• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are Crews Dead?

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Curious as to if crew battles still happen, I mean Im not talking about US vs World. I mean actual crews that battle for best in state or go at it every chance they get. I dont hear alot about crews anymore, or even know many.

I think something Id like to see more of in the future is to have actual crew tournaments, and also awhile back I thought of a way crews could be done. I got a lot of mixed opinions about its but ill repost it here.
Again it would be hard to do cause of how late tournaments end, but if maybe in the future smashers could start hosting crew tournaments.

Heres how the crews would work and yes I did take the idea from an anime/sport. (Prince of Tennis)

Crews would need at least 7 people in the crew and present at a crew battle. The crew battles would play out like this:

Singles 3
Doubles 2
Singles 2
Doubles 1
Singles 1 (3/5)

First to win 3 of the 5 Games wins the battle.

Now I know there are some negative things about this method but also some positives too.

Some Positives

1. The crews have to decide which players are better in singles or doubles and have pick wisely. Brings a new strategic play to the table.

2. There are players who are better in teams then in singles and gives them a chance to shine.

3. This opens up new tournament play and makes crews big again.

Some negatives off my head:

1. Not every player is guaranteed to play

2. Crews need to be more willing to travel have to be big enough to play

3. Tournaments would have to be dedicated to crews.

Just an idea for now.

Max?

Smash Champion
TFS might be one of the only actual crews still around in the country, and I don't think we've ever actually gone through with a crew vs. crew battle. No one really cares tbh lol

Max?

Smash Champion
Long Island would get exposed over and over again with our secondaries.

I guess thats a big reason why we don't bother with crews, we already know the outcome

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The issue with crews tournaments is that all the best players just get together and form a super crew. This is kind of what happened at 0C3. I think crews kind of died because we started getting much more frequent nationals. It used to be that regions stayed pretty isolated from each other until a huge national came along, which wasn't that often. Now it seems like the big names from each region get to play each other a lot more often.

I do, however, think that draft crews is a really fun side event and it only takes like an hour. It's good for developing friendship in local communities especially.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Regional crews have been *** recently because nobody has wanted to do WC vs EC vs South since G1

and cuz people like Jman don't travel

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I really wanted to do Canada vs Europe at APEX but then Vwins quit, Bam flopped, and we didn't have anyone from WC (Sion & Blunted, namely) so it was like... "lol what's the point we're gonna get bodied".

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'll try to hit everyone up, hopefully everyone goes to zenith

Codi

Smash Ace
Long Island would get exposed over and over again with our secondaries.

I guess thats a big reason why we don't bother with crews, we already know the outcome
Oh god you don't know how wrong you are I'd put money down we would take it =]

i was thinking about making a thread like this a couple days ago too. its all just regions now =/

i have a crew tho.

its me, bladewise eggz toph ciz vish

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I have a crew. LCFC = Lookin cute feelin cute. Me, Palpi, Melomeniacal, No Ca$h and prob abunch of other peeps but we play with them rarely ;/

Codi

Smash Ace
the only person on there team that is remotely good is pc the rest are alright we
got this :)

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Wait codi am i on the li crew now or not? Also if i am in the crew we got this np... if i am not in **** u guys u will be wrecked lol

Edit:@ codi i am that peach player who got top 5 at the last blu planet then i talked with u at apex about how its weird we never played against each other. U know the soon to be new #1 on the island :)

Codi

Smash Ace
no your not on it lmao a peach shouldn't lose to a roy ever :p and you ot a long way to go if your gonna be number 1 on the island and pfff don't underestimate LI

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Shots being fired

I dont lose to roy i lose to jared b/c he got in my head but i am over that now. And i am not underestimating LI u r underestimating me. Also no offense to lefty but i am better then him already.

Codi

Smash Ace
Shots being fired

I dont lose to roy i lose to jared b/c he got in my head but i am over that now. And i am not underestimating LI u r underestimating me. Also no offense to lefty but i am better then him already.
Let the **** talk begin =] First off and no offense to you but you aren't better then lefty. Peach is probably one of his worst matchups and we've have been taking care of that problem.

and i think you might have edited it out but you said you would be the best on the island in half a year? I don't think I'm retiring in half a year....or animal...or honeybadger or lefty soooooooooooooooo don't think thats the case :p

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Ya'll r sleepin on Boat Mode

1 years time I'll be... mediocre! Better than bad mirite

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Let the **** talk begin =] First off and no offense to you but you aren't better then lefty. Peach is probably one of his worst matchups and we've have been taking care of that problem.

and i think you might have edited it out but you said you would be the best on the island in half a year? I don't think I'm retiring in half a year....or animal...or honeybadger or lefty soooooooooooooooo don't think thats the case :p
Doesnt matter if u retire or not b/c the best on the island is g$ atm. 2nd ok then mm vs lefty this sat (o and i know how hard that sheik vs peach mu must of been for him i mean he only has the advantage). 3rd who the **** is honeybadger. 4th its funny how u seem to know my skill level even through we have never played and the last time u might of seen me play was like 3 or 4 months ago. I dont even know if u r better then me but even if u r u better enjoy it now b/c thats going to be coming to an end

Edit: o and lefty as sheik lost to the same persons roy so... is that a bad mu for him as well

Max?

Smash Champion
Me, Animal, Lefty, HoneyBadger, Project, G$ and we'll throw in Prog as our random
LOL let's go, how much you guys willing to put down on this? If you're feeling so confident you should be willing to put down at least $20 a person right?

One billion trillion $ on TFS.
Nah, LI DEF has this.

the only person on there team that is remotely good is pc the rest are alright we
got this :)

LOL, yeah you're right, we all suck.

Oh wait, didn't I 2-0 G$ the last 3 times I played him in tournament? 3 stock, 2 stock specifically the last time? And isn't he like the best player in LI?

Nah, you're right tho, we're ***.

LI crew gonna be destroyed

They got this

TFS vs. LI $50 per person MM?
Idk Mike, I'm not sure I can afford to lose all that $ ;)

The ot neva wants me in a crew battle lol.....welp im a fraud anyways

DAMN, I just got exposed. Trey is in over Nando easy. THAT kid is a fraud. For some reason I always associate you with Avalanche even tho they are all lazy and fraudish.

It's aight, time to just start a new crew since I moved to CT.

pittsburgh crew would tap

thelake, vudujin, taki, nakamaru, obama

black power
No fair! We can't touch Obama, that ***** is too good

Top Bottom