• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being Professional. Admins, Super Mods, Mods. Please Read this!

Tony T

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=5030]Being Professional. Admins, Super Mods, Mods. Please Read this![/drupal]

I see more and more people in serious topics trolling and spaming and flaming other people so that the topic gets locked for their shenanigans. Its not fair to the person who created the topic and those who are taking the topic seriously. Even though people get infracted for their wrong doing they still continue. This has been going on in AllIsBrawl and Smashboards for awhile now. If there is a way I could help and try to reduce what is happening I would do so. I dont want to see any more innnocent smashers get punsihed for someone elses mistakes.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
They're not going to make you a mod

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Can I be a mod?
Nope.

You do not meet the qualifications, obviously.

When you change your avatar to something other than a quailava, the secret society will get back to you.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's a ****ing Typhlosion. :mad:
Hey, look.

I'm not going to further derail this fine topic and get into a debate on whether or not it's a Quailava or a Growlithe. But I can tell you right now it's one of them two, and not a Typhlosions.

And OP. You're completely write. I can naught believe in these forum shenanigans. I think a reformation is needed. I approve of this notion.

All in favor should say Aye.

Aye!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
They're not going to make you a mod
Goddamnit. Goddamnit all.

===

On a short note, things happen and they can never be stopped. The most likely way to prevent threads from being locked is to report, report, and report. Not to mention that you should avoid people who has the potential to troll/flame/ruin threads.

This helps out the most and a thread might just live a little longer.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Not going to lie, there have been times when a topic gets locked just because of 2 people and it really makes the mod look lazy.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You guys could always just not vote them into office.

I mean, who really is at fault?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The best help you can offer is just to ignore bad posting and let us deal with it.

Go about your business and don't break any rules, that's all we ask, no we don't need your help but if you want to offer it doing the aforementioned things are the best way!

Man these things aways pop up when I'm ill/away from the boards for a couple days. :/

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
who are you?

on the real

report posts that break rules. this makes everythign so much easier.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm a nice guy, you can always pm me and tell me any situation.

I'll handle it. You just be careful when you're near Smart Alecks (trolls and whatever).
Blogs like these is why people do other stuff. Like the disco room.

I think I was like that and maybe I still am I guess. The only proof is that I was room banned from DR by how I post.
I post it bad. Like, bad bad. But not that bad, just.....bad.

Browny

Smash Hater
I was room banned from DR by how I post.
Would you say, badong?

- also, you gotta really try your hardest to be bad enough to get banned from the DR lol. That, or just break up bad posts by quoting the person above you's avatar.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You realize this is 2012?

No one doesn't get no modship by not asking.

It's just what you do.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm a nice guy, you can always pm me and tell me any situation.

I'll handle it. You just be careful when you're near Smart Alecks (trolls and whatever).
Blogs like these is why people do other stuff. Like the disco room.

I think I was like that and maybe I still am I guess. The only proof is that I was room banned from DR by how I post.
Stop bringing up the DR in every post you make.

Tony T

Smash Ace
There is a difference of asking to be a mod and asking to help people out, I just want to help. I didn't ask to be a mod that's the one thing I will not do is ask. I know how it works.

Top Bottom