• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KC Brawl Presents: Get HYPE! (ft. Vinnie, MJG, Fino, DeLux)

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
DeLux: wait
DeLux: is it "Get Hyped" or "Get Hype"?
DeLux: you people and your slang these days >_>
MJG: lmfao
MJG: uh
MJG: im not sure which one you would want
DeLux: it's the last one
DeLux: hyped means past tense
DeLux: which is incoherent
DeLux: duh
MJG: ...
MJG: thinking too much man lol
MJG: use the last one tho
KCBrawl Presents:
GET HYPE!
A Midwest West Brawl Tournament

Venue
Community Room 2 (Max Occupancy 190)
City of Lawrence Community Building
115 West 11th Street, Lawrence, KS 66044

Tentative Schedule

12pm - Venue Opens for setup
12:30pm - Signups
1pm - Singles Pools
4pm - Double Brackets
6 pm - Singles Bracket
10pm - Venue closes

Cost

$5 Venue fee
$10 Brawl Singles
$20 Brawl Doubles (per team)

- Venue fee is waived if you bring a full setup (TV + Brawl)
- First three people (traveling from out of state) that volunteer will get their venue fee waived for only a Wii since I have 3 extra TVs.

Prizes

Entry Pot Cuts
1st=52%
2nd=26%
3rd=14%
4th=8%

Housing

The Lux Lounge (my apartment) can house quite a few people. Preference given to out of state people.

Rules
We will be using the most current Unity Ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

[Collapse="Don't be late to matches and other fine print"]
I will be very strict about DQing people because of time constraints. Your Match will be called. You will have 5 minutes. If you have not started within 5 minutes and I am alerted, you will be given a two minute warning. After the two minute warning, you will forfeit game one. After another three minutes, you will forfeit the set. I will not hesitate to kick people off of tv's regardless if it's a friendly or moneymatch. You have been warned.

Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.[/collapse]

Contact Info

TO - Philip "DeLux" Fukuto - (714) 906-6582 - or PM/VM

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Lux, with that layz mimic.

I'm sad I won't be able to make this. But I already know this was the only date you can host it so I feel ya. Have fun.

DeLux

I have Vinnie wanting to come to his, but his flight costs $256

I will personally donate $200 to his travel. Would anyone else be willing to help me get his ticket?

Vinnie

Smash Master
I have Vinnie wanting to come to his, but his flight costs $256

I will personally donate $200 to his travel. Would anyone else be willing to help me get his ticket?
I would easily pay the difference, but I'm pennypinching for SRT (Japan tourney). I hope I can end up going to this!

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Vinnie, mah dood oyu got oyurself a free way there. I think you shoudl take it, Safara is like rich or something I swear, fly me out there when you want. LOL

edit: Vinnie you better not ****ing lose.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I thought this was 2 hours from me it's 4...Add melee so I can carpool with springfield :D

hi vinnie!

DeLux

There won't be melee because there's SMYM going on the same day

DeLux

If you can get them to confirm going, and can get people to bring setups, I might as well run it as a side event since there will be space to do it.

I just can't have it take time away from bracket play and stuff is all

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
If you can get them to confirm going, and can get people to bring setups, I might as well run it as a side event since there will be space to do it.

I just can't have it take time away from bracket play and stuff is all
done deal. if you'd need help running any brackets i'm more than willing to help.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Hype.

But not coming, this is right before hell week, which is the week before spring break :(

Sorry!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
there wont be much local melee attendance cause most are going to smym

gonna try to, but its a busy day at work/other drivers already asked off, gonna try my best ><

just as a warning, if you are in a carpool with me and i am going, im leaving at eleven so you better be out of bracket or have other ride options as i get up at nine AM the next day to work

DeLux

The venue closes at 10:30pm, so they better be out of bracket by 11 I'd agree LOL

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
It would be great to go visit, but I don't think I'll be able to. I'll consider it if there's a carpool from Springfield, though I don't see that being very likely. Will KC be having another tournament in the coming months?

DeLux

We've been having local monthlies/triweeklies on a pretty regular basis now (4 in the last 2 and a half months).

Terral, if you organized a carpool from springfield, I'd help you guys out some on gas since I really wish the Springfield Brawl people would get out and see what the Brawl world has to offer instead of being so isolated. PM me and we can work out details.

Update to OP:
- Venue fee is waived if you bring a full setup (TV + Brawl)
- First three people (traveling from out of state) that volunteer will get their venue fee waived for only a Wii + Brawl since I have 3 extra TVs.

DeLux

We have another announcement coming tonight to try to make this the most HYPE tournament of all time.

Get Hype?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I don't think I'll be able to make it there's a fighting game tourney going on the same day in Kansas but pretty sure there still will be a car going to this anyways ^.^

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm getting a surprising amount of interest from Springfield. It's seeming very likely we can send a car there with around 4 people.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
(this doesn't apply, but it's interesting). To get from Nebraska to Kansas on Mega Bus, you have to go to Chicago first, then to somewhere else, then Kansas. ****ing duymbbb.

Top Bottom