• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 36 Project WHOBO 4 (2 of 5) 3/17! Powered by Gameover Video Games!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion

HOBO 36 Powered by GameOver Video Games!!!![/CENTER]

This HOBO will be at our brand new venue: GameOver Video Games! GameOver Video Games is a game store that specializes in retro games and are used to having events but we'll be their first bigger one. Make sure to check out the place and see all the stuff they sell!

On a more serious note: This tournament will be a test run for us and for them as well. The main concern of the owner, is how much we may affect their sales on Saturdays. Please, BEHAVE. I know I don't have to tell you guys normally but I just need to stress that we be good guests so we may come back in the future. Watch your curse words and watch being loud. I still want everyone to be hype just know to control yourselves.

Venue:

Game Over Video Games 3281 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77027
Phone Number for the venue: (713) 664-6837
The venue will have no chairs and we will be sitting on the floor like previous HOBOs unless you bring a chair for yourself.

Events:

Both events will be starting at 12:30!
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $20 ($10 each player)
Project WHOBO 4 fee(only applicable if you enter an event): $3

Twitter/Livestream:
twitter.com/thegreatsync
https://twitter.com/#!/rockettrainer

Housing:

I am the only person in Houston currently housing so you may contact me if you would like housing. Additionally, Leaf can house out in Dayton if you would like to house ~60 minutes from Houston. Our numbers are below:

Sync: (713)-201-8338
Leaf: (936)-402-5208

You may also check out http://www.hotels.com/ if you would like to find a hotel close to the venue.

Rules:

This tournament will be ran according to the URC's latest ruleset, Unity 2.1 http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

Setups:

Please please bring FULL setups(TVs/Wiis/SSBB) to this tournament! The more setups at the tournament the faster the tournament will run and more friendlies can be played :)

Payouts:

Brawl Singles:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

Brawl Doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Project WHOBO 4

This HOBO will be the second phase of "Project WHOBO 4". At each future HOBO(37/38/39) there will be a Project WHOBO fee of $3 collected and added to the pot bonus for WHOBO 4. Anybody who donates at 3 of the 5 future HOBOs will be allowed FREE entry into any event they choose at WHOBO 4. If you have any questions/comments about this, please post in this thread.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Two days after birthday? Interesting...

No venue fee? Odd...

Please add my twitter for coverage: https://twitter.com/#!/rockettrainer. Derp...

I always wondered about this place. Sounds hype.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If I attend this, I want some money matches. Who wants some free money

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Really want to attend this.
Hopefully it's not the first HOBO I miss.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Do they have chairs?

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Recording...puzzle pieces...souls...

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
So like, I get paid the day before this, and it's during spring break, so I reeeeallly wanna go. Can anyone gimme rides while I'm in town/house me. I shall pay of course if I need to.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I posted some pics of the venue on my twitter. They sell old video games, so if you collect old video games, bring money to support them!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In the OP...

The second pic that shows the Video Game Museum, which is the back area of the store, is where we'll probably be. I was told that they will push the shelves towards the front so that we'll have plenty of room. There's only one table, so if you guys don't want to play on the floor, bring tables. Otherwise...

DEAL WITH IT...by bring your own.

Tesh

Smash Hero
They accept credit cards right? I'm in the market for good ps2/gc/gba/ds games.

Confirmed for this (yes big hype about 3 miles down the street).

Xyro/Sync are you actually even keeping track of who donates to the WHOBO fund?

I'd also like to point out that giving free entry into any event is looking...odd to me. The most expensive event at WHOBO (per person) is singles for 16 dollars and according to the OP you are going to let dozens of people enter for only 9 dollars. I just want to confirm now that you mean ANY event and not just any side event.

I challenge EVERYONE to a money match. Yes, thats right. Every single one of you.

Since there is no side event, I challenge you all to a Bo1 MM for 1$. This is open to anyone to accept here or just find me at the venue.

I'm still wiiiiiiiiiiide open to any tastier challenges however.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I might go check out the venue this weekend and see what they offer. I know they "specialize" in SNES games, but I saw plenty of other systems and handhelds...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Can I buy the consoles from them? Cuz I don't have anything older than Ps2 anymore.

As long as they accept credit cards its w/e. I'm sure I'll have some time to browse after I'm out of bracket.

sheikamaru

jive
good call sync. we should probably wait and see how this tournament runs before anything. or by the chance we end up finishing mad early we can add something on to it after, or just go out to eat lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can I buy the consoles from them? Cuz I don't have anything older than Ps2 anymore.

As long as they accept credit cards its w/e. I'm sure I'll have some time to browse after I'm out of bracket.
I vaguely remember them having N64, Genesis, SNES, Gamecubes, Ataris, and some handhelds. If you live that close to them, go check them out.

D3UberD3

Smash Cadet
anyone in the woodlands or conroe carpooling? I have plenty of money and stuff...never been to one of these b4

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
HYPE!!! Ill probably stop by and check out the venue and support if any help is needed. Been looking for a gameboy micro cause i always wanted one but could never find one. Hopefully they have 1 waiting just for me :grin:

Tesh

Smash Hero
1$ Bo1 (We will strike from Unity starter list)

Also Sync you should do an MK only side event. MK doubles.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Checked out the venue again, and yeah, they have a lot of games for different systems and other merchandise, like the oh-so-bad Ngage. I highly encourage people to buy at least a soda or something and support them. I like this venue. :)

They also have a free play Ghosts n Goblins machine as well, for those that wish to suffer at the hands of a REAL game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh my god, thats in the same series as Maximo :ghosts to glory eh? I loved the difficulty in that game. And free you say?

1 week away, where is the hype guys? New venue, new TO, maybe even an amazing god tier side event?

Gea

Smash Master
No Tesh. Ghosts N Goblins is from the Ghouls and Ghosts series. You know, Arthur? Firebrand?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Iono, Wikipedia says its "based on the Ghost n Goblins universe". Its listed as a spin-off. I'm guessing the gameplay won't be similar enough for me to like them all the same?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Malformed video ID tho.

I know that since they will let you play any game that they have...

Xyro, I challenge you to Goldeneye on the N64. Let's see how you'll do on your real shooter.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I need someone to give me rides when I get in town for this, would anyone be able to do so??

I'll of course pay w/e gas money you think is necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom