• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baton Rouge Monthly #3: Third time's the Charm! (MK Banned)

BSP

Smash Legend
Alright, so the third BRM is up and running! Let's make this one even better!

Venue: Laser Tag of Baton Rouge (Upstairs)
5871 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816

2$ Venue Fee for all competitors

Arrival Time: 2:30 P.M.
Sign Ups for SSBB Doubles Begin immediately at 2:30. I will give you 30 minutes leeway until you get a late penalty (explained below). Singles signups will begin once doubles has made significant headway.

**Late system- After 3:00, I will take entries into SSBB doubles until 3:15 at the latest, but the team will be charged an additional 5$ fee that will be added as a pot bonus. Be on time guys.

BRING SMALL BILLS. IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING TO HAVE TO BREAK 20s REPEATEDLY. MAKE CHANGE DURING THE DAY AND BRING SMALLER BILLS.

I'll try to be less strict on the MM control, but bear in mind: I reserve the right to STOP your money match if it is holding up the entire tournament. I do not mind anyone looking at the bracket to see what's up ahead; do not schedule a MM if you are playing soon, and don't be salty when I stop it if you do.

Events

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles

Double Elimination; Pools only if absolutely necessary
MK Banned
10$ per Team
Payout: 60/30/10
Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles

Doubles Elimination; Pools only if absolutely necessary
MK Banned
5$ Entrance Fee
Payout: 55/30/10/5
Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Once again, do NOT leave small items like controllers lying around. LT isn't rented out for us or anything, so anyone has access to upstairs. Do not leave easily pocketed items lying around.

Setups and Hardware​

TVs:
V
Gunner
Jnig

Wiis:
BSP
V
Gunner
Jnig

Powerstrips:
BSP
V

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Bring all of Texas! Man, I can't tell u how happy I am that MK is banned. I should be there if everything goes according to plan. HYPE!

BSP

Smash Legend
Sounds good Sync, just keep us updated. Let me know ASAP when you're sure you're coming so I can put TX in the OP

Okuser

Smash Ace
Next one will probably be

Waseda Doubles; PR'd players can't be pair'd and everyone's character locked -- Also, I might throw in an MK ban and restrict any PR'd players from using characters they are PR'd with. Or, I could just ban all main usage for everyone. I'm just aiming for fun with this event.

MK legal Singles
MK banned doubles
Also, after receiving input, pot splits for the singles events will be 50/35/10/5

I'm so generous to 4th

Edit:browsing around, I saw that AZ said the non unity sticky rule WILL BE ENDING.

Now, I bet MK legal will get more hype
Does anyone want to try the japanese ruleset for the next BRM?

All posts met with good reactions.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If this tournament has MK legal or Japanese ruleset

I WILL NOT ATTEND!

BSP

Smash Legend
All posts met with good reactions.
They weren't official though

You want MK legal singles, you've got NOMs, FFF, and CI this coming weekend.

Tesh, i think you're kidding, but I've been down that route. It's my tournament, my rules. You hate them that much, just don't show. However, as I mentioned to everyone in my state's thread, everyone that does show will be getting ahead of you, so it's your loss (mostly to my state, not OOS)

BSP

Smash Legend
What are you talking about? I'm running full unity.

And okuser, note I said probably. Nothings official on my part until the thread goes up.

Also, entry for singles will be 10$. OOS seems to be showing interest.

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't know what exactly "the next Xyro" entails, but it is my tournament and all. I'll take considerations from you all (i.e. changing the pot split, cutting down on events before main stuff), but there's some things I want to see done.

MK ban made....2 ppl not enter, and they still showed up to the tournament anyway.

Singles is 10$! Serious Business!

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
Darn you bsp. Without mk this will be no fun. Offline is supposed to be full of mks I trained on wifi for 3 years to beat:(.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
As bad as I feel, a one hour trip is much better than a four hour trip. Especially since my car is starting to have some issues again.

But maybe I'll just come over here alone, since I know I'm outclassed at HOBO anyways.

Turazrok

Smash Master
As bad as I feel, a one hour trip is much better than a four hour trip. Especially since my car is starting to have some issues again.

But maybe I'll just come over here alone, since I know I'm outclassed at HOBO anyways.
I mean you beat me at kamikazecon day2 after I drove.... 4 hours....

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
That's different, I wasn't expecting anyone to even be at that thing.
I was hoping I'd just have a free ride the whole day, and you guys have to get in my way.

But this, this is planned. And there is JNig.

Maaaaaaybe I'll be able to get Dayton scrubs to make a carpool, but I dunno.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
It's not like the thread was up for this WEEKS ago, while the HOBO thread was made, what, DAYS ago? Not to mention the first reply to this is from Sync, the very same person who made the HOBO thread...

Leaf, if it's 10 people or just 1 that, we'll make it the best experience it can be, I will assure you. We haven't really played while I've been in TX, so if you can come here, I'll make sure we'll play. Making the trip here, especially by yourself, is greatly appreciated by all of us.

While most of us share the same passion and motivation, not all of us have the means to express it or put it into practice. So please, for any OoS player expressing interest, we'll be giving you our all, so we expect the same from you.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
we'll be giving you our all
This is what I'm worried about. :urg:
Texas needs more than just me going if we are going to win, I can't do it on my own.

But, I guess I could FINALLY get some Wario experience, something that I fear every time I enter a tournament. If I could happen to actually make this, I could get housing, right? May as well make it a weekend thing if it happens.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I would love to house you if I could, but I live in New Orleans, and I wouldn't want to make you drive any more than you need to. I'm sure someone would be able to house you, you'd have to find exactly who can though, as I'm not sure who.

Anyone coming in from the east or flying in, I can house though.

EDIT: And do you really need to win to give it your individual all? Going to HOBO by myself, I expected to do really well, not just to win for LA, but for myself. If "repping your state" matters more than improving yourself, then please, bring some bronies homies to back you up. Otherwise, I recommend prioritizing on individual needs, then worry about who else wants to come to make the trip more fun/convenient/hype.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Hmm...my attendance might be confirmed based on what happens today. So I'll let you guys know.

I mean, if I'm just going to go get my *** kicked anyways, it may as well be by a new set of people.

Top Bottom