• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX & Next Level Lan Present: K.U.B. - 5 Dollar Footdives

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
-= GDX and Next Level Lan Presents =-​

Kid, UR Bad: 5 Dollar Footdives Edition
(aka KUB)

5 Dollar Footdives?

This is a new tourney idea I've come up with to see how it works out. There is a lack of activity for brawl in CFL in general, and lack of cheap, credible tourneys in the FGC community. This series will attempt to combine them into a full day of fighting game fun and salt for everyone. Building the community, having fun, hyping dumb matches of games you may not even play, its what this tourney and competitive fighting games are all about.

Every 5 dollar footdives tourney will have 4 events. Two of the events will always be (obviously):

Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles

The other two events will be FGC events, and will change the games every month. For this first one, we are going for maximum swag points with the inclusion of:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Street Fighter x Tekken

**Special Announcement**

For the first ever 5 Dollar Footdives, it is going down! We will cross the line, with the first ever Orlando X Tampa event.

Now, we suggest you pre-register on this document: Here

If you do not pre register for your events, you will pay $10 door fee and $10 entry per game. Otherwise, it will remain at $5 door fee and $5 entry per game. If you pre register for a game now, and then want to add/remove one at the door, it will be $5, since you at least pre registered that you are coming.

Steve of Sore Thumbs in Tampa will now run all of the FGC fighting games at this event. And we're not just talking the originally planned Marvel and Street Fighter X Tekken. He will also be running your other favorites: ( at least 8 people must enter, otherwise it is cancelled)
Arcade Edition v2012
King of Fighters XIII
Soul Calibur 5
Mortal Kombat
BlazBlue

Location & Time:

Venue opens: 11AM

Registration for every game will end 15 minutes before Brawl doubles, and 30 minutes before all other events. Things will actually start on time (or as close to humanly possible on time as a videogame tournament can be). If you do not think you will get here before registration ends for a game, have someone sign you up, or let me know well before the time limit so I can put you in myself.

Start Times:
Brawl Doubles: 12pm noon
Street Fighter x Tekken: 2pm
Brawl Singles: 4pm
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: 6pm

At 8pm, we will start every individual game semis/finals. Every game will be played down to top 4-6 (depending on time constraints), which will then be saved for the finals section. They will go in order of tourneys: (Brawl doubles top 4, then SFxT top 4-6, then Marvel top 4-6, finished off by braw singles top 4. If marvel is not down to top 4 by the time its to be streamed/played, it will switch with brawl singles in stream/play order

Next Level Lan
University Corporate Center
6947 Univeristy Blvd.
Winter Park, FL 32792
407-923-5883

NLL is in the middle of the chain of businesses with the big "X" on the banner of the store. Just check where a bunch of cars are. Parking allowed in rear (lol).

Coming off 417 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida, University Blvd.
Go straight down university heading for Full Sail. NLL is in the plaza on the right side of the street at the intersection of University Blvd and Forsyth Trail.

Coming off 408 (toll road):

Get off at the exit for the University of Central Florida - You stay on 408 till it literally turns into Challenger Parkway. Stay on Challenger Parkway until you reach the intersection of Challenger and Alafaya Tr.

Hang a right on Alafaya Tr.

Contiune on Alafaya Tr. until you reach the intersection of University and Alafaya. Turn left here and go down University until you reach the same area described in the 408 directions.

See Next Level LAN website at www.NextLevelLAN.com

Food:

Snacks and Food Available for Purchase at Next Level LAN (stock permitting)

- Pepsi Products (Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, Teas, Juices, and more)
- Monster
- Vitamin Water
- Starbucks Frapachinos
- Chips (Lays Products)
- Candy (Lots of different Candy Bars, Airheads, etc etc)
- Moon pies, brownies, Etc.
- THERE IS A DRINKING FOUNTAIN.

Also located near our Plaza is:

Burger King
Pollo Tropical
Dunkin Doughnuts
Perkins
Taco Bell
McDonald's
Orlando Alehouse
Chinese food
Steak n Shake
...and more

Yes, you are allowed to bring outside food and drink into the store. Just dispose of it!

Cost:

Being 5 Dollar Footdives, you can imagine that everything is $5 each:

Door Fee: $5
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $5
SFxT: $5
UMVC3: $5

For any singles event, if there are 16 or more entrants, payout percentages are as follows:
Singles Payouts A: 40/25/15/10/5/5
If there are 15 or less entrants, payout percentages are as follows:
Singles Payouts B: 50/25/15/10

For Brawl doubles, anything over 8 teams will have the payout percentages:
Doubles Payouts A: 50/25/15/10
For Brawl doubles, for 7 teams or less:
Doubles Payouts B: 60/25/15

100% of the pot will go back out to the players. Absolutely no pot **** of any kind. You pay the door fee once, no matter how many games you enter. Spectating is free, but friendlies/casuals will always have to be stopped immediately for tourney matches when necessary

If you would like to play on the PCs within the computer portion of NLL, you will still have to pay for hours.

