• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl at Skynet Gaming - Grand Rapids, MI

Syrensilly

Smash Cadet
Skynet Gaming
4336 Plainfield Ave NE Ste K
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
(For those that haven't been here, we are located on the backside of the building, underneath Super-T Karate.)
(616) 776-1287
http://www.skynet-gaming.com
http://www.facebook.com/skynetgaming

This is a double elimination singles and doubles tournament.

Entry fee: $7 to the prize pool per person per event.
Venue fee: $1 online pre-registration or $3 at the door. One fee covers both events.
(Pre-registration with both events would total $15, At the door both events will be $17)

Pre-registration is now live:
http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1198101-TNhAq2UMM3
Pre-registration is considered complete only when you have submitted proper information into Paypal. I am also taking survey results from the main page of the pre-registration form.

Prize split will be 60/30/10 of the prize pool per event.

Basic Schedule is:
10am Arrival for setups
11am Registration and check-in Opens
12pm Doubles Registration closes
12:15pm Doubles play begins
2:30pm Singles Registration closes
3:30pm Singles pools begin
5:00pm (after pools finish) intermission/food
6:00pm Singles play begins

We will be holding doubles and singles events. We are also looking at having some stuff running on the side just for fun. (I remember some talk about MTG..we will have a few spaces available to play.) Taking comments on suggested side games like melee or street fighter or whatever else...

We will be offering pizza for $1 a slice between pools and singles play start if people are interested. This will help cut down on having to leave and come back.
As for drinks, there is a fountain machine $1 initial and $.50 refills. There's also a fridge that is almost completely full of different energy drinks.

This will use the unity ruleset:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158
There has been a suggested ban on Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise. I am considering this depending on input. Please go to the pre-registration page and fill out your vote, even if you don't plan on fully completing pre-registration.

I am also looking for an additional 8-9 setups to help keep things running smoothly. I am willing to refund venue fees to those that arrange in advance with me to bring them in. (PM syrensilly so I can have an accurate list of what setups are expected.)

Keep the date and watch for event updates.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll be coming back for sure! Last time was fun.
Also. I support the proposed ban on Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar!

Who wants to teamsies????

JTsm

Smash Master
This is definitely a maybe for me. Just depending how that week goes since it's 2 weeks before my finals.
Deffinitely ban RC and Brinstar.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So I said it in the MI thread, I'll say it here.

Gifts is driving to this. However....he refuses to drive to Ann Arbor. So be close by or able to get to my place if you want a ride to this.

rsr2

Smash Lord
I am so in on this!!!! The last one was a blast and I am looking for a doubles partner <3 Don't care who ^ _ ^

Roller

Smash Legend
roller you suck at calendars, April 14th is a saturday
I never said it was on another day... Someobody else claimed it was a Friday in the MI thread, and I said if it was true it should be changed... You suck at forums.
So I said it in the MI thread, I'll say it here.

Gifts is driving to this. However....he refuses to drive to Ann Arbor. So be close by or able to get to my place if you want a ride to this.
mehhhhhhh, if I go to that Amtrak station in AA.. how much would it cost for me to get somewhere Gifts would get me from?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I would love to come, seeing as this is the same day as my friend's birthday. My attendance depends on what we are doing for his birthday. Also this is the night before the LIGHTS concert. So this weekend could potentially be the hypest thing ever.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
I dont think A Unified ruleset is the problem its just how long it takes the URC to change their rules to what the community desires 4 months ago the majority wanted MK banned now we want RC and Brinstar banned and MK back this will probally take another 4-6 months for them to change and by that time who knows what we will think needs to be changed

...But back on topic

HYPE

Roller

Smash Legend
The problem is that SOME people want mk back, SOME people want Brin banned, some want RC banned, Some want Brin+RC banned, some want all 3 banned, and some want only 6 stages with a 10 minute timer (japanese rules), so when you have that many different objections for like 10 different reasons... It's hard to unify the ruleset.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
At least we have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 ... Unity, Apex, Japanese and small variations on those 3 basic rule sets

ZTD | TECHnology

You could Amtrak from Ann Arbor to Downtown Royal Oak...located 10 minutes away from my house and close to 696. Round trip....this will probably cost ya around the neighborhood of $25-30. The thing is that the train stops running at about 11 or so. So....you'd more than likely have to spend the night at my place after the tournament. I need to see if that's feasible but it's not that complicated.

Damittom

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-5811-9326
You could Amtrak from Ann Arbor to Downtown Royal Oak...located 10 minutes away from my house and close to 696. Round trip....this will probably cost ya around the neighborhood of $25-30. The thing is that the train stops running at about 11 or so. So....you'd more than likely have to spend the night at my place after the tournament. I need to see if that's feasible but it's not that complicated.
Yay! for public transit... now if only West MI had some

Roller

Smash Legend
Is that 10 minutes walking? or driving? Because if it's driving then I'm not walking that far on sunday to get to the station, lol. If it's 10 min walking, and I could crash at your place, then I suppose I could do that. I'd want a discount on gas fees tho.

ZTD | TECHnology

Its 10 mins driving.

I'm not asking you to walk either. There's a city bus that goes directly from the major roads by my house STRAIGHT to the train station. Id go with you myself. Been taking the SMART bus for 12 years...you're in good hands etc etc.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Okay, I am down with that. This time I will have a good amount of sleep and more practice because to be brutally honest, that was the first time I have ever done doubles without Team Attack on. (The library tournaments have that off all the time...)

Also this tournament needs some 4 player ganon FFA considering it's a West Michigan tournament. That **** is legit.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Derek, is there still space in the Giftsmobile? I'd like to claim a spot. I can easily get to your place Saturday morning if he doesn't want to pick me up at my house.

Also since there is doubles, who wants to teammmm?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Consider one of the 2 claimed

:yeahboi:

I'll talk with Dakota today, he probably wants to go.

Top Bottom