• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 10-11] [HOBO35 & BBN5] Nike vs Gnes, Razer, Roy_R, Bio

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Vs bio

Largest thing i noticed is you kept putting yourself in a bad position by full hopping your aerials. Grounded marth is amazing vs zss cuz of her grabs long startup(And he's much safer overall that way) which makes his pokes so much better.Her best option is jab OoS which is 8 frames and very bleck range. OH YA di the jab down.And he's much safer overall that way Punish her more on the ledge. Most of her options are relatively easy to cover react to when she's there.

Oh ya you can di down out of whip stun btw. Makes it so she can't fair you out of release.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll talk about the zss match, because that's what I know~

1. Why are you scared to grab an armor piece that's right in front of you and be god tier amazing and **** people?
0. Why you platform cancel walk into getting hit by an armor piece :(
2. Why you jump from 4.5 sword lengths away and do a sh forward air
3. Why you jump from 6 sword lengths away and then aim for empty space with the falling nair
4, Why you take shield pressure from 4 sword lengths away and instantly jump fair to hit some air
5. If that roll was intentional it was pretty good, I'm not sure if he read that though but you got down smash'd
6. Why do you always aerial so early? :(
7. Why do you bair or nair when it's uair season?
8. Not sure about you, but in my experiences, pivot grab shenanigans aren't too strong against ZSS, but I could just be very bad at the whole thing (and I know you're pretty good with them, but they didn't really work out much for you here)

Generally it seems you go for grabs a little too much and you're using nair nearly entirely for defensive measures over aggression/pressure

WHY YOU SPAM DOLPHIN SLASH
Often you would retreat from closeish quarters while you were on the ground in neutralish circumstances, gotta remember that marth has god tier walk and zss' is like 1/1000th of the speed and other than dtilt she has nothing fast/long ranged enough to handle that close quarter pressure.

In some part sof the second match and at least a nice bit in the third you were edge guarding/gimping well/properly - the whole ledge drop lazer thing he was doing was sooooo bad that I felt like yelling DOWN TILT so loudly that it would rip through time and space and you'd suddenly have won the game in just 2 matches instead of 3. You ***** him third match with some BAIR STANCE.

Also full hop dair stuffs isn't that bad against ZSS at all (as much as you'd think her having dat uair would negate that).

Nice win though :) I'll prob watch some more later

C.J.

Smash Master
You know my usual things about Snake and Diddy and Shaya covered ZSS, so just a few things for anyone else that see this (if you want to go into more detail, IM or text me):

More uair!

You can't nair onto the stage from the ledge when Diddy has an item in hand =/

You fell onto a banana on the ground more than a few times while starting an aerial higher in the air. Land with an AD/aerial/instant throw on landing so that you don't trip an gain control of the item instead.

You can't drop free gimps on Diddy. When he tried to side-B to the ledge and missed it since you were on it, you need to pick up the fair stagespike.

Your jab usage has gotten better by leaps and bounds. I'm impressed.

Buffered aerial (bair in the case of 1:07) will pick up the banana and was an overall better option there.

Everything leading up to your first kill on Gnes was very pretty.

Cool it with the DB1 OoS things. You've gotten a lot better at the MU, but you still should work on it a little more before you start trying to add in that stuff- at least vs Gnes.

Pretty much the entirety of the first stock on game 2 was a pleasure to watch. Usmash was not a good choice though. Way too committal vs Diddy and loses to almost every option Diddy has. You picked the ledge trapping back up again quickly enough though.

Don't auto-pilot grabs.

Your throw follow-ups have gotten so much better.

Be careful about DS vs Snake.

You've gotten really consistent/solid at trapping landings. Now just do the same thing to the actual juggling part. You're jumping through Snake while he falls a lot; fall with him. With his fall speed he'll catch up to you.

Your dtilts are so good vs Snake.

Be more aggressive when edgeguarding Snake when he's recovering low. Even if it's just dtilting him away from grabbing the ledge making him recover high, free damage is free damage.

I would have been so mad if he lived through the grenade at the end of game one, rofl.

Don't fair when he's behind you -_-

Oh, and more uair!

P.S. I agree with Shaya on that pivot grab things are less effective vs ZSS.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Nike, sup bro. I'm impressed by your playstyle, just don't forget to mix stuff up. You double jump back to the stage vs Diddy way too often. Moreover, you shff fair -> jab too preditactably, you're lucky Gnes didn't want to (or could?) adapt. Whenever you're near the edge, you space yourself towards the edge after jumping. Once again, mix it up. Do that stuff vs a good player and you're dead. And stop wanting to get back on stage when you're on the edge, take your time.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Be more aggressive when edgeguarding Snake when he's recovering low. Even if it's just dtilting him away from grabbing the ledge making him recover high, free damage is free damage.
You must be talking about last stock, game1 lol.
Let him on the stage because he did a nikita by accident, didnt wanna just free win it.

He also did a few "go for the ledge when Nikes expecting me go high" that I fell for lol.

Thanks everyone <3

Top Bottom