• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM practice featuring Jace and HondaFoo (KS), Thugz (MI) and JMan (SC via SD)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Original Thread

Dan said:
Thanks for coming, especially out of state (especially especially out of state League players)
Results

melee standard rules.

Melee Doubles 4-teams

#1-Sm3esh/Tyser :foxmelee::falconmelee:/:samusmelee: ~$30
#2-Honda/Jace :peachmelee:/:falconmelee: ~$10
#3-Rob/JBM :sheikmelee:/:marthmelee::foxmelee:
#4-Jman/SSJ3 :falconmelee:/:foxmelee::falcomelee:

Melee Singles 11 entries

#1-Jace :falconmelee: ~$27
#2-Tyser :samusmelee: ~$13
#3-Sm3esh :falcomelee: :????melee: ~$5
#4-JBM :foxmelee::marthmelee:
#5-MegaRobMan :sheikmelee:
#5-Cue :falcomelee:
#7-Jman :falconmelee:
#7-Thugz :falcomelee:
#9-HondaFoo :peachmelee:
#9-SSJ3 :foxmelee::falcomelee:
#9-Bolun :marthmelee::foxmelee:

Brawl Singles 7 entries

Unity
other than stage list and a few options.

*Option to have MK legal or banned.

*Option to have standing Infinites banned. (Like the stuff on Ness/Lucas and D3's craziness).

Starters::battlefieldb::fdb::lylat::smashville: :yoshisb:

Counter::rainbowcruise::ps2::ps1::halberd: :delfino::castlesiege:

2 stage bans.

*Extra stages for doubles optional::pictochat::pirateship::japes::whateverjankystageyoulove:

For this particular tournament, MK is banned and standing infinites are banned. Pirate Ship will also be legal for teams.

#1-ResTy :dedede: ~$22
#2-MegaRobman :wolf: ~$13
#3-Thugz :pikachu::olimar::toonlink::diddy: :metaknight:*
#4-Jman :sonic:
#5-Cue* :snake:
#5-Sm3esh :peach:
#7-JBM :marth:

*was agreed to upon by both parties, I frowned upon it.

A significant portion of money made was given to Dan for hosting and for our love and prayer that everything goes well for him and his family.

because, you know...money=love most of the time

resTy

Smash Champion
Before people start asking, this isn't Jman, the amazing Fox player. Just a guy from South Dakota...

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I got you covered, I was in a hurry and I'd rather put up the bracket/results asap.

Money earned is going to be kinda weird because we gave like ~20% of the money earned or so to the host, ShermantheTank (Dan) for personal issues (his father is in the ICU at Methodist Hospital, Omaha, NE.), but I'll give you the amounts earned before the weird cut.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Good **** Jace, Top 5 in my heart
Good stuff Tyser, Top 5 DDD

Jace08

Smash Lord
thanks lux

ggs everyone! Dan thanks again for hosting

I forgot how mad chill all you nebraska dudes are, I had a great time! Smeesh is as creative as ever, jbm is still mini m2k, and david's still got that amazing aggro. Bolun I personally think you got much better, it just sucks that we always have to play. You're handicapping yourself by not watching more marth vids!

rob learn a little more sheik stuff, you'll see a huge difference

tyser you should have won way more against me lol! don't let thoughts like "he's gonna come back and win" creep into your head. You got huge leads in our games for a reason. Brainwash yourself with "I'm gonna **** im" and you will

jman it was great to see you come out all that way, good talkin to ya. Keep watching vids and practicing your tech!

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Before people start asking, this isn't Jman, the amazing Fox player. Just a guy from South Dakota...
Lol not even gonna lie, I was already typing the question :yeahboi:.

Good stuff though, Sean has yet to choose one secondary I see ^_^
He's like the only one with 5 characters after his name lol.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Glad I came to this and had the chance to hang out with NE dudes again! I suck at Melee these days but I had a great time playing good ol' League

See (most of) you guys at SMYM!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Good stuff Tyser, Top 5 DDD
I'm glad you're finally coming around.

If I had won I would have made an appearance in the thread I'm banning myself from because it's just too easy to troll. But I didn't. Game 5 2nd set isn't good enough.

