• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Civil War 4, Richmond, Va Feat: PPMD and Cacti Streaming: twitch.tv/bifuteki

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Civil War 4

Presented by:
The VCU Fight Club,
RVATournaments,
and The Super Smash Brothers Club at VCU

Doubles starts at 2. Singles starts at 6

Index (use ctrl+f to go directly to that part of the post)
Address
Tournament Fees
Hotel Prices
Rules/Stagelist
Traveling To/Around Richmond
Important Links
Pre-Reg List

Address:
3200 W. Broad St.
Comfort Inn
Midtown Conference Center
Richmond, VA. 23230

Tournament Fees

20$ venue fee, will go up to 30$ if you don't register before March 31st.

40$ venue fee if you register at the door. Get on this asap guys.

15$ entry fee for singles

15$ entry fee for doubles

Hotel Prices:

The Comfort Inn Midtown Conference Center in Richmond, VA is giving us a special deal. Room blocks have been added at an ULTRA discount rate of 69$ per night. That’s SUPER cheap! Book now, because it’s a NASCAR race weekend in Richmond, and those rates won’t last! Also, all of the hotel rooms have CRT TVs in them, so you can smash laglessly in your room!

~All rooms have been taken. Try calling the hotel in case they might have more rooms~

Anyone that wants to stay at the hotel for civil war, please start reserving now. It's NASCAR weekend and space will fill up fast. If you aren't sure, reserve anyway.
If we fill up the first 20 rooms by march 21st, we get another 20 room block.

Reasons to stay @hotel even though you live in Richmond.
A)easier to get there in the morning
B) 24 hour salty suite
C)24 hour cabs
D) old tube CRTs in rooms for casuals
E) only 59$ a night!
F)reserve rooms/space for the inevitable slackers that will wait until last minute
G) more gamers= less NASCAR rednecks

Call the hotel and say you're staying for civil war hosted by RVA tournaments (Robin Palm) for that discount. It'll be valid thu, fri, sat, sun.
Salty suite opens Friday night.

Hotel/Housing Thread on Smashboards

Rules

Sets are Best of three matches, 4 stock, no items.
8:00 minute timer

Lowest Port Priority gets to pick who goes first in stage striking. If there is a fight over who gets their preferred port, just play a game of rock paper scissors.

Because of the number of legal stages, when best of five sets are played during the tournament, dave's stupid rule will not apply. Quarterfinals and all matches above that will be best of 5. Grand finals will be best of 7.

Otherwise, we will be using Apex's ruleset. For all the rules follow the link below:
http://apexsmash.com/rules/rules-melee/

Stage List:

Singles

Neutrals for Stage Striking: Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Final Destination

Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium

Doubles

Neutrals for Stage Striking: Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield,
Final Destination

Counterpick: DK 64

Traveling To/Around Richmond

Richmond has a train station that is serviced by amtrak. There are also chinatown, greyhound, and megabus bus stations.

The megabus station and the train station are right next to each other, but are somewhat far from the venue compared to the chinatown/apexbus and greyhound bus stations, which are within a 30 minute walk (if you walk very slowly) to the venue. You can also take a taxi there.

I recommend veteran's cab. Their number is:
(804) 275-5542
Taxis are somewhat expensive but if you split it with a couple of people, it can be cheaper than riding the bus there. Especially from the greyhound and chinatown bus stations.

http://www.ridegrtc.com/TripPlanner.aspx
Richmond has a pretty good public bus system. Use the above link to plan out any bus trips around richmond.

Important Links:

For more information about the hotel and venue as well as other fighting game tournaments being held at the venue go to:
http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/post/15952609968/civil-war-4-a-road-to-evo-event

Facebook event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/284773714913236/

http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/
Event info and Registration are there.

Pre-reg List

Note: Even if your name is on this list, it doesn't necessarily mean that we have received your money yet. This is the list of players that signed up to receive the paypal invoice.

