• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bushido Brawl Impact 2 [25.08.12 - 26.08.12]

Leon94

Smash Journeyman

Presents

2 years have passed since last BBI, and the victory of Glutonny over Ally in Grand Finals...
But now, the Bushido Impact Team is back and has the pleasure to announce one of the biggest tournaments for the end of ths summer :
Bushido Brawl Impact 2
[25.08.12 - 26.08.12]

The venue is the same one as the previous BBI : 11 Cour Debille, 75011 Paris (see the map)
We can host up to 256 players, with live streaming and commentary.
Register right now for the event !

Schedule

Saturday 25th, the venue opens at 9 AM, doubles will start at approximatively 11 AM, venue closes at 10 PM
Sunday 26th, the venue opens at 9 AM, singles will start at 11 AM, venue closes at 11 PM

Unfortunately, no one will be allowed to sleep at the venue,
but we negotiated a special rate to a nearby hotel,
and we got some availabilities from fellow players in Paris.
Details coming soon.

Venue and Tournament Entry Fees
Venue Fee : 20€
Entry Fee for singles : 10€
Entry Fee for doubles : 7€ / team member

Total : 37€

Cash Prize Repartition
Singles
1st receives 45% of the pot, 2nd 22.5%, 3rd 12%, 4th 7.5%, 5th 4%, 6th and 7th 2.5%

Doubles
1st team receives 50% of the pot, 2nd 25%, 3rd 15%, 4th 10%

Ruleset
The ruleset will be the exact same as Apex 2012.
Standing infinites such as Marth on Ness or DDD on DK are banned.
ICs CGs are not. Tripping is off.

Stage list :

Neutrals :
Franceville,
Final Destination,
Battlefield,
Yoshi’s Island,
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks :
Frigate Orpheon,
Halberd,
Castle Siege,
Delfino Plaza,
Pokemon Stadium 1

Registration
Go to http://www.bushido-impact.com/inscriptions-registers/
You have to pay via Paypal in order to complete your registration. No inscriptions will be accepted at the venue.
If you cannot pay via Paypal, please send a PM to this account.
Deadline for registration is August 19th.

Access to the venue
From Charles de Gaulle Airport : 1 hour, approx. 13€
Take
, direction Massy-Palaiseau, get out at Gare du Nord.
Then, take the subway
, direction Porte d'Orleans (Genéral Leclerc), get out at Strasbourg-Saint-Denis.
Then, take the subway
, direction Mairie de Montreuil, get out at Voltaire (Leon Blum)

From Paris East and North Train Stations (Gare de l'Est / Gare du Nord) : 20 minutes, approx. 2€
Take the subway
, direction Porte d'Orleans (Genéral Leclerc), get out at Strasbourg-Saint-Denis.
Then, take the subway
, direction Mairie de Montreuil, get out at Voltaire (Leon Blum).

From Paris Lyon Train Station (Gare de Lyon) : 20 minutes, approx 2€
Take the subway
, direction Chateau de Vincennes, get out at Nation.
Then, take the subway
, direction Pont de Sèvres, get out at Voltaire (Leon Blum).

Once you made it to Voltaire (Leon Blum) subway station, just follow this route to the venue

You are having difficulties organizing your trip ? You don't know how you can have the cheapest trip possible from where you are from ?
Please contact Dueler X and he will manage something for you.

Contacts
For any particular questions about the tournament or the organization, please send a PM to this account,
Nassleonfr on Skype, or nassim.l@hotmail.fr
For help organizing your trip or alternatives to maybe travel cheaper, please contact Dueler X

Miscellaneous
Can I bring my Wii to the venue ?
Yes, of course, although you will not have any discount for doing so.
Please extract all Texture hacks
, replay codes and music hacks are fine.
Only 2 days for such a big tournament ?
Unfortunately, yes. We tried to negotiate for having the venue open as of Friday 24th,
but it was denied. But, you can still come before the event to enjoy a tour of Paris and
to extend your playtime with local and international players.
Any confirmed / interested list yet ?
Coming soon, folks !

Here are some videos of BBI 1. Enjoy !
Photobook of Bushido Brawl Impact 1
Tournament Video Montage by Izaw
Crowd Reaction at Glutonny VS Ally Grand Finals

Hope to see you there ! Get Hype !

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Don't care about dates right now, just checked the calendar and it doesn't clash with any event atm.

I'm pretty much confirmed.

Skel'D3

Smash Cadet
I don't care about dates, I think i'm free during all summer so...

But thx Leon, this will be hype ! :)

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
CONFIRMED!!! (Both Dates)

But please make the friday happening (And maybe try to allow sleeping if possible...)

Yikarur

Smash Master
18th and 19th!
sleeping in the venue would be so much better.
"256 Player Limit" without housing in the venue D:
I probably can't come anyway because of money issues.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think you're kind of overrating how expensive housing needs to be. Especially if you already have the cash to go in the first place, putting in some extra work to find a nearby hostel or whatever isn't that bad.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I´m pretty much confirmed.
Purple~H too.

don´t care about the date, both are okay for me.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested, I will be able to come if I land a job for the summer. Not sure yet about which weekend would be better.

Je dis tout le temps lalalala!

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
CONFIRMED!!! (Both Dates)

But please make the friday happening (And maybe try to allow sleeping if possible...)
I'm trying to make the friday happening, but about the sleeping, I'm sorry but it's totally impossible. I will make a thread for the people who needs to get housed with a link with the best/cheap hotel close to the venue.

edit: if the venue is open for friday, we will make a side event or course

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I'm trying to make the friday happening, but about the sleeping, I'm sorry but it's totally impossible. I will make a thread for the people who needs to get housed with a link with the best/cheap hotel close to the venue.
Alright, I hope everyone is able to find housing :>

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
By the end of March, I'll make official the dates of BBI, please give your opinion on the matter until then, about the side event to

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Except this time it'll look and feel like the Paralympics as garbage desperately tries to fight garbage.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
What about this one: 1 stock singles, each player can use a single character in only one set for the whole tournament. If a player uses for example Olimar in a set, he can't use it in any upcoming sets. Same applies for single matches, if for example Olimar is used in a single match in a set, he can't be used in any sets later on. I think that in this case the rule has to be changed a bit, since the bracket will probably be huge, and 35 chars might not be enough for the amount of sets that it takes to reach grand finals through winner's bracket.

Credit to the Finnish player mmKALLL for coming up with this, we played this side event in December at the tournament he hosted, everyone seemed to like it a lot. The ruleset we used said that any timeouts would be played out. We used the same ruleset that Concentrate 1 had back in fall 2011 in their exhibition tournament.

This tournament rewards players with a lot of characters, knowing the opponent's characters will also help winning sets and will help players counterpick effectively. Players will have to make sacrifices, since they can't use a char more than once.

Top Bottom