Good stuff though, Sean has yet to choose one secondary I see ^_^
He's like the only one with 5 characters after his name lol.
Thugz lost to David (cue) and myself. He should have gone Pika our entire set and he might have taken a match off me. He has made obvious improvements so keep helping him, Zinoto, he says you're like one of the nicest people in MI and one of the best brawlers.

rob learn a little more sheik stuff, you'll see a huge difference
Give me examples, people say I should learn stuff but I usually don't get an explanation of what or how to do it.

Not that I ever ASK how to do it, but I do ask what, lol.

See (most of) you guys at SMYM!
You gotta remember to downsmash...lol.

Shouts

Jace-GG's in doubles and the dollar MM. By game 3 you were really rolling me. Thanks for the wake up call for JBM and I in teams, we need to gain our chemistry better and I need to quit trying to do too much. Part of why we did well was that I didn't try to be super man, I just tried to support.

Tyser-It's really sad that a +3 matchup is my best option to beat you, lol. Just so you know
I honestly want to remove Castlesiege in lieu of Pirate Ship or maybe some other random level, but I'm trying to make this THE stage list.
So when you can't pick CS next time, it was way before you ***** me there. Also I could notice you weren't sandbagging me in melee after I should have rocked you hard that 1st match. Don't go easy on me.

Sm3esh-I really hope you went to the eye doctor after the tournament. You are good at teams when you don't SD every other stock. Nice work. Your peach is nasty, but like the entire matchup for me is to not get downaired without a full shield. I was ready to play so lame against you in melee singles again, lol.

JBM-Fox is dumb. Dude, we gotta start practicing teams again before SMYM. Also I really, really need to play as Red Sheik to warm up before hand, I can't believe how poorly those first 2 matches went. Might need some people to play as blue peach so I can deal with the confusion so I don't just walk off the ledge and die.

MegaRobMan-Color Johns. +3 Johns.

Cue-LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL You beat Thugz.

Jman-Thank you Thank you Thank you for coming! It's nice to know we have someone dedicated to getting better and who will drive 8 hours to a 13 man glorified smashfest. Next time it won't be as hectic and we'll get to play more friendlies in melee too, not just brawl.

Thugz-Yo. Go back to playing as Pikachu. I have no idea why you would try and play against me as someone who isn't your main. Also, I think I might have to give you a YELLOW CARD for playing as MK at a MK banned tournament. Thanks for hooking Dan up, he appreciates it. Also, don't get mad when you ask me questions during GRAND FINALS and I respond with sarcasm instead of telling you to shut the **** up and wait until I'm not busy to give you 3 dollars for getting 3rd at 7 man tournament.

HondaFoo-I think you are gonna get bored playing LOL soon, Dan has plans for you. GG's, honestly I believe you are amongst my top 3~5 biggest win, though you are rusty, don't spoil it for me. See ya in a few weeks.

SSJ3-Mmmmmmmmmm, I'm gonna have to ask you to.........you know.....mmmmmmm..fill it up...all the way...........with all your stuff......now.

Bolun-I think you might be qualified to be on the Nebraska/Iowa sleeping PR. GG's. Your Fox is getting better, but I fear your Marth more than your Fox now that I've had time to prepare for Fox. I also really love your drive to get a melee scene at UNL, that's awesome.

Yulai-Glad to see ya as always, too bad you couldn't come earlier and enter.

Greg-Same as Yulai, super glad you are giving up on that childrens card game. Maybe you can focus more on smangbras.

Bobby-Same as SSJ3, but nower.

Dan-Thanks and ****.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Give me examples, people say I should learn stuff but I usually don't get an explanation of what or how to do it.

Not that I ever ASK how to do it, but I do ask what, lol.
hmm the sheik boards would probably help you here more than me, but I can bring up a few random things. Some of these you probably already know

in our games I noticed you rarely regrabbed me after a dthrow and I teched away. Get reeeeally comfortable and good with sheik's tech-chasing, and re-grab fast fallers (especially falcon) off of your reaction

be comfortable with everything ledge-related with sheik. Her up b stall, wavedashing off the ledge to aerials, etc. Everything you see m2k doing in these matches, for instance, you should learn to do and be comfortable doing them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHP06bjmhuM

I don't remember seeing you do the neutral b turn around to grab the ledge/edgeguard with, but I may have just not noticed it

wavedashing and wavedashing oos are important. It helps to keep sheik more fluid. Also you should short hop with her more, especially her fair