Landon Cox DoH Washington DC
Anthony Aguilar The Great Gonzales Springfield MA
Matthew Taylor VicViper Richmond VA
Roger Kidd ♥ Falls Church Virginia
Ryan Mayfield Coke Akron Oh
John Kubinski JU4N Mastic Beach NY
Turhan Anderson Rhan Gloucester Virginia
Cory Hong MilkMan Richmond Virginia
Matt Luckner Boat Mode Kings Park New York
Maxwell Tibbits thesage Arlington Va
Wenbo Dou Wenbobular Boyds Maryland
Doug Williams The Doug Norfolk VA
Nicholas Savold Tesla Kings Park NY
David Savage Savedge Richmond Virginia (VA)
Cameron Smucker Cyrain Richmond Virginia
Carson Wang TM87 Richmond VA
Kevin Nanney Dr Peepee Shelby North Carolina
Terence Carmichael Jr Yoshido Richmond VA
Huy (Roy) Nguyen Doll Richmond Va
Franklin Schulman Princess Popemobile Kings Park NY
Otis Lindsey O-No Virginia Beach VA
Ryan Hollifield (GNG)Hostilevengeance Candler NC
Maxwell Weand SypherPhoenix Fairfax VA
Alex Ward Karn Raleigh NC
Dylan Lawing Juno McGrath Raleigh North Carolina
Vincent Pigott Ether Virginia Beach Virginia
Wenzel Granger BigWenz Fort Washington Maryland
Juan Gonzalez Juan Newport News VA
Matthew Bury BloodyPuppy Montgomery Village Maryland
Wenzel Granger BigWenz Fort Washington Maryland
Chu Dat ChuDat Falls church va
Kevin Poehlmann Poehlcat Richmond VA

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Hey guys,

Next time when you decide to become a **** region again, can you make sure I'm not in California? I'd greatly appreciate it.

sincerely,
the Crimson Blur

PS: lolno srsly no tournaments for a year -> *TCB leaves* -> massive regionals what the hell guys

SoaK

Smash Rookie
Thanks for posting Sage. This is gonna be fun.
Also about entry fee, i think if more sign up we can keep the price down.

:phone:

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
trololol

ok maybe its kinda high

but not thattt bad if u register ahead of time, and if theres enough people for it to be a legit two day event. so just gotta hype **** and make it worth it i guess?

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
If you're going "WTF" at the increase from 20/30/40, then its doing it's job.

It's pretty standard with a lot of other majors and other events where the worst possible thing that can happen is you double your attendance on the day of the event and you're not prepared. I like to be prepared.

UFGT 8 is ($25) ($30) ($40) and ($50) at the door. FR is 55 at the door.

Tourneys with mostly pre-regs start on time and have enough setups. "At the door" tourneys do not.

It will also determine space allocation. So if Melee gets 100 pre-regs, and Tekken gets 6, guess who's going in the small room?

It's a two day event, so It'll certainly be worth your time. I'm also leaving one room open for casuals/friendlies all night saturday, so if you're out Sat you have a reason to stay besides finals.

I'm also pretty sure since the hotel is kinda antiquated, all the TVs in the rooms are CRTs... I'll check that though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
If you're going "WTF" at the increase from 20/30/40, then its doing it's job.

It's pretty standard with a lot of other majors and other events where the worst possible thing that can happen is you double your attendance on the day of the event and you're not prepared. I like to be prepared.

UFGT 8 is ($25) ($30) ($40) and ($50) at the door. FR is 55 at the door.

Tourneys with mostly pre-regs start on time and have enough setups. "At the door" tourneys do not.

It will also determine space allocation. So if Melee gets 100 pre-regs, and Tekken gets 6, guess who's going in the small room?

It's a two day event, so It'll certainly be worth your time. I'm also leaving one room open for casuals/friendlies all night saturday, so if you're out Sat you have a reason to stay besides finals.