Rules:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

BRAWL RULES:
Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Both tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

This will be Unity Ruleset (aka MK banned) with the Apex Stagelist

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Pokemon Stadium 1

FGC Games General Rules:
All matches are Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3 matches
Pool play will be incorporated for any tournament with more than 128 entries
You may request Blind Pick
No turbo buttons allowed for any games
This is a BYOC (bring your own controller/converter or joystick) event
Equipment malfunctions that pause/reset matches may result in game/match losses at the discretion of the tournament director
All dipswitch settings set to default when applicable
Finals are all 3 out of 5 matches
All FGC games for all weeks will be played on XBOX 360

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:
Galactus Mode is banned from tournament play
No game breaking glitches allowed
Winner keeps same starting character, but can switch order of assists
You may not use the same character twice on the same team
Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage
All characters are tournament legal, including Jill and Shuma Gorath

Street Fighter x Tekken:
Tourney Standards TBD.

setups:

Setups are definitely going to be necessary. I am able to provide a full setup for XBOX 360 and Wii. We need 4 setups at the minimum per game. If you have a setup, or at least part of a setup, please bring it. Next Level Lan has some CRT tvs that aren't being used, so bring everything you can. I will have a disc of every game aside from the single consoles as well. This being Florida, I can imagine the 360 setups are much easier to produce.

Also if you have any spare PC microphones that would also help. My current streaming equipment only composite inputs, but I do have a cables for both 360 and wii to fit.

For those who do bring a full setup for any game, you will get entry into a drawing to where two different winners will get reimbursed their $5 door fee by me personally (which you can then use at a Subway down the street if you really want to :laugh: )

Misc Notes:
I will be putting the brackets on paper for every game. If someone could assist me with running a bracket for a game I may either not play, or may be busy with something else, it would be greatly appreciated.

Granted I'm able to get the microphones, commentary should be open. I only ask that you commentate a game to where you could do serious commentary if you HAD to (aka you play the game). Aside from that, just bring hype to the commentary and I'm good. This isn't E-sports style

Any questions/comments/concerns feel free to post in here or AIM me at GameDragonX. If you get lost you can give me a call at 863-934-2355. you can also hit me up on Facebook under Keith Kelly

Also join the facebook event as well: http://www.facebook.com/events/297907610272079/
and join the CFL Smashers facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/192371940793107 and/or the Orlando Fighting Game Community Group (ask for invite) http://www.facebook.com/groups/173259156033912

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
3/5/2012 Annoucement:

For the first ever 5 Dollar Footdives, it is going down! We will cross the line, with the first ever Orlando X Tampa event.

Now, we suggest you pre-register on this document: Here

If you do not pre register for your events, you will pay $10 door fee and $10 entry per game. Otherwise, it will remain at $5 door fee and $5 entry per game. If you pre register for a game now, and then want to add/remove one at the door, it will be $5, since you at least pre registered that you are coming.

Steve of Sore Thumbs in Tampa will now run all of the FGC fighting games at this event. And we're not just talking the originally planned Marvel and Street Fighter X Tekken. He will also be running your other favorites: ( at least 8 people must enter, otherwise it is cancelled)
Arcade Edition v2012
King of Fighters XIII
Soul Calibur 5
Mortal Kombat
BlazBlue

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Looking forward to this GDX.
I am looking forward to actually seeing you play again. Im sorry that the kub smashfests on Fridays didn't work out, but I hope you're having fun at the Advent tourneys and hostings (yea I know you been going to those lol)

yes MK is banned. Unity ruleset with apex stagelist, for brawl

when I say brawl starts at noon and registration ends at 11:45, i really mean it. Im again urging you guys to not test me on this. Dubs starting an hour late as usual isnt gonna fly this time :laugh:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I should try perfecting my button-mashing so I can obnoxiously fight some one with my Phoenix wright and zero.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
For those who don't know that reading is fundamental, either in the title of the thread or the op of the thread, the events this month are:

Brawl dubs
Brawl singles
Street fighter x tekken
Ultimate marvel vs capcom 3

Not sure what events ill actually enter myself. Maybe nothing maybe everything except marvel

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Smh you figure it out then.

/suggests hype shot down cuz he plays mahvel

/notifies that there's mahvel shot down for no reason

Sounds like he just don't wanna go =/

Hope u figure it out though.

Top Bottom