I would think the best way to learn would be to just watch a ton of m2k vids. Then once you have all the technical things down melee is primarily a feeling/experience thing imo

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
3+? What does this even mean?
:wolf: (ordered)
-3: :dedede: | :pikachu2:
-2: :wario:
-1: :metaknight: :snake: | :sheilda: :sheik: :diddy: :falco:
0: :popo: :marth: :olimar: :rob: :pit: | :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: | :gw: :kirby2:
+1: :toonlink: :ike: | :sonic: :peach: :lucas: :dk2: | :bowser2: :luigi2:
+2: :ness2: :pt: :mario2: :yoshi2: | :link2: :samus2: :jigglypuff: | :zelda: :ganondorf: :falcon:
Not saying I agree with it, that's why it's a john. D3 is definitly Wolfs toughest matchup, maybe Wario/Pika, but nah. Sheik is tough too.

hmm the sheik boards would probably help you here more than me, but I can bring up a few random things. Some of these you probably already know

in our games I noticed you rarely regrabbed me after a dthrow and I teched away. Get reeeeally comfortable and good with sheik's tech-chasing, and re-grab fast fallers (especially falcon) off of your reaction

be comfortable with everything ledge-related with sheik. Her up b stall, wavedashing off the ledge to aerials, etc. Everything you see m2k doing in these matches, for instance, you should learn to do and be comfortable doing them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHP06bjmhuM

I don't remember seeing you do the neutral b turn around to grab the ledge/edgeguard with, but I may have just not noticed it

wavedashing and wavedashing oos are important. It helps to keep sheik more fluid. Also you should short hop with her more, especially her fair

I would think the best way to learn would be to just watch a ton of m2k vids. Then once you have all the technical things down melee is primarily a feeling/experience thing imo
Good response, I'll look into that stuff.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Just made it back to Ellsworth. Either PM me with the next tourny info, or someone txt me.

Im gonna MM some scrub here, and see if he's ballsy enough for a $50 "reimburse me some gas money" match, xD

tech skill training for the next one.

Special shoutout to Bolon for housing me, that was legit man

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Thugz lost to David (cue) and myself. He should have gone Pika our entire set and he might have taken a match off me. He has made obvious improvements so keep helping him, Zinoto, he says you're like one of the nicest people in MI and one of the best brawlers.
Thugz has definitely made some major improvement, since I first started playing him. It's kind of him to say that though. I've yet to attend any Oos tournies, so I can't claim to be good until I see how I stack up with others outside MI. He should stick with :metaknight: and one secondary (I think :pikachu2:).

It was really kind of you guys to run a tourney and give some of the proceeds to the hosts family; give Dan my best regards :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It was really kind of you guys to run a tourney and give some of the proceeds to the hosts family; give Dan my best regards :)
Dan is like my best friend, so yeah, natural for me.

However, I'm really happy with our smash community here. Even though we are a bunch of trolls and talk a bunch of ****, we take care of our own.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
Jace - I think I've played you 3 times in a row now first round bracket. Your falcon taught me a lot of things to do like wavedashing Oos to space, and Bair to grab as well as dropping off the stage with a rising Uair. You're right, i should learn the match up better cause i'm just swinging my sword at you hoping it'll hit. matches on Yoututbe with marth in them are 95% of the time against a spacie though... hard to find a recent one vs falcon. good **** ****ting jbm, especially since i remember you saying that he used to 4 stock you back in the day.

Hondafoo - good **** ****ting me in our MM. I'll get u $4 at SMYM. Although i may have to MM you again =) i didn't know peach could be so scary. your reverse Bairs **** me so hard lol.

Rob - what is a sleeping PR? I might have done better with marth, but I probably would want to kill myself after the sheer gayness of the matchup.

Jman - no prob man. thanks for driving down and that Ylink vid was ridonk. your falcon got 100X better within a day. i remember the first night i played you, you got 4 stocked over and over, and by the time you left, you **** me pretty hard in a few matches.

Tyser - apparently you're the best in Nebraska now for 2 tournies in a row. go to SMYM and **** darkrain.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The sleeping PR is a joke from the BBQ smash event. Currently I believe it's something like this

#1-Colin (aka Wang)
#2-Joker
#3-Mexi
#4-Dan
#5-JBM???

Destructo disc PR
#1-Uli
HM-Dan.

Top Bottom