• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REVOLUTION 11!! Dallas TX! April 21st! Melee too! MK Legal

Denti

Smash Master
Revolution 11!
Prepare for HYPE!

So I have the old phase venue in Dallas! FX game exchange! Lets do this guys!

FX Game Exchange
3000 Custer Road, Suite 170
Plano, Texas 75075

This tournament will be on April 21st

This tournament will be held along side the Melee tournament held by Pinkie Pie. If you want details for Melee go to this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318382

Details:

If you need to contact me you can PM me or call/text my cell, 405-923-7133.

Venue fee: 5$ (waived if you bring a setup)
Singles Entry Fee 10$
Doubles Entry Fee 10$ (5$ per person)
Side event TBA

TIMES:
Set up and registration will start at 11:00 AM
Doubles will start at Noon
Singles will start sometime near the end of doubles. So probably 2:30-3:00
We have to be leaving at 9:00 pm

Payouts (singles) if 20 or above people.
1st=50%
2nd=25%
3rd=15%
4th=10%

Payouts (singles) if below 20 people
1st=60%
2nd=30
3rd=10%

Payouts (Doubles)
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

Payouts (side event)
TBA

this tournament uses the Unity Rule set
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

I HAVE TWO RULES DIFFERENT FROM UNITY!
Metaknight is legal!

The stagelist will be:

Nuetrals:
Final destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's island
Lylat
Castle siege
Pokemon stadium 1

Counterpicks:
Delfino
Frigate
Halberd

• Also MK's Ledge grab limit is 30.
  • 6. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage only once from the ledge)
  • * "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
  • Corollaries to Rule 6:
  • * When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage, Rule 6 does not apply.
  • * The moving platform on Smashville is considered to be equivalent to a ledge, i.e. if a player starts from the moving platform on one side of the stage and travels beneath the stage to the ledge/platform on the opposite side of the stage, the player may not travel beneath the stage back to the ledge/moving platform on the opposite side before until he lands back on the platform.
  • No infinite dimensional cape.
  • All rules are subject to change at anytime by the TO. So in other words, if I left out a MK rule don't break it or I'll call you out. I'm doing this from memory.

Please everyone bring setups! You will make my world go round

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I will be attending and winning teams :)

Maybe enter singles if enough people want me to, cause why not. I haven't touched this game is forever.

Also, remember, this is a FAMILY STORE. Please keep cursing to minimum / zero. Mom's with kids come in there, ya know. You can still have fun by beating me in duelist, so don't worry.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What LGL for other characters?

I'm guessing 50?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LOL Zac so sad, land of the MK shall return!

I wanna play both especially if OK comes down for this.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
dude zac why do you always hate on MK so much <_< (this goes for most of Texas btw not just him), there's not even many top MKs in the region, it's just Dojo, and infinity rarely plays afaik. Is there no competitive spirit left? If you wanna prove you can beat him, then PRACTICE, and TRY TO BEAT HIM.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dphat, D4ba, Sethlon, Infinity, Dojo were all MKs that destroyed me in bracket. It wasn't really close. It was very annoying.

MK is beatable, I agree. The competitive scene can thrive with MK banned. It can thrive with MK legal. Either of them work for a competitive game. I just feel the scene would be healtier if the character never existed in the first place. He was meant to be a super character (see Kirby Return to Dreamland Wii).

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I think you fail to understand how devastating MK is to G&W. Yes MK has weaknesses and yes I can punish those just fine, that's not the problem. The issue is G&W can't do anything if MK doesn't allow it. There are no options for G&W. None.

I don't think discussing this in Denti's tourney thread is a good idea. You can PM me if you want to continue.

Denti

Smash Master
Do low tier. It would make me happy.

:phone:
You're just going to get timed out by everybodys jigglypuff on counterpicks in low tier. YOU WANT THAT?!!

NOPE 64 or bust
This man is wise ^^^^^^

EDIT:

So from my findings there is lots of interest for Smash 64!!!! If we have a lot of time what would you guys say to Smash 64 doubles and singles? Or just singles?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I timed you out in friendlies with like 5 min left on delfino last stock. You're linkkkkkk. what are you guna do, jump after me? You aint armada This isn't Melee! You aint young/toon link! You can't space with wash dash! get ouutaaa hereee
Heh. One game where I failed to keep the % lead. All the other games were pretty much decided in my favor. Good luck winning the first game on a neutral. Wahahahahaha!

:phone:

Top Bottom