I'm also pretty sure since the hotel is kinda antiquated, all the TVs in the rooms are CRTs... I'll check that though.
cool cool sounds good

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hotel rooms are $60 a night. Ridiculously cheap. Better book now before they fill up.

Also if I'm able to make it to this, I'll be able to house some people from oos.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Try to get this stickied asap fellas. We can make this 100+ without much effort..NC+VA+MD alone can do that.

Also put something along the lines of "MELEE NATIONAL" in the thread title so people know the scope of this tournament.

Seems like a good opportunity to connect with the MD/VA FGC so we can cooperate more.

:D

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Try to get this stickied asap fellas. We can make this 100+ without much effort..NC+VA+MD alone can do that.
Requested

Also put something along the lines of "MELEE NATIONAL" in the thread title so people know the scope of this tournament.
Done

Seems like a good opportunity to connect with the MD/VA FGC so we can cooperate more.
We shed tears and blood over the war with the FGC and in the end we arranged for a compromise (read that as we begged them to let us in on their events).

Why do you care so much crimsonblur, you live in cali now.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm working on it. Will be done by the end of the week. Expect updates and stuff to happen

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, maybe ... housing?
Housing shouldn't really be necessary since the hotel special rate is FIFTY NINE DOLLARS.

W 4 people in a room, thats 15 a night, and there will be a casuals/free play room 24/7.

I don't know how you can get much more affordable than that.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Maybe sage should mention that in the OP then ~_~ especially if this is being toted as possibly a national <_<

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
It was in the original OP, and is still on the info section on facebook and rva tournaments.

The hotel room costs (and the CRT tv rooms) are major pluses in this venue as a major.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Maybe sage should mention that in the OP then ~_~ especially if this is being toted as possibly a national <_<
I have updated the first post with the hotel info. We also will be using the Apex ruleset. I'm still am not sure about how to handle ties in pools and since that was a problem at Apex I will address it. What do you all think?

Also in best of 5 sets, Dave's Stupid Rule does not apply. I had to choose between that or being able to ban stages.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Because some characters are better on some stages than others. Spacies probably do not want to play a marth on fd...

Troll post?

Because some characters are better on some stages than others. Spacies probably do not want to play a marth on fd...

Troll post?
No, that was an honest question

I really don't like the idea of banning stages. If you have a strength, you should be rewarded for it. If you have a weakness, you should be punished for it

hova

Smash Champion
oh ****

starter five with PS

strike for first match and no bans

i like it! the stage list is getting way too restricted

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
More hotel info added:

Anyone that wants to stay at the hotel for civil war, please start reserving now. It's NASCAR weekend and space will fill up fast. If you aren't sure, reserve anyway.
If we fill up the first 20 rooms by march 21st, we get another 20 room block.

Reasons to stay @hotel even though you live in Richmond.
A)easier to get there in the morning
B) 24 hour salty suite
C)24 hour cabs
D) old tube CRTs in rooms for casuals
E) only 59$ a night!
F)reserve rooms/space for the inevitable slackers that will wait until last minute
G) more gamers= less NASCAR rednecks

Call the hotel and say you're staying for civil war hosted by RVA tournaments (robin palm) for that discount. It'll be valid thu, fri, sat, sun.
Salty suite opens Friday night.

You can still ban a stage when your opponent is cp'ing in a set that is best out of three.
You cannot ban a stage in set that is best out of 5 since there are only 6 legal stages. That combined with Dave's Stupid Rule means that you have to eventually go to the stage you banned anyways if you are the last person to pick unless you want to go to a stage where your opponent already won.

I could make it so that you can still ban stages and that you simply cannot counterpick to the same stage twice in a row, but that gets complicated and the same result would probably happen anways so i'd rather just ban stages and have dsr in effect for the whole set.

Hopefully, Richmond's performance at Sypher's this weekend will encourage people to come down. We have two cars going up. We are also having a 40 person fest this friday with people from Sova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom