• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.C. Brawl Monthly VIII Results! (MK banned)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Brawl Doubles (click for the bracket)

1: Team Super Awesome Dynamite Platinum Brothers (Blue Yoshi + Big D) ($42) :gw: + :wario:
2: Deap Sucks~~~ (Captain L + Jason) ($18) :pikachu2: + :rob:
3: Team Kind of Nova Scotia (Drake + Firefly) :rob: + :dk2: :yoshi2:
4: skcuspaed (F10G + Kantrip) :mario2: + :diddy:
5: Sokr + Default (Sokr + Default) :snake: + :olimar:
5: Sinister cookies (Sinister + Cookieless) :wolf: + :marth: :toonlink:

Brawl Pools (set count) [match count]

Pool 1
Captain L (4-0) [8-0]
Deap (3-1) [6-4]
Courier (1-3) [3-6]
Sinister (1-3) [3-6]
Captain M (1-3) [3-7]

Pool 2
F10G (2-1) [5-2]
Crisis (2-1) [5-3]
Blue Yoshi (2-1) [4-3]
Sokr (0-3) [0-6]

Pool 3
Drake (3-0) [6-0]
Firefly (2-1) [4-3]
Kantrip (1-2) [3-4]
Cookieless (0-3) [0-6]

Pool 4
Jason (3-0) [6-1]
Big D (2-1) [5-2]
Starwaffle (1-2) [2-4]
Bags (0-3) [0-6]

Brawl Singles (click for the bracket)

1: Captain L ($83) :pikachu2:
2: Drake ($47.50) :rob: :gw: :kirby2:
3: Big D ($14.50) :snake: :wario: :dedede: :popo: :diddy: :peach:
4: Blue Yoshi :gw:
5: Deap :olimar: :marth:
5: Firefly :dk2: :diddy:
7: Kantrip :diddy: :kirby2:
7: Jason :rob:
9: Starwaffle :pikachu2: (forfeit in Loser's bracket)
9: F10G :mario2:
9: Crisis :falco:
9: Courier :zelda:
13: Sinister :wolf: :falcon:
13: Captain M :ike:
13: Sokr :snake:
13: Bags :gw:

(Cookieless forfeit between Pools and Bracket, so he didn't appear in the bracket. He used :marth: :toonlink:)

Low Tier Doubles (click for the bracket)

1: Firefly + Captain L ($12) :mario2: + :jigglypuff:
2: Courier + Big D :zelda: + :zelda:
3: Deap + Blue Yoshi :falcon: + :jigglypuff: :falcon:
4: Drake + Jason :zelda: :jigglypuff: + :jigglypuff:
5: Sinister + Crisis :falcon: + :falcon: :bowser2:
5: SKidd + Kantrip :mario2: + :lucas: :mario2:

Shoutouts to everybody who came for a great tournament, everybody I played for all the great matches, and advance shoutouts to anybody who gets my matches uploaded. ;) Best monthly in a long time IMO. Can't wait for the next one. =]

:005:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey 7th is actually pretty good. Same as Jason.

Great tourney everyone.

Wow Jake you didn't use any yoshi?
Oh yeah and I played a bit of kirby.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hey 7th is actually pretty good. Same as Jason.

Great tourney everyone.

Wow Jake you didn't use any yoshi?
Oh yeah and I played a bit of kirby.
Not a single match in singles. =] Feels good man.

Fixed that for you~

bracket was so gay
Holy **** I just saw your bracket. o.0 That was FLAMING

Additional shoutouts to the pools results for making the bracket impossible to seed well. :glare:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Is the stream saved somewhere?

I wanna see some stuff.

Thank you Jake btw, I forgot to thank you for getting my pizza, many thanks.

And thanks for adding DDD.

I went Peach and diddy in match so put them in to.

Also rob says he went falcon and puff in LT.

I can do that for you trev ;)

Kantrip

Kantplay
I hope matches can be uploaded.

Dawson, if you could do the 3-game set between me (diddy) and braden (samus) that would be cool especially.

You play too many characters :p

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I'm ready for salty runbacks next tourney

Rob you better be there..
even if you don't tell anyone
:smirk:

Would appreciate if my stuff could be uploaded, or at least some of my Falcon :falcon:

GGs guys, Crisis used Boozer in LTs btw

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
yeah it's cause of that ******** force save LOL

i know i had a couple matches i'd like to see again, but if you deleted all of them no worries

Drake12

Smash Ace
I saw that edit... >.>

When did you use Kirby? =0

The challenge was my rob beating Dawsons characters except his DDD beating my Rob consistenly (I thought.)
So it became a mindgame on who is gonna pick which character, with counters and double blinds. Game 3 the stage was FD, and I couldn't go rob, Robs gw didn't work on snake, so I thought I'd try kirby against him.
Long explanation, but thats when I went kirby :p

(Edited since I accidently said I used kirby/gw in LT)

Captain L

Smash Champion

NEW PR

1: Captain L ($83) :pikachu2:
2: Drake ($47.50) :rob:
3: Big D ($14.50) :snake: :wario: :dedede: :popo: :diddy: :peach:
4: Blue Yoshi :gw:
5: Deap :olimar: :marth:
5: Firefly :dk2: :diddy:
7: Kantrip :diddy: :kirby2:
7: Jason :rob:
9: Starwaffle :pikachu2: (forfeit in Loser's bracket)
9: F10G :mario2:
9: Crisis :falco:
9: Courier :zelda:
13: Sinister :wolf: :falcon:
13: Captain M :ike:
13: Sokr :snake:
13: Bags :gw:

BC style

Thanks to everyone who managed to come out yesterday, especially Rob coming all the way from Van Island in secrecy :bee:

Crisis

Smash Ace
just looking at the bracket makes me salty!

why did you get the easy bracket JJ?!! we're both second seeds :glare:

but no johns, i choked hard. ggs everyone. :)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The challenge was my rob beating Dawsons characters except his DDD beating my Rob consistenly (I thought.)
So it became a mindgame on who is gonna pick which character, with counters and double blinds. Game 3 the stage was FD, and I couldn't go rob, Robs gw didn't work on snake, so I thought I'd try kirby against him.
Long explanation, but thats when I went kirby :p

(Edited since I accidently said I used kirby/gw in LT)
I see. =0 I'll add it in then.

Greats to everyone that placed. Good to see Firefly using better characters :p.
Bahaha. I really just needed to take a break from Yoshi for a bit, and I had a lot more fun going full DK/Diddy than I've had using Yoshi in a long time. I still doubt it'll be a permanent change; both of secondaries still need a lot of work. But this tournament was an important step for me improving those characters.

just looking at the bracket makes me salty!

why did you get the easy bracket JJ?!! we're both second seeds :glare:

but no johns, i choked hard. ggs everyone. :)
The reason why the bracket took so long to make was because when I made it the first time, I noticed my bracket was BS easy, and I wanted to fix it. However, there were so many stupid conflicts that there really wasn't any way to make the bracket so that there wasn't some major imbalance/other kind of stupid flaw. Me and Robert spent about half an hour trying to make a bracket that wasn't a failure before we finally agreed to just go with one of the ones Robert drew up. Obviously, I still had an easy bracket and I wasn't pleased with it, but I really didn't want to delay the tournament any longer, especially because I knew there was literally no way to make a "good" bracket given the conflicts we had. It won't happen again. =/

On a somewhat related note, shoutouts to the regular doubles bracket for letting myself and Drake play every other team in the bracket exactly one. ^.^

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Aw I missed low tier doubles and a group photo D=

thanks for the pika dittos btw, captain L =D

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay shoutouts!

Captain L: Wasn't expecting anything less from you. Grats on your win hopefully you're seeing improvements in my Zelda! What a shame that Peach/Pikachu game wasn't recorded - it was really close too!

Drake: Doubles didn't happen but you're such an amazing player super congrats on 2nd place! Those friendlies were some of my favourite games from yesterday. Hope to see you next time!

Big D: Nice job getting 3rd. I love how good you are with sooo many characters and your Ice Climbers legit scare me :( Sorry for letting you down in LT doubles and what am I going to do about your phone!?

Blue Yoshi: I was surprised you came but always great to see you! Your G&W is sooo good but please, 100% try in pools next time. We need to play more friendlies!

Deap: Pleaseee learn to do http://youtu.be/JwNBKMB3l3k?t=5m52s. Also, lol @ Zelda beating Olimar doesn't even matter if you weren't trying your best. Good games though.

Firefly: Okay I give up against Donkey Kong argh! One day I'll figure that Donkey Kong matchup. Thanks a lot for hosting what might be the best tournament yet :)

Kantrip: Good games we finally settled that pride match! Are you going to keep up with Kirby? It's pretty good and I can see it being a threat :( Thanks a lot for bringing your friends!

Jason: Don't be afraid of Zelda! You also played the matchup really well too bad we don't play too often. And what the heck was that Monopoly game in card form? o.o

StarWaffle: Omg I only got to see the back of your head, lol. I demand to meet/play you next time!

SKidd: Good games! Hope you enjoyed that White Spot, lol. What even happened this tourney? Your results are weird :x

Crisis: Your Falco really scares me and I am afraid to play you, seriously. Think you need to do something about Pikachu. Your placement definitely does NOT reflect your abilities. We'll play some other time!

Courier: :zelda: <3

Sinister: I don't even know what to say.. those SDs are going to be the end of you.

Captain M: It must be a mental block. Seriously.

Sokr: Really, really glad to see that you came yesterday. There is so much potential and the only way it's going to get out is by playing more and coming to tournaments often! If, in the end, you decide to pick a new main I wish you the best of luck. Snake seems difficult to master... Good luck with learning DACUS, and if all else fails you can try my Sheik DACUS controls that I explained to you yesterday :)

BAGS!: Again, I'm really happy that you showed up and to have played all those games with you! Like Sokr just play more and come to these tournies and you'll improve in a snap! Your G&W is actually scary. Don't give him up! If there's one thing I can say... try mixing up the ways you try to approach and attack me!

Cookieless and JM: Ahh I didn't get to see you two. Maybe another time :(

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
crews confirmed for next tourney??

Captain L

Smash Champion
it's like saying "This is the yoshi chat, and Jake is here too." Cause they have disowned him.

I never have that problem with the Pikas, though I hear ICs have been stealin up some chus

Scatz

Smash Champion
I get my signature from the most magical place that can only allow such mastery of signature rotation. Not only that, but my magical skills in smash only allow me to have such magical signatures that people will marvel at. :D

It's just from this: http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/ =P

Top Bottom