• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Salt Mines III 2/19/12

Player-1

Smash Legend
Brawl Singles (Total Entrants 27):

1. Esam :pikachu2: :popo: $162
2. Reflex :wario: :pt: $81
3. 4God :dedede: $27
4. Player-1 :diddy:
5. Micaelis :wario:
5. Bill_ :sheik: :olimar:
7. Cam :pikachu2:
7. Scatt :snake: :olimar:
9. Player-3 :fox: :marth: :luigi:
9. aml?! :gw:
9. Neo X :wario:
9. Arch :toonlink: :marth:
13. Sakika :sheik:
13. hero? :peach:
13. iblis :fox:

Didn't make it out of pools:
-Gadiel Vastar
-Player-2
-Shark
-JTmerrel
-Yawp
-ptck
-Link Queen
-hawky
-Hyez
-Hichez
-Fox
-blue

Brawl Doubles (9 Teams):
1. My Shiny Teeth and Me (Esam/Arch)
2. Reflex and Player-1
3. WDHO (Scatt/Neo X)
4. aml?! and Gadiel Vastar
5. Alabama Salt League (Cam/Bill_)
5. Iblis and Hero?
7. Joe's Fine Dough Pizza (Yawp/JTmerrel)
7. Joe's a Cheap Scrub (Player-2/Player-3)
9. Team Falc (ptck/????)

Bracket:

Someone check my character usage and tell me if I got everyone right.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have some videos on my Wii; I'll work on uploading the videos after putting up the rest of the HASL videos (which I can do, now that I have access to a capture card!). Hopefully it all gets done by tomorrow night. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
We (as in, the ASL TOs) have a system that allow multiple people to upload a group of videos at once. Granted, perhaps I was too optimistic about it, but, it's not impossible, by any means.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I don't have full poll results, just who got what seed:

1st seeds- Esam, Player-1, Bill_, Scatt, Reflex
2nd seeds- Neo X, Cam, 4God, Micaelis, Arch
3rd seeds- aml?!, hero?, Player-3, Sakika, iblis

Pool 1: Esam, Neo X, aml?!
Pool 2: Player-1, cam, hero?
Pool 3: Bill_, Micaelis, Sakika, Hawky
Pool 4: Scatt, 4God, Iblis
Pool 5:Reflex, Arch, Player-3

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I had fun! Would've had a better time if I didn't get a huge headache by time for singles. ):

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Good tournament. I'll do shoutouts later, and I'll leave some complaints for Player-1 regarding how the tournament was run because he always does that to us :awesome:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Lol, this is what my mind saw.

Just curious, why was there such a large pool cutoff since there were only 27 entrants? I've never seen the T.O. (or whoever does it lol) make the bracket, does it make it easier to make or something?

Good **** Esam for taking the gold btw ^_^.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So you got vids of Reflex vs Esam? Or PT vs Pika? Or Pika vs PT & Reflex vs Esam?

:sonic:

& Reflex wheres that thread where they ask you questions?

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
That tournament was a lot of fun. Playing against Esam and Reflex in pools and bracket, respectively, taught me that I do quite a few unsafe moves when I aim to "space" instead. I need to work on that. Also, I learned that I have a LOT of work to do against Wario and Pikachu. My two pools losses were to wario and pikachu, aaaaaaaaaand my two bracket losses were to wario and pikachu lol.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
So you got vids of Reflex vs Esam? Or PT vs Pika? Or Pika vs PT & Reflex vs Esam?

:sonic:

& Reflex wheres that thread where they ask you questions?
All of those are correct. There's also Wario against Pikachu, which also happens to be Reflex vs. ESAM.

As for the interview, Zigsta said he would get in touch with me a week or so after the voting ended, but I haven't heard from him since.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
This tournament was a lot of fun. GA/AL has so many good players, this region is definitely up there and underrated as seen by Apex results. I think this tournament makes the GA PR seem skewed because Scatt, Neo-X, and Scatz are great players, and Big Lou is already a top GA player and he isn't even on the new PR. Iblis is good too, and I'm sure I'm missing other GA players that have the skill to make it. I think there should be honorable mentions in the next PR because the skill in GA is improving.

I don't even feel the need to send shout outs. Shoutouts seem to be for everyone except the person I'm shouting out too. I love playing everyone, talking, and meeting all of you.

My pool
Player-2--your Pit has potential man, if you just get a little more motivation to play and practice, you can be really good. You already make pretty good decisions.
Sharkz--good games man, I think you played pretty good for your first tournament. Keep at it man.
Iblis--good games, you capitalized on a lot of my mistakes. Good job making it into bracket
Scatt--great games, I got lucky at the end, but I'll be ready for you next time! Your Snake/Oli are great.
4God--good games, your an awesome person bro, my hands started to cramp while we were playing. I think it's because of that chaingrab, lol I was trying to mash up-b as fast as I could. You still took me out fair and square.

I loved playing friendlies w/ everyone and playing Reflex taught me that I don't really know how to play this game, lol.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
This tournament was a lot of fun. GA/AL has so many good players, this region is definitely up there and underrated as seen by Apex results. I think this tournament makes the GA PR seem skewed because Scatt, Neo-X, and Scatz are great players, and Big Lou is already a top GA player and he isn't even on the new PR. Iblis is good too, and I'm sure I'm missing other GA players that have the skill to make it. I think there should be honorable mentions in the next PR because the skill in GA is improving.

Iblis--good games, you capitalized on a lot of my mistakes. Good job making it into bracket
Thanks man your pit is going to be really good if you keep it up.

@Italics: Most of the time we don't show up enough to be on the PR, honorable mentions are cool but I don't want to be ranked if I don't show enough, I won't show any consistency, if I don't even show up.

And yeah GA/AL is good we just got haters lol

Add these homie.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Just did; thanks for the heads-up. There were more videos than I thought, apparently. :)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is Sakika in GA or outstate?

I had fun, even though I came a bit late for tourney admission. It was gret seeing you all again, too.:applejack:

Top Bottom