winners, and one player in losers. These two players advance to the final bracket. If top 4 players advance, you play up until Winners Finals and Losers Semis, so you have two players left in winners and two players left in losers, and these four players move onto the final bracket.

The final bracket is then made, and anyone who advanced from the qualification round in winners still will be put into the winners side in the finals bracket. If you advanced from losers, you will be put into the losers bracket. When the final bracket is constructed, everything may be re-seeded by location to help ensure that players from the same area do not face each other.

If you put it all together, it functions just like a full straight bracket. What organizing it in pools does however is let us run pools in waves, provides more accurate seeding, and re-seeding the bracket part way through the event to help avoid any location problems (I know how New England always happens to end up playing each other in bracket lol). I hope this will solve all of those problems, and make the event run faster.

Quick Rules

-Meta Knight is legal.
-Double MK is not allowed in Doubles.
-Starters: BF, SV, FD, YI, LC
-Counterpicks: DP, CS, FO, BH, PS1

Full Rules

-3 Stock; 8 Min. Timer.
-Items set to off and none.
-Pause set to off.
-Team attack on.
-35 ledge grab limit for Meta Knight, 50 ledge grab limit for all other characters.
-Only one Meta Knight is allowed per team in doubles
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Time outs are determined by whoever has more stock, or less percent if stock is tied. If a player goes over their LGL at time out, they lose the game. If both players exceed the LGL, the LGL ruling is nullified.
-If both players are tied exactly at time out, a 1 stock 3 minute rematch will be played. The LGL for this rematch is 13/18 for MK/Others respectively.
-In teams at time out, LGL is in effect if one player on a team goes over the LGL. If one or more players from both teams go over the LGL, the rule is nullified.
-If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
-All chain grabs and infinites are legal up to 300%.

-Players/Teams decide on priority by agreement, or a side game like Rock Paper Scissors or GaW Hammer if they can not decide. Winner gets to choose if they want port priority or stage priority. Whichever option they don't pick, the other team gets. Team with port priority picks whichever port they want first. Team who gets stage priority strikes the first stage.
-Stage striking goes in the order 1-2-1 (Team A strikes 1 stage, Team B strikes 2 stages, Team A strikes 1 stage).
-After a match is finished, the loser may request to repick controller ports, and if so, they have first pick at ports.
-All teams must follow the 1-2-2-1 port layout.
-Each team is allowed one stage ban per set.
-After a match is finished, the previous winner bans a stage if they haven't yet that set. The previous loser then picks the stage for the next game. Then the winner picks their character(s) followed by the loser.

Starter Stages:
-Battlefield
-Smashville
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza
-Battleship Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon

Tentative Ruleset for Side Events:

Crews Ruleset

-15 stocks per team
-4 or 5 players per team
-If a team has 5 players, each player has 3 stocks
-If a team has 4 players, 3 players have 4 stocks and one player has 3 stocks
-Every player must write their character down on a sheet of paper prior to the battle. No more than 2 players may choose Meta Knight at this point.
-The first stage for each battle is Smashville
-Smashville, Battlefield, and Yoshi's Island (Brawl) are on Random
-Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium, Castle Siege, Halberd, Delfino Plaza, and Frigate Orpheon are legal, though not on random
-When a battle ends, the player who won keeps all of the stocks they have remaining. The losing team sends in their next player. This player may either choose a random stage, or to pick a stage from any legal selection. If the player coming in picks a stage, the player staying in from the winning team may pick any character, including Meta Knight. If random is chosen as the stage, they must stay their character. The player coming in must go the character they wrote on the paper in the beginning, however if their opponent opted to change character, they may pick a different character, including Meta Knight.
-Every game will have a 10 minute timer. If time runs out, and a player is above in stock, that player will stay and continue with the amount of stocks equal to how many more they have than their opponent. For instance, if time runs out and Player A has 3 stocks and Player B has 2 stocks - Player A will move onto the next game with 1 stock. Both teams will lose 2 stocks from their total because of this. If the two players are tied in stocks, whoever has less percent will move on with one stock remaining.

CLASH of the Titans 6 is apart of the IMPULSE Circuit. This means that the 2 people from Atlantic North that place the highest in singles at CLASH of the Titans 6 will be awarded venue fee, singles, and doubles to help them show up to IMPULSE.

If two or more people from the eligible states are tied in placing, the tie breaker is solved by who placed higher in doubles. If this is still a tie, or you teamed with that person, then a 1v1, best 2 out of 3 set will happen between those renaming players, and the winner of that gets the prize.

The winners will be registered automatically. If you wish to give your prize to someone else, then you can simply register for them. Hence we register you, while you pay for your friend when you register them, thus indirectly awarding the prize to whomever you may choose to give it too. Therefore if you can not go to IMPULSE, there is a means of transferring the prize. Failure to attend IMPULSE without transferring the prize, results in the prize going to the next person from the eligible states that placed the highest in singles. Same rules apply for the tie breaker as well.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what this could possibly be? It's not like the livestream url completely gives it away or anything.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
Still, though, what other tourney would you announce 4 months in advance? I guess I'll find out in an hour.

Dr. R.O.Botnik

Smash Journeyman
Hey, look, I was completely right about everything. Hopefully I'll be able to make it this year.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Hype!

Chibo is the man at running tournaments, so everyone can attend knowing that this event will be run amazingly.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I would love for that as well, I'm also doing my best to make it to impulse. Check the OP for info, winners get free entry!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Btw everyone the all brawl ruleset is going to be modeled closer to the UFB All Brawl Ruleset, so I know Philly will be mad hype for that. It's solid.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
No, sorry. It is definitely a cool thing to do at times, but it was incredibly taxing on me. I was awake for roughly 40 hours straight that weekend, don't want to ever do that again. I also doubt the venue would allow such a thing, but yea I can't personally do it either. I'm going to try and set up some awesome hotel deals.

Edit: We're working on a potential good player fund to bring someone out to this. Who would you guys like to see make it out here?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
a couple items are banned, a couple stages banned, 4th place gets to pick stage, sometimes cant get character you've already won with. different stock and timer.
i might also incorporate a point system that midwest used to do. winner of a game gets 2 points, person with most ko's of the remaining three gets one point. first to whatever points wins.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll probably be here, since I'm back in NJ at this time anyway.

Good stuff changing the venue. That last one got hot as hell, and the water in the bathroom sink looked like straight grime. :088::088::088::088: :088::088::088::088:

sleeping there was horrible. lol

If Michigan tries to come to this, I'll try to get in on the carpool.
I may be able to house you guys if you do.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Updated the OP with new images, information, etc.

I'm going to be adding one more event - Crew Battles! Time to bring back the classic rivalries from 08/09! I want to hear that trash talk, and the close competition that can only be brought by two crews being pitted against each other.

I have written up the first draft of rules for both All Brawl and Crews in the OP

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'd suggest talking to the Smashachussets guys Chibo. He plans on making his next event an International too somehow. He just created the event like 2 days ago.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Thank you chibo and everyone else for supporting my long awaited return. Support me, come to this tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom