• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cold Con 2

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO

So after the absolute neutering of the tournament thanks to the last minute changes at the venue, it still preformed fairly admirably for what I was expecting, though, which was absolutely nothing. Not to mention the venue took the money and did the payouts themselves, which... well, that isn't going to happen again.

Heh.

So anyway, here we go.

Singles (9 Entrants)

1. Super ($20.00) :mario2: / :fox:
2. Jawsome ($12.00) :pikachu2: / :fox: / :pt:
3. Robjoe ($8.00) :zerosuitsamus: / :lucario: / :wolf: / :jigglypuff:
4. Red :sheilda: / :zerosuitsamus:
5. Tired :kirby:
5. Flan~ :gw: / :link2:
7. rsr2 :gw: / :wolf:
7. Ryland :sonic:
9. Preston :kirby:

Doubles (3 Teams)

1. Pointless Adventures ($15.00) - Super :mario2: / :marth: & Robjoe :zerosuitsamus:
2. Red Jaws ($10.00) - Jawsome :pikachu2: :fox: & Red :sheik:
3. Watch us Game (Swag) - rsr2 :gw: & Flan~ :gw:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
1. Super - God, do better next time.
2. Jawsome - I'm not sure if you played better or worse when you, um, went to your car for a bit. You lost to Robjoe beforehand, and then beat him after, so... Anyway, that jab combo lock was hilarious and wrong.
3. Robjoe - Looks like we need to work on that item game.
4. Red - We didn't play too often, but gorramit, stop sandbagging in pools, I hated putting you where you were.
5. Tired - Dat Kirby. Such a good short hop game.
5. Flan~ - Get them buckets breaks on. Also, the key is a fantastic tool, but it's more for platform camping.
7. rsr2 - Dude, nice seeing you.
7. Ryland - I doubt you'll see this, but good job. Keep it up, you've got talent.
9. Preston - Never played you.

Robjoe

Smash Rookie
1. Super - Not surprised to lose to you, for obvious reasons. We really need to get together and play more often.
2. Jawsome - I always enjoy our fights, and our encounters here were no exception. Interesting strategy you employed in loser's finals, by the way. Even more interesting that it worked swimmingly. :awesome:
3. Robjoe - Work on those Dsmash follow-ups, as well that item game.
4. Red - Haaaaa, Zero Suit ditto's. Always fun. Though I wasn't aware of your pool sandbagging. Don't do that, man. You're better than that.
5. Tired - I don't think we ever fought outside of our pool set, but I liked the matches. Kirby isn't exactly a common character.
5. Flan~ - You and I seriously need to play more. We live together. You're actually pretty good, and if we practice we'll both improve.
7. rsr2 - You're always a fun guy Randall, and the Ganon madness was excellent.
7. Ryland - You're not bad with your age. You have the foundation for success, though you need to get a feel for what works and what doesn't.
9. Preston - See your brother.

Fun times all around, even if the college policies were stupid. Hopefully we'll have a better venue next year.

See you all later.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Singles (9 Entrants)

1. Super ($20.00) :mario2: / :fox: Nice seeing you again! It was a fun tournament regardless of the turnout. If you host anything, keep me informed ^ _ ^
2. Jawsome ($12.00) :pikachu2: / :fox: / :pt: Fun matches. Especially the Ganon and Meta Knight Dittos. That was hilarious and especially explaining to everyone what your name means :p That was great!
3. Robjoe ($8.00) :zerosuitsamus: / :lucario: / :wolf: / :jigglypuff: Nice seeing you again. The ganon battles were legit!!!! So much fun!
4. Red :sheilda: / :zerosuitsamus: Nice seeing you again. We had our rematch but no game 3 : \ Oh well still fun Don't forget E4 and the other game I posted that you should play ^ _ ^
5. Tired :kirby: You need to watch Boku No Piko if you haven't yet :awesome:
5. Flan~ :gw: / :link2: It was great teaming up with you in Doubles. GAME AND WATCH ALL THE WAY BABY!!!! Also MORE GANON BATTLES!!!!
7. rsr2 :gw: / :wolf: 24/7 STATUS SON!
7. Ryland :sonic: You guys were cool and don't be so negative. You guys were like oh we suck and yadda yadda. Keep playing and you will improve. But what am I saying, I suck....
9. Preston :kirby: Same as above

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I would actually think it would be a constant mix between Jawesome, Red, and Super. I think Amity would be up there as well.
No offense toward Jawsome but I think I've got him beat more'n 70% of the time. Red, I dunno, I never really play him when he isn't sandbaggin' in pools, but insofar our matches are really one sided.

Amity plays Snake and I get thrashed by Snake. Might pocket a Pika to deal with him, but our matches were 70% his wins against me at a Smashfest, albeit most of them were Mario and Falcon. Our Fox v. Snake matchup is 50/50 having only played 2 matches in that matchup. I dunno.

I think we all just need to play more before we even start entertaining those ideas of who is better'n who. I mean, Robjoe beat Jawsome in Winner's Bracket, but lost in Loser's Finals.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I didn't known there were recorded matches :o You should make a post with all the sets that are up.

I'd also love to see you guys make some type of list categorizing who the best players are.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I don't think we've played enough for that. Most of the time I'm just looking at matchups and experience against different characters, so there isn't a whole lot of 'I MUST WIN.' Rather, it's more, 'Okay, that move beats that move from that angle, but at this angle UAir works wonders.' That said, I've got better track records against both Red and Jawsome, and I can hold my own against Lordy(Although he is a better player than me). L's da best, but Amity, I dunno. Jawsome plays Pika so he can probably handle Amity's Snake like a boss, so AFAIK, Amity > Super > Jawsome > Amity. It's counterpicks.

As for Robjoe, he's a player who gets wrecked by nerves, otherwise I'd rate him over Jawsome. As it is, I'd suspect him to be just above Red and right below Jawsome. If he gets his nerves in check, then I'd like to see more matches between Jawsome and Robjoe.

As for the recorded matches, we didn't have the force replay code, so we lost matches from both Winners' and Grand Finals, and Jawsome and Robjoe didn't save a single match from Losers'. All the recorded matches from that day are on that channel, though.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
You guys should play red when he is serious that **** is scary

Anyways the issue is getting him to not only try in tournaments but actually sleep the night before one

But in all reality

Amity is by far one of the best in west MI beat only to L and Lordy probally

Top Bottom