• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Back-Flip Mega EXPLOSION! feat. DendyPretendy

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash

Play more Megaman X

Hiya, DendyPretendy and Sung here choosing a date without a tournament to have a tournament on. There WILL be snacks, lots of snacks. There WILL be melee in a cool venue. There WILL be TheCrimsonBlur bringing his laptop so we can use it for Tio tournament organizer. There WILL be more people coming to Occidental Friday weekly smashfests http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313020.

PLEASE BRING TVS AND SETUPS!!!

DIRECTIONS
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041
March 10th (It's a saturday)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/r2t43.jpg/
^That's where you should park and make sure to call me after you park so I can come out and guide you in! Please follow the directions EXACTLY!!! (That means going INTO the entrance of the college and going right then following the path until you can't go straight anymore then turn right and you should be at the parking spot)

EVENTS AND FEES:

Venue Fee - $0
Melee Singles - $5
Melee Doubles - $5 (for each person)

Yes the venue is free, but please please try to bring setups+TVs, we have a guaranteed 3 full setups at the start

VENUE:
Speaking of venue, it’s a pretty big room and well ventilated, never in all of the smash I’ve played there have I ever been too hot or too cold it was always just right, Goldilocks status. Water fountain located within 10 steps of the pictures below. There should be enough chairs/couches (not all depicted in pics) for around 16 people, so if you have smallish chairs please bring :) I for one will be sitting on the floor mostly.

[COLLAPSE="Venue pictures"]Main

Left

Right
[/COLLAPSE]
EVENT SCHEDULE:
12:00 PM – Doors open
1:00 PM – Melee doubles
After doubles - Melee singles (could have pools if there are enough people)

PAYOUTS:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

VENUE RULES:
1. Cussing is fine and dandy, or should I say… Dendy!
2. Don’t be dumb

MELEE RULES:

* Stage Striking is in effect and first person to strike is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* All Semi-Finals are best of 5 matches
* All Finals are best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned
* Any stage can be played upon as long as both players agree

- Neutral Stages -
* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
* Pokemon Stadium (Doubles)

- Counterpick Stages -
* All neutral stages
* Pokemon Stadium (Singles)
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle

- Set Order -
* Blind Picks character selection.
* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
* The first match is played.
* Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
* The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
* The winning player of preceding match picks character.
* The losing player picks character.
* The next match is played.
* Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

SUNG
Cell: 469-235-6458 call or text (DO NOT USE THIS PHONE ANYMORE, I HAVE A NEW NUMBER)
214-315-3843 call or text!
AIM: SUNG475 (I'm usually on)

DendyPretendy
Cell: 612-720-7517

-Hopefully we'll have Emily/Stab record sets smiley
-Please bring setups/TVs and yourselves!!! Yea post here if you're coming and give me some sort of contact from you :D Let's rock this!! Thank you Based God.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ill try as well, though it is the weekend right before finals

nice no venue fee and snacks!? oh yea

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
I want to go to this. You guys could always use more pot contributors right?

SUNG666

Smash Ace
^Of course.

Also I got confirmation from Dendy that it should be fine to sleep on the couches from the smashfest on friday as long as you don't do anything dumb

Tournament doesn't end until it ends...could go on longer than 4AM if yall still wanna play

PLEASE BRING TVS AND SETUPS!!!

WHA?

Smash Ace
anyone passing through the 818 (as in taking the 101)???
Ill pay your venue if u can pick me up!!! (but seriously ill get you gas $$$$)

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
OMG MERC MERC MERC SO EXCITED

wha? what's your address? you're not on the way but i may be able to do you a solid

(if yer scrambling last min for a ride call me when u wake up 909-634-8509)

SUNG666

Smash Ace
Ok so the right side is blocked by construction so just go straight into he entrance with the left side and proceed to follow the map. If there are no parking spots left in the circle shown on the map anywhere that says general parking is fine if you have any questions please contact me or Dendy.

\/Q

Smash Rookie
im down...are the weekly friday sessions at occidental still happening?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
thanks for hosting sung dendy crimson, it was a lot of fun!

someone please help me with marth, its so frustrating :(

shoutouts later when theres full results

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Good job Sung, Dendy (and maybe Crimson? lol) for hosting a great tournament. Met lots of people today. Too many shout outs. You're all cool, lol.

Singles Results:
1. s2j
2. Fly
3. Westballz
see everyone tmrw
Lovage, last place. Didn't make it out of pools.

Edit: Nooo, left my power surge thing at the venue. Sung or Dendy could you hold on to it for me and bring it to GRev?

WestBallz

Smash Ace
great tourney
s2j always ****in hilarious as always
adam good to finally see u coming out again
merck dude ur hella good and chill
sung hi
dendy good **** hosting
crimson chin your controller has this certain aura to it that makes it look godly. or maybe its ur hand grease

tafo where the **** did u come from and when the **** did u get soo good?
fly sry i suck
baka sup
stab u got better lol but u still suck
hyprid yo
ben clarke and jocelyn u guys are homies

GSUB

Smash Lord
Ben: way to be a homie and pay for me to enter. Really good games :) your play-style is adapting. Too bad I didn't get to see you in bracket though :(

Jocelyn: you're a great listener and learn pretty quick. so glad to help! keep on playing!

Adam: Good seeing you. I wanna play you and your other characters some more! herbs too good.

Matt: good stuff in tourney. also I need to play your falco some more! in pools I was just like, this aint gonna happen, lol so good against puff. Second game was close though.

Crimson: idk. our games were fun as hell, but I wish I was taking it more seriously. ****'s whack homie. word.. either way, I still wanna play you more. Our games were seriously really fun.

Merc: Yo it was great meeting you. chill and funny as ****. great smokeout for sure B) really fun games. you're too good.

Kevin: So glad we finally got to play. i could play you for days man. Your young link, i approve.

Jeremy: Good seeing you as always! Good stuff in bracket too. In-N-Out was fun times.

Dendyyy: Duddde, thanks for the piece and all the sh-sh-shake. too good. glad we finally got around to talking and playing finally. I like your puff; your match against johnny was good, you almost had that, seriously so close. Looking forward to seeing you man.

Johnny: #1, good stuff. glad to see you're still around.

CommonYoshi: I forgot already. good games though, I remember that at least. lol.

Vincent: Our matches were beyond amazing. sooooo fun. I think we both know this. you're hilarious too. can't wait to see you at more stuff.

The person that said wombo combo: That **** still has me laughing.

Wes: Always great seeing you. Except when you make stinky faces.

baka's #1 fangirl: great set! It was really close.

fatcow: I like your marth man. really close second match. gg's

everyone else: oops <3

Top Bottom